Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

MooCowlian posted:

That's what I said?
Exactly. I missed a word in there. I can't read good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007

MooCowlian posted:

That's what I said?

The issue was that the spreadsheet was reporting a little over half the XP I ought to get given I was getting 24 xp every 21 seconds. I wanted to know if I was using the spreadsheets wrong or if the calculation was busted.

The calculation was busted and is fixed in v0.6.2

Also

quote:

16:52:20 Baka added 484 Potatoes to Seaside Storage.
16:53:13 Senso removed 400 Basil Leaves from Alchemy/Gathering.
17:01:23 Xerol : woo taters
17:07:57 fvicodin : What's taters, precious?
17:08:18 * fvicodin impersonates Gollum *
17:08:47 oldskool : it's a vegeble
17:09:49 CoffeeAmin : Gollum was actually the first house elf, whose master made him immortal. So if Sam or Frodo had just given him like a sock or something that whole business would have been solved.
17:10:01 LuckyGuy : it's an edible battery
17:12:18 bmoonSA : Damnit hitler, https://www.youtube.com
17:13:47 CoffeeAmin : What, you didn't know that Middle Earth is non-fiction?
17:14:32 CoffeeAmin : Wait, no. Potter is actually a sequel to it.
17:17:43 DivineCoffeeBinge : Actually Tolkien was a wizard. His Middle-Earth books were elaborate propaganda designed to keep the Muggles from asking questions about the world's true magical history.
17:18:31 DivineCoffeeBinge : Wizards are behind every conspiracy theory on earth, you know. CRUCIATUS CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS
17:18:52 CoffeeAmin : So is Potter a way for the Magical world to announce that they exist to the Muggle world?
17:19:16 CoffeeAmin : (yes, it is)
17:20:02 DivineCoffeeBinge : Rowling is a renegade wizard who tried to rip aside the veil of secrecy and was punished for it, that's why no one reads her later books because the talent got magicked out of her
17:22:34 bmoonSA : This is bad
17:22:51 bmoonSA : I mean it could turn out to something religious
17:22:54 CoffeeAmin : I thought it was that she wrote the first of the sequel series as a loving play or musical or some dumb poo poo
17:22:57 bmoonSA : Think of it like this: The Torah is the first one, and the New Testament is the sequel. Then the Qu’ran comes out, and it acts like the last one never happened.
17:23:07 bmoonSA : There’s still Jesus, but he’s not the main character anymore, and the messiah hasn’t shown up yet.
17:23:12 bmoonSA : Jews like the first movie, but ignored the sequels.
17:23:17 bmoonSA : Christians think you need to watch the first two, but the third one doesn’t count.
17:23:21 bmoonSA : Muslims think the third one was the best.
17:23:25 bmoonSA : Mormons liked the second one so much they started writing fanfiction that doesn’t fit with ANY of the series canon.
17:23:35 bmoonSA : You lot are the Mormons
17:23:37 DivineCoffeeBinge : Yeah but in the Qu'ran Jesus has way more awesome adventures
17:23:59 DivineCoffeeBinge : Like when Timothy Zahn wrote those Star Wars novels
17:24:03 CoffeeAmin : Well the Quran is more of a rewrite of both the Torah and New Testament
17:24:54 DivineCoffeeBinge : Dude made birds out of clay and breathed life into them
17:25:03 DivineCoffeeBinge : Which is kinda like introducing Mara Jade
17:26:45 CoffeeAmin : But is this as bad as completely rewriting the plot to Dark Forces? And renaming it Rogue One?
17:27:05 CoffeeAmin : Not that I really care, because RO looks loving amazing so far
17:27:59 DivineCoffeeBinge : No see that's what the Mormons do, by ignoring the Qu'ran's Expanded Universe and going off to write their own 'official' canon
17:28:58 DivineCoffeeBinge : In this metaphor the Jews are the people who say Return of the Jedi sucked because of all the stupid Muppets and that everyone should stop watching after Empire
17:29:13 CoffeeAmin : No, the Quran is the off in the toolies canon. At least the LDS acknowledges a bunch of the NT stuff, even if they ignore most of it.
17:29:19 DivineCoffeeBinge : Or maybe the people who won't buy the DVDs because they care whether Han shot first, it's a flexible metaphor
17:29:55 CoffeeAmin : The DVD thing is funny because the special features disc had the theatrical cut.
17:33:37 CoffeeAmin : It's really too bad that more Hindu mythology hasn't made it to anywhere near Western Mainstream. They have some crazy poo poo going on.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
:barf:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

:commissar:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

do you guys not ship it

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

You have world on, it's your own fault.

