Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Mo_Steel posted:

One of these days I'm going to get around to actually making a random generator for POE for Ultimate Hardcore, Have it gen a class, ascendancy, a primary skill gem, not sure what else. Maybe some keystone skills on the tree or a weapon type.

Too late!

http://poerng.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Tom Steele posted:

Thanks rat this looks great. Anyone planning on running from launch and want to group?

Ohhhhhh, yes. I'll be playing the poo poo out of it from the word go.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Good.

quote:

Your build is: Flameblast Duelist with Elemental Equilibrium

:unsmigghh: Very good. Do buffs that just say damage like the Champion's Inspirational (You and nearby Allies deal 35% increased Damage) apply to spell damage too? A tanky flameblaster could be fun if I can avoid being interrupted.

e: I will probably now just be clicking this thing until the patch hits, work excluded. "Raise Zombie Marauder with Minion Instability" could be fun.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 2, 2016

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Could I get an invite for StoneLikeFlickerer?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Guild invite to Ogponvixzl please!

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
So many new items to add to the loot filter aaarrggh

JTDistortion
Mar 28, 2010

quote:

Your build is: Elemental Hit Marauder with Avatar of Fire

I got a real winner!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"Trap's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time."

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1716228

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vOv posted:

vOv posted:

Ive gone to bed, if noone else gets you Ill do it when I wake up.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

TheRat posted:

"Trap's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time."

Trap bladefall is probably still really good until they nerf all the double dips, but at this point I'm just glad to have an excuse to knock things off my potential builds list.

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug

Tom Steele posted:

Thinking I want to do a bladefall poison trapper to start with, ive never played a miner/trapper build and dont really want to do another EQ build to start. Is this dumb? Will traps get nerfed 3 days in?

Alternatively what else should I start with?

quote:

Support Gem Balance:

Trap's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time.

Edit: Alternatively, this is my potential list this league for hardcore:

Blade vortex pathfinder (be the 99%)

Bladefall totems scion

Vortex elementalist (maybe ruined by conflux nerf?)

SRS necro

Crit freezing pulse totems

Crit lightning arrow + blast rain raider

EQ max block gladiator

Essence drain necro

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What all needs to be added to filter? Can i just catch all show essences?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

sent invites to the couple above

edit: i should refresh pages sometimes

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

anyone got a good, unobtrusive filter that doesn't hide quality flasks or good bases/chance bases?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Mo_Steel posted:

:unsmigghh: Very good. Do buffs that just say damage like the Champion's Inspirational (You and nearby Allies deal 35% increased Damage) apply to spell damage too? A tanky flameblaster could be fun if I can avoid being interrupted.

Yes they most certainly do. Champion is one of the better ascendancies again now

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Someone on reddit pointed out that the total amount of XP it takes to get to 100 is just shy of 2^32 (less than 40M off), which is probably why they're nerfing XP gain instead of increasing requirements.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Duelist would be a cool spellcaster, untill you do your tree and see the +0 INT in your stats.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Excuse me, there are 2 easily accessible +30 Int nodes :colbert:

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
http://i.imgur.com/ITvbAJd.gifv

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
i am so hype

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
unlinked flameblast with Elreon rings? just ggg balancing team things

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

The Real Foogla posted:

unlinked flameblast with Elreon rings? just ggg balancing team things

they probably have some kind of "skills cost 0 mana" debugging item

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Praxis Prion posted:

Essence drain necro

Any reason to go necro over trickster?

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.

Tykero posted:

Glacial Cascade would be so much more functional if it was all Physical damage with a "60% of Physical Damage converted to Cold" modifier on it. I know that would kinda break the spell/attack design dichotomy but gosh it sure would make that skill suck a bit less!

Yeah, it's a shame that most of the discussion devolves to just flat damage fixes. Unlike projectile spells where you have a ton of options for tweaking the damage and how it moves around the screen, cascade boils down to "make it smaller or larger for more or less hits per target". It'd be cool to see a unique that adds some more sequences and changes the firing pattern. Could turn it into an aoe where each eruption occurs randomly in a smallish area either at the target or around you. Or, since it's supposed to be an avalanche like spell, have it do something like fork after hitting a target where the remaining eruptions spread out in a cone type pattern and let the forked eruptions shotgun.

