Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I play to kill. No respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
shame we'll never see Rousey vs. Harambe

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Moridin can I have your expert opinion on this Real Street Fight

https://youtu.be/uxkr4wS7XqY

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Rousey was good at one thing and when that became not enough to win she quit. It's like that kid that was super good at cherry bombs in tetherball, but once people started standing far enough away to bounce it back they lost and threw a temper tantrum and cried and said they thought about killing themselves on national TV because thats just what people do.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Al Cowens posted:

...who are you talking about

the people going 'ohoho HONOR and BUSHIDO CODE hohoho'

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
She got choked out as a baby or whatever, born with the cord around the neck and suffered from hypoxia, and sustained permanent brain damage and couldn't say words until she was like 4 or something. Fortunately this braindamage also gave her superpowers and she became the best female fighter on the planet

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

beep by grandpa posted:

Holly reached out with both hands to touch gloves right before the fight started, ronda turned her back to her (to the crowd's amazement) then holly went "hm oh well" and beat the living poo poo out of her for 8mins then did a sick as hell backflip over ronda's miserably disgraced dead body

It was pretty loving delicious

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Moridin920 posted:

the people going 'ohoho HONOR and BUSHIDO CODE hohoho'

I feel that this thread has strayed too far from its original purpose which was Mordin talking about how a ninja would win all UFC fights, which is clearly wrong as the strict japanese honour code would never allow a master of any fighting art to sully his name in such a moronic contest.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hitchensgoespop posted:

I feel that this thread has strayed too far from its original purpose which was Mordin talking about how a ninja would win all UFC fights

ill paypal you a dollar if you find a post of mine saying that

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
you're gonna re-read all my lovely posts to try and get it, too

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Moridin920 posted:

Hoyl hsit

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Moridin920 posted:

I want this to happen because it's still the best part of this thread

Fake edit: I thought we established that you should just find and kill the person you're scheduled to fight in UFC as soon as you find out what the card is using a gun while hiding in the bushes because lol honor

Edit: actually that would be cool, basically two people get a license to kill one another and that is the only rule and you film it and take bets on whether unemployed couch cheeto gun range guy can out kill office accountant weekend crossbow hunting enthusiast

doctor 7 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Sep 1, 2016

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Jesus. The implication of what Moridin said is in the ring a ninja would lose, but out of the ring a ninja would win because the MMA fighter wouldn't know the fight was happening until a poisoned blow dart landed in their neck. Which is so obviously true that it almost doesn't need to be said, and yet the video exists.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

doctor 7 posted:

I want this to happen because it's still the best part of this thread

Fake edit: I thought we established that you should just find and kill the person you're scheduled to fight in UFC as soon as you find out what the card is using a gun while hiding in the bushes because lol honor

Edit: actually that would be cool, basically two people get a license to kill one another and that is the only rule and you film it and take bets on whether unemployed couch cheeto gun range guy can out kill office accountant weekend crossbow hunting enthusiast

drat. Sounds like the Running Man. The short story, not the movie.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
If fighting in the octagon, an MMA fighter would win over a toddler. Outside the octagon though, the toddler would win because the MMA fighter would be in prison for a decade.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Germstore posted:

Jesus. The implication of what Moridin said is in the ring a ninja would lose, but out of the ring a ninja would win because the MMA fighter wouldn't know the fight was happening until a poisoned blow dart landed in their neck. Which is so obviously true that it almost doesn't need to be said, and yet the video exists.

I know I could probably defeat Brock Lesnar if I knew he we were going to fight, and set up a bomb in his car so he blows up on the way to the gym to work out, QED

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

ElGroucho posted:

I know I could probably defeat Brock Lesnar if I knew he we were going to fight, and set up a bomb in his car so he blows up on the way to the gym to work out, QED

now youre getting it

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Germstore posted:

....and yet the video exists.

Which video?

