Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serrath
Mar 17, 2005

I have nothing of value to contribute
Ham Wrangler
Wasn't same sex marriage going to be legalized today? What happened with that?

Actually, how is that supposed to work at all? From the news reports, Shorten is just going to... propose a motion to vote on SSM? Why is this being reported as some Machiavellian manipulation of the rules in the media, it seems like the first thing I'd do if I was a politician in favour of a policy that had wide public support but poor support among my political opponents...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

LibertyCat posted:

Also DAVID LEYONHJELM REELECTED gently caress YES.

And his first act is to pursue a journalist under 18c because, like you, he's a giant pissbaby.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
People back in 1939 and '65 were notoriously hard to offend and would never have complained about outbreaks of perceived anti-social behaviour.

quote:

Until 1949 the death penalty was still on the books for sodomy in Victoria.

meteor9
Nov 23, 2007

"That's why I put up with it."
So apparently the amalgamated councils in Sydney that were cleared out and replaced with Liberal party shills that will rubberstamp all the westconnex poo poo will not be going to election next month unlike all other councils in NSW.

Because that's somehow okay and cool.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Hitler is still alive in Brazil :tinfoil:

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

hooman posted:

Lets play: Strangle, Make PM, Hang out with

Choices: Catte, Yourself, Cory Bernardi.

I strangle myself, and make Bernardi PM. Death is certain.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Whats the difference between ScreamingLlama and a Greens member?

The Greens member supports a party that exists

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
ScreamingLlama has been reading this thread for a month, reading us mocking without a way to reply. He will have the meltdown to end All meltdowns when he gets off.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
My bus driver is listening to Andrew Bolt, what do?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jumpingmanjim posted:

My bus driver is listening to Andrew Bolt, what do?

Stand forward of the driver and refuse to move until he changes the station.

This is also why you should always carry handcuffs.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
full communism now

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Avshalom posted:

full communism now

correct

Jintor
May 19, 2014

this tweeter is pretty okay

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

I like this

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Avshalom posted:

full communism now

But the communism has no bread, Queen Antoinette

AgentF
May 11, 2009

The perfect carrots for making some juche

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Let screingllama do this months op, they seem to get some sort of kick out of doing it

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Lol kathy jackson

One more for cuntstruck

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
The gently caress?

Pauline Hanson and Tony Abbott kiss and make up in bizarre staged Facebook video

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-po...831-gr5y4s.html

quote:

Pauline Hanson blames Tony Abbott for her imprisonment over now quashed electoral fraud charges but the pair have made up in a bizarre staged video posted to the senator's Facebook page, in a move that will spark further speculation the former prime minister is attempting a political comeback.
"Pauline it's good to catch up with you after all these years," Mr Abbott said, making no mention of the brutal campaign he led to destroy her One Nation party.

In a stilted conversation lasting just 40 seconds, Ms Hanson thanked "Tony" for visiting her in her office and for sharing a cup of coffee.
"I think it is great too and I really appreciate you coming to my office and saying 'hello' and welcoming me to the Parliament," she said.
"And we've had a bit of a chat and we've had a cup of coffee and it's great and I really to appreciate that Tony."

Mr Abbott, who in the late 1990s established a trust fund to bankroll civil cases against One Nation when it posed an electoral threat to the Liberals, struck a markedly different tone in the video and endorsed her mandate.

"Pauline there are half a million people who voted for you and you'll be a strong voice for their concerns," he said. In 2003, Mr Abbott said he could live with his conscience in toppling One Nation.

The encounter will be closely observed in Canberra where Coalition figures believe Mr Abbott is attempting a political comeback by garnering support amongst the crossbenchers who can determine the success or failure of government legislation. His wooing of Ms Hanson echoes overtures made by Malcolm Turnbull to the then crossbench kingmaker Clive Palmer in 2014 which was widely seen as a similar demonstration of being able to negotiate with the unwieldly Senate.

