Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Also no-one gives a poo poo what David Brooks thinks.

The Average person has, largely made up their minds by now and early voting kicks off in about three weeks. Trump is going to get slayed in early voting. He has literally no ground game, and no amount of just not tripping over his feet is going to somehow, magically change the state of the race. His hope, in the debates, is for Hillary to have some kind of complete meltdown. This isn't a contest between, say Bush and Kerry, where Bush actually finished off Kerry with "you forgot Poland," because Trump isn't capable of that.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

npr does

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

It is possible with the large amount of people Clinton has worked with over the years that someone somewhere said something less than 100℅ politically savvy.

I can't think of anything more plebeian technophobia than the political class and news media murmuring about emails in 2016.

Channel 5 News at 4!
:downs:: Hey Bill what's the latest in tech?
:eng101: Well Al, laptops and desktops are all over and tablets are in!
:downs:: wow Bill!

*Films infront of entire news room full of desktops with dual monitors*

Or if you're CNN you go even further and prove you're on the cutting edge and with it by making people pretend to work on 7 ft tall iPads.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

No one gives a poo poo about them either.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

I'll read through that, thanks.

emails emails emails Emails Emails Emails EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS :argh:

She probably shouldn't have lied then.

In all seriousness, concerning the latest news about her sending classified information after leaving the State Dept, is there information that it was retroactively considered classified or classified at the time?

Despite the USPol yawns that occur whenever Clinton emails are brought up, sending classified emails months after leaving the State Dept is its own situation.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

No one to rape, obviously.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

happyhippy posted:

No one to rape, obviously.

And each one assumed the other was bringing the drugs!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Nothing people accuse Hillary Clinton of is true until a judge looks it over and sentences her to a million years in jail.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

WampaLord posted:

The better question is why are the other 15 staying?

14 of them are scared George Zimmerman will shoot them.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

The Average person has, largely made up their minds by now and early voting kicks off in about three weeks. Trump is going to get slayed in early voting. He has literally no ground game, and no amount of just not tripping over his feet is going to somehow, magically change the state of the race. His hope, in the debates, is for Hillary to have some kind of complete meltdown. This isn't a contest between, say Bush and Kerry, where Bush actually finished off Kerry with "you forgot Poland," because Trump isn't capable of that.

Is Trump really set to lose big in early voting? Isn't early voting dominated by old people?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

In all seriousness, concerning the latest news about her sending classified information after leaving the State Dept, is there information that it was retroactively considered classified or classified at the time?

Despite the USPol yawns that occur whenever Clinton emails are brought up, sending classified emails months after leaving the State Dept is its own situation.

nobody cares, cry more

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Hillary is guilty until proven innocent

And the absence of a conviction is not proof of an absence of guilt

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

I have in my hand 500 pages of email that was classified by the FBI and sent by Hillary Clinton's Staff AFTER she left State:

"FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:Hey did you know that if you turn right as soon as you get into 10 downing Street there's a sweet selection of British chocolates on the table?"
"
"FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:whoa really??"

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Pakled posted:

Is Trump really set to lose big in early voting? Isn't early voting dominated by old people?

Democrats dominate early voting (it requires mobilization.) It was a big part of Obama's voter turnout operation. Hillary's campaign is basically just copying that. They have a whole operation focused on it.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Gin and Juche posted:

Ahh the Cardassian Justice System.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Pakled posted:

You're thinking of absentee voting, which is dominated by old people and the military in most places that require a justification for absentee voting.

Early voting is dominated by democrats, particularly minority communities like black churches. Which is why Republicans are pushing so hard to eliminate it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

DemeaninDemon posted:

Ahh the Cardassian Justice System.

There's no "proven innocent" in the Cardassian Justice System. :colbert:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Huh turns out that Space X explosion was just The Lord God Jesus Christ Who Manages Hillary Clinton's Campaign looking out for us :unsmith:
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/771376217408897025

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

rscott posted:

The only violence liberals seem categorically against is violence against property in a protest from what I've seen

Violence can be useful though? I mean for one thing it's much faster to kill someone that way than through economic sanctions. More discriminate as well. Sometimes you only want to kill one person instead of a bunch of random ones.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Pakled posted:

nor is there in ours, for that matter

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Trabisnikof posted:

Atheism requires faith since it has a premise that is impossible to support by evidence.

Atheism isn't backed by science, it isn't backed by empiricism and can never be.

personally i believe in russells teapot and it should be taught in schools forever please assuage my irrational nonsense

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

So what's the solution to for-profit medical care? Putting it all under the government? And can't most of these drugs be imported from Europe or are the high profile ones (namely the insulin and the epi-pens) only made by the specific companies that are jacking the prices up?

