Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Me and my friends just go to level 70, do we need to worry about trying to leech higher level runs or would we be fine continuing through time gate scenarios on our own.

I know you get a ton more xp if you leech, but I don't want us to have to split up and I'm worried that the alternative might be grinding one area for hours maple story style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Just continue leveling normally. There's no need to do the carry nonsense. It is faster, and it uses less fp, but it's also super boring. The difference is not so drastic that you should feel any pressure to really care.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Luke really surrounded himself with as many women as he could, didn't he.

That third one reminds me of the "Glados is a reference to bondage" theory/drawing thing that floated around after Portal 1, too.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Wouldn't you surround yourself in women when you're ripped as hell?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Somefool posted:

KDnF Season 5 looking good.

:laffo: at the Asura buffs. Looks like an average of 20% more damage across the board.

Somefool posted:

Monks are still in an iffy place from my perspective. I don't know how well they actually perform but for an example, if an Asura and a Monk both have full Gracia set, the Asura will still have higher priority in dealing with the more difficult dungeons in raid than the Monk.

Like I said, I don't know how well Monks perform in raid but I generally don't see them in difficult dungeons unless they're decked out in epics.

I have both at 86, though they have big gear differences (in the Asura's favor), but both are working towards gracia sets. Even once they both have 6pc gracia sets I'm not sure the monk's going to be stronger than the asura, even if I give them a lib totem or manage to get a blue dragon or 85 epic totem for them. With sader buffs the monk should do far more damage but their damage to effort ratio is way the hell up there compared to asura, no questions asked.

My asura also got a lightning totem drop the last time I farmed hells. If only that transfer stone wasn't level 80 and lower... :sigh:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
If I was an old dude with godlike power I would also surround myself with beautiful women.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Nethertribes posted:

Wouldn't you surround yourself in women when you're ripped as hell?

Can personally confirm

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

My asura also got a lightning totem drop the last time I farmed hells. If only that transfer stone wasn't level 80 and lower... :sigh:

I mean you can always transfer it later with 180 epic souls (5 cosmos = 1 soul). :v:

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Post apocalyptic New York is full of furries. This truly is the grimmest future. :suicide:

Here's all the new BGM from the update:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4nnnomppwkg3g7b/DnF_Season_5_BGM.rar

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

The music in 90 cap is really good.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

For those who don't know, DnF in Korea have an under 18 ver and over 18 ver. The under 18 version of the game censors blood and repaints in yellow/orange.

Here's the censored cutin for Vampire Lord:

:laffo:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Count (Orange) Julius, first of his name

Because kids have to be so sheltered from everything remotely negative in life

What about the Imp girl summon? Did they just remove her from the picture entirely?

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Neople please give us the option to roll Sunny D Lord please and thank you.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Somefool posted:

For those who don't know, DnF in Korea have an under 18 ver and over 18 ver. The under 18 version of the game censors blood and repaints in yellow/orange.

Here's the censored cutin for Vampire Lord:

:laffo:

Piss aside, I really hate how the new 2nd awakenings class art appears. I prefer how the old school ones look.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Count (Orange) Julius, first of his name

Because kids have to be so sheltered from everything remotely negative in life

What about the Imp girl summon? Did they just remove her from the picture entirely?

What does and doesn't get censored really confused me sometimes. I'm trying to remember which class or skill got censored several weeks later after their initial release for whatever reason. Some censors come in really late.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
It must be weird playing the censored version when you're playing a mmage lolipire subclass.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I just went to check on some other censored stuff.

They covered up a lot of cleavage. Classes include: Chaos, EK, SM and DT. Can't show any of that cleavage line. Nope. Meanwhile, let's sell some revealing swimsuits. :heysexy:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Yeah that's the most common form of their censorship, just putting a weird undershirt on everyone. The rogue is the most lol-worthy.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I know people saw the 90 epics, but the 90 legendaries are equally as stupid. :shepface:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xz5qeBtFjQbxTt8CRFHhFU4GgMMlxr_qEeCWeAh7dBg/

Arto Gand
Apr 7, 2009
YES, DEEP-ROOTED IS MINE!
HELL EVENT PAYED OFF
PRAISE THE LORD!

