Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

ullerrm posted:

I can nearly guarantee you that Alpha Clones will be locked to only have safety yellow as their max.

That would probably be correct, to be honest. I'm very much for freighter death, but free suicide alts for everybody is pretty clearly not the aim of the program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Voyager I posted:

but free suicide alts for everybody is pretty clearly not the aim of the program.

the current referral system is better than alpha clones could ever be. I have 10 absolutely free PERFECT t2 catalyst pilots for the next 36 days.

The alpha system probably will only allow one alpha per pc, because having an x amount of free alts doing whatever activity would be pretty broken. Honestly, I think ganking would handle it pretty well as many of us already multibox several DPS accounts anyway.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Blacklist is odd. It's an alliances prerogative to decide who should be able to be a member and who shouldn't. But it's not perfect. Some people should probably stay out. Some people were kicked and could've been let back in, but weren't. And some people were kicked for unclear or opaque reasons. But saying "lol if you have a blacklist" in a game is dumb, because black lists can and are totally content drivers, and this lovely game needs more of that.

In summary, free kimsemus.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

the current referral system is better than alpha clones could ever be. I have 10 absolutely free PERFECT t2 catalyst pilots for the next 36 days.

The alpha system probably will only allow one alpha per pc, because having an x amount of free alts doing whatever activity would be pretty broken. Honestly, I think ganking would handle it pretty well as many of us already multibox several DPS accounts anyway.

holy poo poo that's some serious ganking

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Blacklist is odd. It's an alliances prerogative to decide who should be able to be a member and who shouldn't. But it's not perfect. Some people should probably stay out. Some people were kicked and could've been let back in, but weren't. And some people were kicked for unclear or opaque reasons. But saying "lol if you have a blacklist" in a game is dumb, because black lists can and are totally content drivers, and this lovely game needs more of that.

In summary, free kimsemus.

:agreed:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

except the part about freeing kimsemus

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Im pretty excited about it. I have like 10+ accounts and I only have 4 subbed right now so it will be nice to get some use out of my others, even if I just use them as free scouts.

I can't wait to set up 30 VMs and use a command broadcasting software to control all of them.Their current method of detecting input broadcasting wouldn't detect that since they would be different computers and I could see a 30 venture mining fleet being pretty useful.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Elsa posted:

whatever they say about me is true and that's the boring half

They don't say anything about me, and that's the exciting half.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

This reminds me, I have a scouting alt on a third account I made back when CCP had some kind of really cheap deal for alt accounts. I'm wondering if I could revive that one as my alpha-account instead of starting fresh with a new one?

Having a third account I don't have to pay for sounds like it could be fun, since I don't play often enough to PLEX both of my normal accounts and absolutely refuse to pay for more than one account at the same time.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

In summary, free Garr Khan, who did nothing wrong.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Gonna Paco out here guys sorry bear with me:

4th Horseman posted:

You have no idea how many space important and space unimportant people don't want her back. But please, keep working on that cause, rather than someone like Kis.

I did take up the mantle for him in the same drat post dude c'mon. I even said him first and then came in later with the edit about Zeph.

Look -- I'm space unimportant and frankly it's not even me wanting her back at this point -- it's the fact that there hasn't been a good reason given as to why she's not been allowed back. Yes, a good enough reason for other pubbie corps and alliances who kick and blacklist people for dumb poo poo sure. All we got was she sad mean things on the Internet about her former video game guild. Big loving deal. We're supposed to be loving goons and above that petty vindictive bullshit with our own people.

She may have even made up the story about being approached about the Gorski thing. I don't know and I don't really loving care. She talked some poo poo, and went to see if the grass was greener on the other side. It wasn't, so she offered a mea culpa and tried to come back. She didn't steal anyone's space sheckels or lead fleets against the goons or anything like that. There was no goonfucking -- and last time I checked that was pretty much the only rule. Goon exceptionalism and gently caress you for forgetting it.

Lots of people have left us, realized that almost every other collective in the game sucks by comparison, and came back. Why should it be any different for her? Did she hurt the wrong person's spacefeelings? If so then what the gently caress is goon exceptionalism anyway except some stupid term I made up that doesn't mean a loving thing after all? Yes, I know people don't like her. People I like whose opinion I respect A LOT don't like her. Ultimately, though, she's still a goon - and that matters to me. She didn't goonfuck, so from where I'm sitting she gets back in. Same goes for Kis. People sure as gently caress don't like me and I'm still kicking around. Though sticking my neck on the block like this when I'm such an easy target anyway probably isn't the smartest thing I've ever done. Still, this is important enough to me to speak out. Goon. Exceptionalism. It's what separates us from the PLs and TESTs NCdots and BoBs and anyone else who ever tried to play the game as a group. The same game that goons reshaped with their exceptionalism, tenacity and exclusivity. That is the reason I'm railing on about this - it has very little to do with her but about us and what makes us the best.

