Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's a shame Patrick Warbuton isn't our immortal ageless god-emperor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Captain Marvel is a woman, you mean Shazam.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.
Patrick Warburton as Carol Danvers. Don't tell me you don't want it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Citation needed.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Aphrodite posted:

mods?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

He's right.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Shazam, right, I saw that guy on The Greatest American Hero

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
The Big Red Cheese is the only acceptable moniker for that guy. :colbert:

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

X-O posted:

He's right.

Not really, no. Carol Danvers is only one of the many individuals who have taken the mantle of Captain Marvel.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

teagone posted:

The Rock in the DCEU Shazam movie

That's another one people have written off as basically dead, right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Not really, no. Carol Danvers is only one of the many individuals who have taken the mantle of Captain Marvel.

They're not making a movie about any of the others. Ever.

Except Shazam.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

They're not making a movie about any of the others. Ever.

Except Shazam.

You say that as if you know 100% for a fact they won't - when you really don't know jack poo poo. Stop being a smartass.

At this point, it's all speculation - nothing should be treated as fact, including any bogus statements you say.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone's off their meds.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Someone's off their meds.

I like that instead of trying to come up with a counter argument, you instead make fun of me. When you're ready to have a discussion like an adult, we'll talk.

The likelihood that they'll do a film on any of the Captain Marvels is totally up in the air - nobody knows except for the people at Marvel Studios. Carol Danvers has one of the more compelling stories of the group (and brings diversity to the MCU), but that doesn't mean the others are completely out of the picture until said otherwise.

Jonny_Rocket fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 1, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

*Captains Marvel

And while you're technically correct, the chances of, say, a Mar-Vell movie are vastly smaller than a Carol Danvers one.

(Though, yes, someone attacking you is totally unnecessary.)

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Mr Hootington posted:

Also gently caress warren Beatty because he has made it so dick Tracy will never be adapted again until after his death.

Dick Tracy is lucky that he was portrayed by Warren "Pussy Slayer" Beatty. The man's like all four horseman of the pussy slaying apocalypse.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jonny_Rocket posted:

You say that as if you know 100% for a fact they won't - when you really don't know jack poo poo. Stop being a smartass.

At this point, it's all speculation - nothing should be treated as fact, including any bogus statements you say.

Unless a movie is being actively worked on you should always take its ongoing existence with a grain of salt. Especially something like Shazam where there's an actor with a vague role and that's about it. Especially especially with Dwayne Johnson who is an extremely busy actor and isn't going to sit around on a role with no forward momentum.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

*Captains Marvel

And while you're technically correct, the chances of, say, a Mar-Vell movie are vastly smaller than a Carol Danvers one.

(Though, yes, someone attacking you is totally unnecessary.)

I 100% agree. Mar-Vell's story is a bit convoluted and not as compelling as Carol Danvers, that's for sure. As I said eariler too, it helps diversify the MCU, which is primarily men.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Someone's developing the Captain Marvel that falls apart as a movie right now.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Dwayne seems committed to Shazam in the way Ryan Reynolds was committed to making Deadpool happen. Obviously a lot of that is internet sources and such, but the Rock seems genuine in trying to make it happen.

Would be really cool and I hope it does.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I know it's been said before but I think Tatum should play Shazam, he would be great as a 12 year old stuck in a superhero's body.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I would hate to see what a Shazam movie in the style of the current DCCU would be like.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Jonny_Rocket posted:

I like that instead of trying to come up with a counter argument, you instead make fun of me. When you're ready to have a discussion like an adult, we'll talk.

The likelihood that they'll do a film on any of the Captain Marvels is totally up in the air - nobody knows except for the people at Marvel Studios. Carol Danvers has one of the more compelling stories of the group (and brings diversity to the MCU), but that doesn't mean the others are completely out of the picture until said otherwise.

With the ways studios work regarding their franchises its honestly not really that much up in the air. They simply aren't going to have multiple Captain Marvels, its just not something they will do. They've hitched the wagon to Carol Danvers, at the very best you get a throwaway joke or cameo for any of the others.

