Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Isn't the next dlc out soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Yeah, it's supposed to be coming out this month, but we haven't heard anything about it yet. :shrug:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Magypsy posted:

Yeah, it's supposed to be coming out this month, but we haven't heard anything about it yet. :shrug:

In my opinion, it's more likely that the development team made a mistake in which month it was supposed to come out and that it was always gonna be September.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
http://zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/dlc/

According to the official website, the Phantom Hourglass + Spirit Tracks pack is "Autumn 2016" and the Link Between Worlds pack is "Winter 2016"

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Linebeck confirmed.

I hope.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Linebeck confirmed.

I hope.

Unlikely, given the leak.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I have faith in my friend Linebeck.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
Linebeck will appear.

As an item card.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Magypsy posted:

Linebeck will appear.

As an item card.

Where he belongs :colbert:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Urgh, more DLC? I was like 1 weapon away from thinking i was finished with this.

So much content, so much crack.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It will never end. When the 3DS DLC is done they'll port it to NX with everything included and announce more DLC

Groose will not be part of it

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Kin posted:

Urgh, more DLC? I was like 1 weapon away from thinking i was finished with this.

So much content, so much crack.

Yes? Its all part of the season pass that we've known about for a while now. There's the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks pack, and then the Link Between Worlds pack.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

jivjov posted:

Yes? Its all part of the season pass that we've known about for a while now. There's the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks pack, and then the Link Between Worlds pack.

And according to the leak, we should be expecting Toon Zelda (Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks), Ravio and Yuga (Link Between Worlds) as new playable characters.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
According to the European Direct just now, the Phantom Hourglass DLC is due out "shortly after the end of the presentation," so presumably today in an hour or two.

e; US Direct also confirmed it's out today.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 1, 2016

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
I missed that part of the stream, only saw sand wand, train powers, and toon Zelda. What else?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

coffeecup posted:

I missed that part of the stream, only saw sand wand, train powers, and toon Zelda. What else?

New Adventure map.

Toon Zelda looks great, I've literally wanted Ghost Zelda in the game since day 1.

Spirit Tracks is amazingly charming and I'm glad its getting some representation.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

well the sand rod is cool, kinda weird that they just somehow combined it with the train as a weapon, lol.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is any of this poo poo coming out to the wiiu version

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Calaveron posted:

Just like all the 3DS DLC content:

New characters and weapons, yes

New adventure maps, no

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Calaveron posted:

yeah, as per usual, all the new characters and weapons are available on the wii u, but not the new map. this has been the case since the 3ds version came out.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Was there a sand rod in PH or ST? I would only expect it in the LBW pack

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

coffeecup posted:

Was there a sand rod in PH or ST? I would only expect it in the LBW pack

sand rod was in LBW, but the sand WAND was in spirit tracks.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yesssss train attacks :getin:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
can't believe nintendo shot linebeck in the face live on stream

Cruel Rose
May 27, 2010

saaave gotham~
come on~
DO IT, BATMAN
FUCKING BATMAN I FUCKING HATE YOU
Update's out, in Europe at least.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

the update is live. level cap is now 200 :shepicide:

The new map is called the Grand Travels map. It has a phantom hourglass ocean half and a great plains half. Some kind of hourglass gimmick too, where if you run out of sand the map gets harder. You get more sand by beating the "Final Battle!" type missions.

Toon Zelda needs Tetra and Ganon materials :shepicide:

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Seagull posted:

can't believe nintendo shot linebeck in the face live on stream

Not trying to goonsay you but "no Linebeck in the PH/ST DLC" has been known for a while. I'm already done with all the stages of grief.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

coffeecup posted:

Not trying to goonsay you but "no Linebeck in the PH/ST DLC" has been known for a while. I'm already done with all the stages of grief.

