Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Finally got into a couple games tonight:

Holy gently caress is this fun. Getting the heavy/medium machine gun drop is amazing. Just loving strutting around suppressing every mother fucker in the whole map as you roll up some poor bastard and ventilate him.

Only complaint is how hard it is to deal with tanks and snipers at first. Too few people have the anti tank gun for assault, or even know what it is and that it's there, so you can end up getting rolled by enemy tanks.

And snipers seem a bit OP right now. Snap shots all over the place. But maybe that's just unavoidable in a BF game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011
Anyone else having trouble spotting enemies? I got killed about 20 times in my first game and I don' think I saw my killer a single time.

e: even when they were right next to me. just totally missed them

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

They seriously need to buff the light tank wtf is this poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-eaDD_o1jo

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I haven't been getting end of round summaries after my games. It just keeps loading and counts down to the next game. Have no idea if I'm getting promoted or if I'm even gaining any experience points.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Hey guys, i've watched some videos and I think Ea is ripping everyone off anf all of the people that like this game are paid by Ea to say good things. I cant belive that peopple are excted by this carp game and cant see that this game is a battlefront reskin, like open your eyes lol. This isnt even close to the excellence that was BF3 bandar desert like come on :dice: figure it out like you did before. I cant believe all of you sheeple are buying into this hypefest and are actually having fun :downsbravo:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

For real though, this game is fun and I'm looking forward to wrecking some pubbies with some goons

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Anyone know what some of the tank abilities do? The heavy tank #3 looks like a repair maybe? But I know you can repair just by pressing x

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Anyone know what some of the tank abilities do? The heavy tank #3 looks like a repair maybe? But I know you can repair just by pressing x

It's an emergency repair. When someone hits you hard and disables your tracks or gun or whatever, that button will repair the component and some damage instantly so you can get out of dodge. It's super useful.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Man point E in conquest mode is a really annoying point to deal with.

Last game a two man team of 1 sniper waaaay out in the south sands and 1 dude on horse back who just looped around to kill whoever got the sniper and just harass.

Well they shouldn't have if anyone else on my team had bothered to deal with that point but it seemed like it was just too far for them to bother.

Again, really annoyed at just how loving good the snipers on on these/this map.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vegetable posted:

I haven't been getting end of round summaries after my games. It just keeps loading and counts down to the next game. Have no idea if I'm getting promoted or if I'm even gaining any experience points.

You are getting exp and promoted, so don't worry. The end of round summaries work sometimes, but are broken most of the time.

Smashlampjaw
Aug 16, 2008
Any goons playing on Xbox1 right now..?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You are getting exp and promoted, so don't worry. The end of round summaries work sometimes, but are broken most of the time.
This is very reassuring, thanks dude

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NEiSPFjzEk

Quick and dirty edit of some of the goon fun earlier tonight. Despite the issues, I had a great time.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

afkmacro posted:

They seriously need to buff the light tank wtf is this poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-eaDD_o1jo

I'm lazy about youtubing things but I've got a bunch of bomber shootdowns. They're really strong for some reason. Generally you can get a disable/kill/engine-crit and then it'll crash to kill the gunner.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Why the gently caress are people saying that native res is 42% because that's clearly downscaling and blurry as gently caress...

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

After spending a couple rounds as Support I can say my enjoyment of that class will come from how quickly I can put a bipod on any of the guns.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Kibayasu posted:

After spending a couple rounds as Support I can say my enjoyment of that class will come from how quickly I can put a bipod on any of the guns.

Pretty much. Best part is bipods now stay deployed, then just flip on whenever you're in front of a suitable surface and back off when you start moving.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
The game is okay, but it does not in any way feel like WW1. From what I played it feels like alternate dimension WW2.

Horses are really funny and the landtank is glorious.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Horses are effectively a man with an infinite laser rifle, loving thing is like pinpoint accurate over crazy ranges. Best part is to put the T-Gewehr on it. Save your precious precious tank killing ammo, get around fast, heal and such. It's delightful.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Wow, learned not to mess with the resolution scale. Set it to 100% because why wouldn't I want full textures? Performance was absolute poo poo on my 780. Turned things to low and I'm still barely cracking 45-50fps. Looked up stuff on BF1 perfromance, people say not to change it. Set it back to 42% and boom, back to 70fps on High.

