Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Eltoasto posted:

Haha the jury house scenes were hilarious.

I missed it. Is Paulie still crying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Hahaha I think Paulie got a boner from groping Victor :spooky:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Big Brother mixing it up by doing...the thing we all expected with the wall endurance comp.

James you better win this.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Snowmankilla posted:

I missed it. Is Paulie still crying?

I wish Paulie crying was part of his video package for the jury, but unfortunately they only show comps and ceremonies so the jury didn't get to see him weeping like a baby and threatening to quit.

I hope Victor comes back in. But Bridgette winning would be the best after those jury scenes. Paulie losing to her would be phenomenal.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh my god. The Jury footage is amazing.

It's amazing that Paulie is such a pig and rear end in a top hat that he couldn't even work with the softer edit they gave him. He went and let out all that "feminists hate men" and "you're all catty women" and belittling Z and massive ego stuff during like the only time in jury they absolutely were going to air. Hes so convinced he's the hero of his own story he went and gave himself a bad edit. That's so amazing.

I'm not sure anyone has self owned themselves as much in BB history. And that's including Jozea.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Z had to do an about face on YOUR BOY PAULIE in the jury segment but it still doesn't excuse her for throwing away her game for a egomaniacal douchebag when she had more than enough evidence piling up against her to right her own ship.

Her passing quote of "I didn't go on Big Brother to meet no man!" rings completely hollow because she also didn't go on on Big Brother to make any attempt to win the goddamned game either.

So much wasted potential in Z.
Her pre-interviews were stellar but failed to live up to any of her pre-conceived expectations.
Sad really, I had high expectations for her and she fought tooth and nail to neglect to tick any of the boxes to be a good BB player to the very end.

Dingo @ hamsterwatch has Z pegged at over 7 consecutive episodes without a DR on the broadcast show.
That's just how invisible she was in the game.
Invisible/worthless ... that's subject to interpretation.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 26, 2016

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Yes she was invisible, but apparently she wasn't cooperating much in her early DR sessions, e.g. refusing to talk about Paulie which is why their showmance wasn't shown at first.

I'm just glad that she hasn't gone crawling back to Paulie. There's a few weeks left in jury house though.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

At this point I am hoping for a Jury that has enough respect for the double buyback to vote for Vic to win. Nobody else deserves it. This is depressing.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Every time they drop the care package, they play airplane sounds to try to make you think the thing is dropped from a plane. And then they show clips of it falling from fairly high up, but these clips are never combined with the one of it landing.

Because really they're just tossing the thing over the wall, or someone is standing on the roof and just tosses it down.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, one of them let it slip on feeds that it was literally being thrown over the wall. Which is a shame because I was kind of hoping BB would spring for a drone.

But its BB.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
There are walkways all around the top of the walls where they have rigging bars and cameras. So they just have one of the stagehands toss it from up there.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Amazing how without Paul's fight with Michelle, which wasn't going to accomplish anything by itself except drive him away from those three, you don't get James making that stupid comment in front of Corey and within earshot of Nicole, you don't get Natalie stupidly confirming it, and you probably don't get Nicole making a final four with Victor and Paul. The smallest things can turn the entire course of the season around, and luck plays a huge role. Never stop trying, I guess, because sometimes things work out.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I absolutely hate how Nicole is able to weasel herself out of this HOH.
But she is playing it smart.
The line will not be drawn until Eviction Night where she'll likely be the swing vote.

Based on nothing since I haven't watched feeds in a couple of weeks, bouncing Paul is really her better play even if her next move is to immediately knife Jatalie. She needs a little bit of buffer because she can't play HOH and getting Paul out only weakens Victor but could strengthen his resolve; It's obvious Corey is only a 10 gallon body with a 10 cent brain. Big Meesh is everyone's goat at this point and having her bounce now will probably not win very big points with the rah-rah GRRL Power vibe Jury House seems to be storyboarding lately.

Corey winning the next HOH would be worst case scenario which means that will happen. :(

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I respect Nicole's game since it appears she's actually going to blindside Meech instead of the James method of telling the person getting evicted the morning of.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Can Natalie see the people during the competition? Because Paul's reaction to Nicole winning should have been as clear a sign as possible that they're working together.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Big Brother: Over the Top

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/pets/big-brother-over-the-top/vp-AAinkoa

• Starts Wednesday, September 28th
  • Weekly episode with Live Eviction
  • Julie!...?
  • Weekday recaps
  • 24/7 Live feeds with no (scheduled) blackouts
  • More audience influence votes
  • Per press release, first place gets $250,000. Half the prize of the CBS season.

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 1, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

For once I thought I would be able to expect the expected, but it looks like I was wrong again.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Getting in on the ground floor of calling this new show Big Half-Brother.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
I'm like legit upset that Michelle stole Pablo the Pelican.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It feels like this season is the record low for number of HoH comps resolved during the show.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

It feels like this season is the record low for number of HoH comps resolved during the show.

