Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Give me some credit I'm going with a radio flyer wagon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I also want to get into nature but I bought cheap gear (also at rei) and signed up for their babby's first hike class next month.
After that I'll see about throwing myself at hiking through death valley

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

SaltLick posted:

Give me some credit I'm going with a radio flyer wagon

Protip: pack a spare wheel

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Don't forget the raisins

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

mfcrocker posted:

Champagne flutes are basically always wrong though; they don't offer any aroma at all. Just use a bloody wine glass

Tiffany flutes are nice, they don't narrow at the top and you get a pretty reasonable nose out of more delicate champagnes. We use our bulk cheap flutes for mimosas ($10-15 sparkling wine, OJ, float of grand mariner). Otherwise for middling champagne I just toss it in a big red glass maybe with an ice cube and call it a day.

OSU_Matthew posted:

Pro-tip, avoid old crystal glassware, especially things like decanters. Lead is/was a component in crystal glass, and it's possible for it to leach out, especially if you've got alcohol stored in a decanter for a long period of time.

Says the guy who bought the house with asbestos siding and lead paint

We have a bunch of old leaded crystal. We don't store anything in it for that very reason, just use it for immediate drinking.

:ssh:

I wonder if my 1947 house with plaster walls has lead? Hint: There's a reason I bought the 8-pack instead of the 2-pack.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Wow! I haven't seen that since it came out. Had no idea it was on Bluray.

That horrible cover art belongs on a pinball machine. For comparison here's John Alvin's awesome poster:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've never heard of this movie but that cover and poster makes me want to buy it.

Is it entertaining or just really bad and goofy?

I just started a recurring donation to Max Fun because I listen to over half of their podcasts and hate feeling like a vulture.

TouchToneDialing
Jul 21, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I've never heard of this movie but that cover and poster makes me want to buy it.

I just started a recurring donation to Max Fun because I listen to over half of their podcasts and hate feeling like a vulture.

Its Rocky Horror Picture show meets Phantom of the Opera meets the story of Faust. Its early Brian DePalma, it has some weird plot things but its a fantastic movie.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SOLD

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Inzombiac posted:

It's all three. No actors/crew are good at their jobs but it's so weird and goofy it's still super entertaining.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Coredump posted:

Confession time:the shoes were a gift for my girlfriend

Also what festival you hitting up on Friday?

Wow, why give away something so valuable?!

I hit Imagine Festival, and wore those shoes pretty much the entire time I was there. For some cheap chinese shoes, they worked fantastic, and were incredibly comfortable. Obviously, the soles were thin like skate shoes, and left something to be desired for walking/dancing on blacktop. Still, they were very comfortable, and I got to be among the masses of kool kids who also bought a pair for the festival.

Battery lasted hours on the color wash mode, too.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Maybe if you pretend it's 1974 and you're 8 that will help. After my brother and I saw it he bought the album and I played the poo poo out of it. It's weird and awkward but has some cool stuff in it and a few great songs. A forgotten 1970s time capsule.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Coydog posted:

Wow, why give away something so valuable?!

I hit Imagine Festival, and wore those shoes pretty much the entire time I was there. For some cheap chinese shoes, they worked fantastic, and were incredibly comfortable. Obviously, the soles were thin like skate shoes, and left something to be desired for walking/dancing on blacktop. Still, they were very comfortable, and I got to be among the masses of kool kids who also bought a pair for the festival.

Battery lasted hours on the color wash mode, too.

I was at Gridlife at Road Atlanta this weekend. I'm an old man and wear foam ear plugs when I go to a place blasting edm.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Coredump posted:

I was at Gridlife at Road Atlanta this weekend. I'm an old man and wear foam ear plugs when I go to a place blasting edm.

I did some production work at a bunch of big festivals last summer I discovered that I'm now such an old man you literally cannot pay me to attend another one. Whatever happened to just putting a PA system in an old warehouse, or the wood somewhere?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Coredump posted:

I'm an old man, what's edm

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Raves have been around over 20 years

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

PCOS Bill posted:

Nothing, what's ed'matta with you AH HA HA HA

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

PCOS Bill posted:

electric dick mangler, mang.

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer

PCOS Bill posted:

even doom music

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

PCOS Bill posted:

It's UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE YOU GOT SOME MOLLY? UNCE UNCE *bass drop* UNCE UNCE UNCE *robot sex noise* UNCE UNCE UNCE.

I love edm.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Coredump posted:

It's UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE YOU GOT SOME MOLLY? UNCE UNCE *bass drop* UNCE UNCE UNCE *robot sex noise* UNCE UNCE UNCE.

I love edm.

Ringwald?

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Coredump posted:

Lot's of my friends hit that one. I heard it was a great time. I have always worn ear protection, except for my first concert. That time, my ears were bleeding and I looked over to see the security wearing ear plugs. It seemed like a brilliant idea and I've never gone back.

Wearing earplugs doesn't make you old, it makes you hardcore. Don't gently caress around with your body. Wear earplugs, drink water, enjoy yourself.

bongwizzard posted:

I did some production work at a bunch of big festivals last summer I discovered that I'm now such an old man you literally cannot pay me to attend another one. Whatever happened to just putting a PA system in an old warehouse, or the wood somewhere?

