Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You don't see him getting fined for it though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Metapod posted:

Do you go to Prarie view or Texas Southern?

UT

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm legitimately shocked Texas would have such a class

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Imagine a world where LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul dropped a BLM speech on the biggest sports stage. Could you imagine.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-is-enough.html
...The ESPYs?

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Imagine a world where LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul dropped a BLM speech on the biggest sports stage. Could you imagine.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-is-enough.html

Yep, and the odd thing is most everyone I've met were very supportive of him/them.

Even my GOP, trump voting father was :unsmith: about it, and said he thought those guys did a hell of a job.

I don't know, just Kaepernick comes across as a dick.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Metapod posted:

I'm legitimately shocked Texas would have such a class

Its a loving amazing class with over 500 people enrolled and another 100 on the waitlist. We talk about all the ways that white america has systematically hosed over black people since slavery ended

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

FuzzySkinner posted:

Yep, and the odd thing is most everyone I've met were very supportive of him/them.

Even my GOP, trump voting father was :unsmith: about it, and said he thought those guys did a hell of a job.

I don't know, just Kaepernick comes across as a dick.

was he Manspreading

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

blue squares posted:

Its a loving amazing class with over 500 people enrolled and another 100 on the waitlist. We talk about all the ways that white america has systematically hosed over black people since slavery ended

Agreed classes like that own

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Are there white people in that class who vocally whine about reverse racism

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

blue squares posted:

There's no way you could fit everything into one semester.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
infuriating people who fetishize the military owns

infuriating racists owns

making nfl people and other tv people say asinine/dumb-as-hell poo poo owns

kaep owns

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My beef with Colin Kaepernick ended the moment Richard Sherman tipped that pass. So I feel pretty safe saying that Colin Kaepernick owns now.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

sam bradford lmao posted:

Are there white people in that class who vocally whine about reverse racism

I have sat in on the class before and none of them do it intentionally because the entire class groans loudly at them or laughs, but the professor is incredibly good at getting students to work through the implications of their argument and so they end up saying something racist or realizing they are about to, stopping mid-sentence, and then the class laugs

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
im taking "history of black entrepreneurs" this semester at UT to get a dumb writing flag so i can loving graduate

ama

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Today we spent half the class talking about fraternity parties and the racism within, including whether its okay if white students sing along to songs with the word "nigga" in them. Several fraternity members did their best to defend their frats, all but one were laughed at by the class

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Scionix posted:

im taking "history of black entrepreneurs" this semester at UT to get a dumb writing flag so i can loving graduate

ama

Whatever happened to fubu?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/771423316934553604

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Last weekend I was in the Ozarks for a float trip. We were riding in a school bus to the source of the river when "Gold Digger" started playing. All the white people on the bus had no problem rapping along to "nigga".

The casual homophobia and racism last weekend was off the charts :iamafag:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Am I still allowed to dislike Kaep because although I have no disagreement about this police thing I firmly believe he's a lousy QB?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Whatever happened to fubu?

did black people wear Stussy

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Last weekend I was in the Ozarks for a float trip. We were riding in a school bus to the source of the river when "Gold Digger" started playing. All the white people on the bus had no problem rapping along to "nigga".

Gonna guess you were floating on the Niangua and yeah no poo poo all of the Ozarkians are like that.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

ecko turned into marc ecko which is really expensive. like $35 for a t shirt

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

He's making it sound like "oh this is part of my distant past, I'm different now" but weren't those photos from like 3 weeks ago?

I dunno, standing up for racial equality is good, not standing during the anthem is whatever, but I don't think you can really make yourself into a spokesperson if you send a message like that prior to making your official stand. That combined with the Castro thing...I think he's just a tool who wants people to focus on him rather than someone seriously attempting to inspire change.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

blue squares posted:

Today we spent half the class talking about fraternity parties and the racism within, including whether its okay if white students sing along to songs with the word "nigga" in them. Several fraternity members did their best to defend their frats, all but one were laughed at by the class

paging daltos

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

No Butt Stuff posted:

Gonna guess you were floating on the Niangua and yeah no poo poo all of the Ozarkians are like that.
We were in Steelville and floated down the Courtois and Meramec.

This was my second time doing it and quite honestly I had a blast. Everyone was friendly and the only "racist" comment directed towards me was "you don't have to worry about sunburn :haw:"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

without exception all ~10 people I have heard complaining about white people rapping along without skipping the word nigga were white

also the type to distinguish between "rap" and "hip-hop" so maybe the conception of nontraditional black music as legitimate art has something to do with that

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

True Story I did not know nelly - country grammar had a "dirty" version until like last year

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hifi posted:

True Story I did not know nelly - country grammar had a "dirty" version until like last year

st louis isn't exactly a clean city

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Am I still allowed to dislike Kaep because although I have no disagreement about this police thing I firmly believe he's a lousy QB?

You can dislike Kaep the QB and not dislike other parts of Kaep the human being.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

blue squares posted:

Shame it's not during the summer so you can have a baller Juneteenth.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

seiferguy posted:

You can dislike Kaep the QB and not dislike other parts of Kaep the human being.

So confusing to see a Seahawks fan say this. If only it were true outside of sane TFF people 😢

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fsif posted:

Chip going to leave Kaep in all game with a third string OL.

joey bosa must feed

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Coldforge posted:

So confusing to see a Seahawks fan say this. If only it were true outside of sane TFF people 😢

The 12th man: keeping it real and trying to teach other Fandoms how to see players as people. :gohawks:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Whoops, I thought I was logged in as Lord Waffle.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Chichevache posted:

Whoops, I thought I was logged in as Lord Waffle.

You implied non-Twelves are people. Fraud detected.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

My friend I have to tell you that going to the Ozarks for any reason is a huge mistake so I would recommend you not do it again!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ross Angeles posted:

joey bosa must feed

He's not playing.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
anyone have a close-up of the castro shirt? I cant really make it out

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Tremendous Taste posted:

without exception all ~10 people I have heard complaining about white people rapping along without skipping the word nigga were white

also the type to distinguish between "rap" and "hip-hop" so maybe the conception of nontraditional black music as legitimate art has something to do with that

why do I get the feeling you have not discussed this issue with many african americans

to be sure, most don't care. But if you want to really think about it, it can be an interesting discussion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chinatown posted:

He's not playing.

Darius Philon must feed

• Locked thread