Rhymenoserous posted:

lol how the gently caress did she get a raw deal? She literally walked out when we were at our lowest while holding a torch to the bridge she was crossing to get away.

We were at our lowest when we had 30,000 shitlers like CO2 and FCON sucking at the teat. Don't get me wrong - losing our home sucked. I lost billions worth of poo poo and I'm still a bit bitter about it because I was moving RL when we evacuated so I didn't get a chance to clear out. Oh well - life goes on no biggie. I loved the little space area I called home and had a great time there. On to bigger and better things, but always a goon. I'm taking a break but I'm sure I'll finish that move to Delve at some point when I'm done loving around with other games and have the time to sink into Eve again. I'm looking forward to it. Of course I am -- I'm a goon after all and we're the best.

i don't think anyone needs a reason to not want someone in their space guild

I think you've been gone long enough now that you forgot how things should work in goonwaffe. You *did* go fuckgoons, so I suppose you wouldn't understand anyway.

To everyone else, I'm sorry about the text wall. Call it sperg if you must or a meltdown or whatever you like, but I know I won't look at this tomorrow and regret posting it. Probably. Unless it cost me my spot - in which case this wasn't the group I signed on for anyway.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Ynglaur posted:

To be fair, Burn Jita will be far easier. No one will need worry about standings: just have 3 dozen Alpha Clones pre-trained and get 200 nerds in poorly-skilled thrashers to hit F1 at the same time. Log out, log in with another Alpha Clone, repeat.

Other fun uses: pre-staging hundreds of Atron or Kestrel or Blackbird alts all over the galaxy. Being an rear end in a top hat third party will be much easier.

Seeding 250-man Caracal fleets all over the galaxy just to go on random poo poo-on-cheerios nullsec roams will be pretty fun. And yeah, gonna be nice for disposable scouts too.

In all honesty though I'm looking forward to this. Also going to make it easier to reactivate lapsed accounts as you'll still be able to log in to get plex, and even if you're space-poor you can probably make the money to buy one eventually, so it might have some good points for returning players.

As long as they don't gently caress this up it'll be nice. On the other hand, CCP.

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004
I looked at the map of delve today, which parts of delve will goonswarm's valued allies be allowed to put up a little flag of their own up on? Also, I've got some vintage glass cannon megathrons in corp hangar who took part in the battle of NOL to defeat the redswarm menace in delve I in kfie, willing to sell as collectors item at a slight markup!

Spice World War II fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Sep 1, 2016

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Shut the gently caress up paco

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011
[quote="Daco Vato" post="""]anyway.
[/quote]

There is no risk to speaking out like this at all, no one will cull you from gsf for it. People in here call mittens all sorts of names all the time nothing happens. You don't get removed from gsf just because of your opinion.

She quit during a time of war. I've seen others do it, gently caress, some people left us to go join dj. Some of them have come back, and even posted about it. They got a welcome back. They didn't shoot us when they left, they didn't start disparaging us when they left.

Have you ever considered that having a blacklist is a deterrent to others doing the same? What if people just bounced in and out whenever they felt like the tide had changed. You're so concerned with her for being left out in the cold you don't care for everyone else still in the corp.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

4th Horseman posted:

You don't get removed from gsf just because of your opinion.

Unless its about the validity of a fishing pact in a Korean MMO.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

dialhforhero posted:

Video Games you are cordially invited to mine with Sigma Squad in Sigma Prime (MJXW-P). If you need help getting here safely let me know.

I have no idea where that is but at some point in the next few days I should have my main ships in Zinkon!
I think from there I can get to Delve and other such places and whatnot!

Thank you for the invite! I have so many its difficult to choose. Maybe I can be blue and help everyone?

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Unless its about the validity of a fishing pact in a Korean MMO.

That's official gsf policy bro

4th Horseman
Jun 3, 2011

VideoGames posted:

I have no idea where that is but at some point in the next few days I should have my main ships in Zinkon!

Thank you for the invite! I have so many its difficult to choose. Maybe I can be blue and help everyone?

Sigma is part of GSF. Just one social club out of dozens.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't seen Dinsdale Piranha post on EVE-O in a long time. Despite this, I found his thoughts on the Freebie function CCP are implementing.

quote:

How many twitch based chars can a single person operate from say, 2 computers sitting side by side?
ie. How many catalysts can a single person make attack a freighter within 15 seconds?

