Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annoying Reveler
Jul 16, 2002

strategery posted:

I might be the only person who actually really enjoyed Lords of the Fallen, despite some flaws.

It's clunky as gently caress, but I still had a good time with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if you have a turbo button controller set it to shield and run in a circle around enemies. there is a glitch that just melts their health off.

you can do in manually but its tiring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxUmdlhaxmA

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i am actually excited to get a free whack at lords of the fallen because i never would have spent money on it but i want to see if it is as bad as it looks.

of course it wont take long for me to think "hey i could be playing bloodborne right now" so i doubt i will get a whole playthrough in

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Badland is actually pretty cool. I picked it up when it was a contemporary iOS game and couldn't stop playing it. I usually hate iOS games too.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sakurazuka posted:

I just wish LiS didn't fall into the 'gay characters have to have a bad ending' trope

Even if you didn't have to have them be gay with each other.

I got the mega gay ending in Metal Gear Solid, where you and Otacon pour your hearts out and bond, and finally ride off into the sunset on a snowmobile with Otacon riding bitch

pretty drat funny now that I think of it, but it certainly counted as the worst ending

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I thought it was fine. It's a much easier, dumber Souls game, but that's OK.

Can it be played like a standard action RPG or do I have to be super cautious and time my avoidance perfectly? I just want to play the game to hit things and collect some loot

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lords of the Fallen is like Bound By Flame or Kingdoms of Amalur; it's a blatant rip-off of someone else's game, but it's ultimately still pretty playable and enjoyable (for free).

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

God drat, I loved Kingdoms of Amalur

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

omg chael crash posted:

I was about to say I've only ever heard great things about it, still haven't played it though.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

omg chael crash posted:

Can it be played like a standard action RPG or do I have to be super cautious and time my avoidance perfectly? I just want to play the game to hit things and collect some loot

It takes more careful timing than a standard action RPG, but less than a Souls game. Some of the bosses are still pretty tough until you figure out what spells and weapons let you cheese your way through.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

BisterdDave posted:

I was about to say I've only ever heard great things about it
about kingdoms of amalur? are you sure you arent thinking of something else?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Awesome! posted:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. I always hear it's definitely worth playing.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

omg chael crash posted:

I burnt out on the MMO-iness of it by the end, I was really enjoying it before then though. Backstabbing bears with their weird glaive-things was really entertaining.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Awesome! posted:

You could do a lot worse than amalur, you could be playing a bethesda game instead.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

BisterdDave posted:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. I always hear it's definitely worth playing.

I enjoyed it as well although it was way too much game and they used the system of locking enemy levels when you first entered a zone so you'd outlevel everything very easily and you could also trivialize things just by being curious and peeking into a zone.

I was tired of it by the final island but had a good time leading up to it.

Holy crap I want so much from this indie sale. Finally getting Gungeon, Republique, Invisible Inc, Risk of Rain, Electronic Super Joy. Also finding out Oddworld Stranger's Wrath isn't compatible with PSTV so picking that up for PS3. There's a bunch more I'm somewhat interested in but I went ahead and stopped. drat.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Aw, Wayforward just delayed Shantae 6 weeks (give or take) :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

axleblaze posted:

Aw, Wayforward just delayed Shantae 6 weeks (give or take) :(

NOOOOOO my shantaember is ruined

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

NOOOOOO my shantaember is ruined

Nope, good for at least 4 months. :haw:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Obsurveyor posted:

Nope, good for at least 4 months. :haw:

octember?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

That's not what you call it?

(oops)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

shantober sounds better anyway

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I always forget: is there a point when redeeming a PS+ card on the website where you can back out after you've entered a code, when you can check that it's valid? Or is it enter the code, and it's instantly redeemed?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Well I'm up to rank 25 in the Battlefield 1 beta despite it having only one map. Guess I'm going to preorder then. Might even try the second game mode at some point.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

I thought it was fine. It's a much easier, dumber Souls game, but that's OK.

Easier? How far did you play it, because the game gets fking bullshit with how slow your guy attacks compared to the enemies. I've never hated a game so much in my life and I've beaten all the dark souls.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Little Bitch Man posted:

Easier? How far did you play it, because the game gets fking bullshit with how slow your guy attacks compared to the enemies. I've never hated a game so much in my life and I've beaten all the dark souls.

did you spam shieldbash?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Guess what two games this guy just bought a few weeks ago! :q:

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

mango sentinel posted:

Prince of Persia and Amnesia?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Parkingtigers posted:

Well I'm up to rank 25 in the Battlefield 1 beta despite it having only one map. Guess I'm going to preorder then. Might even try the second game mode at some point.

