Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

so a Mazda 5 with a turbo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

jetz0r posted:

whats wrong with minivan style sliding doors?

i dont just mean on teslas, with all the different vehicles i drive, sliding doors are my favorite. is there some problem i've never run into that prevents them from being used on more cars?

a focus st style hatchback with front and rear sliding doors would be my dream car

because sliding doors are on minivans and cargo vans and those are for "fat soccer moms" and "UPS men", and i, as an attractive, "hip" mother of three,

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh also, chicken taaaaaax

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

because sliding doors are on minivans and cargo vans and those are for "fat soccer moms" and "UPS men", and i, as an attractive, "hip" mother of three,

the rear windows on my aggressively-named kindertransport are tinted so i can pretend i'm single + mingling while i ogle crosswalk hotties

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

Glorgnole posted:

the tesla model x is a suv that absolutely cannot be equipped with any kind of roof rack

e: thank you elong https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/650081625200545792

musk's twitter picture of some stupid kid talking into a banana is a perfect metaphor for everything he says

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Glorgnole posted:

the rear windows on my aggressively-named kindertransport are tinted so i can pretend i'm single + mingling while i ogle crosswalk hotties

Qft

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

hobbesmaster posted:

so a Mazda 5 with a turbo?

close, that's the car that made me wonder why those doors arent on more things

Jonny 290 posted:

dta

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

lancemantis posted:

reminder that brogan bambrogan intentionally cultivates an aesthetic of a 70s business-dad

is he the fully grown version of the kid who always wore a suit (the same ratty thrift store suit) and carried a briefcase and thought he was a 70s businessman

(there was a thread in one of the gray forums a few years back on soul-bonder crazies that talked about this kid, and his utterly pathetic escapist fantasy of a life where he was basically old gil)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

BamBrogan formerly went by "Kevin Brogan." He formerly worked at SpaceX where he was fondly called "K-Bro." But in 2013 he married a woman named Bambi Liu. As part of the nuptials, according to Forbes, the couple decided to merge names rather than hyphenate. Hers became "Bambi BamBrogan" and his, simply "Brogan BamBrogan."

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

brogan bambrogan is literally the worst name i've ever heard of

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's kinda bullshit that your mortgage provider can just up and sell your loan to another bank w/o any kinda say or benefit

the mortgage terms will say whether they can do that

my folks' current mortgage changed hands every 3-6 mo like clockwork for a while, each of course with their own distinct way to pay the mortgage

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

after 5 years of auto-withdrawl, we mail a check every month now. lol.

well on the bright side i guess it gives some motivation to pay it off early if u can

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

our mortgage had something in the loan terms about it never being sold, even tho its a conforming mortgage (in the bay area, even!!!)

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol weren't most them only even accredited in the past 10 years or so

the cs program i took was in the college of arts and sciences along with the math department, while the engineering college was separate

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

coffeetable
Feb 5, 2006

TELL ME AGAIN HOW GREAT BRITAIN WOULD BE IF IT WAS RULED BY THE MERCILESS JACKBOOT OF PRINCE CHARLES

YES I DO TALK TO PLANTS ACTUALLY
https://twitter.com/NASASpaceflight/status/771337049999826946

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

here's an idea

kevin bambrogan

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

yeah just came here to post that

http://bigstory.ap.org/92dd9cd24d6444c4a93855dd25e6d0c1?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

i asked my mom if she heard it explode since she's an old retired lady who was definitely home at the time :v:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

gg

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

mishaq posted:

dont spend the last 60 years focused on never-ending suburban sprawl of cheaply constructed overpriced shitboxes and instead build properly constructed apartments centered around urban cores with access to public transportation so the cost of maintaining a car can be removed for a large portion of the population

this is where I live and it's p sweet. only downside is an entire side of my apartment is load bearing concrete and it's a pain to drive nails in it to hang stuff