Edit: Unless you think they haven't chosen who they are doing for the Captain Marvel movie, which it kinda seems like you think that from your posts. But they have, its Carol.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

I think the Shazam movie is one of the ones that is announced for like 2019 or so. A lot of plans can change in three years, so who knows if it'll happen or not. The entire DCCU could collapse as a failed experiment if the Justice League movie tanks.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I'm guessing there's a slight chance Mar-Vell shows up in Carol's movie but just lol at the demand that I keep an expectation for a mar-vell standalone movie

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

With the ways studios work regarding their franchises its honestly not really that much up in the air. They simply aren't going to have multiple Captain Marvels, its just not something they will do. They've hitched the wagon to Carol Danvers, at the very best you get a throwaway joke or cameo for any of the others.

Edit: Unless you think they haven't chosen who they are doing for the Captain Marvel movie, which it kinda seems like you think that from your posts. But they have, its Carol.

I agree with you - multiple Captain Marvels would most likely confuse the hell out of the regular movie-going audience. It's bad enough that we've had at least three different actors playing Spider-Man at this point.

The point I was trying to make was that there's been multiple individuals with the Captain Marvel moniker, so Aphrodite saying that "Captain Marvel is female" is a false statement. If he had provided a sound argument like you did instead of saying "They're not making a movie about any of the others. Ever.", I wouldn't have gotten as annoyed as I did. His responses are super childish and it rubbed me the wrong way.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

site posted:

I'm guessing there's a slight chance Mar-Vell shows up in Carol's movie but just lol at the demand that I keep an expectation for a mar-vell standalone movie

Feige already said she will have an all new origin. Also AoS already ruined the Kree so they probably want to distance themselves from that now.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Multiple Spider-Man actors wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep doing the origin and Goblins. James Bond has had multiple actors and people don't get confused.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

It's one of those rather underrated pulpy ones. Like, nothing earthshattering hitting heights never before seen, just a fun and rather stylish looking movie. See also The Rocketeer or The Shadow.

Or maybe I'm just a sucker for that 20s-40s aesthetic.

I think the Shadow is the best one of these, as it actually has a pretty playful script, great acting, and some balls out concepts.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

Feige already said she will have an all new origin. Also AoS already ruined the Kree so they probably want to distance themselves from that now.

I kinda had a hunch something like that would happen when Ronin showed up in GotG

Ah well, tbh where she got her powers isn't something I care enough about to get hung up on

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Wait, who doesn't really like Billy Zane?

The proprietors of this hotel when they wouldn't let Zane have a room: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuuYJ6pvl68

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

I would hate to see what a Shazam movie in the style of the current DCCU would be like.

I want to see it. Not because I think it will be good, but because I want to see how hard they miss the point.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Endless Mike posted:

I want to see it. Not because I think it will be good, but because I want to see how hard they miss the point.

It would be kind of funny if they got like a James Gunn type who made a movie about this energetic good-hearted kid who turns into a dark brooding murderous Zack Snyder protagonist when he says Shazam.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

It would be kind of funny if they got like a James Gunn type who made a movie about this energetic good-hearted kid who turns into a dark brooding murderous Zack Snyder protagonist when he says Shazam.

I don't believe WB has the rights to Kid Miracleman.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

mycot posted:

That's another one people have written off as basically dead, right?

No. http://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-how-shazam-movie-will-build-warner-bros-recent-dc-comics-misfires-489840

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Also AoS already ruined the Kree so they probably want to distance themselves from that now.

No one cares about AoS.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Shazam would be a really good opportunity for a fun, smart movie about how bright, cheerful, optimistic, whimsical things aren't necessarily less "mature" than dark, cynical, gritty things, and in fact the opposite is often true.

Which is why DC will never do one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Jon Favreau is playing Happy Hogan again in Spider-Man.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

X-O posted:

Jon Favreau is playing Happy Hogan again in Spider-Man.

I'm oddly happy about this. I liked Faverau's Hogan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Tatum needs to be the lead in the Malibu Comics Filmiverse.

It's Prime Time!

• Locked thread