Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Is there any LPS of any of the X-wing games(other than the TIE fighter one on the archives that is a barrel of laughs) or of the rogue squadron games? I feel the itch for some star wars space combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
There's two lps I watched part of and id like to find again, but I cant think of the names at all, see if you can help me out.

One was Professor Layton if it had a baby with Fargo while Twin peaks was watching in the corner creepily. Pretty certain this one finished and made it to the archive.

The other was a screenshot lp, I believe the premise was a jrpg set in WW2, but the Nazis were anime vampires? I cant remember if that one ever finished though.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

WombatCyborg posted:

There's two lps I watched part of and id like to find again, but I cant think of the names at all, see if you can help me out.

One was Professor Layton if it had a baby with Fargo while Twin peaks was watching in the corner creepily. Pretty certain this one finished and made it to the archive.

The other was a screenshot lp, I believe the premise was a jrpg set in WW2, but the Nazis were anime vampires? I cant remember if that one ever finished though.

First one is Puzzle Agent, no idea on the latter.

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.

Fedule posted:

That first one singlehandedly turned around my opinion on the ranking criteria on FE7. I have a special appreciation for LPs that can get neck-deep in balance stuff like this; it seriously gave me new appreciation of the game.

This guy on Youtube is a must-watch if you want to see more high level Fire Emblem. I'd argue he's better at the games than Melth is. He does runs with the games hacked so that characters don't gain stats upon levelling up, and tries to beat the game as fast as possible under that condition.

It's the only Fire Emblem VLP I'd consider watchable because he omits failed attempts and memorizes his strategy so he can input it really fast, so the pace is actually quite zippy. Also, no complaints about bad level-ups, which are usually like 50% of any given LP by volume.

He has complete playthroughs of Binding Blade and Shadow Dragon on their highest difficulties, and he's 2/3 of the way through Thracia 776. Other people have done FE3, 4, and 12, but none of them are as good at making videos or commentating.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

WombatCyborg posted:

I can't remember the title of that second LP, but it was abandoned near the end of the game, unfortunately. Even if you did find it you'd be in for disappointment.

fake edit: Aha! Googled: the game was Operation Darkness.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

i wanna find some lps with some funny rear end people, would prefer group commentary and kind of some people outside of the general famous rear end SA people. don't really care what game it is either, i just want some goofs who are a bit more obscure and preferably on this forum.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

FutureFriend posted:

i wanna find some lps with some funny rear end people, would prefer group commentary and kind of some people outside of the general famous rear end SA people. don't really care what game it is either, i just want some goofs who are a bit more obscure and preferably on this forum.

The Syphon Filter series LP by Lunethex is a good place to start. Lune drags Coolguye, TheLastRoboKy, and Jade Star through all six Syphon Filter games and their dopey 80s/90s spy thriller plots and hilariously bonkers physics engines.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

The Last Story by wateyad, Pork Lift, and eating only apples is a good time as long as you think pink buttocks are funny. It has some slow parts, but there's a lot of fun to be found in them both mocking and loving of a strange, obscure JRPG.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

FutureFriend posted:

Its ongoing but UZworm is doing Skyrim with some buddies and its a really good funny LP that evokes that "friends on a couch" feeling for me, which are my favourite kind of LPs

and of course I can't talk about couch commentary LPs without bringing up Danaru's thread where he's playing the entire Metal Gear series along with his boyfriend. Its a great LP and for obvious reasons the two have really good chemistry and despite their insistence otherwise, are very funny people!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

FutureFriend posted:

I had a lot of fun with Sleeping Dogs .

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

FutureFriend posted:

I've been surprisingly okay with the "20 years of doom" guys, despite not liking any of the other threads about "(x) years of (y)". It helps that I'm really into Doom.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

FutureFriend posted:

I've been finding The D-pad group rather funny though there is a 1000+ video backlog.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Help me find an LP?

