Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Mirthless posted:

Not to mention the international scrutiny for all the genocide

I'd be surprised if we could round up 11 million undocumented immigrants without killing at least a couple of hundred thousand of them in the internment camps or roundup

Also, who is going to take them. Theyre not all mexicans, not by a long shot. Many of them dont have concrete proof of citizenship in the country they were born in either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Two weeks.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Chokes McGee posted:

I'm not arzying about the polls I'm wondering why she's showing mercy

I want Trump crushed, I want him down 14 on election day, I want his depressed turnout to be so bad that the house flips. I don't care if she's up four now she needs to dick stomp Trump so hard that it's dust afterwards and she has his testicles soaking in a jar of formaldehyde on the white house desk like we elected WWE's bullet club

My concern is Hillary is going to rest on her laurels, win by like 2-3 percent but comfortably, lose the Senate and then we have a 4-4 court and no government to speak of in perpetuity

Stop letting him hang himself and start helping braid the rope goddammit

There's a question of how you effectively do this.

In reality her strategy of "lots of retail politics" and "build a huge loving GOTV operation" are probably very good ways to do it.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
The thing about Trump is that he is pivoting, but he is pivoting so fast that it looks like he hasn't moved at all. You can't pinpoint his position at any given moment, you can only estimate it using complicated calculations and probabilities.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chokes McGee posted:

I want Trump crushed, I want him down 14 on election day, I want his depressed turnout to be so bad that the house flips. I don't care if she's up four now she needs to dick stomp Trump so hard that it's dust afterwards and she has his testicles soaking in a jar of formaldehyde on the white house desk like we elected WWE's bullet club

My concern is Hillary is going to rest on her laurels, win by like 2-3 percent but comfortably, lose the Senate and then we have a 4-4 court and no government to speak of in perpetuity

Have we really come full circle to "Hillary hasn't even started on Trump yet"?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Shageletic posted:

Yeah he's a real swell guy

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/individual/richard-bertrand-spencer-0

I think I also posted some crazy rear end tweets of his or something before

This guy's growing popularity is something people should keep an eye on.

Trump is bad, but what comes after him will be much, much worse.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/LeslieSanchez/status/771362138011103232

:thumbsup:

If you were a GOP apparachik you have to be worried about Trump poisoning Hispanic americans against the Republican party for generations.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Lol Trump is gonna straight up 'deport' all people he views as undesirable, not just immigrants. It finally happened.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Al! posted:

Also, who is going to take them. Theyre not all mexicans, not by a long shot. Many of them dont have concrete proof of citizenship in the country they were born in either

the jail

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yessss

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Schnorkles posted:

In reality her strategy of "lots of retail politics" and "build a huge loving GOTV operation" are probably very good ways to do it.

Came this close to posting the Untouchables quote and then realized that would be lf postin that would not end well

Anyway we haven't gotten the meat of the campaign trail in the least but goddammit thoroughly crush this man into the cheeto dust he's made out of

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

zoux posted:

If you were a GOP apparachik you have to be worried about Trump poisoning Hispanic americans against the Republican party for generations.

:yum:

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

magiccarpet posted:

i really do wish they would organize a 1 day strike to show what would happen

how have no latino leaders taken the national stage to combat this nonsense? GET ON A STAGE ADAMA

Because then on that day they would out themselves as illegal immigrants. A lot of them use fake security numbers when being hired and their employers don't even know they aren't legal

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Schnorkles posted:

I think in reality he wants something more akin to a nega-Trump where she holds big rallies and calls him a racist cheeto repeatedly 4 days a week between now and election day. She's not that kind of a campaigner though for the most part, with small rallies and more personal stuff since she's a huge nerd who can't do public speaking well.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
please poison the well on GOP getting the Hispanic vote for decades more Trump

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/771367213064458240

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/771368597608337408

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

EAT YOURSELVES. WITNESS THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABORS.

*ahem*

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wall Is Life posted:

A lot of them use fake security numbers when being hired and their employers don't even know they aren't legal

citation needed

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

zoux posted:

Im the guys still on the board reasoning "well, gps tracking isnt so bad, and I can get insurance to fix my door every time ice kicks it down on toos a hispanic lives there

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

zoux posted:

You see it was less of a board and more of a competition where the best advisor wins. First round cuts were dramatic. Ethnicity Apprentice!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

The media is so desperate for ammo that anything she says is going to be pounced on, doing nothing is the best move possible and it's still making Trump look moronic and the "horse race" part of the media look like idiots.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This isn't about the Republican party being unable to come to terms with a minority group, it's the Republican nominee sitting down with a dozen conservative Hispanic leaders and lying to their face.

