Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Maybe he only just noticed the big yellow BEAR LEFT signs?

Nah looked more like a goat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It was probably a woman driver

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

ringu0 posted:

For those looking, this is the article, and NDT's reply is the first one in the comments section: http://magicvalley.com/news/opinion...679deed140.html

The editorial board posted basically saying "lol, Larson got fuckin' owned."

http://magicvalley.com/news/opinion/editorial/our-view-a-beat-down-of-cosmic-proportion/article_87a547ac-bb91-59b2-b0c7-d851a6c24b78.html

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Ak Gara posted:

Okay...I get that he was tailgating like an idiot and had to swerve out of the way of the car in front, aaaand I get that he over compensated when doing his emergency manoeuvre, but there's no secondary corrective steering. He just turns the wheel left and leaves it there?

I've done this once before and I went left, right, left, right, 180 degrees and then rolling backwards looking into the eyes of the guy driving behind me. You really can't predict what your car will do when Jesus takes the wheel.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Yeah the best part is his own editorial board selling him down the river and laughing about it publicly.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Slugnoid posted:

I've done this once before and I went left, right, left, right, 180 degrees and then rolling backwards looking into the eyes of the guy driving behind me. You really can't predict what your car will do when Jesus takes the wheel.

Stereotyping, but there's a good chance the tailgating rear end in a top hat in a truck swerved and then aggressively accelerated to show the other driver how great he was and hosed it up. Possibly in combination with not wearing a seatbelt and losing control.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

alternate suggestion run over dogs in your car

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

TotalLossBrain posted:

Hope Solo learns of the consequences of her big mouth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14oramM-XYg

:lol: at this loving idiot opening her stupid mouth, especially with a track record of poo poo like this:

quote:

This, after all, isn’t the goalie’s first time being suspended. She was given 30 days last January after her husband, the former Seattle Seahawk Jerramy Stevens, was caught drunkenly driving a U.S. Soccer team van around Manhattan Beach, with Solo apparently his belligerent passenger. As U.S. Coach Jill Ellis said at the time, Solo’s behavior “resulted in a negative impact on U.S. Soccer and her teammates,” thus justifying her suspension.

quote:

Then there’s her misdemeanor domestic violence charge, which stemmed from a convoluted 2014 incident in which she was accused of assaulting her sister and 17-year-old nephew. That case remains unresolved—earlier this year, a Washington appeals court rejected her request to avoid trial.

Real class act there, surprised she didn't say something even stupider. Enjoy the suspension, dipshit.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Texas pet-sitting company loses yelp lawsuit

quote:

The legal fracas, said Paul Alan Levy, the Public Citizen lawyer who litigated the case, has hurt the pet-sitting company's reputation because local and national press had picked up on the story.
“Not only did the company lose business when customers were disgusted over the non-disparagement lawsuit, it now is responsible to pay attorney fees and sanctions. This case should serve as a warning to other companies," he said.

Good.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BOOTY-ADE posted:

:lol: at this loving idiot opening her stupid mouth, especially with a track record of poo poo like this:

Real class act there, surprised she didn't say something even stupider. Enjoy the suspension, dipshit.

Is she Tonya Harding in disguise or something?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Data Graham posted:

Is she Tonya Harding in disguise or something?

Tonya Harding got fat, she works in landscaping now.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Remember the 2012 Aurora Colorado shooting where a guy shot up a cinema at a screening of The Dark Knight Rises? A federal judge just ordered four people who survived the massacre to pay $700,000 to the theater.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/how-four-batman-movie-massacre-survivors-ended-up-owing-us-theatre-930000-20160831-gr55us.html

A group of 41 survivors had been suing the theater chain for not doing enough to ensure their safety and the judge made it known that he was about to announce his decision the next day that the cinema wasn't liable for the shooting and the plaintiffs should accept a settlement immediately because if they saw it through and lost then under Colorado law they'd be liable for the huge court costs. Everyone agreed to take the tiny sum the cinema was offering and divide it up among themselves but at the last minute one guy went "I think I deserve a bigger share, I'm not agreeing to this" so 37 of the plaintiffs immediately bailed out of the case and the four people who stuck with it got hit with all the court costs.