The problem is that healthcare in the US is synonymous with health insurance to the point where "healthcare reform" was really just insurance reform. This leads to insane perverse incentives where health companies deliberately jack up the prices of care, for two reasons. First of all, they figure it won't actually impact the customers because most people have insurance and gouging insurance companies is way more acceptable than gouging sick people. Second of all, insurance companies rarely pay full price for anything - their control over the health purchases of their customers gives them bargaining power that they use to negotiate a discount, so health companies have gotten into the habit of starting with an inflated price since they assume that insurance companies won't be paying full price anyway.

Of course, you'd expect these costs would transfer to customers in the form of higher premiums. But there's two problems there, too. First of all, it's expected that people won't be paying for their own insurance - employers or the government are expected to subsidize health insurance premiums, so nobody feels bad about policies that lead to high premiums. Second, insurers caught on and instead offload a larger portion of the cost onto the customer. Traditionally that was done by refusing to cover people with poor health, leaving holes in the coverage that allow them to escape much of the cost, or by finding excuses to drop coverage of expensive customers altogether, but now that Obamacare has clamped down on some of that, the focus has shifted to high co-pays and deductibles (particularly on drugs), narrowing coverage, and shrinking networks.

Basically, the health industry has been a ridiculously distorted market where everybody assumes that no one will actually pay the full price. Unfortunately, that's a deeply flawed assumption, and as all the players in the health market maneuver and pivot to boost their profit margins the most and rip everyone else off the hardest, every successful move hits customers the hardest. That's why Mylan's response to the EpiPen thing blowing up was "well really this is your insurers' fault for giving lovely coverage, have a bunch of coupons".

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Nothing Everything people accuse Hillary Clinton of is true until but a judge looks it over and wont sentences her to a million years in jail because ~reasons~.

FTFY

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

Huh turns out that Space X explosion was just The Lord God Jesus Christ Who Manages Hillary Clinton's Campaign looking out for us :unsmith:
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/771376217408897025

now Sub Saharan Africa will never get Facebook

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Popular Thug Drink posted:

nobody cares, cry more

Gin and Juche posted:

RuanGacho posted:

I have in my hand 500 pages of email that was classified by the FBI and sent by Hillary Clinton's Staff AFTER she left State:

"FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:Hey did you know that if you turn right as soon as you get into 10 downing Street there's a sweet selection of British chocolates on the table?"
"
"FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:FW:whoa really??"

Very productive.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

exploding mummy posted:

now Sub Saharan Africa will never get Facebook

Hmmm how hard is it to immigrate there...

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Pakled posted:

Cardassian mystery novels fit even better:

quote:

BASHIR: The problem with Cardassian enigma tales is that they all end the same way. All the suspects are always guilty.
GARAK: Yes, but the challenge is determining exactly who is guilty of what.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

No, but I do think he's being overly cautious. "But but the race could tighten! and then it would look different!!!!"

I think the model is overly cautious and that things Nate SAYS are also overly conservative - but the point is still that the model and it's percentages are not reactionary - they can't be.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

nor is there in ours, for that matter
Yea, in criminal law the standard is that guilt must be proven, otherwise you are found innocent.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Very productive.

As equally productive as your drive by poo poo posts about how everything the government does is terrible.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Very productive.

Welcome to uspol. May all your dreams come true.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Very productive.

here i found the thread where you can whine about emails to your little heart's content, you're welcome

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

WampaLord posted:

The better question is why are the other 15 staying?

You're assuming that Hispanic Outreach means they themselves are Hispanic and not just random marketing interns.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Very productive.

To: BetterToRuleInHell
CC: Something Awful
BCC: Hilary Clinton

OMG Becky she is so fat!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
not believing in russells teapot is an act of faith, and faith is irrational, so it should be put on the flag

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Who is whining about emails? I was asking about the specific email found and when it was classified. It's separate from the usual bitching about her emails because it was information sent after her time at the State Dept, which is why I was specifically asking about it. It's not a loving indictment of Clinton, jesus christ.

WampaLord posted:

As equally productive as your drive by poo poo posts about how everything the government does is terrible.

Ha, what else are we supposed to do in USPol? Hey guys, it turns out the EPA did a great job not telling people their ground soil contained 6x the amount of lethal contaminants. gently caress Indiana!

BetterToRuleInHell fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 1, 2016

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I'm sorry. We have to shut down D&D. It's not productive.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Who is whining about emails? I was asking about the specific email found and when it was classified. It's separate from the usual bitching about her emails because it was information sent after her time at the State Dept, which is why I was specifically asking about it. It's not a loving indictment of Clinton, jesus christ.

we did it

we found the last man in america who is deeply concerned about hillary clinton's inbox

thunderdome is over, finally

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
someone rename this guy BetterToRuleInHell.unsafe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Popular Thug Drink posted:

someone rename this guy BetterToRuleInHell.unsafe

BetterToRuleInHell (c)