Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
also kudos to DA2 for the "yee haw" dialogue option, which allows you to "crack wise" in the most inappropriate possible circumstances, to the genuine chagrin and discomfort of those around you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

It's a stark contrast to dark souls where you have no friends. There are no nice guys in dark souls.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

NomChompsky posted:

It's a stark contrast to dark souls where you have no friends. There are no nice guys in dark souls.

it would be like if in dark souls, you were constantly being trailed by a gay elf

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

also kudos to DA2 for the "yee haw" dialogue option, which allows you to "crack wise" in the most inappropriate possible circumstances, to the genuine chagrin and discomfort of those around you

seriously my fave part you can even do it about your siblings death and your moms like what the gently caress hawke

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
maybe i'm as broken creatively as i am socially but dragon age is like the dumbest series of games.

i got the first one from the insane praise here and online and it was so boring i actually fell asleep during a few of the hour+ dialog scenes and just returned it.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
poo poo i'm just falling asleep at the mention of it

let's get back to the reason for the thread

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

NomChompsky posted:

solaire?? siegmeyer??

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

seriously my fave part you can even do it about your siblings death and your moms like what the gently caress hawke

or when your character tries to Whedon up a smart comeback to the guy whose wife has just been loving murdered

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjvwbwgUFE4

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Redjakk posted:

Also, gently caress guys that act like every female acquaintance they have is their own personal property.

Honestly gently caress anyone that does this. Being required to gain any kind of explicit approval from friends is dumb high school BS

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

solaire?? siegmeyer??

Yeah okay you have some friends but they all go hollow and die.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

NomChompsky posted:

Solaire was a bro

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Pththya-lyi posted:

One of my favorite MGTOW essays:

(Source)

Yes, modern women just hate the idea of a man who can cook!

(BTW, I suggest that beginner cooks try one of the dishes from this video instead:

http://www.food.com/video/improv-chicken-138

Much tastier than unseasoned, un-thawed chicken. Your date will love it! :iamafag:)

Yeah the MGTOW cooking thing is 100% false I've had several repeat dates by offering something fun followed by me cooking. Like going hiking at a state park then coming back for pasta or burgs.

Azuth0667 fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 2, 2016

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
It would be down right loving lovely if I could have one genuine conversation on the internet with other men about being men and related issues without these dipshit red pillers loving it up with their sad, misogynistic bullshit.

My girlfriend talks occasionally about an SA lady thread that's really great and I resent that I don't have a similar outlet or resource because of these dickless fucks.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Some of the most frustrating conversations I have ever had were trying to explain the concept of straight white male privilege to other straight white males. Guys I otherwise liked and respected simply could not wrap their heads around the idea.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

actual ancient roman chicken recipe

Dress the chicken carefully and quarter it. Crush pepper, lovage and a little carraway moistened with broth, and add wine to taste. After frying place the chicken in an earthen dish, pour the seasoning over it, add laser and wine. Let it assimilate with the seasoning and braise the chicken to a point. When done sprinkle with pepper and serve.

that guys chicken recipe

idk put it in a pan and cook for awhile or something

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

actual ancient roman chicken recipe

Dress the chicken carefully and quarter it. Crush pepper, lovage and a little carraway moistened with broth, and add wine to taste. After frying place the chicken in an earthen dish, pour the seasoning over it, add laser and wine. Let it assimilate with the seasoning and braise the chicken to a point. When done sprinkle with pepper and serve.

that guys chicken recipe

idk put it in a pan and cook for awhile or something

With lasers.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Pick posted:

IMHO the characterization is DA2's greatest strength. Unlike the generic power fantasy rpg where you have a cadre of the best [whatevers] in the universe, the prince of the whatevers and the high priestess of the whatever and the last of the whatevers, you instead have a bunch of loving losers who only seem to survive because one member of the group is responsible and another member is a master-class friend. Your friends do not turn out to have been competent diamonds in the rough by the end, either. they are big idiots and cause a ton of trouble, just like the bad man at the gate said y'all were. he said refugees were going to destroy the city and by god, you did

Yeah they're all terrible and all idiots and that's one of the fun parts.