They've done 1, maybe two booth games so far? That does seem like a record low. But considering they got rid of the luxury comps, they need the content for Sunday.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Teek posted:

Big Brother: Over the Top

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/pets/big-brother-over-the-top/vp-AAinkoa

• Starts Wednesday, September 28th
  • Weekly episode with Live Eviction
  • Julie!...?
  • Weekday recaps
  • 24/7 Live feeds with no (scheduled) blackouts
  • More audience influence votes
  • Per press release, first place gets $250,000. Half the prize of the CBS season.

Expect lots of internet personalities for this season.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

For the few who might care, All Access now has a $10 per month option that offers zero commercials. That said, many big CBS shows only have several episodes, and some don't have any episodes at all, so despite costing you as much as Netflix, you will be getting a tiny FRACTION of the content for the time being.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

ToastyPotato posted:

For the few who might care, All Access now has a $10 per month option that offers zero commercials. That said, many big CBS shows only have several episodes, and some don't have any episodes at all, so despite costing you as much as Netflix, you will be getting a tiny FRACTION of the content for the time being.
Here's a tip if you have Windows 10.
Use the Microsoft Edge Browser on CBS.Com and you will get commercial free viewing without having to pay extra for it. ;)

I have a ton of dns ad blocks in my hosts file so it could be a mixture of that and CBS.Com not knowing WTF to do with the Edge browser.
If I use any other browser I do get a nag screen about using an adblocker and the video never loads but I haven't had that happen with Edge.

I just saved you 3-4 buxs/month... yer welcome. :)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Corey has been boring af this whole season until the last 2 episodes. Him during the christmas comp was amazing, and the talking in his sleep was loving hilarious.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am still surprised Corey won the care package. On one hand, I guess America really hates Paul and Victor, but on the other, Corey is just...Corey.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I assume Victor and Paul split their votes and Corey got a bunch of Nicole fans, people who hate Paul/Victor, and folks who know Corey as "that cute Christmas guy". Plus it was a one day vote so it was vulnerable to whatever people were most driven during a short window.

Mostly it's just dumb to have a popularity vote with only three options who people might not really like. Although maybe it's just a tribute to elections or something.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I could not stop laughing at the Harry Potter thing. loving amazing.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

The MacGruber! type end to the Veto comp losers that ran out of time was pretty loving funny.

James' diary explanation getting cut off mid sentence to explosion.gif was inspired.
The comp was actually a pretty good one even if it was tied to a CBS Fall show that'll last about as long as the reboot of Knight Rider.

RHAP duly noted that MacGuyver's time slot is TAR's usual Friday night haunt.
Hmmm :aaa:
And TAR isn't on the Fall Schedule or any schedule as of yet. :boom:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Robnoxious posted:

The MacGruber! type end to the Veto comp losers that ran out of time was pretty loving funny.

James' diary explanation getting cut off mid sentence to explosion.gif was inspired.
The comp was actually a pretty good one even if it was tied to a CBS Fall show that'll last about as long as the reboot of Knight Rider.

RHAP duly noted that MacGuyver's time slot is TAR's usual Friday night haunt.
Hmmm :aaa:
And TAR isn't on the Fall Schedule or any schedule as of yet. :boom:

The big rumor is TAR is being moved to the all access app. Where you will get to see Big Brother: Over The Top, which will definitely be a real good season. Please watch it.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

JOHN CENA posted:

The big rumor is TAR is being moved to the all access app. Where you will get to see Big Brother: Over The Top, which will definitely be a real good season. Please watch it.
Is Phil down with OTT?

SuperSpiff
Apr 4, 2007
Mentally retardation is such a strong word.

JOHN CENA posted:

Where you will get to see Big Brother: Over The Top, which will definitely be a real good season. Please watch it.

Is this sarcasm or do we have reason to believe this will be better than the yawnfest that's been the last couple seasons?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

At the very least it will initially be more interesting because we will for the first time get true 24/7 feeds. For the first time we will be able to see week 1 live, which will also be interesting if you like the feeds at all.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The shorter season will also hopefully lead to a sense of urgency and less lying around all day

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I wonder if the HG psychology is effected at all by the fact that there is no "edit" to be concerned with. For the first time the HGs will truly know that most of the people watching will be feed watchers. You can't have the attitude that "well they won't show that" anymore.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

This is making me so sad.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I missed the explanation, what's the difference between the small and large bowls?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

mancalamania posted:

I missed the explanation, what's the difference between the small and large bowls?

Small bowl gives you a larger scoop. So it is basically a trap.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Muddy Burphy posted:

The shorter season will also hopefully lead to a sense of urgency and less lying around all day

They also needs to better space out the endgame, keep like 8 people going into the last two weeks, then burning a bunch of DEs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobfromsales
Apr 2, 2010
God this show is so boring we spend an entire week on this barely-couple's petty squabbles.

• Locked thread