Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

this thread has made me hate the forums and i'm never going to post here again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
you've already made promises re: spoiling next season of GoT in gbs and if you don't make good I'm going to kill you with a butcher knife

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

proof of concept posted:

you've already made promises re: spoiling next season of GoT in gbs and if you don't make good I'm going to kill you with a butcher knife

Spoiler: it's mostly going to suck

Cersei develops force powers and gets in a lightning fight with the queen of thorns.

Jaime steps in between them and throws her off the red keep.

He's all like argh, my metal hand, oh noes!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

$hillary paid me $50,000 to post from my SA account so peace out you turds and enjoy the propaganda

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I'm voting for Hilary, the next PUSA

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

syscall girl posted:

Spoiler: it's mostly going to suck

Cersei develops force powers and gets in a lightning fight with the queen of thorns.

Jaime steps in between them and throws her off the red keep.

He's all like argh, my metal hand, oh noes!

actually that sounds wicked, and you sound like an idiot for thinking otherwise?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

proof of concept posted:

actually that sounds wicked, and you sound like an idiot for thinking otherwise?

:shopkeeper:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I dont remember but im 99% sure the thread was called "i expect to be mocked but can i hide fyads title somehow", some dude showed me how to with adblock and then it was a pile on like it is here

Ill admit i stirred poo poo a bit and it wasnt till i called lowtax a manchild that he gave me the title but enough about the spoilers, you dudes are missing the point despite several people who arent me pointing it out to you.

lol yeah i remember that thread now. you got super serious and santimonious about FYAD's title being "Han Dies" and then sassed the loving king-owner of the site and all that happened was you got made fun of and he gave you a punny title mocking you

how the gently caress do you not understand why you were the butt of so much mockery?? I Have A Serious And Reasoned Opinion I Demand Be Heard Regarding The Spoilering Of Star Wars By An Internet Subforum like what the actual gently caress dude

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Itt a hopeless nerd chastises another hopeless nerd in a hilarious attempt to feel superior.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

OMGVBFLOL posted:

lol yeah i remember that thread now. you got super serious and santimonious about FYAD's title being "Han Dies" and then sassed the loving king-owner of the site and all that happened was you got made fun of and he gave you a punny title mocking you

how the gently caress do you not understand why you were the butt of so much mockery?? I Have A Serious And Reasoned Opinion I Demand Be Heard Regarding The Spoilering Of Star Wars By An Internet Subforum like what the actual gently caress dude

It sounds like he just wanted to hide fyad's title.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Ork of Fiction posted:

He didn't mess with you for complaining about spoilers, he messed with you for complaining about FYAD. :eng101:

FYAD has always been the real problem and the forums won't change until its killed

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
just gonna point out that from what I heard several got spoilers got to the top of the default reddit frontpage last season so i don't think that's what's holding us back from our true potential

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Itt a hopeless nerd chastises another hopeless nerd in a hilarious attempt to feel superior.

every thread on every discussion forum

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Zo posted:

It sounds like he just wanted to hide fyad's title.

someone gave him the adblock line to do that on like the 5th post on the 1st page but he hung out for days to whine and slapfight

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

its true

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

OMGVBFLOL posted:

nah that wasn't me

mine was definitely when it spoiled got

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

nah that wasn't me

hahaha god drat i suck

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

Kevin Lannister always repays his debts with special advice from an accountant and the very best financial consultants

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Applewhite posted:

I watch cartoons exclusively so I don't give a poo poo about live action TV.

I respect this position if it's what you like brah but I will suggest you check out White Collar or Leverage. They're basically formulaic crime dramedies, but unlike most formulaic crime dramedies that are literally murder of the week, the only time anyone dies is when poo poo Gets Real(tm).

e: I guess Leverage has more deaths than White Collar but they generally use them to set up a particularly deplorable villain

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Sep 2, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Some other poo poo I accidentally found:

OP posted:

Newb here.

Is there some reason why every loving thread on there gets nuked?

There was a huge thread in GBS, then Ralp moved it to d&d and nuked it through base means of subterfuge. Is Lowtax dead.

Because if he is, he'd be decomposing right now.

Redditor 148756 posted:

Because the people in power at SA are MOTHERFUCKING ROBOCOPS, F-YEAH

Zoe Quinn was a goon, and one who is "connected" in the inner circle

Fun Fact: SRS/Ghazi was founded by goons

Look into Weird Twitter.

Reddkjhgölm whatever posted:

lowtax let a fat legbeard ROBOBOOBERCOPS approve basically every mod on the site for years, cancer drove all the funny people away, and now what's left is a warning for sites like reddit - a property that's a hollow shell of its former self filled with screechy, broken people on the wrong side of 40 and of no value at all

whatever posted:

Because SA is a TERMINATOR hive?

