Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Majorian posted:

I believe this is from an Al Franken book, isn't it?

It's by political cartoonist Tim Kreider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Cool, a whose who list of mentally retarded people.

Who do you think the 10% of America is still undecided (according to PPP) is?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Majorian posted:

I believe this is from an Al Franken book, isn't it?

The creator and source are cited at the bottom bro

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Bad Moon posted:

Or at the least pulling a standard retard

you rang?

Rando C-lister talking heads are pretty much the Standard by which this phenomenon can be judged so totally on point.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

"Supply Side Jesus" is the similarly themed Al Franken comic.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Hillary is planning to begin serious campaigning very soon right? Letting Trump shoot himself in the dick in the aftermath of the DNC worked great but its clear that he's adjusted his aim. She can't continue to let him just dominate the news cycles if he's going to just play prevent defense the entire time. All this time spent fundraising better be worth it for these next two months.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hillary is planning to begin serious campaigning very soon right? Letting Trump shoot himself in the dick in the aftermath of the DNC worked great but its clear that he's adjusted his aim. She can't continue to let him just dominate the news cycles if he's going to just play prevent defense the entire time. All this time spent fundraising better be worth it for these next two months.

She's been campaigning hard, just targeting the local media not the national media.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Why are we laughing at a year old tweet?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rygar201 posted:

The creator and source are cited at the bottom bro

As if I have time to read all that.:colbert:

Mantis42 posted:

"Supply Side Jesus" is the similarly themed Al Franken comic.

That was it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Niton posted:

As an addendum, I believe that many people who claim themselves to be Atheists actually mean they're Agnostic - people who believe that the existence (or lack thereof) of God is unknowable.

Unknowable and irrelevant, because its pretty obvious that even if god exists, he doesn't really give a gently caress about the wellbeing of mankind.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Rick_Hunter posted:

Why are we laughing at a year old tweet?

it's either that or crying

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Epic High Five posted:

it's either that or crying

You lived in Indiana, I thought you were used to it by now.

neoliberal
Aug 10, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois
Trump is pulling higher in the polls I hope you guys are ready for him to go up after the Mexican meeting. He's about to go back to where he was preconvention.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

neoliberal posted:

Trump is pulling higher in the polls I hope you guys are ready for him to go up after the Mexican meeting. He's about to go back to where he was preconvention.

Yet he still will lose.

clam the FUCK down
Dec 20, 2013

For the first time something in this election hit close to home. Unfortunately it was from the Trump campaign. Stephen Bannon's comments about the seven sisters infuriated me. I've been leaning Trump for a while, but hiring Stephen Bannon was a poor decision.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

William Stoner posted:

I've been leaning Trump for a while

Why

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Adding insult to injury, it's being reported that Trump rode out of the Mexican state palace on a helicopter reserved for dignitaries and heads of state.

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.
More importantly how the gently caress was that particular comment the straw that finally broke you? What about that particular raindrop differentiated it from the rest of the deluge?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I've seen some of her ads down here in FL on local TV and they are pretty strong.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
As an agnostic my contribution to the discussion is that Christianity is basically responsible for the entire body of western scholastic tradition, even to this very day, so to deny religion's positive impact on humanity is to literally deny the beneficial aspects of every part of the culture you participate in today

A lot of my atheist peers can't wrap their head around this and think I'm nuts

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hasn't Hillary kept her op ed crew shelved so far? There's bound to be dirt worse than indentured servitude.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DemeaninDemon posted:

Hasn't Hillary kept her op ed crew shelved so far? There's bound to be dirt worse than indentured servitude.

Why play all your cards when your opponent is constantly making GBS threads their pants?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Isn't there supposed to be a trump immigration speech tonight

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Start Arzying everyone! CNN is reporting there's a pool that has Trump only down by 2!

The fact that it's a Fox poll isn't mentioned in the title or in the first paragraph of the article

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Eifert Posting posted:

Start Arzying everyone! CNN is reporting there's a pool that has Trump only down by 2!

The fact that it's a Fox poll isn't mentioned in the title or in the first paragraph of the article

Fox's pollster is actually legit, aren't they? This might actually be reason to worry.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Eifert Posting posted:

It really doesn't matter if the poll was commissioned by Fox if it was a reputable pollster.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

emdash posted:

Isn't there supposed to be a trump immigration speech tonight

Yeah, Rudy Giuliani is doing his intro speech right now.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
USPOL Sept: Crooked Hillary is Weak, Sick and Methodist

or perhaps

USPOL Sept: Trump Press Conference with Taco Bowl

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
But yes, if the race is tightening to 2-3 points nationally it is time to start worrying that state polls may also start trending that way

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Fox News Poll is conducted under the joint direction of Anderson Robbins Research (D) and Shaw & Company Research (R). The poll was conducted by telephone with live interviewers August 28-30, 2016 among a random national sample of 1,011 registered voters (RV).

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Or we could wait and see what kind of damage Trump does to himself during the debates.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Oh, a Registered Voter poll? This late?

lol.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

FilthyImp posted:

Or we could wait and see what kind of damage Trump does to himself during the debates.

At this point I don't think anyone in this thread is seriously concerned about Trump winning as much as what a tight race would mean for the down ballot and potentially for 2020.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

At this point I don't think anyone in this thread is seriously concerned about Trump winning as much as what a tight race would mean for the down ballot and potentially for 2020.

I occasionally worry about it in the same way I occasionally worry about a plane I'm on crashing when I hit turbulence. I know it isn't likely, just worrying.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hillary has been using the time to work on all the non glamorous parts of campaigning while Trump's been shooting himself in the dick near constantly for the last month or so. For instance, these are the battleground office counts.

Edit: If I had to guess, operation greasy orange smear doesn't fully commence until after the first debate. Which is where the opo research library on Trump finally sees the light of day.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 1, 2016

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gyges posted:

Hillary has been using the time to work on all the non glamorous parts of campaigning while Trump's been shooting himself in the dick near constantly for the last month or so. For instance, these are the battleground office counts.

How many of those are GOP offices that the Trump camp are claiming as their own?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The office I'm working in literally just opened. I think a bunch of her campaign offices are just coming fully on-line now after securing the organizers and paid staff to herd idiot volunteers like me.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
That lead of 2 points is from the four-way poll. Head to head Clinton is up 6 in the same poll. Since polls ALWAYS overestimate how much the third party candidates get compared to Election Day I wouldn't put much stock in any 4 way poll.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Of course it's 88 offices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Gyges posted:

Edit: If I had to guess, operation greasy orange smear doesn't fully commence until after the first debate. Which is where the opo research library on Trump finally sees the light of day.

These are misleading because it doesn't compare the number of offices in Alaska, Hawaii and Israel!

• Locked thread