Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Rinkles posted:

A good set symbol:

This is a sweet set symbol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Plot twist: The "pyramids" are actually just half-buried Zendikar hedrons.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

wotc video posted:

The denizens of Amonkhet are locked in a fierce competition. They're fighting through the trials of the five gods and they're striving to win their place in a promised afterlife.

So like one Mediterranean away from Theros, basically!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Sounds like another cycle of God's is possible too.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Rinkles posted:

A good set symbol:

Viashino control everything on Dominaria. End the Fed.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
Should have named the set Return to Rabiah.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

man they better reprint desert.

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Rarities have some meaning in the Commander decks, since they are based on how many of the decks contain a copy of that card.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I'm excited for egyptland and might even excuse wotc having their heroic protagonist stage a rebellion against a peaceful government with understandable concerns regarding inherently destructive magic

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Someone on Maro's blog pointed out that the pharaoh in Vengeful Pharaoh wears a Nicol Bolas style crown.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!

whydirt posted:

Someone on Maro's blog pointed out that the pharaoh in Vengeful Pharaoh wears a Nicol Bolas style crown.

Good catch.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
It's not even a week after Conspiracy 2 is released and no one wants to do it anymore. Two different groups of people have tried it after I convinced them to and decided they were having such a miserable time drafting it that they took me out first, which is just great. The competitive players hate it and the people who would want to play it are too poor so they just play Commander. How's it going in everyone else's stores?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

No one is turning up to FNM anymore because some guy stole a bunch of cards from his friends (after stealing five figures from his employer), so I'm guessing maybe it put them off Magic.

Then my LGS didn't get Conspiracy 2 on time anyway.

So... No drafting for me.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

BizarroAzrael posted:

Sounds like another cycle of God's is possible too.

What are the odds that these "gods" are just bolas' servants, like tezzeret?

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

BJPaskoff posted:

It's not even a week after Conspiracy 2 is released and no one wants to do it anymore. Two different groups of people have tried it after I convinced them to and decided they were having such a miserable time drafting it that they took me out first, which is just great. The competitive players hate it and the people who would want to play it are too poor so they just play Commander. How's it going in everyone else's stores?

I barely managed to get a draft together on Sunday and it was all casual players and store employees. I had fun and I think the set is neat.

Limited is generally less popular and this set also has to contend with having a "filthy casual" stigma added to it. On top of all that it isn't marketed as a premium lottery ticket set so people will think it isn't worth opening even if it actually has a better value than Eternal Masters did.

Bottom line is most people at Magic-centric game stores are not interested in fun and neat things, they are more into calculating the EV of going to the bathroom versus making GBS threads themselves to tilt their opponent at the GPT.

Jenx
Oct 17, 2012

Behold the Bull of Heaven!
Our store still hasn't gotten it's Conspiracy 2 stuff, because the guy who runs it is bad at his job, so can't say. We'll be doing at least two drafts when it arrives, though.

I suspect it won't sell much after that, since the first one didn't sell that much either. People are just too lazy to organize drafts, or they can't be bothered to spend the money.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
our store also didnt get conspiracy its due to arrive today though most of my store is buzzing I know im going to draft personally.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
We had 16 people for our release night event which was perfect. Unfortunately it left kind of a lovely taste in my mouth because I drafted a sweet (in theory) RW Melee list and then got paired up with three really good defensive decks and didn't get to do poo poo. Despite that I managed to live long enough where I got to decide who ended up winning our game, so either way someone was going to be upset at me. So yeah, not fun (for me)

My store is planning to do CN2 for its Sunday draft slot between now and Kaladesh, no idea what the attendance will be like.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mandatory lesbian posted:

must be weird only enjoying the first 3 final fantasies

Do you mean JPN 1, 2, 3, or U.S. 1, 2, 3? If the latter, that is me. FF got real loving weird.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

jassi007 posted:

Do you mean JPN 1, 2, 3, or U.S. 1, 2, 3? If the latter, that is me. FF got real loving weird.

japanese numbering obviously, what kind of baka gaijen uses the USA fail numbers

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
also, lol at saying 4 is somehow less weird then the later ones

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

We had 11 on Friday and 18 last night and just about everyone voted to replace next week's draft with another conspiracy.

Not sure if this is normal for how to handle prize support, but one thing that helped reduce the defensive-ness of it was each round you'd get a $2 ticket. You kill someone you get their ticket, so it motivated people to go on the attack.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

jassi007 posted:

FF got real loving weird.

The one where you couldn't cast magic unless you pulled it out from an enemy was the dumbest poo poo ever.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
I could see the Bolas gods follow the same line as Egyptian Gods, as well as using the Theros template. While the sets weren't totally well received, the devotion and Gods did.

I'd be cool with seeing those back.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

En Fuego posted:

I could see the Bolas gods follow the same line as Egyptian Gods, as well as using the Theros template. While the sets weren't totally well received, the devotion and Gods did.

I'd be cool with seeing those back.

I would welcome Devotion coming back, I know a lot of folks have a big flavour-hardon for it, but it's also a really good mechanic led to some interesting decks. Granted the black and blue decks got a bit oppressive, but at least there were two strong decks out of it, and ultimately things evened out pretty well.

Bolas should remain a PW I guess, since becoming a god is taken. But a walker rolling in and subjugating gods is pretty cool.

Bolas is from Dominara right?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Maybe the Egyptian gods will be three-color?

Seth, Viceroy of Bolas
2UBR
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to blue, black, and red is less than eight, Seth isn't a creature.
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library and put it into your hand. Target opponent loses life equal to its converted mana cost and Seth deals that much damage to up to one target creature.
5/3

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Can we all take a moment to appreciate the new World Championship trophy

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Appreciate is a strong word.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Gotta love that hollow plastic sheen.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Of course the front-facing colors are Bant, classic Wizards favoritism

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Barry Shitpeas posted:

lmao, congrats to being best in the world, here's your plastic trophy

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
like i get wanting to cut costs but that thing looks cheap as hell

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

mandatory lesbian posted:

like i get wanting to cut costs but that thing looks cheap as hell

Isn't the pro tour trophy a joke? I don't know if i have ever seen a good wizards poker trophy.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Barry Shitpeas posted:

That looks like a Magic plot device.
Maybe that's the idea.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 1, 2016

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Isn't the pro tour trophy a joke? I don't know if i have ever seen a good wizards poker trophy.

I prefer a plaque to a trophy.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I prefer a plaque to a trophy.

plaques are professional and if there's one thing WOTC has proved time and time again it isn't...

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Maybe that's the idea.
An accurate reflection of the quality of writing in Magic

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Maybe that's the idea.

It's the setup for the MTG movie

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Why is the WUBRG order backwards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

dragon enthusiast posted:

It's the setup for the MTG movie

No joke one of my first things I thought of was the Infinity Gauntlet. It even has colored gems!

• Locked thread