Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Equilibrium posted:

Uh, where? The columns filters are all gone, their site search feature turns up nothing and google searching turns up nothing but dead links. Last I checked there was a big thread on the forums where the new editor just kept dodging questions about it.

I just go to http://www.cbr.com/author/brian_cronin/

But yeah, it's an awful redesign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Equilibrium posted:

Uh, where? The columns filters are all gone, their site search feature turns up nothing and google searching turns up nothing but dead links. Last I checked there was a big thread on the forums where the new editor just kept dodging questions about it.

You have to hang on to this bookmark.
http://www.cbr.com/author/brian_cronin/

It's such a terrible shift in discoverability. Unless there's a better way coming up, I think I'd have quit the site if I was him.

e: Beaten. Who even knows the name of the other contributors to find them.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
:psyduck:

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Thankfully every other CBR column is and has always been terrible, so there's no incentive to track them down.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume that's kind of the point. If a writer can establish a brand or identity for themselves, they might become bigger than the site.

Abraham Lincoln
Feb 12, 2008
If you are a racist I will attack you with the North
It may look awful, but at least CBR is readable on a phone now

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Abraham Lincoln posted:

It may look awful, but at least CBR is readable on a phone now

This is true.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

This is true.

Not really.

It's viewable on a phone. It's never been readable. (Other than Comics Should Be Good)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:haw:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Man. After a month off on Future Quest, Shaner still only managed to draw ten pages in today's issue.
At this rate I'm worried he'll only be able to get one-off issues and cover work going forward.

e: Love to be proven wrong though!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Sep 1, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's crazy that he's so slow because his style isn't very detailed and has a real old school look, which is most of its appeal to me. I'd understand a little better if he did colors and everything but he's got Jordie for that usually.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Did anyone pick up John Ostrander's new Suicide Squad one-shot today? I thought the cover art was awful, but I'll probably get it just because I'm binding the complete Ostrander Suicide Squad series. I'd love to know people's thoughts.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

I can't believe Artemis is rudely interrupting Jason's hypnotism act

For a noogie

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The Jetsons by Palmiotti and Conner is in the works.

EDIT: And JL vs Suicide Squad will be next mini event. It will run weekly during December and January. The story will be written by Joshua Williamson.

And DC is going Marvel on us

quote:

A slowdown in the sales rate is inevitable, particularly as the novelty of Rebirth wears off, so DC is looking to maintain excitement — and sales — with quarterly events.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Sep 1, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

We get a month for the new JLA run at the end there.

quote:

Other titles, such as the return of “Justice League of America” in February, will spin out of the event.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

We get a month for the new JLA run at the end there.

They have to get 3 more issues of Hitch's JLoA out before then.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Quarterly events is a good way to kill my excitement in DC.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Quarterly events is a good way to kill my excitement in DC.

I think they mean more mini events like this Monster Men thing coming shortly.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Like that's anything new.
Weren't Forever Evil, Doomed and Godhead pretty much one after the other and even overlapping?

e: Gothtopia too, right? I skipped that one.
Then the weeklies with Futures End having the September tie-ins and going into Convergence, events were pretty constant.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 1, 2016

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I think Gothtopia was a Batman-specific mini within Forever Evil since it relied on Scarecrow somehow being in complete control of Gotham. I think there was also an offhand mention of the Earth-Three people just letting Scarecrow do whatever.

Also Gothtopia, besides having the dumbest name ever, was one of the better ideas for a miniseries that just flatly did not work at all.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

If they're smaller events like Monster Men or even Robin War, I won't mind. It's fairly easy to pick up a few issues you wouldn't otherwise get if you want the full thing, or else drop a few you'd normally buy because you don't want to read it. But if they start doing any significant number of tie-ins, it's going to get irritating very fast.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!
Yeah if the events crossover to 6 series and I don't read 4 of them I will just drop my books. I've no patience for this bs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The Jetsons by Palmiotti and Conner is in the works.

EDIT: And JL vs Suicide Squad will be next mini event. It will run weekly during December and January. The story will be written by Joshua Williamson.

And DC is going Marvel on us

Did they really design Rosie the Robot with giant tits?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ImpAtom posted:

Of course they did. George and Jane haven't had sex in decades.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Of course they did. George and Jane haven't had sex in decades.

... I don't want to know what that means for Elroy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

Like that's anything new.
Weren't Forever Evil, Doomed and Godhead pretty much one after the other and even overlapping?

e: Gothtopia too, right? I skipped that one.
Then the weeklies with Futures End having the September tie-ins and going into Convergence, events were pretty constant.

Yeah, and I barely read any DC comics during that time.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How long until the Flintstones meet the Jetsons crossover?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

greatn posted:

How long until the Flintstones meet the Jetsons crossover?

They are doing quarterly crossovers. Not long.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ImpAtom posted:

I wouldn't expect any less from a world where you can buy a robot maid. They'll probably ring a few jokes out of it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

I wouldn't expect any less from a world where you can buy a robot maid. They'll probably ring a few jokes out of it.

I suspect they'll wring one joke out of it over and over.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TwoPair posted:

I suspect they'll wring one joke out of it over and over.

Yeah, if it's a bad writer, and I dunno who those guys are so maybe they suck, but I like the Flintstones book a lot so after reading that it's like, I dunno, I can kinda see how that'd be perfectly logical in a satrical future. The maid bots have giant boobs, of course they do, that's capitalism. Hell, maybe they'll even reveal Rosie as trans and that'll prompt the switch to the boxier original design.

But then again I always sort of enjoyed watching the Flintstones cartoon on Boomerang as a kid but couldn't stand the Jetsons, so maybe the comics will go the same way.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

Yeah, if it's a bad writer, and I dunno who those guys are so maybe they suck
How do you not know who Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti are?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
No clue about the second guy but all I've read of Conner's is a few Harley issues and was unimpressed, to say the least. Though I have been meaning to read her Power Girl sometime because it seems cool, so it balances out.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Amanda Conner married Neil Gaiman right?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i can't tell who's trolling who anymore

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 36 hours!

Alaois posted:

i can't tell who's trolling who anymore

Everyone is 100% sincere in BSS.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

No clue about the second guy but all I've read of Conner's is a few Harley issues and was unimpressed, to say the least. Though I have been meaning to read her Power Girl sometime because it seems cool, so it balances out.
They're married, just as a Fun Fact.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Eh, that Suicide Squad vs Justice League event looks to be really small and easily ignored so I don't know what the big deal is.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Maybe Venditti brought Valiant's playbook to DC and events will be relatively compact?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Roth posted:

really small and easily ignored

quote:

Other titles, such as the return of “Justice League of America” in February, will spin out of the event.