I honestly though that ninjas didn't even exist and were dreamt up by the marketing team for GI Joe in the early 80s

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Blacktoll posted:

Moridin can I have your expert opinion on this Real Street Fight

https://youtu.be/uxkr4wS7XqY

I didn't think it was very realistic at all until they gouged out his eye, then it got even more real when they got the second one, and the ending is like the realest thing ever filmed like recording that for posterity might as well be the entire reason for film to exist

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbHzzqmbyUQ

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Well, it's based on modern ninjas but I'm no expert.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I remember when Ronda Rousey beat up then later hosed Turtle in the "Entourage" movie.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

But really, the whole fight should be a gif.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

doctor 7 posted:

I dunno why goons think that having respect for your opponent and expressing this in a competitive sport is this weird thing.

But then again that would require a understanding about basic social interaction and now I get why some goons are so confused at touching gloves before a fight.

who made this argument? scrolling through this page it was me and another dude who said ronda was lame as hell for not touching gloves like a dumbass baby.

I always like it when dudes, seconds after the fight has officially begun, fist bump before they start trading blows :-]

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

No sonic the hedgehogs in my dojo

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Ha ha very funny, I don't loving deal with filth that don't respect the 'hog. Welcome to my ignore list, buddy, population: YOU.

naem
May 29, 2011

I feel like Ronda got set up for failure as part of a heartless marketing scheme, although you can't feel too bad for someone who breaks arms for a living

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Keg posted:

Shemale is a really transphobic thing to call her, but basically a white transgendered woman after being on HRT for years has less testosterone than a cis woman and the bone density of a black woman

LoL I'm not typing all that. Why don't you call it whitetransgeneredwomanphobic then ? It's either shemale or tranny I don't wish to offend but my sex is described in 3 letters. I'm not going to research for an hour to figure out the least offensive thing to call someone who cut his dick off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ElGroucho posted:

No, a bomb would just make him angry.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

evobatman posted:

But really, the whole fight should be a gif.

It was cringeworthy from the start. Everyone was just waiting for the hammer to drop and boy did it ever.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Say Nothing posted:

No, a bomb would just make him angry.

I can't believe this guy was doing steroids

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Brock isn't even that big compared to wsm competitors.

I'd like to watch a steroids league with dudes like hapthor fighting.

He's a solid 120lb heavier than a juiced up Brock.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

jonathan posted:

Brock isn't even that big compared to wsm competitors.

I'd like to watch a steroids league with dudes like hapthor fighting.

He's a solid 120lb heavier than a juiced up Brock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkkL-bAH8H4

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Rotunda Rousey

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Decrepus posted:

Rotunda Rousey

This is a quality joke.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I've watched a few MMA fights in my day, but I know jack poo poo about actual fighting and techniques. And I'll be honest, a leaf falling from a tree onto my head almost gives me a concussion, so a question...

When a dude throws an elbow into some guy's face or is doing the ol' elbow-strike-to-the-head-over-and-over move, how are they avoiding shattering their own elbows or hitting their funny bones?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

I've watched a few MMA fights in my day, but I know jack poo poo about actual fighting and techniques. And I'll be honest, a leaf falling from a tree onto my head almost gives me a concussion, so a question...

When a dude throws an elbow into some guy's face or is doing the ol' elbow-strike-to-the-head-over-and-over move, how are they avoiding shattering their own elbows or hitting their funny bones?

Elbows are harder than most other bones and if they hit their funny bone there's enough adrenalin pumping through them that they wouldn't notice. Sort of like if you've ever run from the police and sliced your leg open hopping a fence.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

From what ive seen, most fighters are throwing glancing elbows to slash the other person open, not to knock them out. The exception is downward elbows to the side of the head when clinching I guess.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 2, 2016

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

https://youtu.be/WQ1qNMw1o3s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Thanks for the elbow answers.

I've watched UFC off and on from the very beginning. When it first arrived, it was a total novelty thing and more of a "who would win between a boxer and a sumo wrestler" type setup. Matches weren't one-and-done; they were multi-round elimination matches and several people just forfeited because even though they won, they had exhausted/mauled themselves and couldn't physically go on to the next round.

My favorite WTF moment from this era was the one clear-thinking boxer who came into the ring wearing a boxing glove -- as in a single glove on one hand! Needless to say, he was annihilated in short order. Good times.

• Locked thread