Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

coconono posted:

Yeah he only got served termination notice on his wedding day, got hosed with on merch payouts, and has a defamation lawsuit going against him by WWE's medical staff. What's to keep Punk from returning to WWE?

They've done worse to people and they've come back, like Warrior.

Never say never. Punk always wanted to headline Wrestlemania, so I wouldn't rule out him coming back for that sometime down the road if WWE offered it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Codependent Poster posted:

Never say never. Punk always wanted to headline Wrestlemania, so I wouldn't rule out him coming back for that sometime down the road if WWE offered it.

Warrior was insane. He came back to die on Vince's watch as a final gently caress you.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

He won't be able to go back to the WWE after this because CM Punk is going to
be killed by Mickey "feed me" Gal on September 10th.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Remember that even Bret Hart came back, and Vince let him and the rest of the Harts [pretend to] beat him up on live PPV. Vince will work with anyone (except Savage) if he sees a dollar in it.

Hell, Brock Lesnar was basically given a golden ticket in WWE, took a giant poo poo on it, went to try and be a footballer, failed at being a footballer, went to UFC, got turned over by Overeem and Cain - and then immediately got a new WWE contract that basically gave him the right to show up whenever, bleed on non-blood shows, and fail piss tests without sanction.

If Punk actually wanted to go back, they'd make something work.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Punk has way too much pride to come back to the WWE as a wrestler, and he also seems kinda over the whole "wrestling" thing, really. I wouldn't be surprised if 10, 15 years down the line he popped up for a quick paycheck as a Legend, but I don't think he'll ever work in-ring for them again. There's a reason he decided to get embarrassed live in front of hundreds of thousands instead of working the indie circuit for some drat good money. Maybe one day when his savings run dry he'll come back to wrestling, but nothing really points towards it right now.

Also I watched the series and the recent-ish sparring session he had and welp I'll miss the CM Punk, another tragic wrestling death. Dude's gonna eat it and I think he realizes it too, but again, too much pride to quit now.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Part of the reason why Warrior and Bruno came back is that while they hated Vince they were willing to talk to Hunter. Punk otoh could work with Vince at times but never trusted or got along well with Triple H

Thauros fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 31, 2016

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

threeagainstfour posted:

He won't be able to go back to the WWE after this because CM Punk is going to
be killed by Mickey "feed me" Gal on September 10th.

9/11 will be a happy day for America.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Endorph posted:

gonna make a bold prediction: he loses, goes begging vince for one more mania payday, then fucks off to chicago for the rest of his life

"What do my knuckles say?!"

"SORR YVKM"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Thauros posted:

Part of the reason why Warrior and Bruno came back is that while they hated Vince they were willing to talk to Hunter. Punk otoh could work with Vince at times but never trusted or got along well with Triple H

Be that as it may, all it takes is for Punk to miss it and feel like he could come back, WWE knowing there would be money in it, and a mediator of some sort to bring the sides together.

Not saying it would happen any time soon, but a lot can change in a few years. Even if it's 10 years or something, eventually Punk and WWE will make up so they can put him in their hall of fame and in video games and Punk will get an easy paycheck from that.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Remember that even Bret Hart came back, and Vince let him and the rest of the Harts [pretend to] beat him up on live PPV. Vince will work with anyone (except Savage) if he sees a dollar in it.

Hell, Brock Lesnar was basically given a golden ticket in WWE, took a giant poo poo on it, went to try and be a footballer, failed at being a footballer, went to UFC, got turned over by Overeem and Cain - and then immediately got a new WWE contract that basically gave him the right to show up whenever, bleed on non-blood shows, and fail piss tests without sanction.

If Punk actually wanted to go back, they'd make something work.

Bret came back almost entirely to control his legacy, i.e. disincentivize Vince lying about him in the media they push out.

Brock's UFC fighting made him a major get--the general public doesn't care that the heavyweight division has historically been a joke--and they complied with his general disinterest in doing lovely WWE schedules. The wellness program is a real bad joke for about 11 months out of every year.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Thauros posted:

And HHH is probably really bitter at Punk for walking out when their plan was for him to beat HHH at Wrestlemania which in HHH's eyes is like a main event match at WM.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
CM Punk will return to WWE when they finally cave and allow him an hour at Wrestlemania to pass a joint around the crowd so people know what drugs look like and how to say no to them.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Bryan will wrestle in a WWE ring again before Punk does

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

And HHH is probably really bitter at Punk for walking out when their plan was for him to beat HHH at Wrestlemania which in HHH's eyes is like a main event match at WM.

i always feel it was very understated how punk walking out saved us from another 24 minute Epic Triple H Wrestlemania Match so we should all bow down and praise him

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Aye Doc posted:

i always feel it was very understated how punk walking out saved us from another 24 minute Epic Triple H Wrestlemania Match so we should all bow down and praise him

What no he just had another match with a different person

CM Punk didnt save us from a Triple H match it just gave us a different one

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

coconono posted:

There's a lot of moving parts that need to be aligned before Punk and WWE become a thing again.

mainly: HHH's hatred of Punk needs to be less than his desire to be the all time internet fan hero

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

On the other hand it meant Punk vs Undertaker which was really, really, really drat cool

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Cm punk was cool until he started shooting on everyone in the wwe now he gonna take a mean L

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The Bryan/HHH match was very good so whatevs.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

On the other hand it meant Punk vs Undertaker which was really, really, really drat cool

Punk walking out didn't mean Punk vs. Undertaker, it meant Bryan vs. HHH (and Gall vs. Punk, maybe). Punk/Undertaker was the year before.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yeah punk left at royal rumble, before wrestlemania, forcing the wwe to actually book the "DANIEL BRYAN WINS" show.

