Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/26/celebrate-imperial-citys-one-year-anniversary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah we were dicking around in IC ganking DC scrubs until they decided they needed to zerg us down with the emperor in their group.

I'm going to wear that as a badge of honor.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Scyantific posted:

The general rule of thumb for armor upgrades post-50 is:

-CP10/VR1
-CP50/VR5
-CP100/VR12
-CP140/VR14

After you hit CR160, you'll want to get weapons ASAP. Legendary level C160 weapons add about 200 more weapon/spell damage and are the only things you really need to start out at max level. After that it's just a matter of running PvE or PvP content to get gear drops (especially jewelry) or farming hundreds of materials for a full C160 set of armor. I tend to do both.

I planned on grinding IC stones for 160 gear during the event. Is that gear a decent alternative to crafting?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Not so much, but you can definitely flip those Tel Var for crafting materials. Rubedo, Ancestor Silk, Rubedite, and Ruby Ash are 50 Tel Var per piece.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Best 5500 crowns ever

Also, I loving hate Ebonheart's late night PVP scene. During the day, they're decent but the minute 9PM PST hits, the other factions just start rolling through everything we took that day. No one groups. No one communicates and they siege castles that are 10 minutes away from spawn.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 30, 2016

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Awwwww yeahhhh, Kagouti mount, Pocket Mammoth, and Drunk Personality all coming this month.

E: Guilds and Glory Mega-DLC pack is coming on September 9.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 30, 2016

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Is this game worth the full $40 price of entry? I've got some money in my steam account from refunding something and I've been looking for something new to get into. I've played FFXIV for a while, but I'm kind of tired of it and I've been looking for something new to get sucked into. I tried getting back into Guild Wars 2, but just couldn't do it. I think that's mostly the theme of the game, though, Elder Scrolls is more of my style.

I played back in the last few closed betas and the game was garbage then, but I've heard it's much better.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

siggy2021 posted:

Is this game worth the full $40 price of entry? I've got some money in my steam account from refunding something and I've been looking for something new to get into. I've played FFXIV for a while, but I'm kind of tired of it and I've been looking for something new to get sucked into. I tried getting back into Guild Wars 2, but just couldn't do it. I think that's mostly the theme of the game, though, Elder Scrolls is more of my style.

I played back in the last few closed betas and the game was garbage then, but I've heard it's much better.

I just started playing a few weeks ago and I've really loved it. I've hit CP60 in the short time I've been playing and the goon guild is very supportive, so I'd recommend it whole heartedly!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

siggy2021 posted:

One Tamriel's coming up which is supposed to push the game more towards traditional ES style exploration gameplay so it might be worth a shot.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

siggy2021 posted:

It's a good game. Needs some more TLC but most of the complaints in this thread are from the most min-max players who actually care about things like 'builds' and 'being effective' and 'not dying'.

I'm mostly joking, but one of the great things about ESO is that no matter what there's something for you to do. Dungeons get closest to needing roles but I'm certainly not a very good tank and I help out just fine.

Even in PVP just find a zerg, get some siege equipment, and smash doors. You won't become Emperor that way (it literally only goes to the turbospergiest of the turbospergs, and even then there's been suspicion it's multiple people doing it.), but you can have fun.

Even just sitting in guild chat during a new content release and hearing me sperg about lore is probably fun. Probably. Right?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

siggy2021 posted:

It's one thing to spend $60 on the gold edition but why would you spend $40 on the version that can be acquired for less than $15 during sales or right now through key sites?

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
Because it's not on sale right now, that's why I was asking if it was worth $40.

I don't buy poo poo through shady key sites because they are shady and bad things happen.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

siggy2021 posted:

Because it's not on sale right now, that's why I was asking if it was worth $40.

I don't buy poo poo through shady key sites because they are shady and bad things happen.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008...YrWL&ref=plSrch

If you asked that question two or three months ago, I would have said yes but the Gold Edition for $20 more? Base game definitely not worth $40 anymore. $20 though? Sure.

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 30, 2016

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
i know that this was probably a cracking joke 3 years ago but

:confuoot:

(Goodbye.)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The AD farming was unreal today. Good job goons.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Scyantific posted:

The AD farming was unreal today. Good job goons.

What time are you guys doing PVP/IC? That way I know what time to be on.

JEEJohnson
Oct 31, 2011
Hi, I was wonderng if I could get an invite to the guild my name is @jeejohnson. Thanks in advance

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

What time are you guys doing PVP/IC? That way I know what time to be on.

Usually depends on when the majority of PvP Crew is on but usually we've been going at it starting at around 8PM Central. Might not do a run today since I'll be out for a bit, but check with the rest of the crew and see if anyone else is up for it.

