Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, he's not Chris Christie.

Its less a criticism of his weight and more a criticism of his style. He's a billionaire with a private jet and I'm sure some tailors readily available. Why hasn't he bought a slightly larger blazer when he clearly put on weight during the campaign? The only real explanations are he's either too vain to accept that he's put on weight or he simply doesn't care about his appearance.

You know, I'm against him because he's a moron and a racist and fascist but now he's not even doing the bare minimum of dressing himself properly.

Yeah I mean it's not that he's big so much as he's got something normally associated with heavy drinking not poor diet. For a dude who doesn't drink it was weird to note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

DeepDickPizza posted:

Peña Nieto standing there not challenging Trump at all probably did a lot to make him look Presidential. I got a sort of gross feeling watching it because it looked super legitimate.

I, too, sometimes drowse off during meetings with foreign presidents.

Donald shouldn't be in charge of a community swimming pool, much less a country.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
National GE poll - Ipsos/Reuters
8/25 - 8/29 - 1,404 LV
this is a weekly tracking poll

Clinton 40 (-2)
Trump 39 (+4)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Oiled and Ready posted:

That moniker is as tired and as cringeworthy as HITLERY KLANTON by now dude

I'm sorry; he's a short-fingered vulgarian.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

nice n

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Instead of "this is a tracking poll" you could say something like "this isnt a real poll"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
donald trump isnt fat

he's positively corpulent~

thats the best way to describe his appearance

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

paranoid randroid posted:

but does he drink water

you mean trump ice?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Al! posted:

Instead of "this is a tracking poll" you could say something like "this isnt a real poll"

tracking poll
cheese food

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Slate Action posted:

National GE poll - Ipsos/Reuters
8/25 - 8/29 - 1,404 LV
this is a weekly tracking poll

Clinton 40 (-2)
Trump 39 (+4)
I hope I die before Trump takes office.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

zoux posted:

nice n

ñice

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Al! posted:

Dear lord What happened today

Nieto got BTFO by a half asleep Trump.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
No seriously, what the hell was Nieto doing on this one?

I'm still baffled.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

petit choux posted:

I, too, sometimes drowse off during meetings with foreign presidents.

Donald shouldn't be in charge of a community swimming pool, much less a country.

idk, fat floats

he would double as a life preserver

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Montasque posted:

I'm still baffled.

$$$

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Al! posted:

All the aggregators include it and 538 gives Ipsos an A- :shrug:

I don't consider the tracking polls "high quality" but I don't ignore them either.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
notable that even after the best week hes had post-convention, trump still cannot crack 40%

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

<auditorium full of wisconsin schoolchildren, chanting in unison> ¡lleva el sombrero, boosted! ¡boosted lleva el sombrero! [repeats in a singsong rhythm]

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Montasque posted:

I'm still baffled.

He's pretty baffled too. Because he is a dumb politician.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx

Eonwe posted:

this election makes me feel a bit ashamed, like, people will see im white and think im voting for trump

gives me the heebie jeebies

also it makes me sad

Come to Iowa. We're all white and its a purple state, so we glare suspiciously at one another at the polls wondering if our neighbor is with my candidate or the other guy.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
this is not the mark of a winning candidate

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slate Action posted:

I don't consider the tracking polls "high quality" but I don't ignore them either.

Are they the same firm that does the Reuters state trackers

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squizzle posted:

<Black guy bleeding out after cops shot him> "señor niento was vaguely cordial to him? then i say MAKE THE USA MAGA AGAIN, DONNY BOY!!!!"

None of these hypotheticals are wrong, but they're also not what trump's respectability day camp has been about. It's about upping white conservative turnout to avoid flipping the senate, and possibly even (given Clinton gently caress-ups) capitalize on depressed Dem turnout for a moonshot at the presidency. Vile is right (for the wrong reasons) that trump's core supporters are cowardly fascists who will vote for a strongman that assuages all of their many numerous fears.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Squizzle posted:

<auditorium full of wisconsin schoolchildren, chanting in unison> ¡lleva el sombrero, boosted! ¡boosted lleva el sombrero! [repeats in a singsong rhythm]

lol

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

paranoid randroid posted:

donald trump looks like a guy who is 70 years old and has the palate of someone an order of magnitude younger

Trump is stuck at the age of 6 and because he is a massive petulant babby no one can suggest to him that he might want to alter his diet or introduce him to new food. His entire life revolves around not trying anything new or developing his taste/life/experiences/skills/relationships.

I knew someone who was also massively insecure and had ADHD. One of his proudest assertions was that now he was an adult he could eat coco pops everyday. Because he liked coco pops and his mother couldn't suggest alternatives now he was living alone. He was 31.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

No idea. They seem to release two different national polls each week, but only one gets "counted" by the aggregators.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:laffo:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slate Action posted:

No idea. They seem to release two different national polls each week, but only one gets "counted" by the aggregators.

Well the Reuters state trackers are a joke.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TheFix/status/771096362616254465

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/771099093934407685

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Slate Action posted:

which one is the one that started assuming the highest white turnout and lowest minority turnout in the past few cycles?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

Dear lord What happened today

ur mom

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

<chelsea clinton> "well im convinced"

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

uh this was drawn in 1958, before the parties flipped, meaning he's a current day Democrat, the real sexists.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Slate Action posted:

Lmao if Nate isn't going to revisit their scoring after they changed their methodology up entirely mid-race without telling anybody and it took weeks to get their new assumptions out of them, only for it to turn out that they're assuming a Zogby-style electorate where white people have their highest turnout ever and minorities their lowest

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

i dont remember ever seeing this its a movie directed by bannon with the duck dynasty guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVDOK4PynZc

anybody want to watch it and give a trip report?

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Tesseraction posted:

Yeah I mean it's not that he's big so much as he's got something normally associated with heavy drinking not poor diet. For a dude who doesn't drink it was weird to note.

I don't think overdrinking vs overeating is going to give you a different fat distribution, that's pretty much all genetics. Some guys seem to gain all of their weight in their gut, that's why you can have some guy who brags "I still wear size 32 pants" with a huge gut hanging over them.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

zoux posted:

They're the ones who are assuming record low minority turnout and record high white turnout, if I recall.

david mammoth
Oct 15, 2012
EPN is the kind of dullard who might genuinely think Trump is a cool business genius or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Night10194 posted:

They're the ones who are assuming record low minority turnout and record high white turnout, if I recall.

Funnily enough, that's what everybody who wants retweets is switching to because C+9 everywhere is old news

If the stories coming out of this election end up being "the polls unskewed themselves this time" I'll have a hearty chuckle

• Locked thread