Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Tired Moritz posted:

Bandai is evil, calling it now.

The strawberry seed only shows its face three times. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Tired Moritz posted:

Bandai is evil, calling it now.

I could have told you that after playing Tales of the Abyss.

I wonder if the traitor is even inside the building. Maybe when everyone is out cold, the traitor walks in from outside, kills someone, then leaves the building before everyone wakes up.

Slur fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 31, 2016

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
The fact that Gekkogahara robot is still walking around despite not having anyone controlling it just makes me think that's a plot point so that when the second Junko A.I appears she has a body to control.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Slur posted:

I could have told you that after playing Tales of the Abyss.

I wonder if the traitor is even inside the building. Maybe when everyone is out cold, the traitor walks in from outside, kills someone, then leaves the building before everyone wakes up.

If the attacker is part of the game, doing so would've killed Ruruka.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

IceBorg posted:

The fact that Gekkogahara robot is still walking around despite not having anyone controlling it just makes me think that's a plot point so that when the second Junko A.I appears she has a body to control.

I agree but for a sudden AI Chiaki hijack instead.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

voltcatfish posted:

It's also kind of a bummer "It's Ryota's anime" is probably the answer, since that fits with the creators saying DR3 only works "as an anime" or something like that

This would make no sense because it would imply that Ryota could know about future events.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Yinlock posted:

I agree but for a sudden AI Chiaki hijack instead.

turns out the killing game survivor was AI Chiaki and Munakata murdered her

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the ultimate combination of technically not being a lie but still being an unsatisfying cop-out

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

Theres something really funny about Komaeda once again dooming Chiaki

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Never change. :allears:

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
I know what the cliffhanger wants me to think is "oh no, Chiaki's so dead" but all it's making me think is that Chiaki is so not dead and survives all of this and is going to show up in a Future side episode, hell she's probably on those boats at Jabberwock.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So Mikan has turned into a despair with Junko's first attempt at a brainwashing video. I assume that the rest of the class will get a more refined video, as none of them were drooling over the thought of killing someone at the start of the future side - she got a first draft, and it turned her crazy in a way no one else looked.

Nagito remains the best character. In DR2, the chapter 0 story made it look like this was the first time that Nagito and Izuru met, but his clearly retcons it. Unless Izuru forgot about this happening. Maybe he blocked it out, to avoid remembering what happens to Chiaki here.

Good luck vs. Good luck. Nobody dies, because their luck is about the same level. Nagito passes out, but that was a necessary loss for his luck to keep him alive.

I'm still picking Ryota as the killer in the future episodes, because he saw some of the proto-brainwashing video, so it might have affected him subconsciously.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Local animator ruins everything?

Also Nagito Komaeda continues to be the best character in the entire series.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

loving hell. Holy poo poo.

Nagito reaffirming his place as one of my favorite villains of all time. I can't believe he just pulled out a loving gun. Jesus. Talk about a showdown.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

BlazeEmblem posted:

I'm still picking Ryota as the killer in the future episodes, because he saw some of the proto-brainwashing video, so it might have affected him subconsciously.
Nah I don't think so. Mitarai knows about the brainwashing techniques, and it doesn't seem like Junko really did much of anything other than show the footage. Mikan was affected because she's already pretty hosed up psychologically to begin with, and Junko made it obvious that there was no way she could use the proto-video effectively on normal people.

(Also the video is on Funimation now so I think we can stop spoiler tagging?)

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

I love how the cast's reaction to Komaeda coming back after more than 6 months of being AWOL is a series of groans.

Was that a cameo of Matsuda in the middle of the episode? If so, we're still before the events of Zero.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That was Matsuda, yeah.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Peko still affirms her position as a good character.

And it actually took me a moment to remember that Kuzuryu's talent is public knowledge which is why nobody's surprised at him having connections.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

To think, most of the series could have been avoided entirely if Nagito just fired the drat gun instead of blabbering.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Well there's still no clear cut answer that his bullet of hope was stronger or not than Junko's despair.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

ApplesandOranges posted:

Peko still affirms her position as a good character.

And it actually took me a moment to remember that Kuzuryu's talent is public knowledge which is why nobody's surprised at him having connections.
Yeah the only secret is Peko's position as his bodyguard/hit-man. I won't lie, it was pretty funny that Ibuki twice freaked out over seeing how chummy they are.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

This show makes me so anxious no matter what side I'm watching. What a cliffhanger.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Nagito :allears:

Man, Chiaki is so hosed whatever happens.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Jesus Christ Komaeda I can believe you found a gun just by chance but I didn't expect you to go and pull it out!

I've got a real bad feeling over how Nanami meeting Kamukura is gonna go down

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh man I love reading about ridiculous conspiracy theories about this show, like "Asahina is a fake and was swapped in with somebody else"

there's probably better uses of my time, but eh.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Reading about the theory is probably better use of time than the people who've obsessively compiled evidence of the theory. They've really worked hard to put all of that together.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Speaking of silly theories!

So here's a weird thing, in this episode Komaeda meets Izuru but in DR2 chapter 0 he said he never saw Izuru.
This looks like a retcon thing but since they reference the whole "I have luck too" that happened in chapter 0 I don't think this is a retcon and it makes me think of another theory involving Nanami.