Several years ago someone ran a tactical forum game with mechs. As in, own rules, self-made graphics, pretty much a homebrew boardgame. I remember that there was a long-running plot thread to hijack an ally's drone that started to develop a personality. It was done by some fairly known poster (might be Grey Hunter, but not sure; definitely in his style though), it ran for a long-rear end time, but I can't remember any names. Does anything ring a bell? If anyone's got a link to the thread I'd be doubly grateful.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Was it Battlepods? I don't have a link, but I do remember that thread, kinda.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Battle pods by grave dust is it. He started a new cyoa I think

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Was it Battlepods? I don't have a link, but I do remember that thread, kinda.
I think so. Now to find it in the archives...

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

FutureFriend posted:

I don't know if the Men Drinkin' Coffee count here because they're technically general famous rear end SA people (well Judge is, I don't know about the rest) but I don't think they've posted here that they're currently in the middle of a Final Fantasy X-2 LP that's up to like 30-some videos by now.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Pierzak posted:

I think so. Now to find it in the archives...

Here you go!

In case anyone doesn't know it exists, the LP Master list links to every LP done here, archived or no.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Battle pods by grave dust is it. He started a new cyoa I think
I can confirm that Battlepods was loving awesome and Gravedust was really cool about letting goons do strange things.

bunny here was the crew's bartender, and the subject of a particular 'incident' involving our main cannon.

Also Gravedust surprised me with a custom graphic for a pod variant I requested. :allears:

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 4, 2016

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
By 'incident' he means that we accidentally energy lanced bunnyofdoom's pod in the rear. :v:

You're free to join us on another Gravedust-made adventure on Starship Awful

shalcar
Oct 21, 2009

At my signal, DEAL WITH IT.
Taco Defender

my dad posted:

By 'incident' he means that we accidentally energy lanced bunnyofdoom's pod in the rear. :v:

That incident, Magic Roundabout and Born Free were the best parts of the Battlepod thread. It was one of the better forum games I've seen even if it did have goons busting it wide open.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Any good LP's of the first Etrian Odyssey game? Only one I can find in the Master List is missing all the images.

SWMadness fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 5, 2016

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

SWMadness posted:

Any good LP's of the first Etrian Odyssey game? Only one I can find in the Master List is missing all the images.

For SA LPs, there were 2 others, but both of them were abandoned. One of them only got out 2 updates before the person running it disappeared from the site. But 100percentjesusfree's attempt got pretty far in before eventually being abandoned.

I've seen a couple of video LPs of EO1 floating around on YouTube, but I dunno how exciting those would be to watch.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Here you go!

In case anyone doesn't know it exists, the LP Master list links to every LP done here, archived or no.
I love you. :glomp:

(I didn't think to check the master list since it was some boardgame-ish, good to know these classify too)

my dad posted:

Nah, I'm totally untrtustworthy with my time. But it looks fun to follow.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

StrixNebulosa posted:

I should mention that the LP Master List is entirely goon run. It's extremely possible for LPs to be missed, there are definitely holes, and if someone sees an LP that isn't on the list that they think should be on the list, then they should just go ahead and add it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

I should mention that the LP Master List is entirely goon run. It's extremely possible for LPs to be missed, there are definitely holes, and if someone sees an LP that isn't on the list that they think should be on the list, then they should just go ahead and add it.

Indeed. I've been trying to keep the Master List curated as a personal side project to sate my OCD, but because it is largely self-reporting, it's not an entirely accurate representation. Still a drat good tool though for finding LPs or seeing what has/hasn't been done though. Because generally if it's not on there anywhere then its lost to the forums.

Also LPs that go up on the LP Archive are auto-added to the Master List by baldurk regardless of whether or not they were listed on the Master List prior to that.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FutureFriend posted:

Grimrock LPs have consistently been group efforts, it seems.

http://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Grimrock-(by-Iron-Chitlin)/

http://lparchive.org/Legend-of-Grimrock-(by-Highwang)/

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Sep 5, 2016

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Thanks!
I just binged through this, and drat that was complete mastery of one of my favorite games ever (if anyone knows how to get CIV2 running on my macbook I'd be forever grateful). I would have loved for it to have continued after those two campaigns with challenges like going for a pacifist science victory or something that would actually pose a challenge to Melth.