They killed him. They killed him in cold blood

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Looks like the Lv. 4+ weapons for this map are mainly the villains' weapons (and the main weapons for the rest of the side characters who only get one weapon). The last pack's Lv. 4+ weapons will be the remaining weapons for everyone who has a choice of two or more weapons, and it will be the character's "main" weapon (most likely), so for the Link Between Worlds pack, it's gonna look like this:

Link (any four weapons that isn't the Gauntlet or the Lv. 4+ weapon from this pack, or the Master Sword)
Impa (Giant Blade)
Lana (Book of Sorcery)
Zelda (Rapier and one of either Baton or Dominion Rod)
Ganondorf (Great Swords, I'm guessing, since I think he will get a Lv. 4+ Trident in this map)
Linkle (Crossbows)
Toon Link (Light Sword)

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Any new costumes or recolors in the new dlc?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t64RGr3Z_sg

Toon Link. Running people over all over the place. The sand doesn't seem as interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfM5-YxyG44

Toon Zelda. A mixture of Link, Zelda, and apparently a Goron.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Toon Zelda isn't very interesting. Not that she's bad or unfun but its a very boring moveset. Toon Link's Sand Rod is a lot like how I would have wanted Linebeck, but with his boat charging through instead of the train. Sigh...

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

mabels big day posted:

Toon Zelda isn't very interesting. Not that she's bad or unfun but its a very boring moveset. Toon Link's Sand Rod is a lot like how I would have wanted Linebeck, but with his boat charging through instead of the train. Sigh...

Neat as it would be to have him, that sounds very similar to King Hyrule's moveset.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Rirse posted:

Any new costumes or recolors in the new dlc?

Twili Midna, Tingle, and Toon Link are the ones I know off.

Given that Tingle already had two costumes before this pack, it seems that the ones prioritized for costumes (likely capping out at 3 costumes each) are the Wii U DLC gang (Twili Midna, Young Link, and Tingle) + the five Legends debutants (Linkle, Skull Kid, Toon Link, Tetra, and King Daphnes). The Wii U base game characters + Cia, Volga, and Wizzro, will likely only get two costumes each (which means characters like Ghirahim will not get a new costume for this pack or the next one).

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oh my GOD! Sand Rod absolutely destroys bosses' Weak Point Gauges: lead-in C5 -> C4 and all regular bosses are toast! (All bosses in Legends' case.) Sand Rod was already one of my favorite Zelda items, but this (and how good it seems) cements it as my favorite weapon for Toon Link!

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Goddesses! Will you stop raising the level cap already!?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Dual Weapon Elements:

Link - Magic Rod: Fire/Lightning
Lana - Spear: Water/Light
Zelda - Baton: Lightning/Water
Ganondorf - Trident: Lightning/Fire
Zant: Dark/Water
Ghirahim: Dark/Fire
Cia: Dark/Lightning
Volga: Fire/Dark
Wizzro: Dark/Water
Twili Midna: Dark/Light
Tingle: Fire/Water

Impa's weapon (Naginata) remains unknown as of this writing.

(Ganondorf's Lv. 4+ Trident could have had a much better secondary element, but Fire can at least syenergize with Lightning through being a Moblin killer.)

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
Paging Shadow Ninja 64:

I just finished the vanilla adventure map on 3DS and am back on Wii U. I beat Termina Map some time ago but never fully unlocked/A ranked Twilight and Termina, which I'm trying for now. Does the rupee glitch still work after all the "experience balances" in the patch notes for Marin/Toon Zelda? I've never gotten it to work and don't really want to sink hours into trying if it doesn't anymore, but these Zelda, Impa, and Ghirahim missions are absolute torture.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Toon Zelda hits like a freight train and Sand Rod hits WITH a train. Bringing the pain with a rain of trains. Yes. This DLC is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oyster posted:

Paging Shadow Ninja 64:

I just finished the vanilla adventure map on 3DS and am back on Wii U. I beat Termina Map some time ago but never fully unlocked/A ranked Twilight and Termina, which I'm trying for now. Does the rupee glitch still work after all the "experience balances" in the patch notes for Marin/Toon Zelda? I've never gotten it to work and don't really want to sink hours into trying if it doesn't anymore, but these Zelda, Impa, and Ghirahim missions are absolute torture.

The Rupee Glitch still works.

EDIT:

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Toon Zelda hits like a freight train and Sand Rod hits WITH a train. Bringing the pain with a rain of trains. Yes. This DLC is good.

Ugh, what a terrible pun.

Regardless, Toon Zelda really does quite a bit of damage, though she's terrible against Giant Bosses. Sand Wand on the other hand is absolutely awesome against them (and most everything else).

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Sep 3, 2016

• Locked thread