Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

u nasty fucker. Reported

that was really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Applewhite posted:

Yeah but if you look at what sites are considered "relevant" we should count ourselves lucky not to be lumped in with that garbage.

Good point. And the sites that are considered relevant nowadays will die off before this site, probably.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Applewhite posted:

I'm just as happy to have had nothing to do with him.

i wouldve liked a hand in his downfall. aside from being a literal pedophile, he was a supremely trifling mod

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

u nasty fucker. Reported

what is this low effort shitpost bullshit. enjoy you're ban

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

OMGVBFLOL posted:

what is this low effort shitpost bullshit. enjoy you're ban

calling all ralps

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i wouldve liked a hand in his downfall. aside from being a literal pedophile, he was a supremely trifling mod

TOS was not the best Star Trek

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
You guys are super dumb if you think SA is going to fold before Reddit does.

SA so far has outlived Fark, Digg and other than useless filler Reddit is already in the decline because it's hit that critical mass where any subreddit that's at all worth reading gets destroyed by haha me too gimmic posts and countless lovely picture posts.

This dead gay forum is going to be still chugging along when Reddit goes tits up and then whatever replaces it will still occasionally generate a 'LOL SA is old and irrelevant' thread.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sid Vicious posted:

lol how old are you you still might be able to get one

Ouchie

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

EvilJoven posted:

SA so far has outlived Fark, Digg and other than useless filler Reddit is already in the decline because it's hit that critical mass where any subreddit that's at all worth reading gets destroyed by haha me too gimmic posts and countless lovely picture posts.

This dead gay forum is going to be still chugging along when Reddit goes tits up and then whatever replaces it will still occasionally generate a 'LOL SA is old and irrelevant' thread.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the question isnt if sa will fold, its if the revenue can support a family plus servers and a tech. thats actually a good question going forward

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
I feel like at some point "old" stuff is always considered irrelevant even when it's not.

This forum's gonna outlive everything.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

the question isnt if sa will fold, its if the revenue can support a family plus servers and a tech. thats actually a good question going forward

Lowtax probably ghost writes or some poo poo because all joking aside he's actually pretty funny.

Also jesus loving christ I've been on this stupid forum for over a decade.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Lowtax could have patented let's play and made trillions but he didn't

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

AugmentedVision posted:

Lowtax could have patented let's play and made trillions but he didn't

he knows this, is the sad thing

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
What would he patent, exactly? He'd be like that loser that tried to patent podcasts

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Please let me smell your finger

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

EvilJoven posted:

Fine.

But can we please get SA a New pair of tits?

The "old ladies" are starting to droop something fierce.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I really like gbs and everyone who posts here even dare and my assigned forums enemies. I will even extend my love to the people who are making QCS suggestions and yet never post here. I love everyone.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

EvilJoven posted:

Lowtax probably ghost writes or some poo poo because all joking aside he's actually pretty funny.

Also jesus loving christ I've been on this stupid forum for over a decade.

lowtax is better than all of us at everything and i hate him for it :ok:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I just wanna say that ASWBM's thread about making a video game is a pretty good example of quality, hilarious shitposting by multiple goons that never would have been allowed in old GBS. I literally laughed out loud at least 4 or 5 times reading that thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788323

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Lowtax posted:

Okay, it turns out "y troll" was, in fact, Dare. I should say this surprises me, but honestly it doesn't. I tried to talk and reason with him yesterday but his train of thought is just... Jesus, I cannot describe it.

(LONG CONVERSATION WITH A CRAZY PERSON)

This is astonishing and I am very grateful and humble to have had the chance to read it. Thank you so much.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

redm posted:

lowtax is better than all of us at everything and i hate him for it :ok:

he dumb rear end went to vanderbilt so i can assure you he isn't the best at everything

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

he dumb rear end went to vanderbilt so i can assure you he isn't the best at everything

oh poo poo! I didn't know that! tbh I've never really bothered to learn that much about him, I just remember this site and all the cool stuff on it and how neat I thought it was that it was like a whole group of people devoted to free web entertainment just for the gently caress of it. That's cool, tho, I know some people that went there!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
I'm going to bring back weekly events, soon.

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

EvilJoven posted:

this is true. As lovely as SA can be sometimes it's still the best forum on the internet.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Smythe posted:

hell yes

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Smythe posted:

i love a good sacrifice

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Smythe posted:

Can we have a pizza party?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Bug Bill Murray posted:

this is true. As lovely as SA can be sometimes it's still the best forum on the internet.

SA has always been the best forum on the internet, and still is to this day.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Smythe posted:

how about archery? can we have archery?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Bug Bill Murray posted:

what about misc

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Smythe posted:

SA has always been the best forum on the internet, and still is to this day.

Tacomaluvers.com begs to differ

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Smythe posted:

:snoop:

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer
196,077 robocops

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
1. presence/visibility - you seem to disappear a lot, though maybe im just missing you posting elsewhere. but, it gives the impression that no one is in change, particularly with you look at the poo poo some of the moderators/admins stir up. i do not understand how ralp was a mod for so long, for example. reward good mods, like aswbm and genesplicer, with a tshirt or Christmas sweater imo

2. your products are stale - there's been no innovation or adaptability in your revenue stream. offer a random sale for avatars and emoticons or something that doesn't hinge on banning people, or think of new ways to offer your products (i.e. ban proof for 3 strikes registration via a monthly $5 fee. strikes reset annually.)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Smythe posted:

In what way?

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
SA is like the little hole in the wall pub where everybody knows each other and is kinda hosed up, so they hang out there everyday.

Except with less liver damage and more autism.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

VendaGoat posted:

In what way?

Very carefully

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Smythe posted:

Very carefully

I am prescience to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Smythe posted:

Very carefully

smythe i like your tact. youve inherited some bullshit. Realize ur audience, is my advice

• Locked thread