Hell if they'd just advertised it as "follow this jerk and his or her crew of idiots around for 10 years" instead of promising an epic story that would have been okay too.

But let's not kid ourselves a certain Inquisition companion is in the running for single biggest fuckup in the entire setting soooo

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 2, 2016

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Some of the most frustrating conversations I have ever had were trying to explain the concept of straight white male privilege to other straight white males. Guys I otherwise liked and respected simply could not wrap their heads around the idea.

That's crazy talk. Women all live like queens so it's us white guys that need help!

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Mr. 47 posted:

It would be down right loving lovely if I could have one genuine conversation on the internet with other men about being men and related issues without these dipshit red pillers loving it up with their sad, misogynistic bullshit.

My girlfriend talks occasionally about an SA lady thread that's really great and I resent that I don't have a similar outlet or resource because of these dickless fucks.

I've got a bump on my nut and I'm really worried :(

begin manchat

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Salty Josh posted:

Good guy tale of the day:

So I've been frequenting a coffee shop near my workplace. I usually go there each evening. On some days there is this barista with pristine blue eyes and a genuine personality you can't fake --even for tips.
We get to talking and share a few good laughs most days. We end up saying the same things at the same times a lot. And when she thinks I'm not looking she'll quietly stare at me while she cleans the espresso machine.
Being the salty gently caress I am, it took me a while to realize that she isn't putting up a front. I usually don't talk to the baristas since most of them are FI's that expect a huge tip for a simple conversation even though they still get paid better than minimum wage.

Problem is by the time I get there it's real late and she's pretty exhausted. And a lot of the time our conversations are cut short by other customers coming in or the tiredness that she's become accustomed to. This morning I was cleaning out my flower beds and came upon a single, pink rose among all the weeds and wilted ones. It's sweet smell permeated through the stench of rotten leaves and I picked it. I thought about tossing it, but realized it was an analogy to all the lovely people that surround me everyday, and the rose that barista because she was the only beautiful thing in my day most weeks. I come in for my usual, and she already has it waiting on the counter. She walks to the back for a moment, and I take the rose out of my sleeve and set it in the tip jar. She didn't notice it while I was there.

We had had a conversation yesterday about the tip jar and the sound the money made when it fell out. And how some people become accustomed to the smell and the sound and never look beyond what it can buy.

It's been a long time since I've felt the need to express my desire for somebody through the use of analogies and symbolism. I hope it works. However, my office is moving, and I won't be able to frequent that shop too much as it is on the other side of town. Even if I never see her again, even if at worst I forget what she looks like , at least I gave it a shot -- let her know that someone gave a poo poo enough to bring her a flower to try and brighten her evening.

Salty Josh posted:

2. She thinks "Okay, this is something out of Silence of the Lambs. I hope he doesn't follow me home. o.o"
please tell me how old you are

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

NomChompsky posted:

I've got a bump on my nut and I'm really worried :(

begin manchat

It's your penis.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

i thought we trusted each other

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

NomChompsky posted:

i thought we trusted each other

Never trust your penis.

Seriously, you should get it checked out. Probably just epididymitis, which usually won't need anything more than a brief round of antibiotics, if that.

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
Excuse me, sorry to interrupt. Is this the thread I post in to have sex with curvy goonettes? If not can someone please point me in the right direction? Appreciate it and thank you.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

NomChompsky posted:

You know what pick we're friends now and that means I have to be honest with you because that's what friends do but here goes: while dragon age 2 was Fun, it was Lazy and they reused too many resources.

I just started replaying this again because I have da3 but miss being able to fire off any spell that I want during battle, since DAI doesn't let make use of the radial ring for less used spells and abilities.

I add nothing to this thread.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

please tell me how old you are

Twenty six good sir.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shugojin posted:

Yeah they're all terrible and all idiots and that's one of the fun parts.

Hell if they'd just advertised it as "follow this jerk and his or her crew of idiots around for 10 years" instead of promising an epic story that would have been okay too.

