Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I would be absolutely shocked if this were the end of Juggo's involvement in the story. I mean, we'll see, and anything is possible, but I'm betting this isn't the end of him. Just a really badass-looking setback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

SunAndSpring posted:

It would be very funny if this is the moment the wheel is revealed to be Juggs, not the spiky man, or at least a part of Juggs.

didn't we already get this back when we first met him

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Quick survey: Which pet name does 6/7 Juggernaut Star Scours the Universe hate the most?

- Juggs
- Juggy
- Juggo
- Juggalo

Also quick survey: Among supporters of Abbadon's Patreon, about how often does he upload tutorials?

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I've only seen one in two months. He's released PSDs which are also helpful.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

SexyBlindfold posted:

Quick survey: Which pet name does 6/7 Juggernaut Star Scours the Universe hate the most?

- Juggs
- Juggy
- Juggo
- Juggalo

Also quick survey: Among supporters of Abbadon's Patreon, about how often does he upload tutorials?

Cups. :colbert:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Someone please link the edit where 6 Juggs is all "HURR DURR I'M A STUPID PIECE OF poo poo MORTAL LOOK AT ME DRINK BOILED LEAF WATER".

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

He didn't just get by by being an angel, though. Even among angels, he's a straight-up monster, as evidenced by him becoming leader of the most violent angel faction via violence and still not managing to die that often. White Chain is an 83, and even she hasn't seen anywhere near the level and intensity of combat that Juggernaut Star has. I get that there are bigger players out there, like Jagganoth and Metatron (and most of the tougher demiurges), but Juggs feels like a tough mid-boss rather than a starting jobber, if you get me.

I'm not surprised that Maya obliterated him. She's had Really Bad News written all over her from day one, and is placed opposite freakin' Jagganoth in the prophecy. I'm just surprised that he didn't really get to do more first.

Hey he completely wrecked that one teacup.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Someone please link the edit where 6 Juggs is all "HURR DURR I'M A STUPID PIECE OF poo poo MORTAL LOOK AT ME DRINK BOILED LEAF WATER".

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jugger's a badass, as evidenced by him wrecking White Chain in the void, but, yeah. He is aggressive and impetuous and tried to block an attack from a master of the art of Cutting and it was a Bad Decision. He's almost definitely coming back (possibly in a massively hosed up form after Metatron forcefully revives him or something). And, as people pointed out, he's got the lowest number for an angel we've seen except for 2 Michael, who seems less powerful and more "sits on his rear end and never gets involved" when it comes to how low his number is. If he encounters Maya again I doubt he'll make the same mistake, which could make for a considerably more balanced fight.

Or maybe not. We'll have to see, I suppose.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I don't think we're even done with Jughead for this scene, let alone the story.

Also, and related, I think things are just generally going to be awful for everyone in the general vicinity.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I know the spotlight's been off Nadia for a while and while there's substantial odds we won't see her for too much longer I will for the remainder of the story miss just how much Gog-Agog pisses her off.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

He didn't just get by by being an angel, though. Even among angels, he's a straight-up monster, as evidenced by him becoming leader of the most violent angel faction via violence and still not managing to die that often. White Chain is an 83, and even she hasn't seen anywhere near the level and intensity of combat that Juggernaut Star has. I get that there are bigger players out there, like Jagganoth and Metatron (and most of the tougher demiurges), but Juggs feels like a tough mid-boss rather than a starting jobber, if you get me.

I'm not surprised that Maya obliterated him. She's had Really Bad News written all over her from day one, and is placed opposite freakin' Jagganoth in the prophecy. I'm just surprised that he didn't really get to do more first.

Osama bin Laden was a Pretty Big Deal for a while and managed to hold out for a hilariously long time against a world-spanning imperial superpower but I'm pretty sure I coulda taken him in a fistfight

this is a story where the kings of all creation have powers granting them total mastery over the universe, and they used them to murder each other and then hoard teacups, where a sword hilt in the right hands is way more dangerous than a brace of machineguns, and a self-loathing sorority girl can drink an eons-old archdemon under the table. It ain't Dragonball, everyone's legendarily powerful but that in itself is no shield from a well-placed knife in the ribs; what matters isn't who you are or what you got, it's how you use it. Juggernaut Star, like the Demiurges, attained great power and a fearsome reputation and then grew mad and complacent in his supremacy, and the first time we saw him fight someone who wasn't held down or looking the other way he started getting hosed up instantly cause he didn't have the brains to do anything but charge headlong into a scrum and assume he'd kick all the asses cause he's Juggernaut Star.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 1, 2016

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007

A hamburger. Infertile. Pure.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
site appears to have run over its bandwidth allocations

kill six billion hosting servers

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I have seen the universe (its somewhat jughead shaped)

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 1, 2016

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Happy Underpants posted:

A hamburger. Infertile. Pure.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

6 Juggernaut and Maya are polar opposites, at least based on what we know. Jugg is a nihilist, Maya is a hedonist. Jugg has a flawless form forged only for murder (swords shatter on his armor), Maya is covered in scars and a little bit fat. Jugg is ruled by his emotions and seems to be unable to accept any setback, Maya just now turned her back on whatever goal she has for this fight. Jugg for all his power is a lacky and a lapdog, Maya seems to have given up everything so she can act as she sees fit. She's the perfect person to humiliate 6 Juggs, since she's exactly the kind of person he'd have the most contempt for.

