Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
I didn't know Oda watched That Mitchell and Webb Look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2NP4WZJ-mI

Also, Certain Island should have its own One Piece Wiki page by now. That place seems to get mentioned a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I love when villains talk about how the Strawhats would be crazy to show up somewhere.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I wonder if Luffy is going to show up to the wedding inside one of Biscuit's armors. Or is biscuit armor not catch a man's fancy like a European style suit of armor?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

oddium posted:

heck yeah wonder red and wonder blue
I'm glad I'm not the only one who instantly thought this

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Ethiser posted:

I love when villains talk about how the Strawhats would be crazy to show up somewhere.

Big Mom wants Luffy to show up. You saw how disappointed she was at the news.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i feel like cracker is oda scrambling to make a char look cooler bc an editor said "nah, this character looks dumb" and justifying it in a weird way

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Cracker has done really well for a guy who just makes biscuits.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Cracker has stupid powers even by OP standards. A loving "Cracker-man"? Really, Oda?

I mean I get that we're establishing a theme here with the food thing, but come on.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Crazyeyes posted:

Cracker has stupid powers even by OP standards. A loving "Cracker-man"? Really, Oda?

I mean I get that we're establishing a theme here with the food thing, but come on.

he's a cookie man.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Cookies are the toughest force in the universe, harder than diamond even

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Rigged Death Trap posted:

All biscuits and crackers go all soft when wet
So luffy is going to use his blood to wet and soften them up.

he's going to use haki and progressively stronger punches

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
luffy is gonna use the thing he alluded to when flashbacking to gear 4

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

All you need is the willpower to make them so.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe

anime was right posted:

i feel like cracker is oda scrambling to make a char look cooler bc an editor said "nah, this character looks dumb" and justifying it in a weird way

I'm glad of the change. If someone if gonna match Luffy I don't want it to be generic viking helmet guy. I wonder what happened to his face, though. For a guy terrified of pain, that's one nasty scar to have.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Sparking Red. Electric Blue.

Sanji's color is black (Black Leg Sanji), because he's the black sheep. Oda does it again.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

anime was right posted:

luffy is gonna use the thing he alluded to when flashbacking to gear 4

Which thing? :confused: I genuinely forget the specific line, I didn't even realize he alluded to something then.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
You guys are overthinking Cracker's power. He just needed to be a guy Luffy gets tied up with for a while. He works like Mr. 3, he can make big armor suits and they can move and think and feed information to him because the plot needs them to. It's string clones, it's Sugar making giant toys out of a dozen men, we had a fuckin Candy man, don't worry about it. I am so loving stoked for this arc, it's really hit the ground running. Luffy is being held up but the rest of the Strawhats are firmly taking control of the island already.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005
It did feel a bit like JoJo in a "you thought his power was 'multiple limbs' but nope! this week it is 'cookie cutter troops' after all" sort of way.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I dunno, I was kind of amused by the nanomachines cookie crumbs reveal.

If there's a kind of ability power creep, where more and more people have abilities that mean they can do basically whatever they want... that's fine, because we're dealing with the (probably) number three person under one of the top 4 pirates in the world. If any group of people are going to just have totally "I can do whatever" powers, it'll be someone on that level.

And honestly, it is basically just Mr. 3's ability with a cookie theme and a much stronger person behind it.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I mean I do admit I spit up drink when he said he made a special jam mixture to simulate blood. I 100% believe that this decision was made between these two chapters but I see that as a good thing. Oda is so goddamn flexible.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Space-Bird posted:

Sparking Red. Electric Blue.

Sanji's color is black (Black Leg Sanji), because he's the black sheep. Oda does it again.

The colors of all of the kids also make up a sentai team with red obviously being the leader

I also hope Nami figures out how to rain on cracker-man's parade

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Leave one out on the counter for a few days and this is absolutely true

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Xelkelvos posted:

That would be amazing.

