Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Still love how zero-effort that "new" costume is. I'd love to see the check Alex Ross got for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Lobok posted:

If someone thinks that IS Spider-Man and attacks him, then what?

They get PROWL'd!

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Lobok posted:

<<10/10 great Spidey costume, would attack with Spider-Slayers

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Since Spider-Man has his Spider-Mobile, it's only fair that Prowler gets one too.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lobok posted:

Since Spider-Man has his Spider-Mobile, it's only fair that Prowler gets one too.

I think I had a toy of that.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I think I'm the only adult on earth that's both not a rich douche, and thinks the Prowler is a pretty neat looking car.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Choco1980 posted:

I think I'm the only adult on earth that's both not a rich douche, and thinks the Prowler is a pretty neat looking car.

Technically meets the requirements for funny panels as well.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I like how the prowler is apparently an idiot if he can't figure out Petes gambit here.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I like how the prowler is apparently an idiot if he can't figure out Petes gambit here.

It not Peter, it Gambit.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait, does he not know Peter's Spiderman??? (I haven't read Marvel in years except for USG)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

Wait, does he not know Peter's Spiderman??? (I haven't read Marvel in years except for USG)

No, Spider-Man is Peter Parker's bodyguard at the moment. Peter Parker being a famous wealthy dude.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

No, he's never known.

Spider-man knows Prowler's identity because he unmasked him on their second encounter, but has never told anybody so Prowler still trusts him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kwyndig posted:

He doesn't, even if it would make much more sense if he did.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Iron Fist did a stint as fake Daredevil, and he'd be a great candidate for this kind of thing. As fake DD, he was so good an actor that he mimicked Daredevil's fighting style with such precision that he got beaten up instead of winning a fight that Iron Fist could have taken easily. (Unless I imagined that.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

No, Spider-Man is Peter Parker's bodyguard at the moment. Peter Parker being a famous wealthy dude.

"Tony Stark lied all those years but Peter Parker seems like an upstanding guy! They're obviously different people!"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Endless Mike posted:

"Tony Stark lied all those years but Peter Parker seems like an upstanding guy! They're obviously different people!"

Tony Stark didn't lie all the time. When he was a full-time drunk, Rhodey wore the suit.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

prefect posted:

Tony Stark didn't lie all the time. When he was a full-time drunk, Rhodey Deadpool wore the suit.

FTFY

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

<<10/10 great Spidey costume, would attack with Spider-Slayers

He fights back? The Prowler's a real superhero as well, and Peter has actually built some gadgets into the new suits.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
there's a page later in that book where villains crash the wedding and prowler gets sucker punched because he's trying to concentrate on wisecracking like spiderman does and doesn't notice the shot coming because he doesn't have spider sense

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wait Peter Parker is rich now? Now I know how Joe Quesada felt about Spider-Man being married!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Wait Peter Parker is rich now? Now I know how Joe Quesada felt about Spider-Man being married!

When Doctor Octopus took over Peter's body he was like "why not become a wealthy supergenius" and then he was still one when Peter got his body back, combined with the status quo changing significantly enough that he had no competition.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Spidey is Steve Jobs now. Just wait for the cancer storyline

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Why wait.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

SWEET CAROLINE

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Amazing Spider-Man #17 (the current series)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Roth posted:

Amazing Spider-Man #17 (the current series)

Joke already out of date by the time the comic gets printed!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Nah, PG is still huge. Now mind you, the person who reads the collection in 20 years is going to be very WTF about it.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Rhyno posted:

Nah, PG is still huge. Now mind you, the person who reads the collection in 20 years is going to be very WTF about it.

In 20 years, Pokémon Go will become so huge and all encompassing that it will facilitate all our social and business interactions, making readers go WTF about why you wouldn't use the company wifi.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uthor posted:

In 20 years, Pokémon Go will become so huge and all encompassing that it will facilitate all our social and business interactions, making readers go WTF about why you wouldn't use the company wifi.

Fair point.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I saw your email but couldnt catch it before it ran away.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Lurdiak posted:

I found it funny enough to post it, so I don't particularly care if it is or not.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Red posted:

I like that Peter has a real, actual friend he can count on. :unsmith:

Well... not so fast on that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lurdiak posted:

20 years ago people were saying the same thing about any references to this Pokemon fad being dated as hell in only a few years :)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I was just referring to how Pokemon Go's various server issues, bugs, bad PR moves etc. had soured a lot of people on it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

To be fair hasn't the user base for Pokemon go shrunk by a huge amount now that the novelty has passed for most people? Much like other Pokemon soon the only audience will be kids and a small number of adults who range from normal to "I'm sorry officer i didn't know I couldn't had on a playground with kids but you see there was a DoDuo you see and I needed Madison's help to find it."

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
You don't capitalize the second D. Sheesh.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

mind the walrus posted:

To be fair hasn't the user base for Pokemon go shrunk by a huge amount now that the novelty has passed for most people?

From what I heard second hand, they lost a ton of users, but the user base is so huge, it's a much smaller loss percentage wise than other fad social games.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm pretty sure we can stop trying to claim only kids play Pokemon when there's a huge number of teens and adults who readily admit to still playing it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I acknowledged that pretty thoroughly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah literally no one is claiming that, they are saying Go is loosing people but that was going to happen as it's barely a game.