Roland Jones posted:

Jugger's a badass, as evidenced by him wrecking White Chain in the void, but, yeah. He is aggressive and impetuous and tried to block an attack from a master of the art of Cutting and it was a Bad Decision. He's almost definitely coming back (possibly in a massively hosed up form after Metatron forcefully revives him or something). And, as people pointed out, he's got the lowest number for an angel we've seen except for 2 Michael, who seems less powerful and more "sits on his rear end and never gets involved" when it comes to how low his number is. If he encounters Maya again I doubt he'll make the same mistake, which could make for a considerably more balanced fight.

Or maybe not. We'll have to see, I suppose.

It doesn't look like a block, it looks like Maya gave no shits about his knife hands and just cut his attack in half along with the rest of him. Before Maya cuts him, his hand is speeding towards her. It's not that he did the wrong thing, it's that he hasn't blocked or dodged an attack in this whole fight, because he can't conceive that these stupid fragile things are a threat to him. Jugg's problem is his arrogance, and it may have just gotten him a new number.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

of course, if the next villain that enters the comic dominates Maya that would be hilarious

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

he didn't have the brains to do anything but charge headlong into a scrum and assume he'd kick all the asses cause he's Juggernaut Star.
It should be noted, Juggs was correct right up to the point Maya stepped in.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Whorelord posted:

of course, if the next villain that enters the comic dominates Maya that would be hilarious

If the comic takes that direction, I will lose faith in its awesomeness. Because if every next threat is so much bigger and badder, we're going back to power levels and comparisons with DBZ.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Comrade Gorbash posted:

It should be noted, Juggs was correct right up to the point Maya stepped in.
Yeah I've a feeling the list of people Juggernaut would be worried about fighting is pretty short. Likewise the number of practitioners of cutting is probably vanishingly small, so after millennia of slicing his way through countless chumps, his confidence was justified.

Whorelord posted:

No problem, she can just go train in the hyperbolic time chamber and learn how to go :ssj:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Maya is probably strong enough to go toe to toe with anything short of a Demiurge, Prime Angel or some sort of eldritch abomination--- mastery of the sanctioned art of Cutting is a big loving deal--- and I get the sense that she would avoid a fight she knows she'd lose

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

So is maya gonna catch up and teach allisons how to cut?

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Presumably there's a bunch of happy farmers and fishers out there with families who actually mastered the art of Cutting, but they know well enough to avoid this god king nonsense

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
yeah maya is a poo poo student because she Cuts, not because she is bad at Cutting.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

thatbastardken posted:

yeah maya is a poo poo student because she Cuts, not because she is bad at Cutting.

Blind Duke posted:

Presumably there's a bunch of happy farmers and fishers out there with families who actually mastered the art of Cutting, but they know well enough to avoid this god king nonsense

Can farmers use tools to harvest, or does swinging a scythe count as Cutting? Or do they reap all the wheat in one motion?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

nimby posted:

Can farmers use tools to harvest, or does swinging a scythe count as Cutting? Or do they reap all the wheat in one motion?

NO. NO. ONE BLADE AT A TIME. ONE TIME, ONE BLADE.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Phy posted:

NO. NO. ONE BLADE AT A TIME. ONE TIME, ONE BLADE.

I agree, dual wielding is so unenlightened

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"the sanctioned words for today are: Maya, youre an idiot. get out of my barrel." - Meti, presumably, at some point

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Sep 1, 2016

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Stormgale posted:

I agree, dual wielding is so unenlightened

ah, juggo lost because of his multiplexing

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

I like the burn scars Maya has been hiding under her hair.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/771855813258293249

I mean I thought it was obvious but given discussion in this thread I feel this is worth posting anyway.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/771855813258293249

I mean I thought it was obvious but given discussion in this thread I feel this is worth posting anyway.

I still think it would be best if jugg exited this particular fight tho'. He definitely needs to stay around since he's an unhinged maniac whose constant fuckin' up has driven a fair bit of the plot.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'll bet juggs ditched out of the armor when he realized what was happening

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

NecroMonster posted:

i'll bet juggs ditched out of the armor when he realized what was happening

he ditches the armor and becomes the mutliverse's most dangerous teacup

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

akulanization posted:

I still think it would be best if jugg exited this particular fight tho'. He definitely needs to stay around since he's an unhinged maniac whose constant fuckin' up has driven a fair bit of the plot.

Oh yeah, he's almost definitely done for now. I mean, besides that him not being done would undercut Maya's badassery here, Abbadon said this a couple tweets before the one I linked:

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/771854805539041280

Jugger's almost definitely out of this fight so the book can wrap up, but this isn't the last we've seen of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2_cJxYYhM