Great work, that one guy!

Is this one of those "need to sue due to Insurance requiring it before paying out" types of deals that exist for some inscrutable reason or is it really just a bunch of people attempting to blame the theatre for something beyond their control?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Almost definitely a lawyer convincing people that he can get them a sweet settlement, and it won't cost them a thing. I'm sure the initial thought was the theater would just pay them and not take it to court.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Someone is gonna die or is already dead for this

http://www.vice.com/read/someone-shipped-55-million-worth-of-cocaine-to-a-coca-cola-factory-vgtrn

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
'and, more importantly, what happened to the missing juice'
I'd be a little more concerned about the millions of bucks worth of cocaine on your hands, guys

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Malachite_Dragon posted:

'and, more importantly, what happened to the missing juice'
I'd be a little more concerned about the millions of bucks worth of cocaine on your hands, guys

I'm sure they'll find a way to properly and legally dispose of the $45 million in cocaine. Probably handing all $40 million of it over to the authorities.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Met posted:

I love my iPhone... but holy poo poo. 0.005% effective corporate tax rate? gently caress 'em.

Ireland doesn't want the money. Ireland and Apple are both happy with the arrangement. Same as when states offer tax break incentives to companies to move there.
This is a 3rd party telling another country that the tax deal they cut with a company isn't good enough and retroactively ordering the company to pay more money. The EU is dumb as poo poo.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

FCKGW posted:

Ireland doesn't want the money. Ireland and Apple are both happy with the arrangement. Same as when states offer tax break incentives to companies to move there.
This is a 3rd party telling another country that the tax deal they cut with a company isn't good enough and retroactively ordering the company to pay more money. The EU is dumb as poo poo.

The EU just wants a level playing field that all the members have agreed to. Someone is cheating and got called out on it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Burning_Monk posted:

The EU just wants a level playing field that all the members have agreed to. Someone is cheating and got called out on it.

Yep, I don't see how it's that hard to understand.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

FCKGW posted:

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2016/08/31/irish-people-under-the-impression-government-would-spend-apples-e13bn-on-them/

edit: the only people i've heard saying ireland are happy with the arrangement here are politicians. the same shower of pricks who pull stunts like installing anti-homeless spikes outside of welfare offices while the country is going through a homeless crisis. take a wild guess how tuned in they are.

Dex has a new favorite as of 22:33 on Aug 31, 2016

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Dex posted:

edit: the only people i've heard saying ireland are happy with the arrangement here are politicians. the same shower of pricks who pull stunts like installing anti-homeless spikes outside of welfare offices while the country is going through a homeless crisis. take a wild guess how tuned in they are.

No doubt that if it is confirmed that the agreement was wrong, people (voters) are going to start asking awkward questions such as 'why did you make this deal with Apple?' and 'why do all your family have new iPads?'

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I can't help but dread as to how the 13 billion will be divided up, given that an autism charity here spent 100K, half of what it made in a year, on the salary of one executive.

Now can someone please cheer me up and post a gif of an idiot grasping an electric fence.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Bird in a Blender posted:

I'm sure the initial thought was the theater would just pay them and not take it to court.

Which is literally what the theater was going to do until one stubborn idiot scuttled the deal for everybody.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

18 Character Limit posted:

I'm sure they'll find a way to properly and legally dispose of the $45 million in cocaine. Probably handing all $40 million of it over to the authorities.

35 million in cocaine? How will the government dispose of 30 million in cocaine?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Hahaha you would never see me again " What happened to that guy that was working here and signed in this shipment?" " I don't know last time I saw him he was shirtless and running out of the factory with a dufflebag cackling madly".

There desperately needs to be a film made about this.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

There desperately needs to be a film made about this.