Arto Gand fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 2, 2016

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Arto Gand posted:

HELL EVENT PAYED OFF
PRAISE THE LORD!

WELCOME DEEP-ROOTED BUDDY!

(curse for vit)

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Arto Gand posted:

HELL EVENT PAYED OFF
PRAISE THE LORD!

Nethertribes posted:

WELCOME DEEP-ROOTED BUDDY!

(curse for vit)

im dead. i killed my are self

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Guess we know which sader is my raid support.

Edit: it's nether on Sindshin, nether still highest ranking bro in squad

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 3, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Arto Gand posted:

HELL EVENT PAYED OFF
PRAISE THE LORD!

:prepop:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I was a bit salty yesterday, cause I just hit 86 on my first char and then felt stranded in the vastness of currencies and silly OV mechanics. I thought as a Summoner I could just jump into normal OV, instead I got my face wrecked badly.

So today I tried Goblin Kingdom again with a pub party and it was not terrible. Only that the goblin king at the end bugged out and was stuck forever in his summoner dance :dance:

Gonna stick with this game for a while I guess, once you figure out the basics it's real fun.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Reminder to people to be courteous with the guild bank resources. Please take what you need; that's why it's there. But if there's signs of abuse or people taking clearly more than necessary, then we'll have to look at making the storage officer only, and all requests for stuff from the bank would have to be processed by them. Which we don't want to do, because it sucks for everyone!

So if you need awakening mats or cloth scraps for that one stupid epic quest or EEs for your ancient dungeon runs, by all means. But when you grab the entire EE stack, well, eyebrows are gonna get raised.

This is rarely an issue and pretty much everyone is great about giving way more than they take, and I appreciate that from everyone. So keep up the good poo poo y'all

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How do the new M mage classes play compared to the old ones?

ShimLemons
Nov 19, 2011
Posting to rejoin guild, sent a request on ShimLancer.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Got skirmisher to 86 and claimed the event rewards. The class is potent, but it just didn't click for me as something I enjoyed, so that skirmisher is probably going to languish unused now. Doesn't help that using it in PvP would make me a jerk, and while I may not be good at PvP in DFO, I view it as the only worthwhile thing to do in endgame. The PvE isn't terribly compelling and hideously grindy.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Obligatum VII posted:

Doesn't help that using it in PvP would make me a jerk

Be the jerk.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

ShimLemons posted:

Posting to rejoin guild, sent a request on ShimLancer.

I sent a request last night, forgot to post in the thread. Username is draecas.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

EVGA Longoria posted:

I sent a request last night, forgot to post in the thread. Username is draecas.

I'm pretty sure I accepted you last night.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

NachtSieger posted:

Be the jerk.

I just don't have it in me to be the jerk.

I wonder how elemental bomber fairs against skirmishers? The range and teleport might help them escape catches, although one wrong move and apparently you're 100 to dead if they know what they're doing? I feel like the classes that stand the best chance have huge y axis range and the bomber actually gets their y axis pretty heavily neutered in PvP, so...

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

So for this Capturing Antony event, I think I've found the best dungeon at level cap or level cap ish.

It's the Trombe Power Plant. The Antonies spawn just above Patris and both close enough that you can easily reach them and net them in a single net, unless you're slow as hell. The only real impediment is that Patris is kind of an annoying boss unless you can net the turtles then move on to one shot her.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thank god for the lollipop changes for the witch. One of the things about the class that really put me off was having to constantly have to cast it and it being really anemic early on.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

NachtSieger posted:

So for this Capturing Antony event, I think I've found the best dungeon at level cap or level cap ish.

It's the Trombe Power Plant. The Antonies spawn just above Patris and both close enough that you can easily reach them and net them in a single net, unless you're slow as hell. The only real impediment is that Patris is kind of an annoying boss unless you can net the turtles then move on to one shot her.

They're super easy to catch regardless, the big question is which dungeon can you clear the fastest? Or just nab them while running hells or something. The needed numbers are pretty reasonable overall.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Might as well get them in power plant so you farm magatoniums

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

i don't see any real reason to deviate from the usual farming spots, grandine slayer and watchers of natram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

InfinityComplex posted:

Might as well get them in power plant so you farm magatoniums

So what are the magatoniums used for, have to trade in piles of them along with antonium or w/e for the raid gear?