And yeah, only in One Piece is a dude with Biscuit powers an absolutely massive threat. I loved this chapter. Also, I'm looking forward to the adventures of Carrot and Chopper.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Xelkelvos posted:

The colors of all of the kids also make up a sentai team with red obviously being the leader

nah, luffy will use the juice. its only been brought up like 5 times lol

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Which thing? :confused: I genuinely forget the specific line, I didn't even realize he alluded to something then.

http://read.powermanga.org/read/one_piece/en/0/790/page/13

rayleigh basically says "yeah come up with something better than gear 4th you numbskull"

anime was right fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 1, 2016

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

anime was right posted:

nah, luffy will use the juice. its only been brought up like 5 times lol

Luffy could theoretically just like.. .eat the biscuit armor.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
We need a Milk Milk man. Or that girl from Ace's cover story.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Biscuitdoughhandsman is great and I can't wait to see him accidentally power up Luffy with delicious, murderous cookie knights. It's like Enel or Perona all over again, you can't defeat a shonen hero with food!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

oddium posted:

heck yeah wonder red and wonder blue
Even better: Wonder Green was the food lover of the team and the third (important) member to join. Guess where Sanji falls in with his brothers.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

AradoBalanga posted:

Even better: Wonder Green was the food lover of the team and the third (important) member to join. Guess where Sanji falls in with his brothers.

He was also French and all of Sanji's attacks are in French.

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

anime was right posted:

http://read.powermanga.org/read/one_piece/en/0/790/page/13

rayleigh basically says "yeah come up with something better than gear 4th you numbskull"

I always interpreted this scene as setting up King Kong Gun. Because regular Kong Gun didn't work on the new bigger creature he developed a stronger version that could take out the guy without him having to damage his body by staying in gear fourth longer.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

I always interpreted this scene as setting up King Kong Gun. Because regular Kong Gun didn't work on the new bigger creature he developed a stronger version that could take out the guy without him having to damage his body by staying in gear fourth longer.

i'd forgotten is entirely but the fact is that rayleigh waved luffy off so there is definitely something else

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

he says that gear 4 is too big a toll on luffys body which is the key part. it implies that he needs to do something other than gear 4. it would make sense he has a final powerup to rely on and show before he has to get the Actual Final Powerup he figures out vs like Blackbeard or someone

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Wait, is Cracker a Biscuit man in the British sense or the American sense? Because if he's just a cookie man then gently caress him, that's weak. Proper biscuits can be way harder and go much better with jam.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Gyges posted:

Wait, is Cracker a Biscuit man in the British sense or the American sense? Because if he's just a cookie man then gently caress him, that's weak. Proper biscuits can be way harder and go much better with jam.

Well, he's not bleeding gravy, that's for sure.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Biscuit even has a little monologue about how even simple biscuits have evolved over the years, I assume Oda's referring to fancy pastries and crazy poo poo they're doing with cakes and desserts now, I dunno, it works, loving Black Knight made even less sense. Strings? Strings?

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Yeah, this guy got it. Why would they set up Gear Fifth and then not show it? Luffy was remembering when he first realized Gear Fourth might not be enough, so he combined it with Gear Third to make the King Kong Gun.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mr 3's wax stuff ruled. magellan's poison was baller. controlling cookie crumbs to make impenetrable shadow clones... :whitewater:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

oddium posted:

mr 3's wax stuff ruled. magellan's poison was baller. controlling cookie crumbs to make impenetrable shadow clones... :whitewater:

devil fruit awakening is a thing and its coming soon because it has to otherwise luffy can't beat kaidou. I still don't think he's going to fight big mam

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

oddium posted:

Making biscuit clones is a bit much, I agree. If Cracker was just making biscuit armor for himself, or biscuit golems that Big Mom was infusing with life then that's one thing. At least Doflamingo had the benefit of the doubt that he was marionetting his string clone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

maybe luffy just needs to learn he doesn't need to be the strongest to be the strongest