Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I do look forward to Cyberpunk, as the latest Deus Ex's story and scope feel compromised by Square Enix, but I do hope the game is more mechanically polished and interesting than Wild Hunt. The clunky platforming and dire horse-physics make Geralt feel like a poor man's Venom Snake, and there will be the need for first-person shooting, cover-shooting, and vehicles, all of which will be a first for CDPR. They've got the writing chops down pat, but there's definitely an opportunity for more emergent gameplay, like shooting doors open or disabling laser apertures with your stun gun like in Deus Ex.

Do we even know if it will be in First Person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
I say again, if I can't be a gumshoe carrying a trusty revolver in the cyberpunk 2020 future I am out!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Riso posted:

I say again, if I can't be a gumshoe carrying a trusty revolver in the cyberpunk 2020 future I am out!

The game will have create a character or a protagonist a la Geralt?. I didnt like the system used on Shadowrun Returns.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Drifter posted:

Nope. Could be over-the-shoulder. Or both.

DoctorGonzo posted:

The game will have create a character or a protagonist a la Geralt?. I didnt like the system used on Shadowrun Returns.

I believe they said you'd create a character from scratch.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Drifter posted:

I wouldn't know about the entire game, only that every 3D shooter nowadays has a first-person mode.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I wouldn't know about the entire game, only that every 3D shooter nowadays has a first-person mode.
I hope to god I never have to circle-strafe while shooting a gun.

At least Witcher 3 had the two methods of movement, dodge and sidestep, along with blocks.
Actually, I really liked witcher 3 combat, but did not at all like the randomized auto-flurry poo poo that I couldn't control.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I want to play a smooth talking corporate sleazeball like the Boneitus Guy or Rhys from Tales from the Borderlands that's not much of a fighter and his lackies friends do the fighting for him in Cyberpunk.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Anyone got any thoughts on the 'HD Reworked' texture/model mod?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

necrobobsledder posted:

I hope I'm not the only one in the hatefuck Philippa in dimeritium shackles camp. She's still a power-mongering, manipulating female that is misandrist with the excuse that men are the ones that typically struggle for power, but megabitches are unequivocally the most attractive due to their unattainability in my book.

Don't want to kinkshame, but yeah nah. Not what I meant.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Playing Blood and Wine for the 2nd time around and wanted to do the portrait quest and for some reason I can't find it. I already picked up all the bulletin board quests and I don't see an exclamation point anywhere in the city. I haven't passed the point of no return either. Do I need to do another quest to activate or something?

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Pretty sure it's level locked, gotta be level 43 on NG at least.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

Anyone got any thoughts on the 'HD Reworked' texture/model mod?

I like it and haven't had any issues. Rocks are now very pretty.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
God, even as a standalone, Hearts of Stone is phenomenal. You just get bored of other games so you jump right into Geralt's take on Faustus.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
After installing 1.30 on PS4 talking to anyone in Novigrad is a pain in the rear end because it loads and loads and it takes forever between conversations, also the bank dwarf now has no forearms just two floating hands wtf.

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bort Bortles posted:

:prepop: You mean Crippled Cate's or the Passiflora?

I think the fancy one. Passiflora.

A mundane explanation: There are only so many character models in the game. By oversight they gave a prostitute the same one as a plot-relevant NPC. You can meet this doppelganger-prostitute before meeting the NPC with the same model. Maybe in the GOTY version they'll give one of them a mustache to void confusion.

No really, Geralt recognizes her and he give her poo poo explicitly for working in the brothel.

Maybe there is some sidequest that involves her being a spy I missed, but she totally works at the brother where I last saw her.

The Dipshit fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Sep 2, 2016

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
1.30 seems fine from what little I've played, but at first I thought they had severely nerfed alchemy: Acquired Tolerance was just flat out not working. Thankfully deactivating it and reenabling it fixed the skill. I ended up doing it to every skill I had just in case the others weren't working too but were less obvious.

El Hefe posted:

After installing 1.30 on PS4 talking to anyone in Novigrad is a pain in the rear end because it loads and loads and it takes forever between conversations, also the bank dwarf now has no forearms just two floating hands wtf.

I've not used a Playstation since the PS1, but does it have a Steam-like 'verify files' type function? The bank dwarf got an entirely new model, so it sounds like files are just flatout missing or corrupted.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Lol,

I was fighting a lvl 30 basilisk in Velen. It was red, but I was doing damage and being careful. We were near a deep body of water.

It was flying over the deep water, and I Axii'd it. It fell straight into the deepest part of the water, and drowned. Now I can't loot it...

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Claverjoe posted:

I think the fancy one. Passiflora.

No really, Geralt recognizes her and he give her poo poo explicitly for working in the brothel.

