Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I've beaten Oryx with a team of 4 :smuggo:

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

VJeff posted:

How much would Void Burn even change KF, besides Golgoroth making GBS threads on you even faster if he catches you out of cover.

Arc Burn I can see being loving devastating.

Thats a good question then,

What element are Acolyte Eyes and Centurion orbs?
Also Ogre beam is void right?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

el B posted:

I've beaten Oryx with a team of 4 :smuggo:

:synpa:

Not possible man. It's synchronized swimming so you had to wipe as soon as you started :mad:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
i took on two daughters with a whole squad of dudes

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

VJeff posted:

How much would Void Burn even change KF, besides Golgoroth making GBS threads on you even faster if he catches you out of cover.

Arc Burn I can see being loving devastating.

Centurion Axion bolts will one shot you with Void Burn and their level exceeds yours. Equal level it leaves you at a pixel of health.
Taken hobgoblins will gently caress your world up with their retaliation blast but they aren't in KF.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So my friendly mod-ghost finally resurrected me, I look forward to posting about the Rise of Iron expansion to Destiny by Bungie, as well as posting more gifv movies of me crutching storm shotty

http://i.imgur.com/lf6Vdiz.gifv

edit: avatar owns im keeping it

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
So it's been confirmed that the new raid is an ode to Iron Lords. As such, the first stage requires that you queue up and win three Iron Banner-style light-enabled crucible matches in a row against other prospective raid teams in order to proceed to the next leg of the raid. If you lose, you have to queue up again. They're planning to have a buff sort of like the Trials Mercy where you can spend a new currency to forgive a loss.

People are concerned that this will make raiding more difficult, but the lead designer of Bungie's raid team said during a Q&A with GameInformer that it will be really fun.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

lmao i love that you still have the perma avatar

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

So it's been confirmed that the new raid is an ode to Iron Lords. As such, the first stage requires that you queue up and win three Iron Banner-style light-enabled crucible matches in a row against other prospective raid teams in order to proceed to the next leg of the raid. If you lose, you have to queue up again. They're planning to have a buff sort of like the Trials Mercy where you can spend a new currency to forgive a loss.

People are concerned that this will make raiding more difficult, but the lead designer of Bungie's raid team said during a Q&A with GameInformer that it will be really fun.

I would be okay with this and wouldn't even both doing the raid. Just gatekeeping pubbies out of it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cerepol posted:

Thats a good question then,

What element are Acolyte Eyes and Centurion orbs?
Also Ogre beam is void right?

I think the eye blast Acolytes get is the same as the Ogre beam, so void.

I'm fairly certain axion darts are arc. I THINK their guns are void. And the Taken Knight's guns.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Centurion Axion bolts will one shot you with Void Burn and their level exceeds yours. Equal level it leaves you at a pixel of health.
Taken hobgoblins will gently caress your world up with their retaliation blast but they aren't in KF.

As said, I think axion darts are arc, it's their guns that are void (I may have that backwards). Which is why I think arc burn would just be loving devastating, you'd have
- Tons of Acolytes and Knights have Boomers.
- Warpriest's Boomer.
- Wizards
- Daughters, but in practice, this wouldn't affect much.
- Centurions axion darts.
- Motherfucking Acolyte Eyes

Warpriest becomes a lot harder and I think you'd see a ton more deaths on the platforms during Daughters/Oryx. Acolye Eyes would be ruining people's lives constantly.

Wouldn't that make more sense for an Osiris-themed raid than an Iron Lords themed raid? Iron Banner it'd be more like play until you fill a weekly rep bar, only wins give rep and losing gives you a buff that makes your next win count a little bit more. Which sounds kind of a loving cool, the more I think about it but would probably just be tedious in practice.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Sep 1, 2016

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

An Iron Lords-themed raid clearly needs to feature enemies that teleport behind you and kill you after you pump them full of bullets

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
Taken Acolytes shoot arc Shredders
Taken Acolyte Eyes shoot arc blasts
Taken Knights shoot void Boomers
Taken Centurions shoot arc Projection Rifles
Taken Centurion axion darts are void
Taken Ogres shoot arc eye blasts

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rick_Hunter posted:

Taken Ogres shoot arc eye blasts

Wait, isn't there only one of those?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Light eater ogres are technically taken iirc

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This is a good thing for Take That.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
Your mom's a cock eating ogre and I've definitely taken her

