Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
My first CS game is GO so I'm not qualified to say much but I really hate that when I'm doing poorly I can always grab an MP9/Mac10 and just jump shot people around corners. Running AK shots still confuse me and don't feel right either but I don't know enough about the series to comment too much on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Agoat posted:

My first CS game is GO so I'm not qualified to say much but I really hate that when I'm doing poorly I can always grab an MP9/Mac10 and just jump shot people around corners.

It becomes less of a problem as people get better and they can reliably headshot you with their AK if you try stuff like that. But yeah it sucks that a bad player can just play Call of Duty with a P90 and do ok against average players.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Elman posted:

It becomes less of a problem as people get better and they can reliably headshot you with their AK if you try stuff like that. But yeah it sucks that a bad player can just play Call of Duty with a P90 and do ok against average players.

I've stopped buying the P90 entirely just because I don't want to learn bad habits. I guess buying the other SMGs is similar but at least I get to practice movement with those. I want to improve and learn proper Counter-Strike but I don't want to learn too many gimmicks that could (in theory) be patched out later.

Edit: It sucks hearing that the entire pro scene has been available to help Valve improve the game but hasn't gotten the chance. Most of the time I ignore that sort of effort because I don't have faith in most communities but we're dealing with Valve and one of the oldest yet most current shooters out there. I don't even mind all the skins, I think they're fun. But it'd be nice to see some big chances come next operation.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 31, 2016

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Photex posted:

I had a positive ratio against Subroza at the last LAN tournament so yeah I'd say I am pretty good. :colbert:

Can't cheat as easily on LAN

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

mcvey posted:

Can't cheat as easily on LAN

... Judging how Montreal ended I don't even think this is close to being an accurate statement

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Agoat posted:

I've stopped buying the P90 entirely just because I don't want to learn bad habits. I guess buying the other SMGs is similar

Tbh learning the UMP is the best decision in terms of SMGs. It fires like a rifle, and it is probably the best small buy possible. I'd take it over a famas or galil any day.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Agoat posted:

I've stopped buying the P90 entirely just because I don't want to learn bad habits. I guess buying the other SMGs is similar but at least I get to practice movement with those.

I have thought about trying to use the mp7 less and less, but I am really really good with it, and it lets me buy others on my team ak's / m4's who might not have enough money and are good with those guns. Sure that is a dumb theory, and I have been working on my ak spray, but I have used the mp7 so long (2500+ kills statrack) I don't think I will ever relearn how to not move and shoot..

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

my first bit of fanmail in my 1k hours of playing :)

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
cl_interp_ratio 2 for life

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Some dude kept sitting in smokes and thinking he was clever. I see a forward-ish smoke in cache A main, I say to my team "some idiot thinks he's cute sitting in smokes, just spam 'em so he learns his lesson". I then spam the smoke, reposition. My teammate follows my lead and spams the smoke too... combined frag.

This game is annoying but moments like that when you realise you've totally outplayed someone are worth it.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

dex_sda posted:

Some dude kept sitting in smokes and thinking he was clever. I see a forward-ish smoke in cache A main, I say to my team "some idiot thinks he's cute sitting in smokes, just spam 'em so he learns his lesson". I then spam the smoke, reposition. My teammate follows my lead and spams the smoke too... combined frag.

This game is annoying but moments like that when you realise you've totally outplayed someone are worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr7CKWxqhtw

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Famethrowa posted:

Tbh learning the UMP is the best decision in terms of SMGs. It fires like a rifle, and it is probably the best small buy possible. I'd take it over a famas or galil any day.

mp9/mac10 supremacy

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Bring back the TMP

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

nftyw posted:

Bring back the TMP

Bring back the MP5

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
spunj was the problem

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
16-0---------16-0---------------------------------16-016-016-0
16-0-------16-0----------------------------------16-0---------16-0
16-0-----16-0-----------------------------------16-0-----------16-0
16-0-----16-0-16-0-------16-016-0-------16-0-------------16-0
16-0----16-0---16-0------16-016-0-------16-0-------------16-0
16-0----16-0----16-0-------------------------16-0------------16-0
16-0----16-0---16-0----------------------------16-0---------16-0
16-0-----16-0-16-0------------------------------16-016-016-0

e: 10 years on this site kill me

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

They desperately need Fer back.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
This map/match obviously isn't super important but rng really seem to be (finally) getting organised

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

lmfao

can't wait for everyone to blame taco again

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 1, 2016

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

SK looked like they were throwing, what the gently caress was that just running onto sites w/ no utility poo poo??

