Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I used a website last year that I learned about off of this forum for my draft. It had ADP formatted onto a table with pick number going across, and round going vertically. Each position was a different color (I believe) and you could click on the player to grey them out (essentially saying that they were no longer available).

Does anyone know what site I'm talking about? It was extremely useful to me last year.

edit: nevermind. It was fantasy football calculator.

GAYS FOR DAYS fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Which RB do you guys like at pick 5.05 in a 12-team 3 player keeper league with 0.5 PPR: Yeldon, Jennings, Sims or Riddick? My keepers are ODB, Demaryius and Lamar Miller and in the first round I can reliably pick Maclin for WR3. My next pick is 6.10.

Beersheets likes Jennings, FBG like's Yeldon but I love the upside of Sims in 0.5 PPR, I'm torn.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

I went defense last and I ended up with the Bills and Lions lol

My league is retarded and we must keep 2 D/ST at all times. Ended up with a bench of Corey Coleman, Derrick Henry, Tannehill, & Tyler Eifert.

I did this and 2 kickers to a league I'm running because I'm an rear end in a top hat and that's the most dumb poo poo yahoo would let me do.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

MakaVillian posted:

Which RB do you guys like at pick 5.05 in a 12-team 3 player keeper league with 0.5 PPR: Yeldon, Jennings, Sims or Riddick? My keepers are ODB, Demaryius and Lamar Miller and in the first round I can reliably pick Maclin for WR3. My next pick is 6.10.

Beersheets likes Jennings, FBG like's Yeldon but I love the upside of Sims in 0.5 PPR, I'm torn.

I like Sims and then Riddick/Jennings. Jennings is a bad player and its hard for me to trust him or the Giants OLine over solid pass-catching backs. Jennings probably has a lower floor, higher ceiling..

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I'm still catching up. Did they do this for week 1 already? Lots of people give streaming picks in-season, it just seems that week 1 is often overlooked. Granted, it's harder to predict, but in general I think early season strength of schedule could be taken into account more when drafting. If I had the time to really pore over my own rankings, I'd bump up someone at any position who may be a likely sell high candidate in say week 4.

I like the Carr suggestion. Stafford too.

Defense picks are a little easier since as a relatively casual fantasy player I have a better sense of opposing offenses than I do of opposing defenses. Targetting CLE and SF makes the most sense, and they play PHI and LA first, respectively. So I'm putting them on my watch list.

I drafted the Rams. They rank like 5th or 6th on Beersheets in addition to playing SF.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

dat one portagee posted:

Which pair would you rather have: A.Jeffery+M.Ingram or B.Marshall+L.Miller

The latter, not even close.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

terre packet posted:

I know the very basics about football and practically nothing about fantasy. I'm joining a local league with a friend and they're doing their draft tomorrow at a local sports bar. I read the OP and it's a little overwhelming: is there anything I absolutely need to know before I show up tomorrow and start drafting?

Hello darkness my old friend

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MakaVillian posted:

Jennings
Yeldon

Sims
Riddick

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Jennings has the opportunity so I see why you rank him first but why Yeldon when he will at least split carries with Chris Ivory? He isn't a clearly better pass catcher than Ivory either.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MrSargent posted:

Jennings has the opportunity so I see why you rank him first but why Yeldon when he will at least split carries with Chris Ivory? He isn't a clearly better pass catcher than Ivory either.

Yeah, I think it's Jennings then Sims then Yeldon for me.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

MakaVillian posted:

What is your team? They all feel like reaches at 5.05 (roughly 8.05 due to keepers) - of the bunch of them first impression was Sims, Jennings, Riddick, Yeldon. It sounds like you are looking for a bye week fill-in RB at this point?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah, I think it's Jennings then Sims then Yeldon for me.

Just want to point out that Sims scored more than Jennings in 0.5PPR last year. And Sims had a much more consistent season, whereas Jennings really got a boost from his last 4-5 games.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

MrSargent posted:

Just want to point out that Sims scored more than Jennings in 0.5PPR last year. And Sims had a much more consistent season, whereas Jennings really got a boost from his last 4-5 games.

The problem I have with Jennings is Perkins is there waiting to take over if Jennings stumbles, leaving you with a team backup that won't get much. A pretty big gamble for a pick that should amount to a decent contributor to your team. Sims has a defined role that will get decent points for all 16 games. If there are this many RBs gone to the point of that list being the best available other positions like WR have to have good value here.

Chen Kenichi fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 2, 2016

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Chen Kenichi posted:

The problem I have with Jennings is Perkins is there waiting to take over if Jennings stumbles, leaving you with a team backup that won't get much. A pretty big gamble for a pick that should amount to a decent contributor to your team. Sims has a defined role that will get decent points for all 16 games.

I'm only half paying attention, but I think Perkins has fumbled twice tonight vs. the Pats. I know old man Coughlin is gone, but I gotta think that's going to concern the coaching staff.