Now gankers don't even have to worry about getting friends.
They can just make clones.

Oh, and the next time someone posts on a forum "get friends", people can just point to this dev blog.

Stupidity on an epic scale.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

I haven't seen Dinsdale Piranha post on EVE-O in a long time. Despite this, I found his thoughts on the Freebie function CCP are implementing.

I miss that guys insane rants at times.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor Bombadil posted:

I miss that guys insane rants at times.

He's busy ranting on Failheap. I vaguely remember he got banned from EVE-O but maybe that was someone else.

quote:

What no one in the Eve forums is talking about is how this is likely just the first step to a true FTP with full-on microtransactions.
CCP is just setting the table, establishing the base format.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Sep 1, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Dinsdale is forum banned on EVE-O.

Which is unfortunate because he was crazy in an amusing way, rather than just annoying like most of the BS that gets posted there.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What did he do/say to get banned?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

What did he do/say to get banned?

I'm not actually sure. Unless he actually posted his ban reason offsite somewhere, its not like we'll really know. Personally I think it was simply that the ISDs got sick of his persistent, relentless criticism of everything and made the appeal based on the volume of the poo poo they had to suppress from him, rather than any one thing.

Edit; probably mod sass got him eventually. He always did take any chance to claim that the moderators/CCP were pro Goons.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Sep 1, 2016

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

VideoGames posted:

Join a squad like Theta or Sigma and get on mumble. There's loads of great people that will be more than happy to chat and help out. I'm in Theta and there's almost always a JU- Standing fleet up that has mining boosts. Your ore hold will fill up faster than you've ever seen.

harlyq
May 9, 2014

The taint is real

VideoGames posted:

I will jf your ships to our mining haven come join me in the glorious belt of ore that has been blessed by space dad himself. On a serious note if you get some blue standings and join goons to mine and chill ill lead you in the way of mining with exhumers combat style. Also its really fun beating up test and laughing at cloaky campers that can not stop you from making billions mining. :) ohh i also have a new toy im trying i think youll get a kick out of it. Join us in theta coms when you get blued.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

VideoGames posted:

You're 16 jumps from GSF space - but these probably aren't the sort of jumps you want to fly any mining or industrial ships through, though.

Paco you are making the same argument as before. Goonfucking can be talking mad amounts of poo poo while joining the enemy analog of the Hitler Youth during the march to "exterminate ze gewns". It seems like everyone but you agrees on this.

You can't really spin it as director corruption or some poo poo like that when literally 99% of the entire alliance agrees with the decision.

Baculus fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Sep 1, 2016

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!

harlyq posted:

I will jf your ships to our mining haven come join me in the glorious belt of ore that has been blessed by space dad himself. On a serious note if you get some blue standings and join goons to mine and chill ill lead you in the way of mining with exhumers combat style. Also its really fun beating up test and laughing at cloaky campers that can not stop you from making billions mining. :) ohh i also have a new toy im trying i think youll get a kick out of it. Join us in theta coms when you get blued.

If there is one thing you can take Harley's word on, its mining.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Reverand maynard posted:

because you're a power climbing snake who got owned by dbrb

okay, just making sure those blacklists weren't being used to settle personal vendettas or anything

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baculus posted:

analog of the Hitler Youth

:laffo:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I think getting all the way to page 476 before :godwin: is a record for Eve threads.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I'm still lollin at the concept that the directorate has to have a reason for decisions they make beyond "get hosed nerd"

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

ChickenWing posted:

I'm still lollin at the concept that the directorate has to have a reason for decisions they make beyond "get hosed nerd"

Of course they don't, it's just funny when "leadership" expects everyone to do what they say within the rules they set, then just sort of gently caress off and do what they want.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Kimsemus posted:

Of course they don't, it's just funny when "leadership" expects everyone to do what they say within the rules they set, then just sort of gently caress off and do what they want.

its v funny, but not for the reasons you think

(the correct reason is because sometimes nerds get really mad about it because they cannot conceive that, despite the facade of benevolence, we're an iron-fisted dictatorship)

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Kimsemus posted:

maybe you shouldn't want to play with people who you see as inconsistent or bad?

but then again, you have a habit of getting banned from things you disagree with, so it's a self correcting problem

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Look man it's really hard to find a comparable organization whose recruitment efforts are targeted towards the young and uninformed, indoctrinating them and eventually turning them into a meat shield... without pissing off a lot of people or coming across as a total :tinfoil: freak, anyway.

