Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tesseraction posted:

"Democrat Party"

Holy poo poo I didn't catch that.

Did Russia seriously make up a fake scandalous e-mail that didn't even manage to be scandalous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Vile posted:

we are going to build something on our sovereign land

ok

*check*

[in spanish] "loving imbecile"

"huh?"

[back in English] "I said that it'll be difficult"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/771088274865659904

If he doesn't take questions, this isn't the headline.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Montasque posted:

No one is saying Hillary is doomed, or even that Trump is going to win.

We're just pointing out that one of Trump's crazy tricks actually paid off.

yeah i mean we've been doing this for like a year now and suddenly it's a huge deal? it's been such a long time that anything worked right for trump I guess some people are just thinking it's a complete impossibility at this point

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/MegKinnardAP/status/771087990886174720

hahaha

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
master of setting the lowest bar possible

fucks sake he nearly fell asleep

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, I think that this was the biggest victory that trump has had for a long time, simply by dint of not being a total embarrassing failure. I would imagine that it's probably going to give him lots of media back patting. This is more or less what I expected at the start of the month when trump was going down poo poo river: he gets on a somewhat even keel, and stages a comeback, probably ultimately losing in a fashion similar to Romney.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

ads on american tv are 80% for medicine that will get your dick up again or gently caress it up forever, sometimes both

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Nonsense posted:

He invited Trump and Hillary. Trump accepted, and he rolled out the red carpet like a fool. Only thing that makes sense is if the President believed Trump would suffer being seen to tone down his rhetoric, which he did, but whatever, I don't see American voters giving much of a poo poo about Trump in Mexico, when many right-wing Republicans consider them to be beneath them.

When someone they see as beneath them you're gonna see how quickly they can displace that hatred onto other groups, Muslims are like a giant hatesponge to the right wing

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That leaked DCCC memo you all thought sounded reasonable, the HuffPo headline on it is: Leaked Memo Told Dems: 'Don't Offer Support' For Black Lives Matter Policy Positions.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was a good day for Trump, which makes it a bad day for most.

But he'll gently caress it up soon enough. He's a proven gently caress up.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The Larch posted:

Holy poo poo I didn't catch that.

also it's formatted like a word document but doesn't have standard internal document watermarks (usually header and footer)

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
i still think some of you think policy and what Trump has said in the past matters

it doesnt

you can quote pundits saying trump said this! now says that! all you want with your lols and rofls

im telling you, the people yesterday, the websites on the alt right, everything i see

this is a cult of personality. its FASCISM ok people?

policies dont matter, words dont matter. perceived strength does

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Yes. When dealing with Trump's core supporters "Nothing matters" is still the law.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

radical meme posted:

That leaked DCCC memo you all thought sounded reasonable, the HuffPo headline on it is: Leaked Memo Told Dems: 'Don't Offer Support' For Black Lives Matter Policy Positions.

That's a really bad headline, doesn't mean that line is suddenly controversial.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

radical meme posted:

oh word the huffington post is stupid as hell?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

The Larch posted:

Reminder that the Clinton campaign has released basically zero oppo on Trump so far.

Have you been paying attention at all? It's been a steady drip of oppo for weeks now, where do you think all the stuff about Bannon came from?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

He's literally done call and response at his rallies of:

"Who's gonna pay for the wall?"

"MEXICO!"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

the huffingfarts post

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Carlos_Borunda/status/771088642894815232

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

the huffingfarts post

I know, I know, I shouldn't sign my posts

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I got it

Maybe Trump offered a Lord Soul to Gravelord Nieto

Make Lordran Great Again

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Vile posted:

i still think some of you think policy and what Trump has said in the past matters

it doesnt

you can quote pundits saying trump said this! now says that! all you want with your lols and rofls

im telling you, the people yesterday, the websites on the alt right, everything i see

Vile... gets it? Whoa.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Sinteres posted:

It was a good moment for Trump, but I don't think it's a stunt with a high payoff even with success. Who decides to vote for him because the President of Mexico didn't call him an rear end in a top hat? He still is who he is.

You underestimate what loving idiots voters are.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vile posted:

it doesnt

Even a blind dog finds its rear end in a top hat every now and again.

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/771080869482205184

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

The Nastier Nate posted:

My biggest problem with the wall is why does Mexico have to pay for the whole thing? We have a ton of Honduran, Guatemalan, Nicraguan and other central American countries sending us their criminals and rapists.

I bet if we told Mexico they only had to pay a few billion and the other countries would kick in the rest, they would be so relieved that they would write us a check the next day.

dr plump parachute account spotted

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
We're going to build a wall. And who's going to pay for it?

Does it matter? - Sheriff Joe Cuckpaio

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

me too

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Karl Sharks posted:

cool, thanks for the lesson!

I wish I was being glib but the PRI really are that bad. The one thing Trump could rightly say that generalizes the Mexican people would be by calling them out for being dumb by electing the PRI.

In case you need more evidence, Pena Nieto is coached by the people that did this, but are really old now:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tlatelolco_massacre

gently caress the PRI forever, at least Vicente Fox would have invited Trump to Mexico and demolished him.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Eonwe posted:

Does it matter? - Sheriff Joe Cuckpaio

lol first time ive heard that nickname lfmao

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/771082792562102272

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

radical meme posted:

The weird thing about that is that literally the only group that would possibly be upset by that is the BLM activist community who is already leery of Democrats and mostly operating outside of national political institutions anyway. I expect the main impact of it is going to give Freepers another thing to use to claim that Democrats are hypocrites, but I don't see any group whose opinions are going to change as a result of this memo.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

if thats true we're hosed

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Vile posted:

trump actually is a genius in that he set the bar so loving low that he can't really screw up if he doesn't call someone a 4 letter word

"haha you idiots think i'm a drooling retard, just as planned"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vile posted:

lol first time ive heard that nickname lfmao

lamfo

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Peña Nieto standing there not challenging Trump at all probably did a lot to make him look Presidential. I got a sort of gross feeling watching it because it looked super legitimate. Of course, they completely swept any substance under the rug, but this was a undoubtedly positive for Trump. Hopefully he says something extra stupid later tonight to erase it completely.

Hell, even Sheriff Joe appearing on CNN afterward was completely low energy and didn't do anything to rile anybody up aside from the whole "lol nothing matters" of saying that it doesn't matter who pays for the wall. If Trump and his surrogates aren't constantly being the biggest loving idiots on the planet, people start giving him credit because people are dumb as gently caress.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

Feldegast42 posted:

I got it

Maybe Trump offered a Lord Soul to Gravelord Nieto

Make Lordran Great Again

He offered him the position of permanent caudillo of Mexico

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Karl Sharks posted:

"haha you idiots think i'm a drooling retard, just as planned"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vile posted:

it doesnt

You're especially smug about Trump not making GBS threads himself for a single day

• Locked thread