It's ok to just not enjoy something without conjuring up some back patting "I'm old" moniker. Do what you love, and don't lie to yourself about your reasons for doing it. I'm not going out as much as I used to, because my time is filled with other things that I love and can afford to do now. The bulk of the lovely events I used to go to were because I wasn't connected yet with the right people to get to the really good ones. I didn't really enjoy them then, and don't attend because I still don't enjoy them.

They still do warehouse/woods events all the time. Sorry you aren't cool enough to get invited to them?

Wind Pouch had a couple booths at Imagine, had my favorite color, and was the perfect place to use such a thing. I've been meaning to pick one up for months, so I was really happy to see them. It's like laying on a cloud, and really easy to set up. Using it 200ft from main stage was like laying directly on a the subwoofers, since the chair picks up all the sound waves. It was :aaaaa:
https://windpouch.com/

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Coydog posted:

Wind Pouch had a couple booths at Imagine, had my favorite color, and was the perfect place to use such a thing. I've been meaning to pick one up for months, so I was really happy to see them. It's like laying on a cloud, and really easy to set up. Using it 200ft from main stage was like laying directly on a the subwoofers, since the chair picks up all the sound waves. It was :aaaaa:
https://windpouch.com/

I bought another brand of the same thing and the nylon outer shell tore apart the first time I sat on it. Made me feel like a clumsy fatass, which I am pretty sure I am not.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yeah, when the original is such a deal at $80 (I expected $200+), I don't see the point in buying a weak knockoff to just save a few dollars. You make me even more happy to have gotten the real thing. I had near the weight limit on it with multiple people many times, and it never seemed like it was going to break.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

$15 off at Dick's was the best I was going to do for a while

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Coydog posted:

It's ok to just not enjoy something without conjuring up some back patting "I'm old" moniker. Do what you love, and don't lie to yourself about your reasons for doing it. I'm not going out as much as I used to, because my time is filled with other things that I love and can afford to do now. The bulk of the lovely events I used to go to were because I wasn't connected yet with the right people to get to the really good ones. I didn't really enjoy them then, and don't attend because I still don't enjoy them.

They still do warehouse/woods events all the time. Sorry you aren't cool enough to get invited to them?

That is the most ernest response to a flippant remark I have seen in a while.

My favorite new thing is people who leave their wrist bands on for weeks after the event like some super lame and gross jewelry, please enjoy your festivals but don't be one of these people.

To add to the thread:

Bought a vintage pistol grip casting rod. Going to pair it with an Japanese finesse reel and complete my transformation into a fishing-hipster.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Why would you use brittle vintage? Just hang it up on the wall and buy new.

Abu Garcias? Had one from 92 last me until 2015 before the drag ring dissolved.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
It was $40 shipped and I want to see if I really really like them before I get a custom one made. Also the actual old Lews grips are very well made and the rod builder could reuse it with a modern blank.

Its all dumb anyway, there is nothing a finesse casting rig can do that a spinning rig cant, other then maybe faster pitch casting to close cover. I just really like fishing light plastics/jigs and think a little pistol grip rig would be hella fun.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
Concert tickets, it's time for Classic Rock At The State Fair.

Foreigner tomorrow night, and Huey Lewis and the News on Sunday night.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Preordered Pokemon Moon cart. Wish I could get a digital download cheaper, but there's a Prime discount on the cart so that's the way I'm goin

Broke down and bought the scum pack because trying to get all the ships for both rebel and imperial wasn't enough

Champion Gusto, no clue about them but there's not exactly a large selection of sneakers to fit 14 EE so I'll give em a try

And semester's starting next week, Digital Design is the only book I know I'll need for sure. Might need Structured Computer Organization, but I think I can get away with not buying that one. gently caress textbook prices

No picture, but booked a hotel room in Chicago with friends for this weekend. Gonna eat all the food and go to all the museums and the aquarium in this last weekend before the grueling school year starts :suicide:

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
20% price drop seemed like a good reason to replace my 9 year old helmet.

Can't wait to ride around looking like a golf ball (or is it a wasp nest?)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That is honestly creepy looking.

Like, you can paint it and make some sort of horrifying halloween costume out of it.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

That is honestly creepy looking.

Like, you can paint it and make some sort of horrifying halloween costume out of it.

http://imgur.com/eQwiQ1H

edit: why aren't imgur images working now?

Trastion has a new favorite as of 13:51 on Sep 1, 2016

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Trastion posted:

http://imgur.com/eQwiQ1H

edit: why aren't imgur images working now?

because you used the wrong link. They changed how to get the "share link"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

KingColliwog posted:

because you used the wrong link. They changed how to get the "share link"

Man, someone should just make a browser extension that sees the new, not-embedded, link that Imgur gives by default now and just switches it out for the embedded link.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Bagarthach posted:

Catlikes are nice and stay super cool but they don't fit my head very well. I'm a Kask convert, Mojito 4 lyfe. Anyway this is a nice helmet, good purchase etc.!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

DrBouvenstein posted:

Man, someone should just make a browser extension that sees the new, not-embedded, link that Imgur gives by default now and just switches it out for the embedded link.
Imagus is nice. Won't embed, but shows images on mouseover. Works with links to imgur albums as well, which saves a lot of going to pages where you don't really want to be.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bagarthach posted:

Larvae boob.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I'm triggered. That helmet reminds me of those bot fly pictures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

DrBouvenstein posted:

I made a User JS script that inlined images linked between :nws: or :nms: tags back when we had the imgur. The results were... interesting.