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

what the loving gently caress even what

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
Sk have been doing weird poo poo, looked like they threw their games once they reached 14-x then won on round 30. Practicing closing tight games?

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Maybe a victim of their own success, fnatic style? I swear watching some of fnatic's matches prior to the big swap was really sad. It's like they were 100% confident their straight aim would win rounds, going into bombsites without throwing any utility at all.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
lmao cold is mad on twitter

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

henne posted:

Sk have been doing weird poo poo, looked like they threw their games once they reached 14-x then won on round 30. Practicing closing tight games?
They didn't do very well at that tonight.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

The game in question. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b50n-TfsqvQ

Only watched D2. You can tell they're tilted after round 8 or 9. But even then there were a lot of close rounds and lots of renegades winning 1v2's with 1 or 2 HP. Even when something goes right for SK, like on the last pistol, two of them get domed through smoke. poo poo happens. Cold being butt hurt on twitter made me scrape his sticker for TACO though. For now.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I fell to MGE

Im pretty dogshit

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

fennesz posted:

The game in question. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b50n-TfsqvQ

Cold being butt hurt on twitter made me scrape his sticker for TACO though.

That's the whole vod, D2 starts here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b50n-TfsqvQ&t=3906s

Scraping a sticker is harsh dude are you ok?

Trip report: this is a pretty good game to watch, lots of really nice little touches to pick up if you feel "out of date" on dust 2

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Sep 1, 2016

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Smol posted:

lmao cold is mad on twitter

R O L E M O D E L S

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

The best thing is liquid were being high fived for winning against them just days ago, apparently ending their poo poo and trash period. Well...

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

looks like the SK Era is done, Coldzera calling people faggots on twitter isn't something sponsors take lightly.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Famethrowa posted:

I've been trying to learn it a bit better but it's been rough. Might spend a day in the lab with it.

My favorite Counter-Strike player was the one telling me to "act my rank" while I was carrying the team with solo site takes* and plants. He started this when I didn't rush out to immediately save him when he was lit and we had 10 seconds to bomb detonation. He is also the reason I detained down to Nova 3.

(*This was because everyone else kept dying.)

Agoat fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Sep 1, 2016

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

csgo: mature game for mature gamers

stump collector
May 28, 2007
owned

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Brutal ownage of what's probably a troll 16 year old by coldzero

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xenaero posted:

I fell to MGE

Im pretty dogshit

You're only three degrees of poo poo from being Pomp :unsmigghh:

Agoat posted:

I've been trying to learn it a bit better but it's been rough. Might spend a day in the lab with it.

To spray you just pull your gun down and in a slight parabolic arc to the right. It's accurate enough that you can do short bursts from midrange angles or spray down rushes and poo poo on any other eco gun. Against full buys it at least performs as well as you'd expect, which is more than i can say about the famas.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Don't buy the famas

side rule: don't tell me on comms that there's a dropped rifle somewhere only for it to turn out to be the famas

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

famas ain't awful, I'd take it over the UMP for d2 long or holding stairs on mirage and poo poo like that. Famas spray is poo poo tho, can't do it past close range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
first match of the autumn season complete, 16-6 cache, 16-2 train, winning every round after losing pistol due to a masterful round 2 4x AK buy from the other team, which was probably what triggered several of their number ragequitting after the teamspeak vibes apparently got completely out of hand a few rounds later

gg, kind of