Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Ah, poo poo, I just realized that the Hinekora ascendancy point fucks up EE for EA :( That's a lot of damage I'm losing. Might need to go for EO after all. Guess that's one reason people weren't running Chieftain EA...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716826

Skill tree is updated, plus filter stuffs.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im gonna forget to update filter, never find am essence.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Even more patch notes:

quote:

Support Gem Balance:
Remote Mine's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time.

Unique Item Balance:
Mjölner: Its chance to cast socketed lightning skills on hit has been increased from 30% to 100%. Use a Divine orb if you want your legacy one to change.

Ascendancy Skill Balance Changes:
Unrelenting now has a 25% chance to gain maximum charges on generating an endurance charge (rather than 100%). While we do want the Juggernaut to be effective at generating endurance charges, this made it far too easy and low-effort. It's still very good.
Shaper of Desolation now grants different Confluxes over a fourteen-second cycle: Chilling Conflux for four seconds, Shocking Conflux for four seconds, Igniting Conflux for four seconds and then all three together for two seconds. Each Conflux means that any damage causes that Status Ailment. Elemental Conflux was too powerful. The new version requires more strategy (and doesn't need a kill to get started).
Inevitable Judgement no longer works against other players.

Other Balance Changes:
Players at very high levels (95 and higher) now incur an additional experience penalty equal to 1 - ( 1 / ( 1 + 0.1 * ( level - 94 ) ) ). For example, a level 96 player receives 16.67% less experience than before.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
gently caress yo attempt to get to 100.

And super duper RIP Poison Bladefall Miner

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mo_Steel posted:

I wish they would change how animate weapons works to not be miserable as a playing experience. :(

wait what? AW easily kills red maps, are you using the convocations to teleport them to you as you run? also use the ranged weapons jewels obv

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
As if it wasn't already taking long enough to hit 100. What's even the point of that change?

Also all the stuff that pertains to the Bladefall trapper build shouldn't hurt other ones like Bladefall totems that badly, right?

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

So new mjolner has 100% chance to cast a single spell while the old mlojner had a 30% chance to cast on every spell in the weapon?

I'd say this is a small buff for arc mjolner or something?

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I guess not proccing so often, but much more reliably on single target and small packs is an overall benefit, and makes it more appealing to run supports in the other slots as opposed to more spells to try to trigger. It should cut down on the horrible lag Mjolner can produce too. Though the 500ms cooldown on triggered gems applies to Mjolner now too, right?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

nightwisher posted:

I guess not proccing so often, but much more reliably on single target and small packs is an overall benefit, and makes it more appealing to run supports in the other slots as opposed to more spells to try to trigger. It should cut down on the horrible lag Mjolner can produce too. Though the 500ms cooldown on triggered gems applies to Mjolner now too, right?

Each trigger has a different cooldown. CoC is 500ms but CoMK is 250 and they didn't mention the specifics of any others.

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

nightwisher posted:

ouch forgot about that, 500ms probably brings down the casts on a single multistrike down to 2 at least. Mjolner has been the build that had my interest for the longest and got me in the highestmaps ive ever been, so I really want to try it again :(

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

The Real Foogla posted:

wait what? AW easily kills red maps, are you using the convocations to teleport them to you as you run? also use the ranged weapons jewels obv

Mostly I'm just complaining about having to sit and select each item one by one. If I had the option to just AoE animate all weapons around me that are normal with one click that'd be more enjoyable.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
There's no indication that the 500ms cooldown applies to Mjolner.

You still lose 35% damage from triggered Discharge, but it's still an enormous buff.

ronya fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 1, 2016

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I suppose at worst we're looking at 500ms, and at best maybe 250ms. Dare I dream for 125ms? Either way, I'm also interested in doing a Mjolner build (outside of the low duration stormcall spammer made purely to crash PoE) so I'm really hoping it won't be gimped with the same nerf bat as CoC. With 100% proc rate, I just can't see it being anywhere near the old values, they're pretty dead-set on reducing the framekilling skill-spam that's been enabled over the years.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
I think I managed to squeeze in enough mana to run mind over matter with this molten strike claw templar build as long as I grab a decent amount off of gear. Starting to feel pretty optimistic about this tree overall.

The only thing that has me a little concerned is endgame bosses. I'm going to be leaning on poacher's mark for a good chunk of my life/mana sustain and also to make up for my kinda low accuracy. I'm also going to want a way to generate power charges against them because my elemental dps against resistant targets is going to largely rely on crits for inevitable judgment. Accuracy I can solve partly with +flat on gear, and if I can get some good geminis that should cover life/mana on hit.

Power charges, I don't know the best approach for. Blade vortex-inc crit-pcoc-echo is my current thought. Maybe since all my crit is melee oriented there's some 4L melee setup that would generate them more reliably. Not much experience in this area.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

:frogsiren:ATTENTION KITAVA'S SHOPPERS :frogsiren: :

Hrishi_GGG posted:

<Kitava's Thirst> now reads: 30% chance to Cast Socketed Spells when you Spend at least 100 Mana to Use a Skill

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/501ywo/ggg_kitavas_thirst_does_not_work_with_blood_magic/d70vm03

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
Discharge might not actually be as effective with Mjolner if you're going to be losing all your charges on every hit. The power of Mjolner relied on the non-triggering hits to generate power charges for the triggering hits. If every hit fires off, you'll only ever fire off one power charge, one end charge, or one of both. Toss in the 35% Less and there goes your enormous base damage. You may as well just use Arc.

hmm, actually, maybe not. Will have to think about it.

ronya fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Sep 1, 2016

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

whypick1 posted:

gently caress yo attempt to get to 100.