Shaded Spriter
Mar 27, 2010

FutureFriend posted:

Found it last month from Errant Signal's channel but Spoiler Warning Show has a good group dynamic.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

kjetting posted:

(if anyone knows how to get CIV2 running on my macbook I'd be forever grateful).

If you're fine with something fairly close, there's a browser version of freeciv at https://play.freeciv.org. It supports multiple rulesets, some closer to original CIV2 than others.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Why did you show me this? I will never get anything done again. Goodbye, wondrous productivity!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Does anyone know of any good SHMUP LPs? I'm looking in particular for vertical scrolling SHMUPs, but any will do - finished, ongoing, unfinished, whatever. Thanks!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
http://lparchive.org/Touhou-1-6/

Zorak's playthroughs of Touhou 1-6. He planned for more, but burned out i think. Definitely worth a watch. he goes into the origins of some of the imagery or enemies and the like, and it's also interesting to see where the series got its origins (as a kind-of Arkanoid style game)

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Rising Grandpa picked up the rest of the series but stopped around 12 I think? Those were also good, and he did some of the side games too

E: Jk, he stopped at 9, but did do the two shoot the bullet side games

Erg fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 7, 2016

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Does anybody know of and Dark Souls (or Bloodborne) LPs that are a) Done by someone who knows what they are doing, and b) edited? Something like that Level 1 playthough that go abandoned because the LPer went loco.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
How about multiplayer LPs? For awhile, years ago, the Freelance Astronauts' run of New Super Mario Bros Wii was my go-to source of laughs if I needed a pick-me-up. Anything similar these days? PreferablyIf possible not a split-screen setup since I find those hard to follow, especially first-person split-screen.

TooMuchAbstraction fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 7, 2016

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

How about multiplayer LPs? For awhile, years ago, the Freelance Astronauts' run of New Super Mario Bros Wii was my go-to source of laughs if I needed a pick-me-up. Anything similar these days? PreferablyIf possible not a split-screen setup since I find those hard to follow, especially first-person split-screen.

If you want to watch some people go humourously through a bad game, there's Kalon (and company)'s Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One LP, which is one of those 4-player brawler-type games.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

This recent Castle Crashers LP comes to mind.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

HenryEx posted:

http://lparchive.org/Touhou-1-6/

Zorak's playthroughs of Touhou 1-6. He planned for more, but burned out i think. Definitely worth a watch. he goes into the origins of some of the imagery or enemies and the like, and it's also interesting to see where the series got its origins (as a kind-of Arkanoid style game)

Thanks! I forgot that existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

Patrick Spens posted:

Does anybody know of and Dark Souls (or Bloodborne) LPs that are a) Done by someone who knows what they are doing, and b) edited? Something like that Level 1 playthough that go abandoned because the LPer went loco.

Ritcheyz actually came back, posted 2 more updates then disappeared again 2 months ago.

The Strawhat No guys are doing Demon's Souls, with one guy who's played it a lot and one newbie with an interesting picture-in-picture gimmick. Slow update speed but they're pretty reliable.

Iggy LPed DS2 (Archive link) and is currently playing 3 here (thread). He's pretty good but a bit light on the editing (mostly cutting deaths and load times and such).

Lastly, AngryMog and I are co-LPing DS2 here, about 2/3rds through and currently on hiatus. I only bring it up since it's the only "heavily edited" (basically everything cut out except playing our 2 routes) Souls LP on SA I can think of and that sounded like a priority (and since we usually just show successful runs, it looks like we know what we're doing :v: ).

How about multiplayer LPs?

Speaking of the Strawhat guys, I recently saw their Tri-Force Heroes LP (playlist link) and it's been pretty amusing. It's a capture-modded 3DS so you do have the 2 screens, but it's not split between the players or anything.