But let's not kid ourselves a certain Inquisition companion is in the running for single biggest fuckup in the entire setting soooo

the story is pretty epic, I mean there were so many parts the first time where i was like :chloe: but then the second and subsequent times I was like :thumbsup:

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Never trust your penis.

Seriously, you should get it checked out. Probably just epididymitis, which usually won't need anything more than a brief round of antibiotics, if that.

Got an appointment on Thursday because not only am I a Man(tm) I am also Responsible(r)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Question: is it a "big deal" that people know basically what Anthony Wiener's wiener looks like? Is it really an issue that people have an impression of your junk? Don't you assume most people can guess from your pants?

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Never trust your penis.

Captain. Nice serious post man.

Probably saved that dude a lot of worrying. *respect*

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Pick posted:

Question: is it a "big deal" that people know basically what Anthony Wiener's wiener looks like? Is it really an issue that people have an impression of your junk? Don't you assume most people can guess from your pants?

A nice moose knuckle silhouette goes a long way.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

NomChompsky posted:

did you forget about Patches and Leonhardt?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Pick posted:

If you're standing up with your shirt tucked in and a hard-on, yes. Otherwise, maybe maybe not. It's just your dick and balls in a sort of uniform orb. Penises can change size and shape, too!

Also Dragon Age was overrated as all hell. Everyone has the same skillset, every dungeon is identical, the story is even more linear than Mass Effect (your choices only affect who you can bang) and the only thing you see in the main city is a few tents for vendors and a couple of barrels by the docks. It has less decoration than most old top-down snes RPGs. It would be okay from a first timer or an indie firm, but it's friggin' Bioware and they have a lot to live up to. 2/10.

e. DA2, that is. Never played 1 and I have no plans to revisit the franchise even tho people I know who play go "but but inquisition is soooo much better". Nope.

phasmid fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 2, 2016

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

here's how you cook chicken 65

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iS100V12T4

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

in any thread starring both pick and troposphere conversation always ends up on DA2. every drat time.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

maybe i'm as broken creatively as i am socially but dragon age is like the dumbest series of games.

i got the first one from the insane praise here and online and it was so boring i actually fell asleep during a few of the hour+ dialog scenes and just returned it.

tbh i cannot fathom why anyone in their right mind would play dragon age in a world where mass effect exists

Mr. 47 posted:

never thought about this but yea that would be kinda neat in a way.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

when it's bad it's often entertainingly brazenly bad, but the tone of the game is a large shift from da1 and nerds simply loving lose their poo poo when things are different from other things

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

you could always try getting sex chummy with the whiny unemployed terrorist who has a whole nother guy in his head and flips his poo poo all the time and somehow dumps you???

it's, if anything, too realistic

Would you describe the game as gigglesquee? I know a developer for that game sure did.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Dragon Age 2 is great once you realize it's all a flashback told by Varric and Varric is a godawful storyteller who writes garbage novels.

Ed Wood was also really a false identity created by Orson Welles. Those numerous b movies were his riff on how the masses always craved their inane pablum after rejection of his grander vision. Casting Bela Lugosi was his criticism of AmericaCorporateCulture's vampiric feeding and exploitation of the old world that spawned it.

I still remember the whole bloody mess of that games creation. They were a bunch of half-wits who drove out a good potion of their talent and quickly shitted out a sub par game to meet a deadline. Hell I will give credit for adding the "unreliable narrative" as a way to cover up for lazy and underdeveloped writing. There was some good barebones of a plot lost there but that is how the writing process often starts: an outline and then a rough draft. More time and effort could have taken that somewhere but I still get irritated remembering how much time they pissed away loving off on forums and internet comments. Using a handful of maps over and over again while you fight power ranger putties is not fun nor the NEW poo poo. I loved Origins and dig Inquisition. Dragon Age 2 is shite. To anyone reading this: don't waste your time on this game. There are far better games to buy on steam or GOG.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 2, 2016

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
dragon age 2 >>>>>> dragon age inquisition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the original ending of mass effect 3 was bad cuck cuck cuck cuck

• Locked thread