Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

As a restaurant person, I've spent a fair amount of time guessing at people's names when I hand their receipts to them.

More times than I would think reasonable, people are overjoyed to hear their names correctly pronounced.

This allows me to deploy a shrugged, "hey, I'm a cunning linguist."

The joke almost always kills, especially when I work bachelorette parties.

Not an edit: the above poster posted a Cake song, yeah? Thievery abounds!

-----------

Real edit: gently caress... It was Deep Purple.

Knocking at Your Back Door

The_Book_Of_Harry has a new favorite as of 05:13 on Sep 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
... What?

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

The line "cunning linguist" sounds like cunnilingus, or colloquially: eating pussy.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

The line "cunning linguist" sounds like cunnilingus, or colloquially: eating pussy.

idgi (I don't get it)

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Yes you do.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
So I was browsing dumb crafts and bullshit on Pinterest, and usually the ads are pretty well tailored to me though I'm not sure it really matters. I go to Target once every three months to stock up on lady business and pills because I get a gift card from my credit card rewards anyway. But this add...

I did click on it. Yeeeeeaaaaaaaah I can't imagine an average person would want this. I don't know why this exists. I understand why gently caress pillows and boob-ergonomic mousepads exists, even though I don't like that they exist. But this...?

http://www.infmetry.com/products/gi...ource=Pinterest

Wow, this site has some great stuff:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

redneck nazgul posted:

That's a boxer, right?

No, it's a dog.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Tiggum posted:

No, it's a dog.

What, you've never boxed a dog?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Nothing in the rulebooks say that a dog cannot be a boxer.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

Not an edit: the above poster posted a Cake song, yeah? Thievery abounds!

I don't understand this line, which is what I think the other poster was asking about. I don't see anybody posting a song or lyrics, whether Cake or Deep Purple, and I don't get "thievery abounds" because if your whole post was also a quote from something, I have no idea what it was. :psyduck:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Nothing in the rulebooks say that a dog cannot be a boxer.

Air Bud: Pugilist

Dammit, we'll have to recast.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

redneck nazgul posted:

That's a boxer, right?

No, it's a Meimaraner.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Bobby Digital posted:

Air Bud: Pugilist

Dammit, we'll have to recast.

Air Bud is now a multi-movie franchise with its own spinoffs starring supporting characters from Air Bud movies and has led to the formation of Air Bud Entertainment. Here is the trailer to their 15th (I think) movie, starring a minor character from the Santa Buddies movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8u7iu_AJs0

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I would gladly pay to see that. That dog's part in santa buddies was hilariously goofy and you can't really go wrong with talking dog movies (marmaduke was pretty stupid though).

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Don't they usually use tons of dogs to play the same "character" though? I mean it's not like you can say that a dog actor is good and worth following in other movies...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Don't they usually use tons of dogs to play the same "character" though? I mean it's not like you can say that a dog actor is good and worth following in other movies...

Yeah, most animal roles are generally played by two or three near-identical ones for when the first one gets fussy/pisses itself/bites the lead actor and needs to be taken out back with a shotgun.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Eddie from Frasier was awesome!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The mouse from Stuart Little was really good. Surprised he hasn't been in anything since.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

RCarr posted:

The mouse from Stuart Little was really good. Surprised he hasn't been in anything since.

He got Parkinson's.

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Bogmonster posted:

Welcome, friend. You know, a lot of people say: 'Guy N. Smith? Isn’t he the guy who writes all that horror crap?' Well, good luck to you, you’re an idiot.

Because my books always say something, even if it’s just something simple like: 'Don’t genetically engineer crabs to be as big as men', there's always a message or a theme.

Man, if there were ever a show that needed a second series, this is it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3rNBAMt-kg

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

Apparently Rin Tin Tin won the first Academy Award for Best Actor but the Academy wanted people to take them seriously so instead gave it to second place.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

SKY COQ posted:

He got Parkinson's.

bzw
Mar 31, 2007
waxing

Bast Relief posted:

So I was browsing dumb crafts and bullshit on Pinterest, and usually the ads are pretty well tailored to me though I'm not sure it really matters. I go to Target once every three months to stock up on lady business and pills because I get a gift card from my credit card rewards anyway. But this add...

I did click on it. Yeeeeeaaaaaaaah I can't imagine an average person would want this. I don't know why this exists. I understand why gently caress pillows and boob-ergonomic mousepads exists, even though I don't like that they exist. But this...?

http://www.infmetry.com/products/gi...ource=Pinterest

This is reminiscent of the Panda's Ana stuff. Not like I know who was the progenitor of miniature dishware girls.

http://www.takaratomy-arts.co.jp/specials/pandanoana/meido/index.html

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Bart Fargo posted:

Man, if there were ever a show that needed a second series, this is it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3rNBAMt-kg

They wanted to make a 2nd series, but it was cost prohibitive with the way they shot. They shot everything normal, than in post added the 80's "effects"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
They deserved all the money in the world for how great that series was.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

MacheteZombie posted:

They deserved all the money in the world for how great that series was.

Wank an only dream.

Cpt Thorne
Apr 13, 2009

Tiggum posted:

No, it's a dog.

Heh, I'm pretty sure it's David Mitchell.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I don't understand this line, which is what I think the other poster was asking about. I don't see anybody posting a song or lyrics, whether Cake or Deep Purple, and I don't get "thievery abounds" because if your whole post was also a quote from something, I have no idea what it was. :psyduck:

Ahh.
I was blind guessing that someone posted the song from whence (I wrongly assumed) the "cunning linguist" joke came. It was not a Cake song, as I had misremembered, but one by Deep Purple.

"Thievery abounds" was in response to me not only stealing the joke for my own ends, but looking at a macro doing the same, while I also misattributed the source.

The funny picture is me IRL, but have a classic, too

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
E: oops

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cunning linguist probably dates back to like Oscar Wilde or someone.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Data Graham posted:

Cunning linguist probably dates back to like Oscar Wilde or someone.

If there's one thing Oscar Wilde wouldn't claim, it's probably being good at eating pussy

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Bast Relief posted:

Mu. Unpost that picture. Unask tha-

Mu. Muu!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

theflyingorc posted:

If there's one thing Oscar Wilde wouldn't claim, it's probably being good at eating pussy

I concur

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Probably on his way (back) to Ontario to find work.

E: sorry

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 19:27 on Sep 2, 2016

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Sorry to Canadians for leaking our jingoism is leaking across the border.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

gently caress these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
That picture sure is "funny".

• Locked thread