Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

astrollinthepork posted:

Am I the only one that can't stand the term street fighter for unfaired/wrecked bikes? Wtf is that even supposed to imply besides idiocy?

I can't stand it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Pope Mobile posted:

Do you braid it into a cute pony tail before you go riding?

He does and it's hilarious. Someone post the pic.

Sagebrush posted:

I usually throw back "Yeah, for sure! As long as I ride fast enough that I get home before the water leaks into my ignition points and kills the engine, I'll be fine!"

then while they're still trying to figure out how to respond i burn out on their lawn and rip a sick wheelie all the way down the street

Got a new sparkplug boot seal thing for the DRZ. I don't have that problem anymore :v:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I remember riding through a particularly heavy storm one day after work and ending up with an sv325.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Man I missed all the fun

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Maybe if you had a faster bike you'd have been able to keep up.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

*wheelies in on 600cc*

What's going on here? I missed the party? How did Space Whale keep up?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Renaissance Robot posted:

I bought a 600cc i4 after 7 months on a 125 and nobody made this much fuss, guess nobody cares and you're all okay with me killing myself :qq:

brb, gonna pop a ton of blues and cannon my poo poo off the white cliffs of dover

you probably should, not for your choice of bike, but your choice of reference, you mod ponce.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

goddamnedtwisto posted:

you mod ponce.

Says the guy riding an Italian bike :v:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
nsaP is good people to me, I was in the people you share a road with thread or something, talking about scorching on-ramps in the Miata, and it was literally his post about taking the MSF that finally got me to do it. It was over a year before I actually stumbled into the circumstances that pushed me to buy a bike, but I'll not forget the person that helped me get into this nutso business of riding on two wheels. Which I haven't done in far too long because of work. Gonna ride in today though!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm a little disappointed. I put on a new set of Angel GTs this spring and I'm at a bit over 7k miles right now and the rear is getting close to where I start thinking about replacement. It looks like I'll be lucky to get 9k miles out of it safely :( Front looks brand new still, of course.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Pcos, given the way you generate controversy you might as well go dark side on your bike.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Really? I'm at over 10,000+ on my angels and have plenty of tread left.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Sagebrush posted:

I usually throw back "Yeah, for sure! As long as I ride fast enough that I get home before the water leaks into my ignition points and kills the engine, I'll be fine!"

LOOK I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF Y'ALL RIPPING ON ME BECAUSE I LIKE BUELLS

It hurts because it's too true

clutchpuck fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 30, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm a little disappointed. I put on a new set of Angel GTs this spring and I'm at a bit over 7k miles right now and the rear is getting close to where I start thinking about replacement. It looks like I'll be lucky to get 9k miles out of it safely :( Front looks brand new still, of course.

How often do you check tire pressure and what bike is it on? I bought mine specifically because people claimed they were getting 10k+, even with large torquey bikes.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Those high mile tires like to be on the high side of pressure to last the longest. And they're made for a touring use pattern, so like long steady speed stretches where you're on the hard center compound a lot.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I put a set of Angel GTs on my bike and they have at least a hundred miles on them.

I hope they last!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

How often do you check tire pressure and what bike is it on? I bought mine specifically because people claimed they were getting 10k+, even with large torquey bikes.

Every couple days, VFR800, they rarely drop below 42 psi even if I don't check for longer.

Of course, I might just be a fussy baby with another 10k miles of life in it and just worrying too much

PCOS Bill fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 30, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

captainOrbital posted:

I put a set of Angel GTs on my bike and they have at least a hundred miles on them.

I hope they last!

What did you get out of your first set?

PCOS Bill posted:

Every couple days, VFR800, they rarely drop below 42 psi even if I don't check for longer.

Of course, I might just be a fussy baby with another 10k miles of life in it and just worrying too much

Mine run at 36, usually.

How do you like the tire otherwise?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

Mine run at 36, usually.

How do you like the tire otherwise?

They're perfect in every way. Honestly, if I get 10k miles out of them I've gotten a steal. I ride in all weather, go from normal highway speed to "You sure you really want to keep that license?" regularly, they've never let me down, and they really aren't even at much of a premium, it was like $300 for the set from Revzilla if I remember right.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Chichevache posted:

They were the stock tars that came on the FZ09 from the factory; the bike had like 5200 miles on the clock when I bought it so not that long I guess.

The old dude had a photo of himself riding a dirtbike doing a wheelie down a road, and it was mounted in his moto workshop so I'm sure he had his share of fun on those tars.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

captainOrbital posted:

They were the stock tars that came on the FZ09 from the factory; the bike had like 5200 miles on the clock when I bought it so not that long I guess.

