Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Sassuolo have been forced to vacate this weekend's win over Pescara, they played an ineligible player. It will be recorded as a 3-0 win for Pescara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Sassuolo have been forced to vacate this weekend's win over Pescara, they played an ineligible player. It will be recorded as a 3-0 win for Pescara.

I thought this was a joke when I read about it on Twitter, that's crazy. Apparently Antonio Ragusa's documents were never received by the league, though Sassuolo maintains that they were sent. They'll be appealing the decision.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Looking at a lazio kit #7 'pepino'. Who is that please advise so I can decide if I should buy it for 3 bucks

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Indesit is the sponsor no idea how old this is

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I don't know who that is but pepino means cucumber in Spanish, you should buy it

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Peppino or Pepino is a nickname for a Giuseppe in Italian.
Lazio only had that kit sponsor for one year, 2003-2004
#7 at that time was Claudio Lopez, who apparently went on to play in MLS before I started following the league, ha

I'm betting that it's someone's customized kit aka the TOP CHANTER 45 of Lazio.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Peppino or Pepino is a nickname for a Giuseppe in Italian.
Lazio only had that kit sponsor for one year, 2003-2004
#7 at that time was Claudio Lopez, who apparently went on to play in MLS before I started following the league, ha

I'm betting that it's someone's customized kit aka the TOP CHANTER 45 of Lazio.

I found this out afterwards.... I did end up buying the kit because it looked cool. I'm almost certain its a knockoff now that I have it home. It's this kit

but mine has a a fleur de lis pattern all over it and is missing the Puma stuff. I guess I bought a personalized knockoff that belonged to a Claudio Lopez fan named Giuseppe.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 31, 2016

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Seltzer posted:

I guess I bought a personalized knockoff that belonged to a Claudio Lopez fan named Giuseppe.

I love this sentence.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Joe Hart to Torino is a done deal btw. Do we have any granata brothers here?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Bologna is trying to sign Cerci and Gabriel at the last minute, with both looking likely. I think Milan probably doens't have much faith in Gabriel because it's just Gigio and Diego Lopez now, with the youth team keeper maybe being the third.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/770976706769330177

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
he would be charged with sexual assault in England.

Broken Britain

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Aquilani is going to Pescara.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Here's a last day of mercato story for you all - Maksimovic is due his medicals by the end of today in Napoli (11pm CEST so another 4 hours or so) but he's stuck in Frankfurt as the airport is on lockdown due to a presumed terrorist threat.

I can just imagine DeLa's reaction.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 31, 2016

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

canepazzo posted:

Here's a last day of mercato story for you all - Maksimovic is due his medicals by the end of today in Napoli (11pm CEST so another 4 hours or so) but he's stuck in Frankfurt as the airport is on lockdown due to a presumed terrorist threat.

Curious, would the league make an exception for something like this?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Curious, would the league make an exception for something like this?

Almost certainly if the right people are bribed all the bullshit papers are filed

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Simone Poodoin posted:

Aquilani is going to Pescara.

What a shame

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011
Balotelli to Nice, and Hart to Torino has a challenger for most random transfer of the window.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

GreatestLurker posted:

Balotelli to Nice, and Hart to Torino has a challenger for most random transfer of the window.

What about Wheelchair to Bournemouth?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Mati Fernandez from Fiorentina to Milan, loan with option to buy.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Mati Fernandez from Fiorentina to Milan, loan with option to buy.

:effort:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

But wait, there's more!

Apparently he had a deal to be penned with Cagliari, but at the last moment, through the intervention of another agent, Milan stole him; supposedly Cagliari is going to sue, since Milan used a disbarred intermediary or something. It's all pretty murky atm.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

But wait, there's more!

Apparently he had a deal to be penned with Cagliari, but at the last moment, through the intervention of another agent, Milan stole him; supposedly Cagliari is going to sue, since Milan used a disbarred intermediary or something. It's all pretty murky atm.

Fantastic, I was wondering how Milan would be able to piss away millions on only a 1 million Euro player. Good news, all is well.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

A different kind of news:

"Chievo was on Osvaldo, but he decided to quit football and go play in a band"

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

canepazzo posted:

Holy loving lol.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I heard it's a Motley Crue cover band

smokin' in the boys room

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Holy poo poo guys, Witzel did make it after all!

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Bologna is trying to sign Cerci and Gabriel at the last minute, with both looking likely. I think Milan probably doens't have much faith in Gabriel because it's just Gigio and Diego Lopez now, with the youth team keeper maybe being the third.