As it is, I think the skill is just a weird combination of multi-hit ground based aoe that's never going to get much love outside of a unique item specifically made for it.

edit:

Lungboy posted:

Any reason to go necro over trickster?

I almost never end up as a scion but when I tried to mash together a tree for poison essence drain I ended up liking this over either a witch, shadow, or ranger. I wouldn't claim it's the perfect build for everybody but I've got a thing for armor/hp casters so the scion setup made it just possible to stretch around enough to cover all that.

YoungSexualNorton fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Sep 2, 2016

El_Molestadore
Apr 2, 2005

Time to die hero
Can I have a guild invite on "Moux"? :)

Internet Nobody
May 17, 2009
How boned are bf trappers now? Should I just accept that to have a t1 build I need to go Bv pathfinder this league or are there any other suggestions (played that last league).

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tom Steele posted:

How boned are bf trappers now? Should I just accept that to have a t1 build I need to go Bv pathfinder this league or are there any other suggestions (played that last league).

The dot is a bit over 40% weaker. You'll live.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

YoungSexualNorton posted:

I almost never end up as a scion but when I tried to mash together a tree for poison essence drain I ended up liking this over either a witch, shadow, or ranger. I wouldn't claim it's the perfect build for everybody but I've got a thing for armor/hp casters so the scion setup made it just possible to stretch around enough to cover all that.

That's incredibly tight on points, would it be a case of leaving the witch area until the very end? I can't see myself staying alive to get that far, so I might be better off with a more usual Trickster build.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Yeah, I always spec out to the last point just to make sure there's enough...uh, branchiness available. That I'm not going to get stuck with the last 10-15 points and no easy place to fill them into without reaching. Realistically I don't think I've ever gone past 90. The shadow area is probably the last one I'd fill out since it's almost entirely damage without much defense or utility. Witch I'd start running through as soon as ascendancy points allow because I really like double curse for survivability in hardcore.

edit: A shadow is almost definitely more straightforward if you aren't intent on getting both double curse and life/armor.

YoungSexualNorton fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Sep 2, 2016

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
The data is being mined.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_essences

just scroll all the way down for the none tiered ones.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
WHAT THE gently caress BUILD DO I PLAY ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH :psyboom:

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

funmanguy posted:

The data is being mined.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/List_of_essences

just scroll all the way down for the none tiered ones.

no % phys damage essence, rip

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Wait are we expected to dedicate two or three stash tabs to these goddamn things?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Vasudus posted:

Wait are we expected to dedicate two or three stash tabs to these goddamn things?

I doubt that by the end of the league you will fill up one 144 space tab. Combine to level 7, use on high ilvl poo poo.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Hmmm I'm torn between doing a full fire conversion ice spear Chieftain or an ice spear pierce scion with deadeye/???

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

nightwisher posted:

Do Iron Will Hierophant. Work towards a Pledge and getting lots of mana and MoM. All your nodes are Elemental or Spell or the damage from strength from Iron Will. So you can use any spell you want and stick it in a 4L Pledge for a cheap early 5L. If you want to gimmick it up then take Resolute Technique, put on a Romira's Banquet and a The Aylardex and you can get like 45% MoM

Hauki
May 11, 2010

nightwisher posted:

Hi5 indecisive bud

Saganist
Oct 10, 2011
Can I be invited to guild without being online? Won't be on until patch is out. IGN is MinesCats

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I'm probably going to go with EA juggernaut, but I am a little worried about a)reflect b)actually getting enough money to buy a kaom's heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saganist
Oct 10, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

I'm probably going to go with EA juggernaut, but I am a little worried about a)reflect b)actually getting enough money to buy a kaom's heart

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Pride_Before_the_Fall these are pretty easy to farm

• Locked thread