Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Star Fox Zero owns, gently caress off with this

I normally agree with your posts and enthusiasm and I wanted to like it but boy does it just never feel fun. :smith:

On that note: I couldn't care less about the story of the game but I know that bothered some people. I'm curious to know what, if anything , people who liked it thought of the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

a.lo posted:

August has come and gone and we have yet to hear anything about the NX. We already know that about the N. Mircrosoft; we already know about the Playstation Neo and the Playstation 4 slim --all confirmed for this year -- but we don’t even know about the NX coming out in March of next year. Ever since mentioned 17 months ago by the late Iwata there have just been speculation and fan service on what the NX actually is. Fast forward to the year late 2016 we still do not have definitive news what the system (or systems) is. I am beginning to think Nintendo believes that “Less is More” and that people will get more excited over a product if you never mention it. I however am getting quite annoyed by Nintendo and that method of selling. It would be nice once in a while that Nintendo release some information regarding their own system -- NX. It’s werid that we need to have a Dragon Quest game or some Sonic game to be reminded of the actual system when Nintendo themselves for some odd reason completely ignore it. The only games that are mentioned for NX is a Sonic game, some DQ game, Zelda, and maybe Final Fantasy. Nintendo themselves never confirmed it besides Zelda but in my opinion just further the frustration.

So far this year we have seen countless disappointments from Nintendo. A underwhelming Starfox, a Metroid more hated than Other M, a Paper Mario that will probably poo poo more on the series. Are we expected to dissovle these past mistakes from Nintendo for some “refreshing, epic” news regarding the NX? I can’t cheer for a company if that company doesn’t acknowledge that I am here and that I am alive, and waitng.

Nintendo is nintendoomed

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Phantasium posted:

The NX will include Kinect like voice commands.

"Letsa go!" turns on the system, "Itsa me!" logs you in to the Nintendo network, and "I'm da winner!" brings up your new Nintendo Awards list so you can count your sick gamerscore.

What happens if I say "OH YEAH, WARIO TIME"

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Earnestly posted:

Nintendo is nintendoomed

i vote this as the new thread title

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

BillmasterCozb posted:

i vote this as the new thread title

Nintendo ExtiNXion

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

What happens if I say "OH YEAH, WARIO TIME"

You login in to player 3, where the themes are upside down and you can steal other player's cheevos.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The core concepts of Star Fox Zero are good, but there's not enough mission variety, not enough missions, CV period, too much all range and not enough on rails sections, and all too often the forced switching of vehicles send arbitrary rather than organic.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
I hope we get a new wario land. I really liked shake it or whatever the Wii one was called

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

if nintendo doesnt cater to me, a sentient cumstain that lives on internet message boards to talk poo poo about video games, by immediately telling me their under-wraps plan so i can poo poo all over it and make 1000 posts about how nintendo is doomed and why dont they just put pokemon on the iphone already, then nintendo is doomed and they should just put pokemon on the iphone already

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i feel like there's a line between "game companies not catering to us, the consumer" and "companies forgot why people like their games", but anything related to nintendo is sure to be on the former side.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Star Fox Zero owns, gently caress off with this

It's bad, actually

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Soul Glo posted:

It's bad, actually

Nah

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Natron posted:

This leak is confirmed by my sources. Also, the NX moniker isn't actually the name, but the suffix for the device. "Nintendonx" is the name of Nintendo's revolutionary new device, pronounced "nin-ten-donks".

I had an artist(me) collaborate with this VERIFIED source to create a rendering of the new system. This is *exactly* how it will look, minus a few differences in colour schemes, obviously.

Edit: Correct Quote

that tweet was originally mine and I have to say this is the most beautiful thing I've ever inspired someone to create

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Nintendo is nintendoomed just kidding haha

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Trent posted:

Nintendo is nintendoomed just kidding haha

same but opposite

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

BillmasterCozb posted:

i feel like there's a line between "game companies not catering to us, the consumer" and "companies forgot why people like their games", but anything related to nintendo is sure to be on the former side.