Regardless, I think Sims>Jennings is how I see it.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Mmmm, preseason Charles Sims discussion. That's the stuff.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

Veritek83 posted:

I'm only half paying attention, but I think Perkins has fumbled twice tonight vs. the Pats. I know old man Coughlin is gone, but I gotta think that's going to concern the coaching staff.

Agreed, but if the plan is to give him a shot some time they will have him work on ball security in practice. Disappointing to see? Sure is, but I do not see preseason of his rookie year a major deterrent. If it happened in game 5? Yeah dog house.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MrSargent posted:

All the talk has been Jennings will be the workhorse this year, as he was the last few games, with no more giving Andre loving Williams carries. So not sure whether we should look at those games as outliers or as closer to what we can hope for if he stays healthy. But I do like Sims too!

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
This is Ameer's year, y'all.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Miko posted:

This is Ameer's year, y'all.

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

i kinda hope so since he's my third RB right now, and i drafted charles like a dummy who is now apparently bad and basically out of the league~

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Docjowles posted:

i kinda hope so since he's my third RB right now, and i drafted charles like a dummy who is now apparently bad and basically out of the league~

lol no charles is neither of those

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

RVProfootballer posted:

All the talk has been Jennings will be the workhorse this year, as he was the last few games, with no more giving Andre loving Williams carries. So not sure whether we should look at those games as outliers or as closer to what we can hope for if he stays healthy. But I do like Sims too!

Jennings should be the workhorse to start the year. My worry is how long he keeps the job. If I have a guarantee he keeps it 16 games then he is the pick of those 4.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Is there a list somewhere of rookies who will definitely or very probably make the final cuts... perhaps ranked by ADP or fantasy value or probability of getting through the cuts?

I want something like that to help prep for a dynasty rookie/free agent draft: that is, year 2 of a dynasty league with a short rookie/free agent draft to fill whatever empty slots (and a three-man taxi squad) each team happens to have open.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Motherfucker I already told you to use IDP Guru

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Leperflesh posted:

Is there a list somewhere of rookies who will definitely or very probably make the final cuts... perhaps ranked by ADP or fantasy value or probability of getting through the cuts?

I want something like that to help prep for a dynasty rookie/free agent draft: that is, year 2 of a dynasty league with a short rookie/free agent draft to fill whatever empty slots (and a three-man taxi squad) each team happens to have open.

Fantasypros has a consensus rookie ranking tab. And FFC has rookie adp.

Those should work unless you have incredibly deep benches.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
So I have an odd league drafting in 45 minutes... No kickers with IDP instead (CB only). With this scoring:

Tackle Solo 2
Tackle Assist 1
Sack 3
Interception 3
Fumble Recovery 2
Defensive Touchdown 6
Pass Defended 1
Turnover Return Yards 10 yards per point

CB is going to be pretty worthwhile, yeah? Leader for solo had 65 last year; total 81. PD leader had 26 last year.

Am I right that this is basically an extra flex spot in terms of scoring? So thinking I can target as early as 6-7th (QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, DEF, CB, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR). Also, a few names of who to take? There are a whole lost of 1st or 2nd year players sitting atop the list from last year.

Also run/catch over 40yds is 5 pts :psyduck:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Spiros posted:

lol no charles is neither of those

Yeah I know, just stressing about the stupid news on him the last couple days. I haven't made any panic moves based on it or anything, and I made sure to draft Ware, so w/e

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

THE MACHO MAN posted:

So I have an odd league drafting in 45 minutes... No kickers with IDP instead (CB only). With this scoring:

Tackle Solo 2
Tackle Assist 1
Sack 3
Interception 3
Fumble Recovery 2
Defensive Touchdown 6
Pass Defended 1
Turnover Return Yards 10 yards per point

CB is going to be pretty worthwhile, yeah? Leader for solo had 65 last year; total 81. PD leader had 26 last year.

Am I right that this is basically an extra flex spot in terms of scoring? So thinking I can target as early as 6-7th (QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, DEF, CB, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR). Also, a few names of who to take? There are a whole lost of 1st or 2nd year players sitting atop the list from last year.

Also run/catch over 40yds is 5 pts :psyduck:

Just look up DB rankings and pick out the corners. Breeland might be a decent bet, as he was a good tackler and now has Josh Norman opposite him, so he should get targeted a lot. Trumaine Johnson is another decent tackling CB. But it's not much different from kicker in terms of predictability/randomness; there's a reason DB rankings are dominated by safeties.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I drafted a YahooPro20 team and thought it was pretty good then realized I had Russell Wilson, Doug Baldwin, Rawls, and Michael. I realized this when I was about to draft Jimmy Graham with my last pick.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
You are now a 12th man

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Yeldon is more experienced with the playbook and can play through most nicks and bruises. He's going to get pulled often for goal-line but I think that the Jags will utilize him in the red-zone.

