Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Guys, I have a confession. It was me. I was emailing Hillary Clinton at the time of Ben Ghazi. It was mostly a bunch of messages about how dumb bill is today, what's good on pizza and I think bond films? Its been a while, but I deleted most of them because I'm not made of money for inbox storage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Lord Hydronium posted:

Cardassian mystery novels fit even better:

Off topic, but wasn't there an Agatha Christie novel with this exact theme?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Who is whining about emails? I was asking about the specific email

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Popular Thug Drink posted:

someone rename this guy BetterToRuleInHell.unsafe

No, if I have to log back in I'm never gonna remember that. Goddamn you PTD

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/HMittelmark/status/771073655434534912

welcome to this world, Harambe II

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

This is a competition, certainly the standout has to be Harambe McHarambeface the 2nd?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

emails emails emails Emails Emails Emails EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS :argh:
I read this in Strong Bad's voice and suddenly it's way better.

From now on I will treat all discussion of emailghazi as sbemailghazi

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

zoux posted:

Huh turns out that Space X explosion was just The Lord God Jesus Christ Who Manages Hillary Clinton's Campaign looking out for us :unsmith:
https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/771376217408897025

But Facebook is a liberal media organization that hides breitbart from the public view??

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Frogfingers posted:

This is a competition, certainly the standout has to be Harambe McHarambeface the 2nd?

Do you think we could rig the vote like we've done in the past? :patriot:

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.

Nucleic Acids posted:

Off topic, but wasn't there an Agatha Christie novel with this exact theme?

Murder on the Orient Express? Everyone Did It. I don't think I need to spoiler that, it's a decades old book.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DoF Harambe is a noble and pure creature

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Iron Crowned posted:

That contest is going to be nothing but rigging attempts from reddit, 4chan, etc. assuming they don't just make a list and let people choose one, offering no freetext field for "Other"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

That one angel with the sax knows how to party.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
His name is Doctor Harambe Zaius, PHD! :colbert:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Harambe was his first and last name.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Iron Crowned posted:

SA got out of the election rigging game when we hit middle age and decided we'd rather work on our Zen garden in the back yard and WHY IS THAT NEIGHBOR KiD TRYING TO CALL ME RED SHIRT IN MY OWN YARD GET OFF THAT TRAMPOLINE YOU LITTLE poo poo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Crabtree posted:

Guys, I have a confession. It was me. I was emailing Hillary Clinton at the time of Ben Ghazi. It was mostly a bunch of messages about how dumb bill is today, what's good on pizza and I think bond films? Its been a while, but I deleted most of them because I'm not made of money for inbox storage.

RELEASE THE GOD drat COUPONS ALREADY

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Given that those were done before Trump went Full Trump last night, and lied about his meeting with President Peña Nieto, I'd like to see them again once this has had a few days to work through the public.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

No Harambe :mad:

AlouetteNR
Jun 6, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

not believing in russells teapot is an act of faith, and faith is irrational, so it should be put on the flag

There is a real though minor difference between not believing in something and firmly believing in the absence of something.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Magres posted:

No Harambe :mad:

animals don't have souls and thus cannot ascend to heaven. There are no dogs in heaven, only simulacrums made by god to LOOK like your dog, happy to help.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

zoux posted:

Because what if we lose the presidency in 2020.

https://twitter.com/AU4Change/status/771363035973844992

Christie vetoed a $15 min wage increase on Tuesday.

He has his chicken fingers on the pulse of what the people want.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Popular Thug Drink posted:

here i found the thread where you can whine about emails to your little heart's content, you're welcome

exactly one thread interested me "Hamarabe Memes"

i didn't click on it tho, cause i know the idea of it is gonna be far better then the execution

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
oh wait, i assumed it was a play on words but the gorilla was called hamarabe too, gently caress

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
wow i dont know how i got confused but now im disappointed

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

sarmhan posted:

Harambe was his first and last name.

Harambe Harambe, and his brother, Luigi Harambe.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Business Gorillas posted:

You act like CNN/NBC/FOX are even going to be around, let alone relevant, when the baby boomers die off

Sure seems stupid to expect CNN, NBC, or FOX to be gone by 2045. NBC's already been around for 90 goddamn years and is part of one of the wealthiest companies in the world, similarly CNN and FOX are separately parts of very wealthy and powerful companies that are unlikely to collapse r anything, even though they're nowhere near as long-standing.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

animals don't have souls and thus cannot ascend to heaven. There are no dogs in heaven, only simulacrums made by god to LOOK like your dog, happy to help.

Wasn't there a Twilight Zone episode about this?

Only Hell would keep dogs out.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

wouldnt that effectively be my dog then

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Does everyone feel like the stupid poo poo their city's inhabitants do gets fixated on or is that just a thing for us here in Cincinnati?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/gdebenedetti/status/771375671281057796

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Crooked Hillary!!! :argh:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

wouldnt that effectively be my dog then
a simulacrum that is indistinguishable from reality is still not reality, so no, it would not be your dog.

Prove me wrong, solipstards.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

a simulacrum that is indistinguishable from reality is still not reality, so no, it would not be your dog.

More to the point, if God can create dog simulacra, why can't he create Harambe simulacra

and even more to the point, what does God need with a starship?

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

AlouetteNR posted:

There is a real though minor difference between not believing in something and firmly believing in the absence of something.
What is it? I'd rather not try to guess what you mean by this.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

theshim posted:

and even more to the point, what does God need with a starship?

He needed a reason for Kirk, Spock and McCoy to punch him in the dick. :colbert:

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

fishmech posted:

Sure seems stupid to expect CNN, NBC, or FOX to be gone by 2045. NBC's already been around for 90 goddamn years and is part of one of the wealthiest companies in the world, similarly CNN and FOX are separately parts of very wealthy and powerful companies that are unlikely to collapse r anything, even though they're nowhere near as long-standing.
It's probably not stupid to expect that they can't continue in their present form for that much longer - no one under retirement age watches them. Hell, I'm not sure the fate of cable television in the main what with Netflix eating the world.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

What is the thing that makes reality "reality" then, which the simulacrum lacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Kilroy posted:

It's probably not stupid to expect that they can't continue in their present form for that much longer - no one under retirement age watches them. Hell, I'm not sure the fate of cable television in the main what with Netflix eating the world.

Half of Fox's viewership is 68 or more and isn't replacing fast enough to stay viable. Fox is going to have to pivot hard to remain watched, scale down operations or close down altogether.

• Locked thread