I'm glad sentiment against open-world gaming hadn't gotten so widespread at this past E3 that Breath of the Wild would have gotten criticized for being more of the same.

I mean there were some people saying that but it was a minority that was getting pretty much drowned out the entire time.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Soul Glo posted:

It's bad, actually

It's got some problems but mostly it's aight

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

The Chairman posted:

that tweet was originally mine and I have to say this is the most beautiful thing I've ever inspired someone to create

I was super bored this morning and your drawing tickled my funny bone.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

WHY THE LONG FACE

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cool boombox, brother.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm the 6 key that also makes & + a tiny gun

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

arbybaconator posted:

WHY THE LONG FACE

poo poo son, you need to upload your unboxing video

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Is Nintendo's long term console plan "make it impossible to emulate the console experience down the line?"

I'm so curious about the NX but seriously doubt I'll get one, at least not for a while after launch.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

greatn posted:

No one would buy Pokemon Red and blue for $30 on iPhone. No one would buy ANYTHING for $30 on iPhone.

My bad I was thinking CDN. So 24.99. The final fantasy games are 22.99 here, Pokemon has way more IP recognition, mainstream appeal, and the games are newer. They would make bazillions. I stand by that number firmly.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

sout posted:

Is Nintendo's long term console plan "make it impossible to emulate the console experience down the line?"

Remember how they kept karts even though cds were better? Remember the expansion pack? Remember the tiny disklets? Remember the Wii's ultrascratchy disks?

This was always their plan. So, no, they're not going to copy Steam's business model, do it on a console, and then eventually merge with Steam to make NintendoVR, ushering in Half Life 3 to great applause.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I get the feeling that they'll mention something about the NX announcement at the end of tomorrow's Direct, like "Mark your calendars because we have another direct (event?) coming, on September # we will unveil the NX!" or maybe just a vague "later this/next month we will have a Nintendo Direct all about the NX"

If not then i'd start worrying that they won't reveal it this month and maybe it won't be out in March, or alternatively it will and they'll just do it as a normal direct and announce the announcement a day before.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

sout should have posted:

I'm so curious about the NX and I'll get one immediately. I want it yesterday, even with no games.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I get the feeling that they'll mention something about the NX announcement at the end of tomorrow's Direct, like "Mark your calendars because we have another direct (event?) coming, on September # we will unveil the NX!" or maybe just a vague "later this/next month we will have a Nintendo Direct all about the NX"

If they do, the wording they use will be akin to "Tune in on ______ for a special Direct focused on the future of Nintendo" or something

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Ometeotl posted:

If they do, the wording they use will be akin to "Tune in on ______ for a special Direct focused on the future of Nintendo" or something

You heard us right, Nintendo will be finally be re-releasing Gunpei Yokoi's famous Ultra Hand!

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
Will I be able to see this device at PAX

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Orange Harrison posted:

Will I be able to see this device at PAX

The NX is actually an incorporeal, experiential transcendence, and as such it is invisible. So, no.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i am the nintendo nx

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
For real I would play a mature Mario game.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jumpingmanjim posted:

What would that even look like?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Mario has a gun, Mushrooms are magic, Mario must avenge the death of his wife Peach, bullet time.

Basically Max Payne.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Mario has a gun, Mushrooms are magic, Mario must avenge the death of his wife Peach, bullet time.

Basically Max Payne.

Hm
Sounds boring.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Mario Brother Super Show the game. Solve plumbing problems for celebrities and sometimes make pasta.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpingmanjim posted:

good news, the Mario Galaxy series matures platforming design to its tallest peak

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Mario Brother Super Show the game. Solve plumbing problems for celebrities and sometimes make pasta.

Ok. I would definitely play that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
NX is a Gundam. It having detachable controllers must mean it's model after the ZZ.

Gundam NX.

• Locked thread