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007
Amar goons XP v0.6.3

Save your own copy and play around with the numbers

0.6.3 - 2016-08-26
  • Revised all skill tabs

Grushdeva
Apr 22, 2015
In as Grushdeva, invite me?

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Grushdeva posted:

In as Grushdeva, invite me?

Invited, join us!

bmoon
Dec 18, 2007
Amar goons XP v0.6.4

Save your own copy and play around with the numbers

0.6.4 - 2016-08-29
  • Added carpentry activities
  • Added tailoring activities
  • Added cooking activities
  • Added links to a few smithing activities
  • Added a few gathering timers
  • Updated leaderboard tab

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

If you wanna invite non-goon friends to join the guild I think we generally came to a "sure why not whatever" conclusion when I asked around so here's the deal:

-1 Guest per Goon
-Must post in the thread
-They will be on the shortest of leashes with regards to intentionally stirring up poo poo (in world or whatever) and we will cut them loose at the first sign of trouble.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Roflex posted:

If you wanna invite non-goon friends to join the guild I think we generally came to a "sure why not whatever" conclusion when I asked around so here's the deal:

-1 Guest per Goon
-Must post in the thread
-They will be on the shortest of leashes with regards to intentionally stirring up poo poo (in world or whatever) and we will cut them loose at the first sign of trouble.

Typically, most goon things allow non-goons in via having a goon vouch for them. Said goon is then on the line for the non-goon. If the non-goon fucks up and gets kicked or banned or whatever, then the goon who vouched for them also gets the same treatment. It's worked pretty well in the past, from what I've seen.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

I'm floored. You guys have friends?
:f5h::aaa:

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Chunjee posted:

I'm floored. You guys have friends?
:f5h::aaa:

In shocking news, some of us are even married! (to other goons...)

Grushdeva
Apr 22, 2015
Btw I vouch for Elaret, a non goon, to be invited to the guild

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Grushdeva posted:

Btw I vouch for Elaret, a non goon, to be invited to the guild

I sent an invite to him. Tell them to press butan, and may the Gods have mercy on your souls.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Fun fact for the day: The botcheck images and text for combat are slightly more stretched and grainy than the botchecks for everything else in Amar.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Fun fact: cider still doesn't work. :(

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Horking Delight posted:

Fun fact: cider still doesn't work. :(

Has Grumpy just not been around for a week or something? He should know about this. (On the bright side, he's extended special events before, so he may make up for this.)

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

He was around at the beginning of the event and went 'hmm' and then got even grumpier when people pointed out that cider doesn't work, and hosed off back to his offline life. Which would be fine if he had anyone as backup to sort things out when he wasn't there. Never met a game like this that only had one person capable of playing god...

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

quote:

15:28:05 darrens SP : i asked grumpy about it last night game time
15:28:27 Charles Bukowski Outlaw : technically it's nighttime game time now
15:28:54 Kamaki ~worms~ : says daytime on my screen?
15:28:57 darrens SP : yesterday i meant sorry for the misunderstanding lol
15:29:01 Charles Bukowski Outlaw : what's 15:28 in simpleton time
15:29:13 Kamaki ~worms~ : mid afternoon, charles
15:29:21 darrens SP : 3:28 pm
15:29:34 Charles Bukowski Outlaw : so 9 hours will be midnight
15:29:44 darrens SP : my mom could never figure out the army time either
15:29:59 Kamaki ~worms~ : it's gmt...
15:30:08 Charles Bukowski Outlaw : yes you and your mom all day everyday
15:30:36 Charles Bukowski Outlaw : is incest legal in Canada or something?
15:31:05 Charles Bukowski Outlaw : Canadians the basement dwellers
15:31:34 Cerepol : 15:30:58 You are now character level 19.
15:31:40 Kamaki ~worms~ : ...that's a really weird thing to say...
15:32:01 Hexasodium Slumber : it's UTC
15:32:09 darrens SP : at leas i know what is on charles mind every minute of the day
15:32:29 Kamaki ~worms~ : and zulu, and gmt (not summer).
15:32:55 Kamaki ~worms~ : here darrens, have some brain bleach, it'll help wash the Charles out of your head
15:34:05 Hexasodium Slumber : the game use to be on Eastern Standard Time, but daylight savings got annoying so it was switched to UTC
15:34:05 darrens SP : gmt kamaki... do you refer to grenech mean time there
15:34:21 Charles Bukowski Outlaw : seriously quit bitching about America and get your old rear end out of your mom's basement you human being add Canadian bitch
15:34:53 [GM] Gix muted Charles Bukowski for 105 minutes for obscene language and harassment.

Good Job Charles.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Kluliss posted:

He was around at the beginning of the event and went 'hmm' and then got even grumpier when people pointed out that cider doesn't work, and hosed off back to his offline life. Which would be fine if he had anyone as backup to sort things out when he wasn't there. Never met a game like this that only had one person capable of playing god...

He was around last night and said he'd look at it this weekend. I think he's also in the middle of a marriage, move, and job change so I don't fault him for not being around as much.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

MooCowlian posted:

Good Job Charles.
Thanks for this :D

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

MooCowlian posted:

Good Job Charles.

Goood poo poo

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

quote:

19:22:08 Charles Bukowski Outlaw : finally was able to trade SBs to *** for credits in another game.(ban me)
19:24:18 Charles Bukowski Outlaw : I'm going to log out now while if I log in in a week that means someone didn't report me

:rip: Chucky B

e:

quote:

19:34:35 [GM] Gix : I'll pass that along for you, Charles.
19:36:14 [GM] Gix : Reminder of a new rule: If anybody is caught attempting to trade in-game items for anything outside of the game (including but not limited to items and currencies in other games), their account will be banned.

Xerol fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 8, 2016

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

They didn't ban him. Calling it.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

He'll be back after a while to start the cycle anew.

Also:

quote:

07:02:10 DELGRAD M.A.D. : No offence was taken on my part. I do not want to mix BUSINESS with pleasure. My businees is religion on youtube,. Mixing that with here could cause so big ptroblems as I do not holed conventionalviewws.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

is delgrad cowboi in disguise?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Virigoth posted:

They didn't ban him. Calling it.

He was asking to buy storages earlier today, so if he was banned it's already been lifted.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'm guessing grumpy looked at the logs, realised he was just attention seeking and moved on. I don't know why they don't just ban him for being a poo poo though.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Cider's up.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Roflex posted:

Cider's up.

Fuckin yay.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

:toot:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

quote:

22:54:08 [GM] Gix warned Gomez for an unspecified reason.
22:54:20 [GM] Gix warned mordaq the cutest kitty for an unspecified reason.
22:54:22 [GM] Gix : Please take your erp to whispers.
:laffo:

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Wow, how bad did it have to get for that to finally happen?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Basically nothing happened, Gix has just been informed on furries I think .

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Coffeehitler posted:

Basically nothing happened, Gix has just been informed on furries I think .

lol is Gix one of us?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Virigoth posted:

lol is Gix one of us?

:laffo: Not as far as I know, but they asked for info on the furry scene in the RP request thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Btw, some may not have noticed, there is an event running.
Gather http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/items/apple anywhere
Turn it into http://amar.bornofsnails.net/man/items/apple_cider at Cadenberge

So gather all the apples you can. You have my permission (worth nothing) to turn every orchard to apples. If you like make Cider, if you don't put the apples in storage.