Pretty sure that was season 5 of Archer. Wasn't that great.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FCKGW posted:

Imagine being this guy ^^

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

The Supreme Court rejected my state's rear end in a top hat governor's request to reinstate our restrictive, racist voting laws:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/supreme-court-rejects-nc-gov-mccrorys-bid-to-reinstate-voter-id-law-for-november-election/

I am dancing with glee at the prospect of this dickfaced jerk and his cronies getting voted out in November.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Maybe he only just noticed the big yellow BEAR LEFT signs?

There wolf.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

The Supreme Court rejected my state's rear end in a top hat governor's request to reinstate our restrictive, racist voting laws:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/supreme-court-rejects-nc-gov-mccrorys-bid-to-reinstate-voter-id-law-for-november-election/

I am dancing with glee at the prospect of this dickfaced jerk and his cronies getting voted out in November.

And to think, if Scalia were still alive, hundreds of thousands of legal voters (and with this precedent maybe millions) would have lost their right to vote.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

Apple paid exactly the taxes Ireland asked for. EU is saying no, you need to pay more now because we said so. That's not fair. Maybe Ireland should be getting punished here if they're not "playing fair" or whatever bs that means.

The EU has a hard-on for Apple and Google and loves to slap them with nonsense fines and penalties for bullshit offenses that don't mean poo poo. Like browser cookies, for Christsakes.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

FCKGW posted:

Apple paid exactly the taxes Ireland asked for. EU is saying no, you need to pay more now because we said so. That's not fair. Maybe Ireland should be getting punished here if they're not "playing fair" or whatever bs that means.

The EU has a hard-on for Apple and Google and loves to slap them with nonsense fines and penalties for bullshit offenses that don't mean poo poo. Like browser cookies, for Christsakes.

The argument is that Ireland, as a EU member nation, did not have the authority to negotiate a tax rate for Apple lower than what the EU dictated. Whether you agree with those politics or not, this is pretty clear-cut.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

I'm not saying you're wrong in general, but free trade within the Eurozone is kind of a big deal and handing out fat subsidies violates that principle. I'm not an expert on EU law but it's very plausible that Ireland could have violated their trade agreements with this deal.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

W-w-won't someone think of the poor, poor multinational corporations being told they have to pretend to play by our rules a bit more than before? :qq:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

FCKGW posted:

No one forced Ireland to join the EU, and they can leave if they want. But they did and now the only bs is they think they can skirt their agreements and get a one-up on the other EU countries.

It's been going on for years and only was stopped recently, it even has it own economic name: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Irish_arrangement

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

BiggerBoat posted:

There wolf.

Too soon.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

FCKGW posted:

bono pays the taxes he's asked for and he's still a tax dodger. the fact that our tax laws are a total joke and apple based themselves here because of it isn't really a hill to die on, man

i mean, you do realise apple are worth more than the whole country, right?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I can't help but dread as to how the 13 billion will be divided up, given that an autism charity here spent 100K, half of what it made in a year, on the salary of one executive.

Now can someone please cheer me up and post a gif of an idiot grasping an electric fence.

http://i.imgur.com/1iCdRSr.webm

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Slugnoid posted:

Yeah man, cars are totally mysterious and unpredictable. That's why NASCAR drivers can race side by side in a corner at nearly 200 miles an hour. That's why formula one drivers can take hairpins a insane speeds. That's why WRC drivers can do 80mph sideways through the woods while hitting jumps. That's why NHRA dragsters can hit like 300mph in a quarter mile. Cars: totally and completely incomprehensible mysteries. That accident was totally and completely avoidable, and 100% caused by that driver making terrible decisions followed by not knowing how to actually handle his vehicle in an emergency.

The schadenfruede is that so many people drive a car every loving day without having any loving idea what to do in an emergency, while constantly patting themselves on the back for being ~good drivers~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Thank you for expressing this far better than I could have. I was just going to call the previous poster a loving moron about eighty times.