Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SirPablo posted:

MY WIFE works at an inner city, Hispanic dominant elementary school in Phoenix. She tells me the kids talk about Trump and are really scared. Elementary school.

:cry:

Is Phoenix in Arpaio territory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sooner rather than later

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

how do you bleach an e-mail??

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

prefect posted:

Is it really a false equivalency? She's saying that Clinton's no-talking-to-the-press thing is a problem, not an equivalent problem.

she's basically framing them in the same breath, she's calling them equal regardless

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

prefect posted:

Is it really a false equivalency? She's saying that Clinton's no-talking-to-the-press thing is a problem, not an equivalent problem.

You tell me:
https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/771341561846239232

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

SirPablo posted:

MY WIFE works at an inner city, Hispanic dominant elementary school in Phoenix. She tells me the kids talk about Trump and are really scared. Elementary school.

:cry:

What do you got to lose

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

egon_beeblebrox posted:

how do you bleach an e-mail??

you take the piece of paper your staffer printed out and pour bleach on it :confused:

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Epic High Five posted:

Did 2012 have this many weekly trackers? Were they this ridiculously unstable and out of whack with literally every other non-tracking poll?

Rasmussen has always been out of whack with other polls.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Epic High Five posted:

Maybe Trump is onto something with his, "repeal the first amendment and put the press in camps" platform.....

Luckily Clinton hates them too so there's a good chance they start getting shut out of things for being dumbass shitlords no matter who wins

In a country with a free press, the nature of that press is surely a reflection of the population and the culture. I mean, it looks like there simply isn't a great deal of demand or stomach for a more aggressive press, otherwise that aggressive press would exist.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

christ almighty you guys make it seem like being a president is an easy job

imagine going to a job where you know for a fact that 3/4s of the company hates you and are only putting up with you until your contractual obligation is up. and now imagine you have to work with these people every single day and are utterly dependent on them to get anything done, and if the company fails, you take 90% of the blame.

I'm not saying "pity Nieto" here, so much as "let's laugh at Nieto for this dumb stunt that's going to make his next two years even shittier"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/donald-trump-hispanic-leaders-arizona-immigration-227615

Several Hispanic Trump surrogates reconsider support

quote:

“I was a strong supporter of Donald Trump when I believed he was going to address the immigration problem realistically and compassionately,” said Monty, a Houston attorney who has aggressively made the Latino case for Trump. “What I heard today was not realistic and not compassionate.”

He withdrew from the board following Trump’s speech in Phoenix
, which was heavy on calls for border security and emphasized that all immigrants in the country illegally were subject to deportation.

When we met [earlier in August] he was going to approach this issue with a realistic plan, a compassionate plan, with a plan that was not disruptive to the immigrants that were here that were not lawbreakers,” said Monty, one of the Latino leaders who met with the candidate at Trump Tower recently, a gathering at which Trump reportedly softened his tone toward undocumented immigrants already in the country. “He didn’t deliver any of that.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

zoux posted:

Donald Trump literally left his entire press pool in AZ while he went to a different country, but lets ignore that so that this slight violation of campaign press tradition will seem equally as bad.

Press tradition is a sacred trust, how dare you.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slate Action posted:

National GE poll - Rasmussen
8/29 - 8/30 - 1,000 LV
this is a weekly tracking poll

Trump 40 (+2)
Clinton 39 (-1)
Johnson 7 (-2)
Stein 3 (+1)

I Came

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://talk.donaldjtrump.com/User/NonDisclosureAgreement

Trump is still making all campaign volunteers, even like phone bankers sign non-disclosure, non-disparagement, non-compete contracts. :psyduck:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Xenophon posted:

wake up, see Giuliani and Sessions wore a Make Mexico Great Again Also hat, rub eyes, continue to see hat, question reality

She got ripped apart for drawing an equivalence between Anthony Weiner cheating on Huma and Bannon beating his ex-wife, too. And deservedly. She's quickly climbing the ranks of my "least favorite reporter" standings.

The media dragging HRC through the mud for 25 years, forcing false equivalencies and horse-race garbage between her campaign and Trump's, and then having the gall to whine about HRC being reluctant to grant them access is one of the most infuriating things about this cycle for me. Why the gently caress should she willingly subject herself to more of that bullshit?

Anyway here's some other news from Bloomberg:

looks like you worked for usa free, dumb kids

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I've gotta wonder just what the gently caress the Hispanic outreach people for Trump were expecting when they got on board the party supported by the American Nazi Party and KKK, that kicked everything off by calling Mexicans rapist thieves?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Three Olives posted:

Trump is still making all campaign volunteers, even like phone bankers sign non-disclosure, non-disparagement, non-compete contracts. :psyduck:

forecasts of trump's ability to raise money are vastly underrating the pool of money available from constant litigation against his own campaign

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Three Olives posted:

Let's be fair here. Trump's terrible business practices are so well-known by now that you really have no one else to blame but yourself if you choose to work for him.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I wondered when they were going to notice that Hillary isn't giving them anything to pounce on, thus denying them the precious horse race

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Samuel Clemens posted:

Let's be fair here. Trump's terrible business practices are so well-known by no that you really have no one else to blame but yourself if you choose to work for him.