I'm not surprised considering you were the only other goon I ever saw playing Battlefront and they are the same game (I love it too).

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I'm not surprised considering you were the only other goon I ever saw playing Battlefront and they are the same game (I love it too).

I do find most shootmans very similar for the most part, and I'm never actually good at them so I'm all about the set dressing. Throw in some AT-ATs or biplanes and I'm suddenly able to enjoy myself for hours just "being there" while I drag my team down to second place.

Being the nose gunner in a WW1 bomber strafing ground targets is my new favourite thing in videogames. So good.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeah the vehicles are my fav part of both games, and the reason BF has always been my FPS over CoD etc. And the vehicles in BF1 are way better than Battlefront.

Although the one time I got a plane I crashed it into the ground because apparently inverted plane controls is the opposite of inverted shooting controls.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Takes ages to get plane controls setup, then learn how to actually use them. Which is why I like the gunner seats more. Plus being a beta, lag is often the real enemy. Got into a bomber, had two people jump into the gun seats, and I just flew helplessly into a mountain killing us all as the controls wouldn't respond. All I could do was hit the "sorry" message in chat a second before impact.

I could have used the "get out" message but I was already crying with anticipatory laughter so that wasn't happening.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Boy, Risk of Rain is fun, beat it on my 4th try, on easy...

Also picked up Flower because it was $2

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Sakurazuka posted:

It's an otome game, a visual novel aimed at women, so you get to romance the bishie of your choice, who usually turns out to be an utter psychopath.
Sounds like par for the course for women dating.

What is Badland? I don't have either of those PS4 games so yay I guess.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Anora posted:

Boy, Risk of Rain is fun, beat it on my 4th try, on easy...

Also picked up Flower because it was $2

I actually bought Risk of Rain full price a couple months ago during an especially bored weekend and loving loved it enough to unlock every class (which means beating it 4-5 times to get the final class, the mercenary). I think I put in like 30+ hours over the course of a week before I burned myself out on it. I can't even say it's amazing gameplay or anything (although when you nail the right combination of items to become infinite walking death it's pretty great), I think it's just something about the combination of the music, the little pixellated spacemen you can play as and the neat little touches like the item descriptions and monster log that made the game extremely my poo poo.

I just wish it was longer and had more enemies/levels :shrug:

EDIT: Actually, along those lines, is Enter the Gungeon worth $9? It seems like it could be good but it also could veer hard into monkey-cheese territory.

Wolfsheim fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Sep 1, 2016

Wendell
May 11, 2003

mango sentinel posted:

Batman: Arkham Knight and Yoshi's Cookie.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Wolfsheim posted:

I actually bought Risk of Rain full price a couple months ago during an especially bored weekend and loving loved it enough to unlock every class (which means beating it 4-5 times to get the final class, the mercenary). I think I put in like 30+ hours over the course of a week before I burned myself out on it. I can't even say it's amazing gameplay or anything (although when you nail the right combination of items to become infinite walking death it's pretty great), I think it's just something about the combination of the music, the little pixellated spacemen you can play as and the neat little touches like the item descriptions and monster log that made the game extremely my poo poo.

I just wish it was longer and had more enemies/levels :shrug:

EDIT: Actually, along those lines, is Enter the Gungeon worth $9? It seems like it could be good but it also could veer hard into monkey-cheese territory.

I liked Gungeon quite a bit. It was my first experience with its style of game (whatever it is - permadeath roguelike?) although the two things that got me in the end were the insane skill ceiling to truly beat it, and the RNG blessing that may be required to do so. Either way, if you've ever been a fan of shmups or beat-em-ups, you'll probably like it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you're in the mood for an arcadey roguelike shooting game I can't recommend Nuclear Throne enough

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Little Bitch Man posted:

I finished it twice. Some spells are ludicrously overpowered and daggers are stupidly fast and good.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mango sentinel posted:

On the plus side, more people to play Journey with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Kenny Logins posted:

On the plus side, more people to play Journey with?
Oh yeah, that's a good point, I should wait and boot it up when the 'free' one drops for maximum population

• Locked thread