Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yeah it's literally impossible to go slower than P99 does. I have no idea how it's stayed as popular as it has.

Well I guess I do - super niche, free, neckbeards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010

Secular Humanist posted:

I wish they'd launch a blue server that stays on each era of the game for a little longer. Like, a year of classic and then a year of kunark and a year of velious would be perfect, with maybe some type of custom content that opens after velious. The original progression just felt too fast to me; I remember only being like level 35 when Kunark first came out. Man those were the days :(

They actually are planning a server exactly like this. But, it won't come around until they're finished with every patch from the Velious era. So, like, a year or two from now.

Edit: I'm gonna say March 16th, 2018 for Green server release date.

Leviabeetus fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 1, 2016

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Leviabeetus posted:

They actually are planning a server exactly like this. But, it won't come around until they're finished with every patch from the Velious era. So, like, a year or two from now.

Edit: I'm gonna say March 16th, 2018 for Green server release date.

optimistic!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

a real jerk posted:

optimistic!

discord is only like 16 months delayed so this seems completely reasonable

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

what is discord

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Something that would require Rogean's attention for more than a few minutes, AKA, something that will probably never happen.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

ResidentSleeper posted:

what is discord
The Discord server. It might be awakened again on P99.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9364

Leviabeetus
Feb 14, 2010

ResidentSleeper posted:

what is discord

It was a perma-death pvp server way back in the day. Presumably there will be one for p99 someday, where three whole people will vie for greatness and glory against each other.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Leviabeetus posted:

It was a perma-death pvp server

:stonk:

Leviabeetus posted:

three whole people will vie for greatness and glory against each other

pretty much

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
A server most famous for its very serious ANARCHIST NO MODS NO MASTERS inhabitants lobbying to get someone banned for murdering them with level 3 bards.

EDIT: Oh wait fansy was on sullon zek lol

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hardcap of 25 placed on AOE rip chardok proxy

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252292

Bards? nah

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
25 is kinda harsh but this is going to be a good change for 95% of the players on the server. I kinda wish they'd done it with aggro code rather than target caps to shake up the poo poo train pull meta, but this is better than nothing.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I kinda wish they'd done it with aggro code

nono no no nononono no

this is too easily abused

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

i'm glad bards are dead

Eptar
Jan 14, 2003
Oh no, not again.
welp chardok AE was the last thing I wanted to experience / reason I kept leveling my wiz. Time to play a group friendly class, quadding raptors was slowly driving me insane anyway.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I kited well over 25 mobs at once on actual SOE servers. So yeah, real "classic" here. :rolleyes:

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

And in other news... another set of pathing "fixes" from Haynar, aka pathing will be broken as gently caress until he gets around to fixing his fixes.

Currently mobs are spinning in circles when walking back to their spawn points after an aggro reset. Makes it nearly impossible for monks to sneak-split mobs.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Do they just straight up not test patches before rolling them out? Like, how does poo poo like that slip through? Notwithstanding the fact that it's an emu project etc..

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

faulteroy posted:

And in other news... another set of pathing "fixes" from Haynar, aka pathing will be broken as gently caress until he gets around to fixing his fixes.

Classic.

faulteroy posted:

Currently mobs are spinning in circles when walking back to their spawn points after an aggro reset.

Classic.

faulteroy posted:

Makes it nearly impossible for monks to sneak-split mobs.

Classic.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
I love Haynar.

Secular Humanist posted:

Do they just straight up not test patches before rolling them out? Like, how does poo poo like that slip through? Notwithstanding the fact that it's an emu project etc..

The rest of the staff gives him constant poo poo for breaking things, but he's also the only one who knows how to handle certain chunks of the code.

nyclin
Jun 19, 2001

Secular Humanist posted:

I don't think they do much testing, if at all.. there's no public test server since Velious beta went down. A lot of bugs have involved skills/spells not working properly in one zone, but working fine in others. Seems like they basically just fire up a single zone in a test instance, play with stuff for a few minutes, and call it done.

Haynar made some pathing updates in 2015 that introduced warping bugs to a bunch of different zones, none of which have been fixed.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

faulteroy posted:

I don't think they do much testing, if at all.. there's no public test server since Velious beta went down. A lot of bugs have involved skills/spells not working properly in one zone, but working fine in others. Seems like they basically just fire up a single zone in a test instance, play with stuff for a few minutes, and call it done.

Haynar made some pathing updates in 2015 that introduced warping bugs to a bunch of different zones, none of which have been fixed.

At this point, I'm pretty sure Blue is the test server for Green. Stuff can break substantially and the staff doesn't seem to be in a hurry to fix it. :downsgun:

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Got my beer replicator. drat thing only procs one beer at a time. It's supposed to give me a full stack per click.

CAN THESE DEVS DO ANYTHING RIGHT??!!!!????

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
WTB A 'Mischievous Dazzler Doll'

I heard a purple gift box was finally yanked from peachy during the last month!

Can't wait to see what they are asking...