And super duper RIP Poison Bladefall Miner

I notice they didn't mention the Trap gem. Looks like traps is the place to be! I'm probably gonna try CI Trapper this time. That EA Juggernaught build looks pretty cool too, though.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
I bet the big secret is that if you combine Kitava's, Dual Mjolner and that unrevealed Cospri's Malice that involves triggering gems, you get a build that's almost as good as a pre-nerf CoC build :v:

edit: I'm so glad poison miner took a big nerf. I'm so sick of rolling one every league because it's the cheapest and easiest way to faceroll poo poo you otherwise shouldn't be. It was too powerful and dumb and effective and I ended up hating it.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

rip

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
If you use Discharge and Arc in your Mjolner, as long as your Arc (and Molten Strike) don't crit (which they won't, since you have RT), each will generate a power charge with Romira's. So you'll still be able to go crazy, but with a much higher proc rate - Arc and Discharge will alternate, but it doesn't hurt your DPS as much as you'd guess since each alternation will give you more charges to use on your next Discharge, plus whatever DPS that Arc itself adds.

You'd lose out on one support for that Discharge but there's nothing really good to add to it anyway.

The big news is that you can now put a Slower Projectiles on your Molten Strike, so you don't have half of them missing on a single target.

In overall casts-per-second terms, GGG seems to have decided that three casts 30% of the time ≈ one cast 100% of the time. Except that most Mjolner builds had two spells and a support, not three, so it's going to increase. Not complaining though.

ronya fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Sep 1, 2016

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

NightfallGemini posted:

As if it wasn't already taking long enough to hit 100. What's even the point of that change?
The point is to slow down the nutters who reach it in the first week without impacting normal people.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

NightfallGemini posted:

Also all the stuff that pertains to the Bladefall trapper build shouldn't hurt other ones like Bladefall totems that badly, right?

Nothing in the notes will effect bladefall totems, other than ascendancy choices...I guess. Will be a strong+cheap build.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhDok6M-Xj0

Not sure what exactly this is.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Maybe it's the Shaper's map.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.

ronya posted:

If you use Discharge and Arc in your Mjolner, as long as your Arc (and Molten Strike) don't crit (which they won't, since you have RT), each will generate a power charge with Romira's. So you'll still be able to go crazy, but with a much higher proc rate - Arc and Discharge will alternate, but it doesn't hurt your DPS as much as you'd guess since each alternation will give you more charges to use on your next Discharge, plus whatever DPS that Arc itself adds.

You'd lose out on one support for that Discharge but there's nothing really good to add to it anyway.

The big news is that you can now put a Slower Projectiles on your Molten Strike, so you don't have half of them missing on a single target.

In overall casts-per-second terms, GGG seems to have decided that three casts 30% of the time ≈ one cast 100% of the time. Except that most Mjolner builds had two spells and a support, not three, so it's going to increase. Not complaining though.

update: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/50m90v/spells_in_mj%C3%B6lner_now_has_a_100ms_cooldown/

you pretty much have to use three spells now to get the most of it, I think. Maybe Discharge, Arc, Storm Call?

ronya fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Sep 1, 2016

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
fwiw character slots are on sale today

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Does a Mjolner trigger count as using a skill for the purposes of Orb of Storms?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Does anyone have a ED / Contagion build for 2.4?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

TheRat posted:

I really recommend grabbing Elemental Overload instead of RT. Then you can take the dex/accuracy nodes instead of the pure dex nodes. Also, you really should use blood magic keystone instead of blood magic gem. The life-cost from gem is pretty loving insane.

Here's the jugger EA I ran in 2.3 https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rodent1/characters (EARodent)

actually, im considering an EA jugg/champion as well. whats the advantage of the former over the latter? and would you level with EA, or wait until you have some proper gear (like a quill rain?)

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
jugg is immune to freeze and temporal chains, the latter of which is a packsize mod (and one you never want to run on anything else)

quill rain is a cheap as gently caress lv5 unique thats a couple c at most even early on

EA is a lv28 gem that is poo poo unless leveled up/supported by blood magic (the passive node not the gem) and multiple fire passives in my experience

until then i leveled with firestorm and it was great, I suggest switching when you have blood magic + 1/2 fire nodes (explosive impact +1?)

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I think my goal this league (as well as to beat all of the content) is to start playing with other people more - I did a few dailys and a Pale Council run with goons once or twice, but since I plan on being a Guardian for my own selfish reasons I might as well take advantage of my L23 discipline + PoF with a bunch of aura effectiveness!

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Could I get a guild invite for DevorQuaker?

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

It's badass, that's what.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mikojan posted:

So new mjolner has 100% chance to cast a single spell while the old mlojner had a 30% chance to cast on every spell in the weapon?

I'd say this is a small buff for arc mjolner or something?

RIP legacy mjolner. I feel bad for anyone in standard that bought one at sky high prices.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Mjol has a 100ms cool down and multiple of the same spell share the cool down if I understand it right.

Erz
Sep 9, 2004
Speaking of mjolnirish poo poo:

Heres a billion words about it https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717008

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Shiny. Right-side tree mjolner. Though getting power charges for discharge will be much harder since you want high crit -> Romira's won't work very well. Use Voll's Protector + PCoC instead for 2-charge discharges? Maybe?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

The new cospri's is pretty interesting. Also the Mjolner change is p. interesting and I think people are way underestimating the difference between a 30% chance and a 100% chance, 100ms cool down or no. For fucks sake, the Reddit thread is comparing it to goddess scorned as if they're remotely analogous. Anyway Mjolner or messing with cospri's malice might be a second char for me after I've gotten a bit of currency worked up to support it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I spent two hours in the offline builder last night and I still have no idea what I want to make.

It's that time of year.

• Locked thread