Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I would worry more about Bra if she doesn't show up in some form after Goku Black arc is over. It a fitting spot for her to be born while Future Trunks is still hanging around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
i want to see vegeta and bulma have a daughter. please make Bra a reality Toriyama.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Trunks keeps coming back and creating offshoot timelines. The DBZ epilogue is one of many.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Bulma is probably already pregnant with Bra. I'm sure she designed some sort of incubation chamber so she doesn't have to be pregnant again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goku Black will die and Vegeta will wish very hard for a chance to fight an opponent that strong again and then Bra will be born and mysteriously her hair will flicker pink...

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
according to the Dragon Ball Wiki, this DB Super arc is taking place in the year 780, the same year it lists Bra as being born. So.... yeah, why is she older than Pan in the epilogue of DBZ? It'll probably be retconned, but still. Other than that, things mostly make sense and it wouldn't surprise me if Bra being born happens soon after this arc or something.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It'd be fine with Bra not showing up because it's not like the final chapter of the dbz manga was that great anyhow. So go ahead and ignore it Toriyama.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I want to see Vegeta and Bulma's discussion about the tail.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lupus Rufus posted:

according to the Dragon Ball Wiki, this DB Super arc is taking place in the year 780, the same year it lists Bra as being born. So.... yeah, why is she older than Pan in the epilogue of DBZ? It'll probably be retconned, but still. Other than that, things mostly make sense and it wouldn't surprise me if Bra being born happens soon after this arc or something.

Bra goes into the hyperbolic time chamber for a year or two at some point. Problem solved.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

ImpAtom posted:

Bra goes into the hyperbolic time chamber for a year or two at some point. Problem solved.

:aaaaa:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

ImpAtom posted:

it makes sense that Vegeta would try and make his daughter strong

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
There's only so much room in the cast for adorable babies, and we already have Pan and Marron.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's kind of funny that Yamcha is the first character in the entire series who uses a named special technique.

Like, I thought it was Roshi doing the kamehameha attack to extinguish the Ox King's mountain, but it's Yamcha using his Wolf Fang Fist to beat Goku the first time they meet.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Lupus Rufus posted:

She never was older than Pan. Bra is the younger of the two, even if the anime might have seemed to imply otherwise. A guidebook claimed otherwise at one point, but was corrected.

Which makes her GT design even creepier.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Bulma would probably point out Pan doesn't have one for a good reason:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Lupus Rufus posted:

The DB Wiki is entirely fan-made though, and is actually using a logical timeline that is, sadly, not real. The timeline they show never accepted the Super retcon of BoG happening six months after Buu rather than four years later.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blaze Dragon posted:

The DB Wiki is entirely fan-made though, and is actually using a logical timeline that is, sadly, not real. The timeline they show never accepted the Super retcon of BoG happening six months after Buu rather than four years later.

Thats because it did happen four years later.

The first episode was 6 months after but time skips happened.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Shadowhand00 posted:

Speaking of Bra, I find it weird what happens in DBM regarding alt-Bra and her parentage. Vegitto straight up leaves chichi and she's okay with it?

I know its a fan fic but still, so weird.

I distinctly remember Vegitto showing up and Bulma and ChiChi going eh this is fine in regard to the whole fusion thing but it's been awhile I'm pretty sure Bulma just got pregnant first.

StrifeHira posted:

Of course, you need to have the most powerful pun in the series for her. She is destined for greatness. Trunks learned that the hard way.

I like how this is consistent with saiyan babies being giant pains in the rear end to raise. No wonder they kept them in tanks until they're like 3 years old

New Leaf posted:

Bulma is probably already pregnant with Bra. I'm sure she designed some sort of incubation chamber so she doesn't have to be pregnant again.

Bulma shows up with a 3 year old Bra "Yeah just kept her in there I had things to work on and Vegeta's not going to watch her."

BizarroAzrael posted:

Doesn't Vegeta think tails are a crutch now? We might actually see Pan or Bra have a tail since Toriyama didn't like drawing the tails but he's not drawing Super

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Shadowhand00 posted:

Speaking of Bra, I find it weird what happens in DBM regarding alt-Bra and her parentage. Vegitto straight up leaves chichi and she's okay with it?

I know its a fan fic but still, so weird.

Remember at that point Goku had been dead for seven years anyway so it's like, why bother

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Blaze Dragon posted:

wait, what? so Super, both the manga and the show, happen only 6 months after Buu saga?

StrifeHira posted:

She never was older than Pan. Bra is the younger of the two, even if the anime might have seemed to imply otherwise. A guidebook claimed otherwise at one point, but was corrected.

Which makes her GT design even creepier.

Yeah, wow. I guess I can see that tho.

What is this "Dragonball GT"? I've never heard of it before. Let's pretend it doesn't exist forever. :j:

Lupus Rufus fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Sep 2, 2016

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's hard to say at this point because, again, the timeline's a mess. However, there's this one bit from the manga...

Trunks answers this to Goku saying that he's stronger than Gohan "back then" (during the fight against Cell, considering that's the last time Trunks would know of Gohan). The Cell games happened on Age 767, so Toyotaro sets Super (the manga, at least) on Age 777 at this point. That puts it three years after the Buu Saga (774) and one year before Battle of Gods actually happened (778). Pan was born in 779 originally, so this sets Pan's birth back at least two years.