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

Eonwe posted:

citation needed

Extremely anecdotal especially considering I live in Miami but this has happened to my dad's companies and at various places my friends and I have worked

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

What do you think Trump's concession speech will be like? How many days do you think we'll have to wait for him to actually concede?

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Here is an interesting look at the local rally I went too; seems like it costs a lot more to the town he rallies in than Trump spends (30k arena fee)

http://www.heraldnet.com/news/everett-spends-80000-in-staffing-equipment-for-trump-rally/

Everett spent $79,000 in staffing, equipment for Trump

An estimated 9,184 people attended

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

egon_beeblebrox posted:

What do you think Trump's concession speech will be like? How many days do you think we'll have to wait for him to actually concede?

I don't think he'll give one.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Hillary: About Trump's recent speech: I think forcibly deporting people en masse is a bad idea

Media: HILLARY LOVES ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, TRUMP COMEBACK IMMINENT

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

This isn't about the Republican party being unable to come to terms with a minority group, it's the Republican nominee sitting down with a dozen conservative Hispanic leaders and lying to their face.

He didn't lie. He listened. And then didn't change. small but important difference

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Vile posted:

He didn't lie. He listened. And then didn't change. small but important difference

That's not what these people are reporting.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

citation needed

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/aug/30/irs-doesnt-tell-1-million-taxpayers-that-illegal-i/?utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

IRS doesn’t tell 1M taxpayers that illegals stole their Social Security numbers

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Al! posted:

Im the guys still on the board reasoning "well, gps tracking isnt so bad, and I can get insurance to fix my door every time ice kicks it down on toos a hispanic lives there

I'm the apparently non-existent Hispanic American who considers themselves an American citizen first and foremost

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

That's not what these people are reporting.

How are you so dense? Trump has been doing the same thing for over a year. He has committees or advisors or a round table and then he says sure sure I'm listening and everyone says the pivot is coming and NOPE.

it's the exact same cycle over and over.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Wall Is Life posted:

Extremely anecdotal especially considering I live in Miami but this has happened to my dad's companies and at various places my friends and I have worked

Ive worked in hr for several nationwide companies and seen thousands of i-9s and wall is life is right, except for the part where the employers dont know that the employee's arent legal to work, they just look the other way on obviously fake documents because who else are you going to get to take minimum wage for this extremely difficult and dangerous job

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

:lol: the loving Washington Times.

Get out of here, kid.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Vile posted:

How are you so dense? Trump has been doing the same thing for over a year. He has committees or advisors or a round table and then he says sure sure I'm listening and everyone says the pivot is coming and NOPE.

it's the exact same cycle over and over.

I'm not dense, I knew this was happening. The Hispanic advisors who met with him thought they were meeting in good faith and came away encouraged.

"In a round table discussion with his campaign's Hispanic advisory council at Trump Tower in New York, the real estate mogul talked about creating jobs and his plans to limit immigration, according to attendees.

Colorado State Rep. Clarice Navarro, a member of the council who attended the meeting, said Trump heard the group's concerns.

"It's about jobs, jobs, jobs, and he really listened," said Navarro, a Republican. "I've always felt he does care about the Latino community and now it's on us to get him elected."

During the meeting Trump also suggested he is interested in figuring out a “humane and efficient” manner to deal with immigrants in the country illegally, according to BuzzFeed.

Trump’s invective this election cycle — he denounced Mexican immigrants as “rapists” and drug runners in his first campaign speech — is unlikely to help his low standing with Latinos. "

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
DrPlump I'd be fine with reading something that isn't Washington Times, NY Post, Blaze, or Breitbart on the subject

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Eonwe posted:

okay, this hosed me up and I'm at work. :smith:

Yeah....

Here's something lighter

https://twitter.com/colbertlateshow/status/771204907969884162

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Oiled and Ready posted:

I'm the apparently non-existent Hispanic American who considers themselves an American citizen first and foremost

It doesnt matter if you consider yourself an american first and foremost if you get pulled over multiple times a day to present your citizenship papers

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Al! posted:

Ive worked in hr for several nationwide companies and seen thousands of i-9s and wall is life is right, except for the part where the employers dont know that the employee's arent legal to work, they just look the other way on obviously fake documents because who else are you going to get to take minimum wage for this extremely difficult and dangerous job

exactly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/771369931376095232

• Locked thread