The Prime Minister has also met with Ms Hanson since she was elected to the Senate, in what she described as a constructive meeting in which "he took note of everything I said and was very interested in my opinion".
Although Mr Abbott's chances of returning to the leadership are rated as slim, he is attempting to recast himself as the figurehead for the conservatives, recently conceding he stuffed up reforms to the Racial Discrimination Act – a pet issue for free speech advocates in the Liberal Party.
Ms Hanson's anti-immigration stance appeals to many conservative voters. Shortly after the Coalition's dismal showing in the July double dissolution election, prominent conservative senator Cory Bernardi linked the elevation of Mr Turnbull, a moderate, to the position of Prime Minister to Senator Hanson's political revival.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lnp-nats-one nation coalition

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

SynthOrange posted:

Lnp-nats-one nation coalition

I can hear Menzies spinning in his grave

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Let screingllama do this months op, they seem to get some sort of kick out of doing it

gently caress no

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-01/behind-the-scenes-of-tim-wilson's-maiden-speech/7803800

ABC trying to compete with GQ?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-01/behind-the-scenes-of-tim-wilson%27s-maiden-speech/7803800

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Ugh he's a flat tax moron

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Where's his fedora?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tim Wilson is such an odd duck. What's his background? I'm guessing he's all for free speech and the right to be racist because even as a gay man his privileged upbringing protected him from the worst of the discrimination that entails.

Not to mention he's in favour of the plebiscite :psyduck:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Where's his fedora?

He's internalised it.

EDIT:
"Where's my Fedora" by Timothy Wilson, Age 9

"Where's my Fedora?" Asked Tim, because his fedora was nowhere to be seen!

"Is it behind this state sponsored hate campaign?" Tim asked, but it wasn't.

"Is it underneath this racial discrimination act?" Tim wondered, but it wasn't.

"Is it in this report about torture of refugees?" Tim opined, but it wasn't.

Then Tim suddenly realised, he didn't need his fedora at all to ignore human rights while the human rights commissioner, he'd been doing just fine without it! His fedora had been inside him all along.

hooman fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 1, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Tim Wilson is such an odd duck. What's his background? I'm guessing he's all for free speech and the right to be racist because even as a gay man his privileged upbringing protected him from the worst of the discrimination that entails.

Not to mention he's in favour of the plebiscite :psyduck:

Not really that confusing. He's a fuckwit who thinks that 18C is the greatest offence to human rights in Australia at the moment.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

norp posted:

Ugh he's a flat tax moron

wow weird former ipa employee in bad opinion shock

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Not really that confusing. He's a fuckwit who thinks that 18C is the greatest offence to human rights in Australia at the moment.

Yeah but that makes sense as he's a white guy.

Being in favour of the "let's bash the gays and then ignore the result anyway" plebiscite as a gay man just makes no sense to me unless he's no longer a person, just a walking ipa policy document wearing a human skin suit.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Being in favour of the "let's bash the gays and then ignore the result anyway" plebiscite as a gay man just makes no sense to me unless he's no longer a person, just a walking ipa policy document wearing a human skin suit.

He's a principled grown up who puts good policy ahead of feeling offended you pinko sjw.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Any personal beliefs he once may have held have been subsumed by the groups he belongs to. See: Penny Wong being against gay marriage when the ALP was.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It was good to catch up with Pauline today. We have a chequered history, but our country is best served by parliamentarians working constructively with each other over the next three years.

Anidav fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Sep 1, 2016

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The comments section is like:

Its just like Reagan and Thatcher!

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."

hooman posted:

He's internalised it.

EDIT:
"Where's my Fedora" by Timothy Wilson, Age 9

"Where's my Fedora?" Asked Tim, because his fedora was nowhere to be seen!

"Is it behind this state sponsored hate campaign?" Tim asked, but it wasn't.

"Is it underneath this racial discrimination act?" Tim wondered, but it wasn't.

"Is it in this report about torture of refugees?" Tim opined, but it wasn't.

Then Tim suddenly realised, he didn't need his fedora at all to ignore human rights while the human rights commissioner, he'd been doing just fine without it! His fedora had been inside him all along.

You are a gem Hooman

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Anidav posted:

The comments section is like:

Its just like Reagan and Thatcher!

Not really the same, they both had the common decency to die.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

What the gently caress?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Solemn Sloth posted:

wow weird former ipa employee in bad opinion shock

I read that as IGA employee and was very confused for a moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Anidav posted:

What the gently caress?

Casually checking my fob watch upside down

• Locked thread