Diego Lopez ended up going to Espanyol at the deadline

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

canepazzo posted:

lol

https://twitter.com/MomoliLuca/status/771127940679667712

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

Fantastic, I was wondering how Milan would be able to piss away millions on only a 1 million Euro player. Good news, all is well.

As a huge Mati fan let me explain that if you hurt him, I will hurt you.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Diego Lopez ended up going to Espanyol at the deadline

Ah good, good, no backup keeper :thumbsup:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Honestly, it felt like not a single team (maybe Inter?) actually strengthened this transfer break. Sans Juve, naturally, but still.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

canepazzo posted:

Napoli ended up signing him without having a medical. I mean, he's probably healthy, right?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Poor Milan, that mercato was an absolute dumpster fire. Did absolutely nothing to address any of the weaknesses in the squad, and only spent any real money on a striker they don't need (shocking, right?). I get that the ownership situation is complicated, but it was still pretty sad.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Sandwolf posted:

Honestly, it felt like not a single team (maybe Inter?) actually strengthened this transfer break. Sans Juve, naturally, but still.

I actually think Fiorentina did.

First of all we got rid of a lot of wages. Gone-mez and Rossi were like 6m a year combined between them. Getting anything for Gomez was great.

Marcos Alonso went to play with Conte and Cuadrado in Chelsea for 27m. Considering we got him for free, thats awesome.

We sold a lot but also bought a lot. A lot of people we needed as depth signings. They may not all be first team players but we needed good players to rotate.

With Sousa getting some help and Corvino doing his thing, I think we are stronger than we were last season.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Soulex posted:

Marcos Alonso went to play with Conte and Cuadrado in Chelsea for 27m. Considering we got him for free, thats awesome.

Cool dude Johnny Square is back to Juve

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
I know it's not Serie A but: Balotelli to Nice on a free. Long time thread members who read my pointless and sporadic posts know I'm a massive Balotelli fanboy and apologist so I'm very excited to see him back in a team that he could be the center of.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

grvm posted:

I know it's not Serie A but: Balotelli to Nice on a free. Long time thread members who read my pointless and sporadic posts know I'm a massive Balotelli fanboy and apologist so I'm very excited to see him back in a team that he could be the center of.

Same, I hope he does well.

trem_two posted:

Poor Milan, that mercato was an absolute dumpster fire. Did absolutely nothing to address any of the weaknesses in the squad, and only spent any real money on a striker they don't need (shocking, right?). I get that the ownership situation is complicated, but it was still pretty sad.

Honestly this idiotic automatic 4 place champions league thing gave Galliani and whoever is in charge now free reign to do absolutely jack poo poo this window. This entire season will be piss, Montella, who could end up being a great manager, will be canned by the end of the season. If Milan don't get relegated, this entire season will have been a success because there is absolutely 0 drive to do anything but exist until league places start to matter again, and lets hope the Chinese owners who I'm still not sure exist actually want to win and don't want to treat this club as a dumping ground for tax breaks (which they do).

We've gone two games in to the season and I've already given up. Also Vicenza just signed Zaccardo. It's like the universe is trying to get me to stop watching football all together.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Soulex posted:

I actually think Fiorentina did.

First of all we got rid of a lot of wages. Gone-mez and Rossi were like 6m a year combined between them. Getting anything for Gomez was great.

We sold a lot but also bought a lot. A lot of people we needed as depth signings. They may not all be first team players but we needed good players to rotate.

With Sousa getting some help and Corvino doing his thing, I think we are stronger than we were last season.

What he said - we're not playing with fullbacks anymore and we bought a ton of wingbacks (Tello, Toledo, Milic, Olivera, plus had Bernardeschi already); the Alonso sale was in hindsight very likely. We have a much deeper bench, kept all of our best players (except Alonso but again, he was the one we could most afford to lose) and tons of youngsters to bet on. I think we start at the same points as last few years, 4th/5th with a view on 3rd if a couple of teams choke. The only 2 squads that I truly see as superior to us in every way are Juventus, and Juventus's bench.

Also, looks like we were minus 28 million on the FFP for last 3 years, and minus 47 for the last 2; we *needed* a plus of at least 15-20 millions this year to avoid going under scrutiny next year.

This is what is happening to Inter this year, they're overspending (minus 100 or so?) but a) new property means that limits are a bit more lenient and b) they are not able to field most/all of their new signings in the UEL (possibly just Candreva?). Next year they probably need some big sales or the UCL qualification tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
ADL, on why he bought some defenders without selling Koulibaly

quote:

“Koulibaly? Chelsea came in and offered €50m, but he’s going away for the African Cup of Nations, which pollutes the national Leagues and is another load of FIFA nonsense."

:allears:

• Locked thread