Granted, I don't want to zerg down the city like these other pubbies do, because it gets awful and boring.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I haven't looked at the game since a few months after launch, I made a new dude, a redguard sorceror. Gonna try to get up to PVP-ing level in a week or so then I can go wild in the city with you all.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
I learned today that my bar is garbage for PvP and that I should feel bad.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Capntastic posted:

I haven't looked at the game since a few months after launch, I made a new dude, a redguard sorceror. Gonna try to get up to PVP-ing level in a week or so then I can go wild in the city with you all.

Wooooooo more STAMSORCS.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

I learned today that my bar is garbage for PvP and that I should feel bad.

Who the gently caress told you this?

Honestly it depends on what class and what spec you are. Give me that and I can point you in the right direction for bar layout.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Bustycops posted:

Wooooooo more STAMSORCS.

Is this sarcasm? IS THIS SARCASM???

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
No, stamsorc with a big 2 handed weapon is both amazingly fun and brutally effective. The build rules.

E: there's a specific dual wielding build that is better, but it requires farming two specific one handers and that's ten tons of rear end to do.

Aramek fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Sep 1, 2016

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Scyantific posted:

Honestly it depends on what class and what spec you are. Give me that and I can point you in the right direction for bar layout.

Tell me about what to put on my bars for magplar pvp, sensei.

Also thanks for the sweet gear, running around IC last night was super fun!

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads

Capntastic posted:

Is this sarcasm? IS THIS SARCASM???

No my excitement is genuine, STAMSORCs are cool and good, because we don't have to walk places or worry about piddly stats like Stam Recovery. We get to Blink around and Dark Deal for stamina like God intended.

Eskie
Jan 25, 2003
Could I get a guild invite on @eskiee?

Also, I usually like to tank in MMOs; is there a class that is preferable for tanking at endgame?

Thanks!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Eskie posted:

Also, I usually like to tank in MMOs; is there a class that is preferable for tanking at endgame?

Thanks!

Dragonknight. Hands-down the definitive tanking class in the game.

Also, anyone who asked for PvP skill-bar advice I'll make a huge effort post in a bit when I get back from errands.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Scyantific posted:

when I get back from errands.

Remember to buy Fresca while you're out.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Dragonknight. Hands-down the definitive tanking class in the game.

Also, anyone who asked for PvP skill-bar advice I'll make a huge effort post in a bit when I get back from errands.
I'd like this too. I think I'm doing ok on my stamblade, but some advice would be nice. I feel like I do 0 dmg, but thats probably because I'm not 160 yet. Once I hit 160, what gear should I be looking at?

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
I ended up buying it and I'm enjoying it so far. Invite to @siggy2021 would be grand.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

Scyantific posted:

I'm a magplar and I get super-rekt in pvp right now.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I want to reinstall this, but every time I download the 40 gig download it stops at 8 megabytes remaining (claiming 'reliable source serving corrupt data'), and any attempt to repair it just restarts the download over again.

Has anybody come across this problem before? People suggested to use a VPN elsewhere but that didn't work, all I get after that is some file writing error.

Airspace fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Sep 2, 2016

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer
Just got the guild tabard. Put it on. Laughed. Love it.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

justsharkbait posted:

Just got the guild tabard. Put it on. Laughed. Love it.

How do you actually get your hands on it?

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

How do you actually get your hands on it?

Go to the bank. Talk to the banker, there will option that says "guild store" in the list. Once in the guild store, make sure the correct guild is selected to see the store. Then it should be there.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

justsharkbait posted:

Go to the bank. Talk to the banker, there will option that says "guild store" in the list. Once in the guild store, make sure the correct guild is selected to see the store. Then it should be there.

I cannot wait to do this now.

Kettlepip
Jun 23, 2009

Eskie posted:

Thanks!

Scyantific's correct in that DKs have the best overall tanking tool set for veteran and hard mode trials. The most difficult raids, essentially. But everything else, including normal mode trials and all veteran dungeons, can be tanked by any class. I tank as both Nightblade and Dragon Knight and find magicka NB more fun, as it's more aggressively active and less of a turtle. I contribute much more to damage and healing, which floats my boat. Tanking NB is pretty much a cheeky DPS in heavy armour and some neat utility. So it depends what you define as 'end game'. If your heart is set on HM Vet trials, go DK. If not, play whichever class has the tool set that sounds more fun.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can I get a discord link? Last one I saw seems to have expired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

BurgerQuest posted:

Can I get a discord link? Last one I saw seems to have expired.

https://discord.gg/WhU6y

• Locked thread