The old dude had a photo of himself riding a dirtbike doing a wheelie down a road, and it was mounted in his moto workshop so I'm sure he had his share of fun on those tars.

Derp, I thought you said you had just put on your second set. My bad.

PCOS Bill posted:

They're perfect in every way. Honestly, if I get 10k miles out of them I've gotten a steal. I ride in all weather, go from normal highway speed to "You sure you really want to keep that license?" regularly, they've never let me down, and they really aren't even at much of a premium, it was like $300 for the set from Revzilla if I remember right.

That's how I feel. I think I picked up a front and rear from my local brick and mortar for about $270. I think I will probably try PR4s next just so I've had more variety, but I'm pretty happy with Angels as long as I get them that cheap.

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
I got a screamin' deal recently from Bike Bandit for a pair of Michelin Streets (the only ones that fit my teeny biek), so $240 for a pair. My previous set lasted me about 13k miles, so I feel pretty good about buying them again.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
loving goddamn piece of poo poo drivers. It's night time, turn your goddamn headlights on.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
But they are on! (points to DRL's)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Coydog posted:

But they are on! (points to DRL's)

Fuuuuucking people. I see at least 3 people like this on my commute home each day.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I was followed the other day by some kind of Audi or Tesla (with the LED eyebrows) with one working headlight, horribly misaimed, and one that was burned out with only the eyebrow running. Looked really weird.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Z3n posted:

Fuuuuucking people. I see at least 3 people like this on my commute home each day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqe38zsZs00

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
In Sydney the thing is fucktards driving around with no headlights on, because fog lights are perfectly capable of filling that role. Especially if they've fitted HID kits to them!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

In new zealand the thing is fucktards driving with their lights turned off completely because the dash lights are lit all the time.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

As cars with factory HID lights start to get cheap on the used market we're going to see this a lot, 'cause those tickets are insane money to replace, and DRLs are "good enough"

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
Amateurs, in Seattle they drive with no lights at night in the rain

...uphill, both ways, with a cell phone in each hand

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I didn't realize anyone was doing it on purpose. I just assumed it was morons who don't know the lights are off.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Day Man posted:

I didn't realize anyone was doing it on purpose. I just assumed it was morons who don't know the lights are off.
I'm fairly certain this is the case, but who am I to get in the way of goonrage?

Lynza
Jun 1, 2000

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."
- Robert A. Heinlein
It was a total pea-souper this morning on my ride in. Thick fog, extremely low visibility. Did anyone have their headlights on?

NOPE.

Not even trucks.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Trip report: still have a girlfriend, still getting a bike.

Turns out conversations work, folks!

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
You should sever anyway.

My rant is related to selling on craigslist, and everything related to human beings who steal bikes by trying paypal scams. It's the same thing as showing up and boosting a bike. You are still taking something that belongs to someone else that they worked hard for. The worst part is that they have to audacity to contact you. At least a thief will wait til you aren't around.

Also, the myriad of "is this still for sale" and "What's your lowest price" and just general jerking around. Maybe this is karma from my first time trying to buy a car on craigslist when I was younger and dumber. Still, I never jerked people around like that.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Coydog. What's your lowest price? *ducks behind cover*

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
A hunting stand, a sick custom glock, and an unpopular cruiser from the early 80s, FIRM. I NO WHAT I HAVE.

Seriously, some jerk literally sent me a text that just said "take *lowball* for the wr". Like they could just order me to do it.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Coydog posted:

A hunting stand, a sick custom glock, and an unpopular cruiser from the early 80s, FIRM. I NO WHAT I HAVE.

Seriously, some jerk literally sent me a text that just said "take *lowball* for the wr". Like they could just order me to do it.

"Take *your lowball* and gently caress yourself with it, because I don't feel like being hosed by it".

If he can boss you around, you can return the favour.

astrollinthepork posted:

Am I the only one that can't stand the term street fighter for unfaired/wrecked bikes? Wtf is that even supposed to imply besides idiocy?

I literally ride a street fighter. Like as in I bought a wrecked bike that I removed the busted fairings from and converted to be naked.

Come at me bro.

Militant Lesbian fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

HotCanadianChick posted:

"Take *your lowball* and gently caress yourself with it, because I don't feel like being hosed by it".

If he can boss you around, you can return the favour.

I literally ride a street fighter. Like as in I bought a wrecked bike that I removed the busted fairings from and converted to be naked.

Come at me bro.

That's called a salvage