One of the reasons why many people said that Nanami was going to die is because in DR2 chapter 3 Mikan gets her memories back and she says she knows who the traitor is, before DR3 it was just because Nanami never existed but now a real Nanami existed so why did Mikan knew that Nanami was the traitor, so people assumed that the real one will die because that would explain Mikan's words but now I think there's another solution: Nanami won't die but Junko will remove memories of her existing from all the DR2 characters. Junko has the technology thanks to Matsuda to do that, and as seen in DR1 with Kirigiri she can remove certain memories of people as she pleases, Nanami is one the things that made the DR2 characters close friends so removing memories of her is good for Junko to take control of the class.

So what does this have to do with Komaeda and Izuru? Well Komaeda was with Nanami the entire time in the end here, so by removing Nanami from his memories he forgot that whole enconter.

Or maybe him getting shot just made him lose his memories.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
If Spike Chunsoft gives out no prizes I think you just earned one

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

voltcatfish posted:

oh man I love reading about ridiculous conspiracy theories about this show, like "Asahina is a fake and was swapped in with somebody else"

there's probably better uses of my time, but eh.

So what's the dumbest or silliest theory you've heard about this show?

I think one of the really silly ones I saw was the one claiming that Ryota Mitarai is Naegi's kid from the future.

https://www.reddit.com/r/danganronpa/comments/4wyvvk/dr3_spoilers_why_cant_i_be_like_naegi_why_naegiri/

Once we learned more about Mitarai's background I think this got killed, though. And since Junko's plan seems to be going forward quite swimmingly, I doubt that time travel will be involved in this plot. We'd have gotten clues to that by now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
people who mistakenly believe they are clever always go for the time travel theories

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I hope Komaeda time travels the Hope's Peak Academy plotline out of existence

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
If Asahina isn't a fake, then why is Munakata still chasing them? Checkmate :^)

Slokir
Mar 18, 2012
God drat, that show down.
I love Komaeda.

I'd watch a whole multi series show about him and Junko endlessly trying to out gambit each other

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
One theory that have seen is that after DR2 Junko managed to get inside Kirigiri's body so now she's Junko Kirigiri and the attacker.

Another one is that Asahina is the killer because of the whole Monaca thing of "a person who survived the killing game will die because of Naegi" and since Monaca was wake the whole time people think she saw Asahina kill people and she will die because Naegi will find her as the attacker or something(also thanks to this latest Future episode when Munakata encounters Asahina and Naegi he calls then despair and people think he was talking with Asahina only actually)

Basically people really want one of the DR1 characters to be the bad guys.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

IceBorg posted:

Speaking of silly theories!
I think this sounds pretty legit. The only hole I think is that we know from DR Zero that Junko tests Matsuda's memory erasing agent...but on herself, and becomes Ryoko Otonashi. Matsuda's three second cameo is very purposeful to indicate that she'll mindwipe herself soon, though whether she'll convert the class before or after that is unknown. If she does wipe everyone's memories of Nanami, then it would only be after she goes back to being Junko.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Yeah I thought that was Matsuda that I saw for a second there. Looks like that portion of DR0 is due to occur soon.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

IceBorg posted:

One theory that have seen is that after DR2 Junko managed to get inside Kirigiri's body so now she's Junko Kirigiri and the attacker.

Another one is that Asahina is the killer because of the whole Monaca thing of "a person who survived the killing game will die because of Naegi" and since Monaca was wake the whole time people think she saw Asahina kill people and she will die because Naegi will find her as the attacker or something(also thanks to this latest Future episode when Munakata encounters Asahina and Naegi he calls then despair and people think he was talking with Asahina only actually)

Basically people really want one of the DR1 characters to be the bad guys.

Hey now that's my guess and I even went step by step on why I thought it would work.

Also I don't want Asahina to be evil, I just think that it might turn out she killed Gozu. In DR1 you saw how far she's willing to push things if she herself gets pushed. It's fairly easy to imagine something similar happening if she had to kill someone in order to protect others. There's also a poo poo ton of stuff that could point to it being the case so it feels a bit unfair to just write it off because "it's a DR1 character, they'd neeever do that!"

Though I'm pretty sure Punished Persona is just nutso at this point.

My spitball for the attacker is that they all have a reason to kill to protect someone else. Junko or whoever making a game that has no winning play.

Imagine character wakes up and Bracelet says "kill someone, if you don't x dies".
Aoi kills someone to keep Naegi/Kirigiri/Most people alive

Izayoi kills Seiko to keep Ruruka alive (and Ruruka pays him back for it)

Would also be another reason to want to just stop playing the game and find a straightforward way out like busting down walls. Just let people have their guesses as long as there's SOME way to back it up :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Sep 2, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"Mitarai, did you lose about 50 pounds since I last saw you 15 minutes ago?"

Nothing weird about that. :v:

On the topic of theories, I predict Fuyuhiko will come across Peko and Mukuro in the rain while looking for Mikan. In the process of trying to protect Peko from Mukuro, he'll lose his eye.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I'm pretty sure at this point it's one of the two characters that haven't been seen yet. Considering Hagakure is outside, Monaca is dead, and I don't think Togami counts towards the 16 involved I'm pretty sure there's at least one person overlooking what happening. That person is both the killer and the mastermind because surprise it's Dangan Ronpa. Also no one really died. And it's actually just an anime.

Also it's hard to believe we just have like 4 more episodes for a bunch of stuff to just wrap up. Gonna be real interesting to see where all this turns to in the next two episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
So, how do you implant good luck onto someone with brain surgery anyway.

• Locked thread