I mean I knew my 780 isn't quite the best anymore and its not going to be optimized but drat

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

That setting is just incorrectly labeled. 50% is actually 100% and 100% is actually 200%. In BF4 and Battlefront, it's correctly like 25% to 200%, with 100% the default.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Qmass posted:

Why the gently caress are people saying that native res is 42% because that's clearly downscaling and blurry as gently caress...

It's not downscaling.

Maybe you have TAA or FXAA on. TAA especially is blurry as hell.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

So yeah, you can collapse that rock bridge near G.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Just had a 183 - 183 draw aka everyone loses because neither team can get the winner bonus :negative:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This game is pretty fun, I have to say, after playing with goons for a couple rounds tonight. Rush feels a lot better for both attackers and defenders this time around, actually thought out instead of just some random garbage.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Plan Z posted:

So yeah, you can collapse that rock bridge near G.

Wait, really? How? Dynamite?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

also

I really want this tank to be good :flame:

I assume the mobility stat just means how good a weapon is at hipfire.

I really think DICE should make a 40K game instead of BF2143. Land Raiders, Leman Russ's, and a wave of guardsmen. :getin:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

I'm going to actually try doing more shadow play uploads. Here's the highlight of the night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1O5LcrVCMA

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I forgot how frustrating it is being the only one playing the objective when the rest of your team is dying on top of the hot spots (C and D in this case). Constantly getting backcapped and being the only one to try and address it makes me sad.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the light tank kick rear end and is adorable

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

And after a few rounds of planes the attack plane is probably the most fun. I can't seem to aim bombs worth poo poo and the fighter plane only really gets to do stuff when other planes come along but the attack jet, given a mostly open sky, can put the hurt on infantry.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

ijyt posted:

I really think DICE should make a 40K game instead of BF2143. Land Raiders, Leman Russ's, and a wave of guardsmen. :getin:

I want a 40K strategy game done by Eugen, a Warhammer RPG from CD Projekt, and yeah a 40K shooter from DICE

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

What is the best way to kill the flamethrower dude? I swear I got him 3 times with a shotgun and he still killed me :argh:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Some guys and I got in a warship and rolled around murdering the absolute hell out of people for an entire match and we each went like 20/0

What I'm saying is that it's really cool when people try to fill up their vehicle instead of driving off on their own

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015
the servers seem to be patchy again.

Also I was in the ft-17 and rolled over the dunes at D (I'm fairly sure train station's D) to find about 2/3 of the enemy team had spawned in trying to retake the town :getin:

if I was going to to suggest any nerfs to how fun op the ft-17 is, the obvious one would be nerfing the size of the tank's ready rack so it can't ruin enemy tanks straight up and has to hide for a bit to reload

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Never really cared for BF3/4, but playing this reminds me of 1942. I like it a lot!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
God drat I wish the medic could take the shotgun or 1895. I downed a loving plane with that lever action and then domed the pilot as he parachuted away :clint:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
They really, really need to double the time limit if not remove it completely. I've done over 50 matches now, not a single one has ended due to score. It's impossible to make a comeback if you're down more than 30-40 points.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

small hendren posted:

Anyone else having trouble spotting enemies? I got killed about 20 times in my first game and I don' think I saw my killer a single time.

e: even when they were right next to me. just totally missed them

Yes and I bug reported it with footage. I am not sure if it's a display model location error like the horse bug or if something wonky is going on. I even had the model pop into view inside of a empty red outline.

Even with that the games were much better tonight with more gadgets available. I think me and Satan must have killed each other 5 or 6 times with incidiary traps. Tanks were getting owned, aircraft were not to bad. Shotgun hut ref was wonky as gently caress not sure if it was because of the ddos or the fact that half the players I saw were lagging to poo poo. Also snipers if your using k bullets a d want to gently caress over the bombers aim at a wing and keep shooting because you can disable the wing control and prevent in flight repairs at the same time.

Oh yeah if you do the explosives stacking to crash a server it is a banable offence so don't do it and report assholes who do.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
So any faction can spawn any ground vehicle. Is that the same for aircraft? Like, britain will always have access to the fokker triplane and thats not a beta thing?

That seems a little weird to me.

Factions sharing guns is kind of.. whatever. I don't love it, but in gameplay terms I don't care because you've still got the dude carrying it who is faction unique. Having quick subconcious recognition of the different silhouettes of vehicles is kind of different, and while I get there were a tiny handful of armoured vehicles in the war, there were a ton of faction unique aircraft, and it would be nice to see the shape of a fokker and go "yep that's a badguy" and carry on, like in every other BF.

Minor thing, I guess.