With the improved JAX defense the pendulum should return towards the middle as far as offense is concerned. Since everyone is predicting that Allen Robinson and Co. are going to regress (in a light sense of the word), well that has to indicate there is an uptick in rushing, right? Yeldon averaged 15 carries a game last season, not too shabby.

Nobody can predict the JAX split at this point but they have a trusted veteran who knows the playbook.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MrSargent posted:

The observation here is that the Giants finally got their ground-game poo poo together.

RVProfootballer posted:

My thinking is the latter; that NYG would want to continue doing whatever it was that improved the ground game so dramatically towards the end of the season.

Sims will never carry the mail in TB. We may know and appreciate his value year to year but we also can see his ceiling in the form of a stocky rodent.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Who's in a dynasty league better pick up Christian hackenberg ASAP

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
edit nm

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Thanks for the input guys, I think I'd be happy with either Sims or Jennings there. Hopefully though I can grab a better RB2 at 4.12, occasionally Gio Bernard or Duke Johnson have been available at that spot.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I have one team with 20 roster spots and no kickers and now three of those spots belong to Jordan Reed, Vance McDonald, and Jared Cook. This is what fantasy is all about.

Edit: Oh by the way, DJ Foster played his way onto the Pats roster tonight. He's a better receiver than James White and that's not lost on Belichick. Perfectly executed that wheel route they love to run with their RBs while Brady was in the game. If you play in deeper PPR leagues, he's worth a speculative pickup.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Sep 2, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Is the Reddit page gone where I could submit my leagues stats for a custom beersheet?

Page is still up. I just won't be doing sheets this weekend.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

So last year, I made a bunch of bold predictions in the preseason because lists are fun. Here's a list of predictions and how they fared.

Here's some "way too bold" predictions for this year.

1. Devonta Freeman will have fewer rushing yards this year than Ameer Abdullah.
2. At most, only a single one of the "tier 1" Running Backs in ppr (David Johnson, Gurley, Miller, and Zeke) will actually finish in the top 5.
3. Derrick Henry will have more touchdowns and a higher yards per carry than DeMarco, and will be the starter by the end of the season.
4. Thomas Rawls will gain 1,000 yards from scrimmage.
5. Jerick McKinnon will have his first 20-carry game this season.
6. Tyler Ervin (RB94) will have a better year than Javorius Allen (RB53).
7. Larry Fitzgerald is once again being underdrafted (i.e. will finish better than WR27 in ppr).
8. Keenan Allen finishes top 5 in targets.
9. Kenny Stills (Rank WR69) has a better year than DeVante Parker (Rank WR38)
10. Malcolm Mitchell (ranked WR85) will be one of the top 3 rookie receivers this year.
11. Willie Snead (ranked WR40) will finish in the top 25 among ppr WRs.
12. Zach Miller (TE18 ADP) and Charles Clay (TE 21 ADP) both finish in the top 10 among TEs. Martellus Bennett does not.
13. Matthew Stafford (QB 17 ADP) and Jay Cutler (QB 28 ADP) are the two quarterbacks that beat their draft position by the biggest margin.
14. Danny Woohead catches more passes this year than Travis Kelce.
15. Either the Jacksonville Jaguars or the Oakland Raiders finish top 10 in team rushing yards (last year: 27 and 28 respectively)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Forever_Peace posted:

1. Devonta Freeman will have fewer rushing yards this year than Ameer Abdullah.

:getin:

quote:

3. Derrick Henry will have more touchdowns and a higher yards per carry than DeMarco, and will be the starter by the end of the season.

:frogout:

quote:

8. Keenan Allen finishes top 5 in targets.

The only thing stopping this from happening is his health, since the last two seasons I'm fairly sure he was on pace for this in the games he actually played

quote:

9. Kenny Stills (Rank WR69) has a better year than DeVante Parker (Rank WR38)

Considering that he's currently running ahead of him in the offense, looks to have built a rapport with Tannehill, and was hand-picked as the WR2 by a new coach who had previously wanted his old team to trade for him multiple times in the past, I wouldn't call this bold, so much as no one is paying attention.

quote:

12. Zach Miller (TE18 ADP) and Charles Clay (TE 21 ADP) both finish in the top 10 among TEs. Martellus Bennett does not

This, but it's Walford and one of Cook/Allen/ASJ

Forever_Peace posted:

13. Matthew Stafford (QB 17 ADP) and Jay Cutler (QB 28 ADP) are the two quarterbacks that beat their draft position by the biggest margin.

Carr and Tannehill :colbert:

quote:

14. Danny Woohead catches more passes this year than Travis Kelce.

:holy: :respek:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Sep 2, 2016

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I will say, Freeman may regress, but Abdullah is still running behind a pretty sketchy oline, playing on a team that is going to be behind in a lot of games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
FP chose his words carefully because Freeman turned into a rich man's Danny Woodhead in the second half last year.

• Locked thread