Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

RyokoTK posted:

I was more referring to the podcasts that do have ads jfc
Oh, fair enough. I thought we'd gone back around to the "why doesn't The F Plus do it?" question. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Nah I doubt anyone here is demanding the F-Plus start reading ads.

Though I WOULD like more info on what squarespace isn't for.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Squarespace is NOT a place to find adult toys to satisfy someone of any kink or sexuality.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Nearly all of those mail-order businesses that buy ads on podcasts are created and staffed by the exact type of Soylent-swilling San Francisco tech boom startup crazies whose every thought is pure F-Plus material, on one hand I'm all in favor of taking their money because they're terrible human beings but on the other hand if even one shut-in buys overpriced clothes or mattresses from them then you're part of the problem.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Alaois posted:

Squarespace is NOT a place to find adult toys to satisfy someone of any kink or sexuality.

Squarespace will not send organic, all-natural snacks directly to you.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Now I want an episode reading some marketing forum for douchebags.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Nearly all of those mail-order businesses that buy ads on podcasts are created and staffed by the exact type of Soylent-swilling San Francisco tech boom startup crazies whose every thought is pure F-Plus material, on one hand I'm all in favor of taking their money because they're terrible human beings but on the other hand if even one shut-in buys overpriced clothes or mattresses from them then you're part of the problem.

OH GOOD YOU'RE SCREECHING ABOUT THIS NOW AGAIN

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

Hey, be nice to J.W. Friedman, he's a friend of the show.

Seriously though, did a tech startup kill your parents or something?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

T-man posted:

Now I want an episode reading some marketing forum for douchebags.

There's totally a website somewhere of people with actual products that just try to get people to advertise it for them or something, right? Like, just incompetent ad copy open for anyone to read?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Guy Mann posted:

On the other hand I actually picked up some Harry's razors and they're pretty good and priced well. :shrug:

The Heavenator
Feb 28, 2011

BangBangBang! Commando of the Galaxy
GUESS WHAT NERDS?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
That graphic is perfect. :allears:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
that is genuinely fantastic

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
The only Podcast that does ads well is Hollywood Handbook, mostly because they turn them into sprawling, epic story arcs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VGXloYZctI

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Actually, can we demand that the F-Plus start reading ads for other podcasts? Because it would be pretty funny to be listening to another podcast only to have Lemon pop up in the middle of it to pitch Audible.com and his new webgame Sell.Out.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
I'm barely into this eHow episode and Archduke Macklemore already made my day.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

those titles at the end....loving nicely done Spooks.

ghost emoji posted:

I'm barely into this eHow episode and Archduke Macklemore already made my day.

Emptyquoting these. Spooks, you're a hero.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Sissy Kiss is fine.

wimjob

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Sissy Kiss is so goofily gross that I just laugh. The plushfuckers are way more depressing and disturbing.

"Forty-threee..."

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
SIssykiss was gross but fine. Bugfuckers was hilarious. Plushie lovers was super-tame in comparison to both, mostly because it was a depressing look into the relatively safer minds of man-children.

The inevitable foot fetish episode took longer to get through than any of them but still had laughs in it.

Meanwhile, the one that I have yet to finish for whatever reason is still the Thumbsuckers. I don't even know why! It shouldn't be that gross in comparison to those four but it... just is.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The only episode I can't go back and listen to is that guy on tumblr who claimed he was a demon and was so upset about how people treated him cause of it.

gently caress that guy.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Grondoth posted:

The only episode I can't go back and listen to is that guy on tumblr who claimed he was a demon and was so upset about how people treated him cause of it.

gently caress that guy.

That was the second episode I listened to I think.

The first was the multiples.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

SIssykiss was gross but fine. Bugfuckers was hilarious. Plushie lovers was super-tame in comparison to both, mostly because it was a depressing look into the relatively safer minds of man-children.

The inevitable foot fetish episode took longer to get through than any of them but still had laughs in it.

Meanwhile, the one that I have yet to finish for whatever reason is still the Thumbsuckers. I don't even know why! It shouldn't be that gross in comparison to those four but it... just is.

That one is great if only for the poetry

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Testicle smashing is the only one I struggle to listen to.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Imagine Your Fav was a real ordeal for me to get through, particularly because it was at a time where I liked to listen to podcasts while eating in the dining hall at school.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Waffleman_ posted:

Imagine Your Fav was a real ordeal for me to get through, particularly because it was at a time where I liked to listen to podcasts while eating in the dining hall at school.

This is probably the hardest episode for me, too. It's not just poop stuff, it's lovingly written descriptions of the entire process.

I also don't relisten through ep 149 just because sounding is my :stonk: topic for this podcast.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
So I was trying to figure out what episode Football Congress was (and didn't find it, so if someone could help me out that'd be great), and I found F Plus/Ballpit nation state fanfiction.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

Mimetic posted:

So I was trying to figure out what episode Football Congress was (and didn't find it, so if someone could help me out that'd be great), and I found F Plus/Ballpit nation state fanfiction.

"Eeeeehn, the captains of all the football teams are out there and they're gonna beat me up."

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

I almost got it. I'm listening to 160 right now. I thought it was from around that time. Thanks.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I can't think of an episode that really tested my endurance as a whole, but the gum picking in 144 was probably the worst single reading. Cutting the frenum is up there too.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Sep 3, 2016

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
ice chewing got pretty bad at times, but not quite as bad and not as often.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Actually, the worst F+ reading is drat near objectively Frank West's from the third live show.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Actually, the worst F+ reading is drat near objectively Frank West's from the third live show.

U! S! A!

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but can we go back to the 9/11 part?"

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
"READ IT!" "READ IT!"
"DON'T READ IT! DON'T READ IT! DON'T READ IT!"

Deport The Irish
Nov 25, 2013

IronicDongz posted:

ice chewing got pretty bad at times, but not quite as bad and not as often.

Ice Chewing contains my favorite reaction, when one lady is talking about how she goes floor to floor with a garbage bag to empty out all the ice machines at work and Adam just yells "this is something goblins do!"

Also now I can't crunch an ice cube without immediately thinking that I might be turning into one of the subject of that episode, and that sort of constant low-level shame and terror is good for the soul.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Just submitted my first document. It ends with a selection of unformatted poetry and a list of titles; I think that my chances are pretty good.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Everytime it gets mentioned I have to rehear it. I know the logline and how it starts bad, but I keep forgetting how HORRIFYING it gets. My heart goes out to Frank West.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh

KirbyKhan posted:

Everytime it gets mentioned I have to rehear it. I know the logline and how it starts bad, but I keep forgetting how HORRIFYING it gets. My heart goes out to Frank West.

Is that the one with the dead dog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

ghost emoji posted:

Is that the one with the dead dog?

it's the one with everything