*fart* posted:

Goons are still miffed we stole their thunder. Also some pretty bad BATMAN infestation due to a mod. Oh and the lefties there were pretty butthurt about Laissez Faire.

I like pie posted:

Lowtax is pretty much a better version of Evilore, which is why I'm asking these tough questions about SA.

turtles are cool too posted:

The only thing good about SA was Cliff Yablonski.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

what even caused all of the recent robocop poo poo? It feels like one day people just started getting pissy about even the smallest things and for some reason people started listening to them.

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe
SA's always had a mostly left-wing user base, and then in the late 00's that's when all of the intersectionality/privilege talk really caught on in that crowd as a whole and not just here.

Triggered
Aug 21, 2016

Learn about this great man on mormon.org

The Skeleton King posted:

what even caused all of the recent robocop poo poo? It feels like one day people just started getting pissy about even the smallest things and for some reason people started listening to them.

Goons are like the south Park episode where they are smelling their own farts.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

Some other poo poo I accidentally found:

Why do you care about what people on Reddit say about SA? They don't loving matter.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

skander posted:

Why do you care about what people on Reddit say about SA? They don't loving matter.

It's not that I care, it's more that it's funny.
That's the whole reason I made this thread, really.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Laughing at other people ranting about how SA is a wasteland and goons are scum is like our national pastime

Mahuum Aqoha
Jan 15, 2004

SHEPARD!
Do it for the universe!
Fun Shoe

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Laughing at other people ranting about how SA is a wasteland and goons are scum is like our national pastime

"That site really IS Something Awful!" will never not be funny.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Jack Trades posted:

It's not that I care, it's more that it's funny.
That's the whole reason I made this thread, really.

Ah, that makes sense. Mockery is good.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Not being bigoted became cool and then it got hijacked by special snowflake oneupmanship. Now demisexual genderqueer is a srs bizness identity on parts of the Internet. Somewhere in the middle of that process SA got tired of that poo poo and :sever:ed.

I enjoyed the ride. I can understand why people who jumped ship during the sjw bonanza and never looked back still assume the forums are that way.

I think that's a rough approximation.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
anti-sjws are worse than sjws

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

phasmid posted:

I always like your posts. :)

And to Lowtax: It was front page content that got me reading this site about fourteen years ago. You shouldn't lose heart - after all, like you said there were plenty of naysayers the entire time. You not only have the site which produces good and funny content, you produced a good deal of it yourself and got to present some very talented people to a larger audience. You give us a place where we connect, and despite the low-effort posters and the trolls in general, the society is a net gain for all involved. Hell, if the place wasn't vibrant, there would be no trolls since they need fresh meat to live.

So when people say that tired cliche "dead gay forums", I either assume a) it's a clever catchphrase to ward off potential shitposters and steer them off towards poo poo sites like reddit or b) it's dumb assholes who just want to be edgy and nihilistic as possible (you know who you are).

SA is great. Loved it for almost half my life. Still read the front page. Love you guys dearly. Peace.

This is a good post. Also a bunch of retards posted a thread in CC four years ago and change and now we have four million words of fiction, couldn't have happened anywhere else IMO.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ArmZ posted:

LMAO, what a robocopper you are.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Jack Trades posted:

LMAO, what a robocopper you are.

good one chief. you must love the front page of reddit then.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

ArmZ posted:

I'd say that they are about equal. Personally I would prefer that the whole fad be forgotten, which it will be eventually.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

This isn't nostalgia about "The good old days" or anything but I think that given enough time we built up a larger and larger userbase of robocops. So it isn't exactly that people are just now getting pissy it's that enough people with a predisposition to being pissy have gathered in one place and we start hitting peak bitch. 2013 was the worst though, this is nowhere close, back then the entire forum had a predisposition toward the robocop narrative while punishing people for actually being funny or contributing content if the shrieking, thin skinned children were morally outraged by their jokes and/or content.

lately it is more just arguing and people calling them out while they cry about the state of the forums, trying to attach their own pissbaby reasons onto Lowtax's concerns of flagging membership. "It isn't that the site hasn't changed in almost two decades, offers no merchandise and is relatively stagnant its that things that I personally don't like happen here so that's why Lowtax is having problems! People are mean and drive people like me away!"

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
This thread suck

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Hell Yeah posted:

this thread has made me hate the forums and i'm never going to post here again.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

ArmZ posted:

AKA fedora gentlemen

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

lol at anyone thinking lowtax is reading your heart-felt encouragement or smelling your freshly minted opinions. it seems more like he just posted in this thread to vent. i feel bad for lowtax. he clearly cares about the site but is helpless to stop it from slowly sinking into the ocean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

People being ironic turbo leftists in LF and then other people actually thought they were serious and adopted their dumb stances for real. Sort of like how ironic racism attracts real racists on the chans.

• Locked thread