I would like to think they would find another career or find another company if that was the case

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Xenophon posted:

Anyway here's some other news from Bloomberg:

quote:

The USA Freedom Kids dance troupe that became a media sensation after their January performance at a Florida Trump rally is suing the presidential hopeful’s campaign.

That is one way of saying everyone was creeped the gently caress out by them.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mirthless posted:

christ almighty you guys make it seem like being a president is an easy job

imagine going to a job where you know for a fact that 3/4s of the company hates you and are only putting up with you until your contractual obligation is up. and now imagine you have to work with these people every single day and are utterly dependent on them to get anything done, and if the company fails, you take 90% of the blame.

I'm not saying "pity Nieto" here, so much as "let's laugh at Nieto for this dumb stunt that's going to make his next two years even shittier"

yeah the one benefit is the cases where the person being poo poo on by everyone totally deserves it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maybe the media should idk not traffic in ridiculous republican slurs if it wants hillary to respect them.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

I've gotta wonder just what the gently caress the Hispanic outreach people for Trump were expecting when they got on board the party supported by the American Nazi Party and KKK, that kicked everything off by calling Mexicans rapist thieves?

Probably something like 'English is my first language and I have a job, so this doesn't have anything to do with me.' The idea that all Hispanics are single issue voters about immigration is kind of silly, but Trump's rhetoric is heated and racist enough that even the assimilated second and third generation immigrants are finding it hard to justify sticking around now.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"look sorry we don't want to pursue these dumbass lines of questioning but our boss is an arch-conservative dinosaur who is in love with Trump and says we have to or we're canned so sorry it's going to be 30 questions about your e-mails that Comey answered already but we're going to pretend he didn't, and a hundredth request for verification that you aren't having seizures 24/7"

"Wait what do you mean you aren't going to hold any more press conferences :qq: THIS IS AN OUTRAGE :qq:"

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Slate Action posted:

Jill Stein is running as a full on spoiler and she doesn't give a gently caress

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/771339838192844800

If Stein's goal is to drag the democratic party to the left by forcing them not take the votes of progressives for granted, then I guess this makes sense.

Her goal however should be to get to the green party to 15% by campaigning in safe blue states like Minnesota, Vermont and California where a bunch of white liberal voters won't get the feel bads that they might be handing their state to Trump if they don't vote Clinton.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

"look sorry we don't want to pursue these dumbass lines of questioning but our boss is an arch-conservative dinosaur who is in love with Trump and says we have to or we're canned so sorry it's going to be 30 questions about your e-mails that Comey answered, and a hundredth request for verification that you aren't having seizures 24/7"

"Wait what do you mean you aren't going to hold any more press conferences :qq: THIS IS AN OUTRAGE :qq:"

Exactly

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Three Olives posted:

hmm since he's donald trump the odds that he is just printing out some trump business forms on different letterhead are almost 100%, so when these get challenged in court, if it's not challenged on politics-specific grounds we might get to see all of trump's nda etc. agreements, political and business, from the past several years invalidated

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I doubt those no disclosures are enforceable against volunteers.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

If Stein's goal is to drag the democratic party to the left by forcing them not take the votes of progressives for granted, then I guess this makes sense.

Her goal however should be to get to the green party to 15% by campaigning in safe blue states like Minnesota, Vermont and California where a bunch of white liberal voters won't get the feel bads that they might be handing their state to Trump if they don't vote Clinton.

LOL if you think her goal is anything more than more press for Jill Stein. Third party candidates don't really have a history of being party loyalists once they stop running themselves, and 15% very obviously isn't happening this election.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

"bimbo" and "ram ... down her loving throat" is not a good combo

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Squizzle posted:

hmm since he's donald trump the odds that he is just printing out some trump business forms on different letterhead are almost 100%, so when these get challenged in court, if it's not challenged on politics-specific grounds we might get to see all of trump's nda etc. agreements, political and business, from the past several years invalidated

"Your honor, I think you'll find that I in no way disparaged Trump LLC, with whom I signed that contract, when I wrote my tell all book about my bosses at the totally unaffiliated Trump 2016."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh no not convention !!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Didn't he write most of My Struggle in prison lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

zoux posted:

This guy is a troll, do not respond to him.

Zoux, he did it! He posted in C-SPAM!

You know what you must do.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/fredericlambert/status/771337821902757888

Pretty sure Bannon blew up a shuttle to change the narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/771338375165018112

This is why I was posting about the 49er player earlier. It all connects

*tries to step carefully through a floor festooned with red ribbons*

• Locked thread