Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

the drone guys are definitely idiots but lets not defend some idiot redneck firing a weapon into the air either and then saying she would have killed them too, she sounds psychotic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF5tIWMa2k4

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Apocadall posted:

the drone guys are definitely idiots but lets not defend some idiot redneck firing a weapon into the air either and then saying she would have killed them too, she sounds psychotic

actually she's a True American and should be applauded

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

man nascar is dumb as poo poo in every language.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

That lady owns

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Apocadall posted:

lmao

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

i didn't realize we had so many trump supporters in here, yospos really is diverse :unsmith:

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Apocadall posted:

didn't something like this happen last summer when some teen was tryin to use his drone as a remote peeping tom on some guy's wife and daughter and after he shot it outta the sky the perv teen's parents sued him

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Apocadall posted:

i didn't realize we had so many trump supporters in here, yospos really is diverse :unsmith:

make yospos great again!!!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
oh yeah here it is and he got arrested

lol kentucky tho

The drone's owner, David Boggs, had produced flight data that insisted his machine had been flying higher than Merideth had claimed.

The judge, however, seems not a fan of big data. She's a woman of the people. She declared that two human witnesses saw the drone below the tree line. This evidence was, to her, conclusive. To her, this was an invasion of Merideth's privacy.

and the FAA says that it's a federal felony

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
https://twitter.com/forexposure_txt/status/770980717236920320

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol kentucky tho

The drone's owner, David Boggs, had produced flight data that insisted his machine had been flying higher than Merideth had claimed.

The judge, however, seems not a fan of big data. She's a woman of the people. She declared that two human witnesses saw the drone below the tree line. This evidence was, to her, conclusive. To her, this was an invasion of Merideth's privacy.

does it fall under same laws as shooting at an aircraft?

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

there's this really weird crossover between people who can't wait to shoot and kill to defend their own sacred property, and people who can't wait to destroy someone else's property

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Apocadall posted:

does it fall under same laws as shooting at an aircraft?

exactly the same

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

exactly the same

would that also cover using a green laser pointer to take out the camera? is that actually illegal or is that more of a heavily frowned upon thing?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

sandoz posted:

there's this really weird crossover between people who can't wait to shoot and kill to defend their own sacred property, and people who can't wait to destroy someone else's property

my great grandfather in mississippi was known for shooting the neighborhood dogs if they wandered onto his property

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

would love to name and shame entitled fucks like that

ughhhh - DO YOUR JOB... for free

eat poo poo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Apocadall posted:

would that also cover using a green laser pointer to take out the camera? is that actually illegal or is that more of a heavily frowned upon thing?

oh yeah for like a decade now the FAA has been tryin to crack down on dumbass teens shining them at airplanes and helicopters

its a big ol federal felony

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i love our very lame shadowrun future

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

does anyone else look at that and think the rear end in a top hat would probably even renege on the promised "full credit"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
work for me for free you entitled millennial twerp

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

olho vivo e faro fino by shiko, on Flickr
artists flickr is :nws:

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Apocadall posted:

a laser powerful enough to gently caress up a camera sensor is powerful enough to make popcorn out of someone's retina, so at the very least they could get reckless endangerment or some poo poo

Panty Saluter posted:

Lol, a pasty bald white dude with horrific posture is afraid of the whole world? Shock horror

lmao right?

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this is perfect

and its mine now but i'll be sure to put your name beneath it when i use it to make money!

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

what is going on?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

syscall girl posted:

lol @ anything that is otc but can be prescribed at a higher dosage

what even is that and what legal fuckery caused that

we call this advil3

it's a bigass ibuprofen tablet that has 3x the advil of one 150mg tablet

yeah you got to check with your doctor about that poo poo

sustained release NSAIDs have higher rates of GI bleeds I believe

also melatonin is prescription only here in nz and maybe in Australia too and it's
not cheap like in the US

epipen posted:

oh man it's super fun when doctors prescribe anti-depressants and poo poo without understanding how they're supposed
SNRI class antidepressants bind to both serotonin and noradrenaline receptors, but generally bind preferentially (to a significant degree) to serotonin (excluding like, a handful of medications that slightly prefer noradrenaline receptors).
meaning, you have to increase the dose until serotonin receptors are more or less saturated with the medication, before it will bind to any significant amount of noradrenaline receptors, otherwise you might as well just prescribe an SSRI.
edit to say: i know you know stuff like this, just, for the folks who don't, + i just really hate SNRIs poo poo gave me discontinuation syndrome while i

maybe I knew it once lol. Drs prescribe by indication though I guess ? see some huge doses of venlafaxine/efexor and scares the poo poo out if me

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
fuckin pillheads all of you

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Apocadall posted:

it sounds like it was on a farm with cattle so she probably lives in the county and can do whatever TEH FUKC SHE WANTS like bam margera

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2pAI22tQ0w&t=619s

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol kentucky tho

Bullitt County, Kentucky

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-QIeng2lOo

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

it's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow into my brain

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2pAI22tQ0w&t=96s

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

tablets and capsules for fucksake

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Apocadall posted:

that's an interesting question. a guy in az got two years in jail for standing in the PHX approach path and pointing one of those chinese lasers at the planes as they were landing. i'd think it would be different with no humans directly endangered, but maybe the FAA doesn't see a difference

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Lomarf

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!