But then again we all know the boyscouts is just a front for a joint Army/CIA effort to recruit and cultivate super-soldier assets for use in the field. And that they do this by funneling grant money through several different midwestern savings and loan operations, which use fine Jewry to transfer assets into and out of the Boyscouts of America operating accounts to pay for child prostitution services used by high profile bureaucrats and the most powerful legislators in Washington, D.C.

Those same legislators who happen to run the Armed Forces Strategic Services Committee, the National Security and International Trade and Finance Committee, and Special Committee on Aging.

Aging? Yes, aging! See it actually all goes back to the lizard people - who, as we all know, were the first to discover that having sex with pre-teen boys actually slows, or even reverses the aging process. They first shared their secret with Elizabeth Bathory, but she either misheard them or was just loving crazy because she wound up killing a bunch of girls and bathing in their blood.

Now we all know (thanks to Strategos) that PH members are going inactive - but what if I told you they aren't really going inactive? What if I told you that the youngest members of Pandemic Horde, with their small, supple figures and taught orifices, were being bought and sold on a secret black market like sexual veldspar?

What if I told you that the entire bazaar of writhing human flesh which currently supplies Washington D.C. with pedophilic immortality was run by two EVE players with the political capital and connections you need to run with the beltway pack?

What if I told you these two partners... are The Mittani and Elise Randolph?

Your move, sheeple.

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003

Daco Vato posted:

Gonna Paco out here guys sorry bear with me:

I did take up the mantle for him in the same drat post dude c'mon. I even said him first and then came in later with the edit about Zeph.

Look -- I'm space unimportant and frankly it's not even me wanting her back at this point -- it's the fact that there hasn't been a good reason given as to why she's not been allowed back. Yes, a good enough reason for other pubbie corps and alliances who kick and blacklist people for dumb poo poo sure. All we got was she sad mean things on the Internet about her former video game guild. Big loving deal. We're supposed to be loving goons and above that petty vindictive bullshit with our own people.

She may have even made up the story about being approached about the Gorski thing. I don't know and I don't really loving care. She talked some poo poo, and went to see if the grass was greener on the other side. It wasn't, so she offered a mea culpa and tried to come back. She didn't steal anyone's space sheckels or lead fleets against the goons or anything like that. There was no goonfucking -- and last time I checked that was pretty much the only rule. Goon exceptionalism and gently caress you for forgetting it.

Lots of people have left us, realized that almost every other collective in the game sucks by comparison, and came back. Why should it be any different for her? Did she hurt the wrong person's spacefeelings? If so then what the gently caress is goon exceptionalism anyway except some stupid term I made up that doesn't mean a loving thing after all? Yes, I know people don't like her. People I like whose opinion I respect A LOT don't like her. Ultimately, though, she's still a goon - and that matters to me. She didn't goonfuck, so from where I'm sitting she gets back in. Same goes for Kis. People sure as gently caress don't like me and I'm still kicking around. Though sticking my neck on the block like this when I'm such an easy target anyway probably isn't the smartest thing I've ever done. Still, this is important enough to me to speak out. Goon. Exceptionalism. It's what separates us from the PLs and TESTs NCdots and BoBs and anyone else who ever tried to play the game as a group. The same game that goons reshaped with their exceptionalism, tenacity and exclusivity. That is the reason I'm railing on about this - it has very little to do with her but about us and what makes us the best.

We were at our lowest when we had 30,000 shitlers like CO2 and FCON sucking at the teat. Don't get me wrong - losing our home sucked. I lost billions worth of poo poo and I'm still a bit bitter about it because I was moving RL when we evacuated so I didn't get a chance to clear out. Oh well - life goes on no biggie. I loved the little space area I called home and had a great time there. On to bigger and better things, but always a goon. I'm taking a break but I'm sure I'll finish that move to Delve at some point when I'm done loving around with other games and have the time to sink into Eve again. I'm looking forward to it. Of course I am -- I'm a goon after all and we're the best.

I think you've been gone long enough now that you forgot how things should work in goonwaffe. You *did* go fuckgoons, so I suppose you wouldn't understand anyway.

To everyone else, I'm sorry about the text wall. Call it sperg if you must or a meltdown or whatever you like, but I know I won't look at this tomorrow and regret posting it. Probably. Unless it cost me my spot - in which case this wasn't the group I signed on for anyway.

lmao you fukken nerdlord

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Also I took an Ambien before coming to work this morning. HI GUYS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopGoon[555]
Aug 30, 2003
my 5000 word thesis on space guild admissions practices:

• Locked thread