Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Look at these tough fuckin' car boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

*whoosh*

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

grumplestiltzkin posted:

That's why formula one drivers can take hairpins a insane speeds.

And take chicanes side by side at insane speeds.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Being an F1 driver is pretty much a superpower to begin with though.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Dex posted:

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2016/08/31/irish-people-under-the-impression-government-would-spend-apples-e13bn-on-them/

edit: the only people i've heard saying ireland are happy with the arrangement here are politicians. the same shower of pricks who pull stunts like installing anti-homeless spikes outside of welfare offices while the country is going through a homeless crisis. take a wild guess how tuned in they are.

Still not as bad as when David Cameron and Angela Merkel declared the necessity of austerity measures during a banquet with solid gold dinnerware while sitting on literal golden thrones.

He actually said "Austerity should last for ever and Britain should get used to it" before sipping $10,000 wine from his crystal goblet.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
That tiny golden statue just hanging out on the table in front of the bored aristocrat.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

The look on that guy on the right is just loving perfect.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

So, as an American, I feel compelled to ask this: why are they sitting on thrones? I mean, they do look pretty comfortable and all, but thrones? Even if they weren't talking about austerity, I mean, thrones...seriously?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Azathoth posted:

So, as an American, I feel compelled to ask this: why are they sitting on thrones? I mean, they do look pretty comfortable and all, but thrones? Even if they weren't talking about austerity, I mean, thrones...seriously?

~~TRADITION~~

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Azathoth posted:

That's an event in the City of London, which is older than the country of England, and has been accumulating wealth and power since the Emperor Hadrian; ostentatiousness is kind of their thing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I think a better question is, why have the people not risen up as one and eaten them yet

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I think a better question is, why have the people not risen up as one and eaten them yet

I mean, yeah.

Where is the 1% Assassin?

(I'm copyrighting and trademarking that name, back off pretenders)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I mean, yeah.

Where is the 1% Assassin?

They seek him here, they seek him there ....

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/man-strips-naked-washes-with-milk-after-spraying-bear-spray-in-pants-1.3053326 posted:

Man strips naked, washes with milk after spraying bear spray in pants

PENTICTON, B.C. -- Mounties in Penticton, B.C., say they got quite an eyeful last week after a man peeled off his clothes and began washing himself with milk after inadvertently spraying bear spray down his pants.

RCMP spokesman Cpl. Don Wrigglesworth said officers were called to a local gas station shortly before 2 a.m. on Aug. 24 to find the victim completely naked.

"He was in excruciating pain and vigorously using his shirt to scrub his genitals with homogenized milk in an attempt to relieve the pain," said Wrigglesworth.

The man told police he had been attacked by three unknown men, but Wrigglesworth said an investigation revealed the spray pattern "was consistent with the alleged victim carrying his own can of bear spray and it went off unintentionally."

He said the victim then became uncooperative.

Later that night, police were called to a home and found five people outside rolling on the ground after they, too, were hit with bear spray.

Wrigglesworth said the five were also uncooperative, but told police they were attacked over a debt.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Wow, those police are right cunts.

You investigated the spray pattern? The man was uncooperative? No poo poo.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Platystemon posted:

Wow, those police are right cunts.

You investigated the spray pattern? The man was uncooperative? No poo poo.

The dude reported that he'd been the victim of a crime so they had to investigate.

quote:

The man told police he had been attacked by three unknown men
You have to admit that the story "Three men attacked me and shot me in the dick with bear spray. No they didn't spray it in my face. No they didn't take my wallet. No I can't describe them" is pretty suss.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The dude reported that he'd been the victim of a crime so they had to investigate.

The article doesn’t explicitly say who called the police. I assumed it was someone else calling about a naked man at 2 a.m., but you may be right—the paper probably would have mentioned a third party.

“Oh, BTW, three other people were also bear‐sprayed in the same town on the same night” is pretty :wtf:. Is that sort of thing common in Canada?

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 07:09 on Sep 1, 2016

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Platystemon posted:

The article doesn’t explicitly say who called the police. I assumed it was someone else calling about a naked man at 2 a.m., but you may be right—the paper probably would have mentioned a third party.

“Oh, BTW, three other people were also bear‐sprayed in the same town on the same night” is pretty :wtf:. Is that sort of thing common in Canada?

Probably yeah, Canada are known for bears.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
The first man most likely was the assaulter of the second group, which is why he got bear mace on his dick when he shoved the can back down his pants.:eng101:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Oh man I just remembered a thing.

So, back when I was in high school, they had us do some kind of big research project in the final year. It was meant to give us a better understanding of how the scientific method works, and it had to be about subjects relating to at least two classes you took. For instance, lots of kids did some kind of neat physics experiment and wrote a report about the physics and maths and that covered the two classes.

Me and my project buddies decided to try something different: we'd research if and how it's possible to make a neat science demo class for primary schoolers. So we thought up some chem and physics experiments that could be done safely by 11-yo's, and arranged to try it out in a primary school.

The experiment I came up with was about simple acid-base chemistry. I used classic red cabbage juice as an indicator (the stuff turns bright red in the presence of acid, blue in the presence of base), so I asked my mom to cook a cabbage and collect the juice in a bottle for me. I also grabbed some household goods as safe acids and bases: vinegar, lemon, baking soda, detergent.