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That's actually interesting on its own for Will of Light and Take That, but probably wouldn't matter for any hypothetical Burn modifiers because if you ever actually let a Light Eater Ogre get an attack off, wtf.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This was the 14th post on this page

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This was the 14th post on this page

He is risen

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Has anyone else seen this masterpiece? https://www.facebook.com/EBGamesAus/videos/1178666118838403/

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Vids old and also half the actual video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft4_I2SatsU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

I liked The Sweet Escape one better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgD8XIrhKEM

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

moist turtleneck posted:

I miss the days where you could be an absolute shitlord but be highly wanted by everyone because you had a gjallahorn

The 360 days :madmax:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Vog is still the best raid theyve designed. Especially the final battle the idea of the fireteam being split and both sides needing to follow simple mechanics for a few rotations was cool and good.

Baby sitting a platform and orb wasnt that great. Kings fall having to grab the spark or whatever and jump on poo poo suuuuucked. I hated doing sisters.

Crota was too simple and too easy for someone to carry a team but Vog seemed to have that right method of doing the whole run and gun and mechanic thing altogether even though there were cheeses if you sucked.

I think totems was cool, the bucket game mechanic bit was cool, war priest was cool, golgoroth was ok, the dark maze was cool, jumping puzzles were fine, sisters and oryx fight were kinda lame. Bridge fight in crota was cool, running the maze was cool, all of vog was good fun except the chimes took a little too long.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

I would be down for this. Anything that makes me get rage messages I'm all for.

magic_pixie
May 14, 2013

I'm the red bar, it was me all along!

There was that story recently where Bungie said they were tossing around the idea of matchmaking for raids. I'm imagining this with matchmaking and it is glorious.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

BlindSite posted:

Vog is still the best raid theyve designed. Especially the final battle the idea of the fireteam being split and both sides needing to follow simple mechanics for a few rotations was cool and good.

Baby sitting a platform and orb wasnt that great. Kings fall having to grab the spark or whatever and jump on poo poo suuuuucked. I hated doing sisters.

Crota was too simple and too easy for someone to carry a team but Vog seemed to have that right method of doing the whole run and gun and mechanic thing altogether even though there were cheeses if you sucked.

I think totems was cool, the bucket game mechanic bit was cool, war priest was cool, golgoroth was ok, the dark maze was cool, jumping puzzles were fine, sisters and oryx fight were kinda lame. Bridge fight in crota was cool, running the maze was cool, all of vog was good fun except the chimes took a little too long.

Yeah VOG is the best raid.

First half of Crota was good.

KF is really good when you're on your journey through the dreadnought. But most of the boss fights were lame puzzles.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Actually the story was that they tossed that idea off a 69 story building into a pit of horse manure.

They said assuming team coordination and communication was integral to their entire raid design process and that strikes are as far as they can take it when they can't assume full mics and a party leader.

You know, like every sane person in this thread has said for years.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
http://i.imgur.com/dI1M8Ey.gifv

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Actually the story was that they tossed that idea off a 69 story building into a pit of horse manure.

They said assuming team coordination and communication was integral to their entire raid design process and that strikes are as far as they can take it when they can't assume full mics and a party leader.

You know, like every sane person in this thread has said for years.

Yeah this. They pretty much said theres no way you could do a raid without having communication and theyre right.

At times it can be hard enough to get people to be in the right place for a raid theyve done ten times. Can you imagine trying to coordinate golgoroth without coordination.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

they tossed that idea off a 69 story building into a pit of horse manure.

That's my fetish

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
deathsinger in crota was also good except for the clean up at the end. The adds should've just died when you kill the boss like they do in literally like every other fight in the game.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

genuine question, have they done anything with clans at all?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Big things are being promised for RoI both in game and via the website

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Nah, but private matches means theres probably going to be some third party support for rankings. Theyve also talked about in game things but nothing confirmed.

The former iskind of annoying now because most clan battles are really just who's better at shotguns and super rock paper scissors.

Still no real patch notes to know for sure.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Update next week on the 8th. After that you'll only be able to get get 1 sterling treasure per week by playing 41 PoE so if you're trying to get a Taken set make sure you get the ones from this week and next reset.

Bungie said in a podcast we will get a new world event (like the blades of crota or the wolves) before ROI, so we might see those on the 8th too

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That should be fun. Theres a 54 minute q and a up on the game informer website but I havent bothered with it.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

lmao

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Glad Bungie is at PAX, gonna try and farm their booth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Apparently I'm going Sunday...maybe I will discuss writing tips and tricks with Deej.

• Locked thread