Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
CNN is doing their nightly "gently caress BANNON" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

/pol/ has hit peak denial and cognitive dissonance because of this revelation that noted honest guy Donald Trump might have lied

Read Art of the Deal:

Donald Trump is an amazing wild west gunslinger because he's smart. Yes, he and his opponent agreed to draw on 3, but Trump being so intelligent realized that that was a raw deal. So he renegotiated the terms of the deal and fired after "one."

Trump does creative and unorthodox things because it works.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Montasque posted:

If he can sell the shift to the center to Republicans who hate him(Women, minorities, educated)

Then he's got a shot!(kinda)

he does have a shot at romney margins, if he tries reaaally hard

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Three Olives posted:

All Trump had to do is say something like "Yes, we did discuss the wall payment but this is a new relationship and there is really nothing else I can say at this time.", he doesn't have to say "The President told me to gently caress off, Mexico is not paying for the wall", he just it was discussed and leave it at that.

Instead he lies and forces the president of Mexico to call him a liar , then his campaign has no idea what to do because everyone knows Trump is lying because he lies constantly so now we have news headlines.

Why is Trump so, so, so bad a lying.

because trump is a narsassits and needs to feel like he is always the good guy/ taking the high road. this is kinda hard when your entire campaign is basically xenophobic fear mongering.

so i heard about the meeting. what were the details? anything else happen.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Good thing Trump's opinion on immigration is totally divorced from the waloh wait

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Slate Action posted:

"Who lied about discussing the wall" will get knocked out by The Immigration Speech tonight anyway.

It wont because trump is going to be constantly calling out to it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

zoux posted:

Provided he doesn't take a shot at ENP or say anything at all about talking about the Wall, or Mexico paying for the wall, or about what they talked about at the meeting or indeed says the words "Mexico" in his speech

well that shouldn't be too hard, what policy is this speech on again?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so i heard about the meeting. what were the details? anything else happen.

They showed up very late and gave very generic speeches, except Trump decided to lie the second he got off prompter, which resulted in the president of Mexico calling him out on it via social media.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

/pol/ has hit peak denial and cognitive dissonance because of this revelation that noted honest guy Donald Trump might have lied

"smartly" lol

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'
choke artist like a dog!!!

what a day

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Donald Trump is the goodest because he uses smart words superly

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Montasque posted:

CNN is doing their nightly "gently caress BANNON" thing.

yeah pretty lame no one knows who Bannon is like litereally 0 people except me and you

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

who's got a link to the rally

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GobiasIndustries posted:

They showed up very late and gave very generic speeches, except Trump decided to lie the second he got off prompter, which resulted in the president of Mexico calling him out on it via social media.

seriously he cannot loving help himself and loathes being told what to say because he cannot conceive of his actions being less than perfect in every way

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Anything that is newsworthy enough in that speech to make everybody forget that the President of Mexico said to Donald Trump's face that We aren't paying for the wall and the Trump campaign didn't deny it would be so godawfully scandalous that I hope yall are right

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I'm starting to wonder if Trump's compulsion to lie about tiny inconsequential things like the NFL letter about the debate means he might also lie about things like major policy negotiation failures, even if both are easily debunked.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Biglyanne Conway

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nobody can take a win, however small, and turn it into a loss/international incident like trump can

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
But did he say the "f-bomb" when he told them they aren't paying for the wall?

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Anything that is newsworthy enough in that speech to make everybody forget that the President of Mexico said to Donald Trump's face that We aren't paying for the wall and the Trump campaign didn't deny it would be so godawfully scandalous that I hope yall are right

Amnesty

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Does anyone else read MGTOW whenever they read MAGA? The acronyms are somehow subconsciously linked in my mind, I don't know why.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Thundercracker posted:

Here's the thing. Even if Nieto "beat" Trump in the negotiation table, how the gently caress did he not know Trump would just flat out lie and bullshit in front the cameras?

Like, has he been living under a rock? Trump always bullshits in front of the camera. That's his whole shtick. And it loving works half the time.

Smiling through the press conference then tweeting means you get to undermine Trump AND avoid the kind of live public humiliation that many posters were hoping for but probably would've been better for Trump than another embarrassing Twitter feud.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Vile posted:

yeah pretty lame no one knows who Bannon is like litereally 0 people except me and you

i know

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Piquai Souban posted:

I'm starting to wonder if Trump's compulsion to lie about tiny inconsequential things like the NFL letter about the debate means he might also lie about things like major policy negotiation failures, even if both are easily debunked.

*a t-90 breaks down the wall of the oval office while trump broadcasts to the nation*

"all reports of russian troops on american soil are a just a lie by lying crooked hillary"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Kellyanne :derp:------------->>>CON<<<--------:derp:way

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Vile posted:

We're the best people.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Goffer posted:

Does anyone else read MGTOW whenever they read MAGA? The acronyms are somehow subconsciously linked in my mind, I don't know why.

MTGOX

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Vile posted:

Amnesty

That'd do it.

Or he quotes Yoko Ono and replaces "woman" with "white man"

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
what time does Trump's immigration speech start?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
MMAGGOTWA

Men Making America Going Great Their Own Way Again

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

Them actually talking about it but it not going Trump's way and then him saying/publicly ignoring that fact it is extremely Trump tbh.

its probably what happened, but trump will get some leeway since he said it with Nieto standing right there. then again Nieto will get some leeway because Trump was speaking in the donald's english and he might've been taken off guard (like the cuckservative he is)

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Abel Wingnut posted:

who's got a link to the rally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6qUvun2umA

Not started yet - It's a re-run of monday's The Snake.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

zoux posted:

Or he quotes Yoko Ono and replaces "woman" with "white man"

god, i know i don't usually consider you to exist, but if you do i have a favor to ask

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Equeen posted:

what time does Trump's immigration speech start?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaF_NwVbIgo

56 mins according to this

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Actually it's telling that we trust Nieto more about what was said in the meeting.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

so most likely 1:56

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I'm into Trump reading allegories to me while I wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

GobiasIndustries posted:

so most likely 1:56

I liked the time he suddenly was an half hour early for some stupid reason. But that was Charts Trump :rip:

• Locked thread