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

hackbunny posted:

this is where I live and it's p sweet. only downside is an entire side of my apartment is load bearing concrete and it's a pain to drive nails in it to hang stuff

please don't drive too many nails into it; i would be sad if it collapsed on you :ohdear:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Progressive JPEG posted:

the cs program i took was in the college of arts and sciences along with the math department, while the engineering college was separate

my CS program was in the engineering department and accredited by the ACM. the school also offered a computer programming degree though the math department.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Management posted:

my CS program was in the engineering department and accredited by the ACM. the school also offered a computer programming degree though the math department.

mine offered CS degrees though the engineering, liberal arts and sciences, and business colleges. their curricula were different and in roughly that order of difficulty (from hardest to easiest)

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
the cargo hadn't been loaded, the launchpad was clear so there were no injuries

e: strongback was damaged though, it was a "pad anomoly" not the rocket itself. maybe a fueling tank burst

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Sep 1, 2016

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

prefect posted:

please don't drive too many nails into it; i would be sad if it collapsed on you :ohdear:

the thing has to be like a foot thick, I doubt lovely sub-inch nails will do anything to it. like half of my furniture is already screw anchored to it already, anyway

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bhodi posted:

the cargo hadn't been loaded, the launchpad was clear so there were no injuries

e: strongback was damaged though, it was a "pad anomoly" not the rocket itself. maybe a fueling tank burst

nope

spacex just destroyed a $200M satellite

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

exploding mummy posted:

nope

spacex just destroyed a $200M satellite

yeah afaik they don't ever do pad tests until the full stack is assembled

also i heard this satellite is part of fuckerberg's "let's bring internet to sub-saharan africa so they can use my products" scheme but idk how accurate that is

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

yeah afaik they don't ever do pad tests until the full stack is assembled

also i heard this satellite is part of fuckerberg's "let's bring internet to sub-saharan africa so they can use my products" scheme but idk how accurate that is
yeah, it was part of fb's internet.org *~*~initiative~*~*. fb spent $95 million for a 5 year lease of the satellite's Ka band antenna

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Mr. Apollo posted:

yeah, it was part of fb's internet.org *~*~initiative~*~*. fb spent $95 million for a 5 year lease of the satellite's Ka band antenna

"SpaceX can confirm that in preparation for today's static fire, there was an anomaly on the pad resulting in the loss of the vehicle and its payload. Per standard procedure, the pad was clear and there were no injuries."

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Mr. Apollo posted:

the satellite's Ka bang antenna

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

everybody heard about the north korean netflix, right? "manbang"

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
Well if musks rocket murder suicided zucks satellite, I'd say it's a great day to post in this thread

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Krakox posted:

Well if musks rocket murder suicided zucks satellite, I'd say it's a great day to post in this thread
as bad as spacex is, breaking the ULA military industrial complex stranglehold on space travel is worth the price

sucks about AMOS, initial reports had it still in the warehouse nearby. then again it was slated to be facebooks for their 'internet everywhere' thing, so lol not a great loss

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

fart simpson posted:

brogan bambrogan is literally the worst name i've ever heard of

every time i read it i think of this guy, but like wearing boardshorts and guzzling a mtn dew

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

jetz0r posted:

whats wrong with minivan style sliding doors?

i dont just mean on teslas, with all the different vehicles i drive, sliding doors are my favorite. is there some problem i've never run into that prevents them from being used on more cars?

a focus st style hatchback with front and rear sliding doors would be my dream car

you need a flat and straight track for the door to slide so every car rear needs to be boxy and elongated. no more coupes or traditional sedans.

now if they did a hinge like on a monitor arm...

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Bhodi posted:

as bad as spacex is, breaking the ULA military industrial complex stranglehold on space travel is worth the price

Proper space travel costs too much money for private business to not gently caress it up.

The old joke at nasa was "the shuttle is ready to launch when the paperwork stack is as high as the rocket stack"

Private business loves cutting corners

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Citizen Tayne posted:

the profit margin is a directly measurable inefficiency

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Citizen Tayne posted: