Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org
When I dont want things spoilered I usually stay away from things that could spoil it for me. I think this is because im not a loving moron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Triggered posted:

When I dont want things spoilered I usually stay away from things that could spoil it for me. I think this is because im not a loving moron.

This post would make sense if he went into a game of thrones spoiler discussion thread or something.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Triggered posted:

yeah exactly my point dude.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It seems pretty obvious that if you care about anything you should stay far, far away from the Something Awful forums. I'm a giant prick.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
all im saying is if lowtax cares about his forum quality dropping and no new members joining then stop doing things that new make people stay far, far away from the Something Awful forums

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Sep 1, 2016

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Spoiler Alert: game of thrones is for children.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Applewhite posted:

You ruined it!!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Jon Snow get he dick sucked.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if you still care about game of thrones spoilers sa is not the place for you and im gonna make drat sure of it

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

game of thrones
made by hasbro

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

thathonkey posted:

if you still care about spoilers sa is not the place for you and im gonna make drat sure of it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

all im saying is if lowtax cares about his forum quality dropping and no new members joining then stop doing things that new make people stay far, far away from the Something Awful forums

the posters do a much better job of that

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I'm fine with spoilers if somebody paid money for them. Ads, avatar changes? Awesome. Forum titles? Nah.

One of the great things about SA is that you have a dozen sub-forums and you have no clue what happens in most of them. You might catch a glimpse of them through avatars, gangtags, emoticons and signatures but there's absolutely no reason to even set a foot in them unless you want to. A forum title change to spite people who don't even read that (sub-)forum kinda shits over that. So yeah, I understand that complaint even if it involves a television show which has a long history of goons messing with goons.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

thathonkey posted:

if you still care about game of thrones spoilers sa is not the place for you and im gonna make drat sure of it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
everyone who likes most popular hit tv show ever must stay away from SA

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I'm only half sjw on my mother's side.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

pissing in someone's Cheerios in an inconsequential way is funny

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
So this is what it boils down to? The right to be funny by pissing in people's cheerios? The poo poo is lame and depresses Lowtax. Feel bad.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

it's not the pissing itself it's the, "someone put urine in my cheerios, please do a thing about it. now I cannot eat these cheerios. I'm not mad I swear. It's just that it's dumb to put urine in breakfast cereal" reaction

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mierenneuker posted:

I'm fine with spoilers if somebody paid money for them. Ads, avatar changes? Awesome. Forum titles? Nah.

One of the great things about SA is that you have a dozen sub-forums and you have no clue what happens in most of them. You might catch a glimpse of them through avatars, gangtags, emoticons and signatures but there's absolutely no reason to even set a foot in them unless you want to. A forum title change to spite people who don't even read that (sub-)forum kinda shits over that. So yeah, I understand that complaint even if it involves a television show which has a long history of goons messing with goons.

forum titles do make lowtax a lot of money

ive had one group of people spend about $250 on my avatar

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Man, continental breakfasts have always sucked.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I bought a custom avatar for someone once when I was manic, to deal what I'm sure was a sick burn only in my addled head at the time. I consider that upkeep for my forums use. Buying petty poo poo is what makes this site great.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

gohmak posted:

So this is what it boils down to? The right to be funny by pissing in people's cheerios? The poo poo is lame and depresses Lowtax. Feel bad.

I think game of thrones spoilers are a pretty miniscule aspect of GBS or SA as a whole. Like, so small that of all the potential problems one might have, it seems like a waste of energy to zero in on them.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'm campaigning on a platform to bring a delicious burger king meal to every GBS goon. Also if you want to "improve" gbs please actually post there, don't just drop into this thread and QCS up the joint

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Captain Yossarian posted:

I'm campaigning on a platform to bring a delicious burger king meal to every GBS goon. Also if you want to "improve" gbs please actually post there, don't just drop into this thread and QCS up the joint

I never post in GBS, but I would if it conformed to my very very specific tastes.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
im not mad I just didn't want to post here any more

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Sid Vicious posted:

im not mad I just didn't want to post here any more

Don't you and Apple white still post here all the time though? Or at least a lot in the last six months that I can remember

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

Captain Yossarian posted:

Don't you and Apple white still post here all the time though? Or at least a lot in the last six months that I can remember

i was making fun of that guy

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Germstore posted:

it's not the pissing itself it's the, "someone put urine in my cheerios, please do a thing about it. now I cannot eat these cheerios. I'm not mad I swear. It's just that it's dumb to put urine in breakfast cereal" reaction

Have trolling standards dropped so far that the best people can muster is a minor inconvenience, where the gotcha moment is when the victim declares "Well that wasn't very nice."?

"I like to see people react to things they dislike with a measured/tepid response" is an odd way to try to justify things, in times gone by people generally wanted to see meltdowns for their efforts.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Applewhite posted:

this is correct

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Applewhite posted:

I think game of thrones spoilers are a pretty miniscule aspect of GBS or SA as a whole. Like, so small that of all the potential problems one might have, it seems like a waste of energy to zero in on them.

The people who make the biggest deal out of it are the ones spoiling it so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
if you don't stop spoiling TV shows here on something nice and never rude dot com I'm going to be mad as the dickens

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Germstore posted:

the dudes making the most noise are the ones making GBS threads in the sandbox :shrug:

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 1, 2016

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Sid Vicious posted:

if you don't stop spoiling TV shows here on something nice and never rude dot com I'm going to be mad as the dickens

but its usually one person saying "yeah thats a dick move" and then a hundred people dog piling on him calling him a pussy, its gbs trying to be edgy and predictably beating a dead horse

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
you don't have to act like a dick at every possible opportunity

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org

Vargs posted:

This post would make sense if he went into a game of thrones spoiler discussion thread or something.

"Hmmm SA has a long history of spoiling shows, films and books. Let me head over to SA to see whats going on there today" :downsbravo:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

the dudes making the most noise are the ones making GBS threads in the sandbox :shrug:

I don't ever post spoilers. But I've picked my side.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

lohli posted:

Have trolling standards dropped so far that the best people can muster is a minor inconvenience, where the gotcha moment is when the victim declares "Well that wasn't very nice."?

"I like to see people react to things they dislike with a measured/tepid response" is an odd way to try to justify things, in times gone by people generally wanted to see meltdowns for their efforts.

nice meltdown

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Applewhite posted:

ok i see why now

i didnt mean it like that, it was more as an example that I used cause it was lowtax himself doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Luvcow posted:

The people who make the biggest deal out of it are the ones spoiling it so I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

which is why the people who spoil game of thrones are making a bunch of whining posts about it being spoiled for them

lohli posted:

I don't know what internet wasteland you learned to troll on but it's about minimum effort versus maximum response. Someone just had to watch that retarded show and post a thread with spoilers in the title and people are still being triggered by it months later, which is pretty effective even discounting all the rage in the threads themselves

• Locked thread