Everything went well, the kids were playing around a bit with the stuff I brought, they did the little tests I had put on a sheet for them and answered their questions, until we got to the last question. "What happens when you first add an acid to the indicator, and then add a base?"
The intended answer was of course that the colour changes to red and then back to purple/blue.

But, the kids decided to grab vinegar and baking soda. In case you don't know, the reaction of those two produces a lot of gas, a lot of bubbling. Good mix for launching a bottle rocket.

Anyway, they were working with open beakers so there weren't any explosions, but the bubbling caused the mixture to flow everywhere, over this kid's school desk we were doing the experiment on.

We cleaned it up the best we could - but guess what, the smell of several-day-old cabbage juice cannot be removed by scrubbing. I felt kinda sorry for that kid because she had to spend the rest of her school year at a desk that smelled like old cabbages.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A woman pulls her car in front of a garbage truck and then LOSES HER poo poo because the garbage truck hit her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUsJ6BRJPrc

I think she chased after the truck and pulled in front of it to stop it because he didn't pick up all her trash? He was contracted to pick up four bags but she put five out so he left one.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 09:54 on Sep 1, 2016

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The same nebulous 'something! anything!' people demand be done when there's any kind of shooting. Damned if they know what it is, but there needs to be something done! :bahgawd:
:ssh: The answer is gun control, but you can't say that in our country or the gun-humping morons start hooting and flinging poo poo around.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So do you want the cinema to provide free kevlar with every large popcorn, or

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just distribute one gun to each person who buys a ticket as they enter the theater.

More guns means more safety.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Just distribute one gun to each person who buys a ticket as they enter the theater.

More guns means more safety.

Well to be fair, if the guy is standing at the front of the theatre, everyone would have a good shot at him. 200 people vs. 1? They might hit him!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

U.T. Raptor posted:

:ssh: The answer is gun control, but you can't say that in our country or the gun-humping morons start hooting and flinging poo poo around.

That's just as nebulous as "something" really. Ask 100 people what they think gun control means and you'll get 100 different answers.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Why don't they just not let people into the theatre if they're wearing a tactical vest+grenades+AR15 strapped to their back?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Ak Gara posted:

Why don't they just not let people into the theatre if they're wearing a tactical vest+grenades+AR15 strapped to their back?

Are you volunteering to stop them?

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Pull up Thread! Pull up!

Besides, the bear spray incident in Canada is because of gun control. Instead of guns, people use bear spray as a weapon. That said, using it as a weapon can lead to charges of assault with a weapon and carrying a concealed weapon. It is illegal to carry a product designed for personal protection against a human attack, according to the Criminal Code of Canada. This includes brass knuckles, tasers, and spring loaded batons.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Baby's first Mate tea!

https://i.imgur.com/fe8Si0Z.gifv

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A woman pulls her car in front of a garbage truck and then LOSES HER poo poo because the garbage truck hit her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUsJ6BRJPrc

I think she chased after the truck and pulled in front of it to stop it because he didn't pick up all her trash? He was contracted to pick up four bags but she put five out so he left one.

Haha this is really something. The way she moves and gestures is great. I also like that at the beginning you're like "hahaha this chick is nuts" then the last quarter of the video happens and it becomes apparent that she actually is crazy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dillbag posted:

RCMP spokesman Cpl. Don Wrigglesworth

So is this the most Canadian name on earth or what

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

Haha this is really something. The way she moves and gestures is great. I also like that at the beginning you're like "hahaha this chick is nuts" then the last quarter of the video happens and it becomes apparent that she actually is crazy.

Some one needs to make a gif of her doing the chicken impression and rolling around on the verge. It's like a comedy skit.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Jippa posted:

Some one needs to make a gif of her doing the chicken impression and rolling around on the verge. It's like a comedy skit.

It's so absurd that it's hard to take at face value. I would not be surprised at all if it turns out to be a fake viral attempt.

On the other hand, crazy is as crazy does.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

That's literally the same colour / texture as the ground they're sitting on. :confused: Is 'mate tea' where you just scoop up some dirt and grass, and stick a straw in it? I mean I've seen some health shops do pretty much that but...

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Goes well with mud pies.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Gorilla Salad posted:

Still not as bad as when David Cameron and Angela Merkel declared the necessity of austerity measures during a banquet with solid gold dinnerware while sitting on literal golden thrones.

He actually said "Austerity should last for ever and Britain should get used to it" before sipping $10,000 wine from his crystal goblet.

LOL, loving England, sometimes I forget they still have actual real life hereditary aristocracy

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Ahahahah this is great

Also to the guy asking about what mate is, here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mate_(beverage)

What you expect from this gif is that the baby is gonna be blown away by how bitter and caffeine-rich it is, because this stuff is fairly intensely bitter. My Uruguayan neighbor always wanders around with some in her little gourd cup, pushing it at me because she says it's good for the body and spirit and man NO go away, can't take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
Another good moment in SchadenFIFA. BECKENBAUER :argh:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37246543

quote:

Swiss prosecutors have opened a criminal investigation into German football legend Franz Beckenbauer and three others over Germany's bid for the 2006 World Cup.

As members of that cup's organising committee, they are suspected of fraud, criminal mismanagement, money laundering and misappropriation.

Some of the alleged crimes were carried out on Swiss territory.

Mr Beckenbauer, who headed the bid, has previously denied corruption.

Last October, he said he had made a "mistake" in the bidding process to host the competition in 2000 but denied votes had been bought.

In March, football's world governing body Fifa began looking into six men for their part in Germany winning the rights to host the 2006 cup.