So basically, don't think of the timeline. Toriyama sure doesn't.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That image doesn't support your point, as Trunks is the one saying it, correct?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Yeah, Trunks is ten years older than when we last saw him. The six months after the fight with Buu they make the wish to have everyone forget Buu. After the wish, we're given a vague "Some time has passed since then" in the first episode of Super.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CharlestheHammer posted:

That image doesn't support your point, as Trunks is the one saying it, correct?

It does. In the previous chapter, Trunks points out that his Time Machine is fixed to a certain amount of time that can't be changed to stop him from going into an alternate timeline, so the same amount of time passed in the present and future, unless I'm misunderstanding (it's a Mangastream translation, I wouldn't be surprised).

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Maybe, though it is a tie in so they could just not give a gently caress.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Maybe, though it is a tie in so they could just not give a gently caress.

Yeah, unlike normally, the manga is just an ad for the anime so it isn't more canon than the anime. It isn't canon at all, really.

If it were, we'd have to lose the awesome Kaioken x 10 Super Sayian Blue for "I can do Super Sayian God without the ritual."

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
How does that even work? A comic can't work as an ad to an anime even though the reverse is true.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Mordaedil posted:

How does that even work? A comic can't work as an ad to an anime even though the reverse is true.

gently caress if I know, but Toriyama is making the TV series and some other guy is writing the comic, to my knowledge.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Covok posted:

gently caress if I know, but Toriyama is making the TV series and some other guy is writing the comic, to my knowledge.

Toriyama writes an outline and both teams do their own thing with it.

Neither is more "canon" than the other.

Covok
May 27, 2013

That's loving confusing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Just enjoy each version for what it is and don't try to force it into one true continuity.

see also: the movies.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Mordaedil posted:

same reason boruto is gonna be an ad for the naruto anime lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

One will become more canon, if Goku ever uses Kaio Ken SSJ Blue again. Though I think the fact that the comic dropped it means we won't see it again :(

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
more or less everything about super is confusing when u examine it even a little. god ki is wildly unexplained, the power scale (which has gone ridiculous before) is just insanely thrown out the window, trunks age is utterly baffling. the cool part is tho that u also can enjoy it without caring about that stuff even a little

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blaze Dragon posted:

It does. In the previous chapter, Trunks points out that his Time Machine is fixed to a certain amount of time that can't be changed to stop him from going into an alternate timeline, so the same amount of time passed in the present and future, unless I'm misunderstanding (it's a Mangastream translation, I wouldn't be surprised).

Did Trunks wait 3 full years in the future between coming back the first and second time in the Android saga?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i didnt read that manga but it being a set distance for his time machine makes sense actually because even for dbz one of the more baffling things during that whole saga was why trunks didn't just stay and train with the guys for 3 years lol. i guess with the idea that every day he spends in the past is one in the future too it makes sense that he wouldn't want to leave his mother alone for 3 years

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

sassassin posted:

Did Trunks wait 3 full years in the future between coming back the first and second time in the Android saga?

He doesn't age at all, or even change his cloths. I assumed when he disappeared in the time machine after warning Goku, he went straight to the day of the andriods. Why would he return to the future and waste two trips worth of super valuable time fuel?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He does wait in real time in his timeline to come back for the android fight because he only had the fuel to come to Freeza's trip to Earth and back again. If he went Freeza > Gero/20 showing up, he'd never have the fuel to get home again.

He had to go home so he could come to fight the androids and be able to return home to his time. He waits 3 years after killing the androids to kill Cell too. I read this part of the manga in the past couple of days. Basically, he had the fuel for 2 stops, but doing Freeza > Androids > Home is 3.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin posted:

Wasn't there a similar situation with the guy who created Pokémon, who says that his preferred adaptation is the manga, even though it's virtually unknown by comparison to the games and the anime?

Anyway, I've looked up some stuff about Dragon Ball Super, and it looks like there's a bit (just from promotional artwork) where Future Trunk is teamed up with, of all people, Emperor Pilaf's minion Agent Mai? That's a bit of a deep cut.

I remember Pilaf and his henchmen showed up at the start of GT and they were all really, really old. I know they showed up in the anime adaptation of the Demon King Piccolo saga (they were the ones who released him from the rice cooker), but were they in the manga in a similar capacity? (Have only read the DBZ manga.)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wheat Loaf posted:

Wasn't there a similar situation with the guy who created Pokémon, who says that his preferred adaptation is the manga, even though it's virtually unknown by comparison to the games and the anime?

Anyway, I've looked up some stuff about Dragon Ball Super, and it looks like there's a bit (just from promotional artwork) where Future Trunk is teamed up with, of all people, Emperor Pilaf's minion Agent Mai? That's a bit of a deep cut.

I remember Pilaf and his henchmen showed up at the start of GT and they were all really, really old. I know they showed up in the anime adaptation of the Demon King Piccolo saga (they were the ones who released him from the rice cooker), but were they in the manga in a similar capacity? (Have only read the DBZ manga.)

The Pilaf gang used the Dragonballs to wish to be kids again. That's how future Mai is the same age as Trunks. This was a deliberate "gently caress you" to GT continuity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

The Pilaf gang used the Dragonballs to wish to be kids again. That's how future Mai is the same age as Trunks. This was a deliberate "gently caress you" to GT continuity.

Heheh, that's great. :D

• Locked thread