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013

moolchaba posted:

Got my beer replicator. drat thing only procs one beer at a time. It's supposed to give me a full stack per click.

CAN THESE DEVS DO ANYTHING RIGHT??!!!!????

oh my god, the guy finally spawns in Unrest?

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

cmdrk posted:

oh my god, the guy finally spawns in Unrest?

Yup. He was spawned next to the standard ghoul spawn in the red couch room on the first floor. I didn't have to camp him.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Speaking of cleric symbols, halfling clerics straight up don't have one for this patch, do they?

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Secular Humanist posted:

faulteroy posted:

Remember it's a free project made by amateurs. Testing on an internal test server where maybe, at best, 5 project members can log on at once to test, is not representative of what will happen when stuff goes live, where hundreds of people are active at once. You just gotta give them a break, MMORPG's are ridiculously complex, even old EQ.

Besides..... it's classic to have patches break poo poo anyway. :D

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Pilsner posted:

Remember it's a free project made by amateurs. Testing on an internal test server where maybe, at best, 5 project members can log on at once to test, is not representative of what will happen when stuff goes live, where hundreds of people are active at once. You just gotta give them a break, MMORPG's are ridiculously complex, even old EQ.

Besides..... it's classic to have patches break poo poo anyway. :D

Tell me about it. I remember one time they patched something and it ruined boat rides for a few select people. I was one of those people. Whenever I would ride the boat, it would drop me into the ocean and the boat would drag me along with it so I would be drowning.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Gruknor posted:

Tell me about it. I remember one time they patched something and it ruined boat rides for a few select people. I was one of those people. Whenever I would ride the boat, it would drop me into the ocean and the boat would drag me along with it so I would be drowning.

This happened for a LONG time too iirc? I think it had something to do with certain graphics cards? I had it happen on one computer but not another.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Gruknor posted:

Worst patch ever?

The main one that comes to mind was when they replaced the 3d mesh system (for lack of a better term). For about three days everyone was getting stuck on the slightest bump sticking out of a dungeon wall. Just rubbing your body near the zone geometry would trap you. I believe they added the rewind command for that bug while they tried to relax the sensitivity to the 3d mesh.

Meanwhile, everyone was very careful not to bump into any zone wall/object.

Not. Fun.

Herv fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 15, 2016

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

MF_James posted:

This happened for a LONG time too iirc? I think it had something to do with certain graphics cards? I had it happen on one computer but not another.

I was never sure how it happened. Just that it happened. I lost 50plat on my dwarf rogue, trying to get to oasis of marr drowned in ocean of tears(F u verant,) with a borrowed serrated bone dirk. That person who let me borrow the dagger was not happy.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

I have a patch ready for ZlizEQMap which includes a Plane of Growth map. Just to be sure, can some of you guys who have visited PoG search your log files and see precisely what it says when you enter the zone? Like:

You have entered Plane of Growth

Some zones have "The" in front of the name, for example it's "The Wakening Lands", not "Wakening Lands".

Thanks!

Arae
Jul 27, 2003

Pilsner posted:

I have a patch ready for ZlizEQMap which includes a Plane of Growth map. Just to be sure, can some of you guys who have visited PoG search your log files and see precisely what it says when you enter the zone? Like:

Thanks!

I checked some old logs.

"You have entered Plane of Growth."

Thanks for continuing to support zlizeqmaps.

bigdaddyo
Jun 28, 2008

Pilsner posted:

Some zones have "The" in front of the name, for example it's "The Wakening Lands", not "Wakening Lands".

Thanks!

This looks cool. I started playing last month and just found out about this.. Is it possible to use on a Mac? I access the game thru a wine wrapper .

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Thanks Arae, I'll put up a new version this weekend.

alex.kay posted:

This looks cool. I started playing last month and just found out about this.. Is it possible to use on a Mac? I access the game thru a wine wrapper .
I'm afraid I have no idea, it's a Window program, but you can give it a shot.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Here is version 7 of ZlizEQMap:

http://www.zlizeq.com/ZlizEQ_Projects-ZlizEQMap

Two fixes:
* A map for Plane of Growth has been added.
* The program should now be more tolerant of a suddenly missing / moved EverQuest directory and prompt you to choose it again when starting up.

Enjoy, and spread the word in your guilds (but not on the P99 forum or people will whine).

MoosinRound
Sep 5, 2011
When I log into my account it tells me to visit the forums and get the latest files, except when I click the link in the Getting started thread, it gives me a dead link. Does anybody know where I can find the latest updates? I played before Velious update.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

MoosinRound posted:

When I log into my account it tells me to visit the forums and get the latest files, except when I click the link in the Getting started thread, it gives me a dead link. Does anybody know where I can find the latest updates? I played before Velious update.

Try using the one linked here (latest one v43). http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2353085&postcount=1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
So it looks like Magi P'Tasa is on perma sock. Anyone know who I have to pay/beg to get a staff of elemental mastery: earth?

I have seen like one Magi in 3 months...