Maybe there is some sidequest that involves her being a spy I missed, but she totally works at the brother where I last saw her.

Narcissa isn't Tamara, it's just a similar model, he's not giving her poo poo, he's legitimately asking if the church turns a blind eye to the brothel's operations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She looks the same to me.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

That's a different person with the same hair. Face and body model are both different.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Megazver posted:

I believe they said you'd create a character from scratch.

I hope that only applies to the way the character looks. It would feel like such a step backwards otherwise. You can't make a character with as much history, personality, relationships, quirks and mannerisms as Geralt if it's just a player created blank slate.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Senjuro posted:

I hope that only applies to the way the character looks. It would feel like such a step backwards otherwise. You can't make a character with as much history, personality, relationships, quirks and mannerisms as Geralt if it's just a player created blank slate.

You'll have a silent protagonist, but boy your npc's will sure be "wacky" and "memorable".

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Senjuro posted:

yeah but it's to do with what the games are based on. Witcher is based on a series of novels so it makes sense that there is a specific protagonist with a defined personality, background, etc. Cyberpunk 2077 is based on a traditional tabletop rpg, so I'm pretty sure it's going to have character creation and indeed much more of a blank slate. but I still trust them to weave that into a good story through crafting of other characters and the world itself.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
player created characters dont need to be blank slate boring nothings, you can let the player have options to represent the character with personality

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

dangerdoom volvo posted:

player created characters dont need to be blank slate boring nothings, you can let the player have options to represent the character with personality

It's also worth nothing that most blank slate characters are boring due in no small part to most games writers being terrible at it in the first place.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Yeah they could make it so you have to pick a character background or something that will influence your dialog options, look, and other stuff. You may not be Geralt in W3 levels but it would give you something to work with.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mills Lane Voice: I´ll allow it.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
It's not like Geralt even has much of a personality. He could easily be an archetypal blank slate character

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

fridge corn posted:

It's not like Geralt even has much of a personality. He could easily be an archetypal blank slate character

Guys.

Get 'im.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

fridge corn posted:

Blank slate characters wouldn't be able to make dad jokes nearly as well.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

fridge corn posted:

*narrows eyes*

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fridge corn posted:

No jaw Geralt from Witcher 1 has more personality and charisma that everything bethesda and bioware have ever done.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

Bort Bortles posted:

Yeah they could make it so you have to pick a character background or something that will influence your dialog options, look, and other stuff. You may not be Geralt in W3 levels but it would give you something to work with.

That's pretty much what the Dragon Age and Mass Effect games have done and usually it just gets referenced a few times in dialogue and maybe you get a special side quest too. The more options you have the less those options end up mattering.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Senjuro posted:

That's pretty much what the Dragon Age and Mass Effect games have done and usually it's just gets referenced a few times in dialogue and maybe you get a special side quest too. The more options you have the less those options end up mattering.

just because bioware cant do it doesnt mean it cant be done

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Now that we know what you look like, let's talk about your background. In a former life you had a horse, what was that horse's name?

a.) Roach
b.) Retch
c.) Agro
d.) I'd rather play a game of Gwent

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

quote:

Should you buy the GOTY Edition, game saves from your base game will unfortunately not work because the system treats the GOTY Edition as a different product. This is beyond our control and results from the technical aspect of how games work on consoles. Sadly, we are unable to make any workarounds here

That is so goddamn dumb.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

dangerdoom volvo posted:

just because bioware cant do it doesnt mean it cant be done

Not sure about that. If you don't limit the player's choices to the shallow stuff then even the best writers in the world won't help you make something as good as The Witcher 3. Imagine if you could choose your character's background like in DA or ME and make Geralt some mercenary or knight instead of a witcher, you'd have to change the way the whole world reacts to you. Maybe a few select characters would still mention how they dislike you if you choose to be a witcher but it won't be nearly as pervasive. You'll also have no choice but to set a lot of the player's past in stone if you want to bring in characters that have a lot of history with the player like Yen.

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011

That is so goddamn dumb.
[/quote]

If you already have the base game along with HoS and B&W, plus all the free DLC, does the GOTY edition add anything new? If it doesn't then it seems pointless to buy it and moan about not being able to transfer saves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

kim jong-illin posted:

That is so goddamn dumb.

If you already have the base game along with HoS and B&W, plus all the free DLC, does the GOTY edition add anything new? If it doesn't then it seems pointless to buy it and moan about not being able to transfer saves.
[/quote]

It adds literally nothing new. It's the base game, plus HoS and B&W, plus the 16 free DLC, plus the 1.30 patch. If you already own the base game, there's zero reason to buy the GOTY edition instead of just the expansion pass.