...which would eventually lead to bryan being a zombie. PUNK KILLED BRYAN.

punk's match with taker the year before was in fact amazing rip best in the world died getting punched once by a guy who's age is the same number as the amount of concussions punk has had

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
DBD can't do MMA of course, but I'd like to see him in BJJ tournaments. What's he doing? Farming seitan or something?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Daniel Bryan is currently ruining the dreams of a struggling father.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Daniel Bryan is currently ruining the dreams of a struggling father.

Okay may I have a link to the thread to discuss Daniel Bryan

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

cams posted:

yeah punk left at royal rumble, before wrestlemania, forcing the wwe to actually book the "DANIEL BRYAN WINS" show.

...which would eventually lead to bryan being a zombie. PUNK KILLED BRYAN.

punk's match with taker the year before was in fact amazing rip best in the world died getting punched once by a guy who's age is the same number as the amount of concussions punk has had

it then spiraled into everyone eventually hating roman reigns because the company thought he would be better as a long term investment then the dude with a history of concussions and seizures that the fans loved

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Herr Tog posted:

Okay may I have a link to the thread to discuss Daniel Bryan

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788423&pagenumber=25#lastpost

Poor guy needs his job so he can afford the above ground pool he bought for his 18 kids :(

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
CM Punk says he "isn't trying to talk anyone into the building" for his fight with Gall, which I'm sure is thrilling news to UFC who signed him to do specifically that

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Alain Post posted:

CM Punk says he "isn't trying to talk anyone into the building" for his fight with Gall, which I'm sure is thrilling news to UFC who signed him to do specifically that

in fairness to punk, the only reason i invited a few close mates to watch me fight for the first time was so that i didn't wuss out and go scurrying out the back door. i'm trying to imagine what it must be like to have to invite a big bunch of children and often literally retarded adults who all think i'm just the loving best to come and see me get my rear end loving kicked. no matter how much you get paid, that's got to loving suck.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Marching Powder posted:

in fairness to punk, the only reason i invited a few close mates to watch me fight for the first time was so that i didn't wuss out and go scurrying out the back door. i'm trying to imagine what it must be like to have to invite a big bunch of children and often literally retarded adults who all think i'm just the loving best to come and see me get my rear end loving kicked. no matter how much you get paid, that's got to loving suck.
punk has specifically said on a few occasions that he does not want his first fight to be in chicago because he is most likely gonna get wrecked and would rather not do it in front of a home town crowd

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Halloween Jack posted:

DBD can't do MMA of course, but I'd like to see him in BJJ tournaments. What's he doing? Farming seitan or something?

I'm curious how he would do at Masters Worlds as a blue belt, because he's undoubtedly in better shape than most of the guys at blue belt who go there to kind of compete but mostly to party with people from their gym.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Noted pro wrestling Twitterer now has sources in Roufus Sport. Sure.

Why is this at all surprising? Mike Coughlin used all his willpower not to spill the beans of Faber's strategy after he trained with them, it's not an airtight camp.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a guy who wrestled for 15 years has bad knees? that's a scoop.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Punk has supposedly ended his friendship with Colt Cabana, his best friend of almost two decades, because he went backstage at Raw. Punk is a bitter man who holds grudges, so is Vince. I think neither would be willing to make the first move for any sort of rapprochement.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

Punk has supposedly ended his friendship with Colt Cabana, his best friend of almost two decades, because he went backstage at Raw. Punk is a bitter man who holds grudges, so is Vince. I think neither would be willing to make the first move for any sort of rapprochement.

Maybe they could find some common ground over their mutual fondness for bitter grudges?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/FrontRowBrian/status/771450210727759872
https://twitter.com/FrontRowBrian/status/771451739287330816

Dang that sucks

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
He's done that to everyone of his Wrestling friends pretty much. Not sure about Kofi Kingston, Cliff Compton and Chris Hero but there's dozens.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

After two years of training would Punk be Dan Quinn or the guy getting destroying by Dan Quinn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5BBSaPgoFU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

RZApublican posted:

After two years of training would Punk be Dan Quinn or the guy getting destroying by Dan Quinn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5BBSaPgoFU

Can Punk throw hands like Dan? I'm fairly fuckin' certain he can't.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

What a loving loser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Who actually cares about that in this, the "We're going to watch a famous man be pulverised and enjoy it" thread?

• Locked thread